Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

4 hours ago, SirMcCabbage said:

never mind looks like it spawns in  wastelands from what i found online i will assume thats correct unless you guys say other wise. But if thats the case im boned because my world spawned without one 

Yeah, only in wasteland. Same for uranium and plutonium.

16 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

They already do. But people don't check.

Yes, the perk descriptions mention the perk pre-requisites.

But the skill book descriptions and and the crafting descriptions do not mention those perk pre-requisites. The skill book descriptions do not even mention the perks. For example, the skill book for steel armor seems to rely on the game's default description for the book which only says Steel Armor Schematic. But it teaches your character a level of the steel armor perk. But the player does not learn this from the book -- you have to study other things to learn what it is that "you" have learned.

29 minutes ago, VicWint said:

But the skill book descriptions and and the crafting descriptions do not mention those perk pre-requisites. The skill book descriptions do not even mention the perks. For example, the skill book for steel armor seems to rely on the game's default description for the book which only says Steel Armor Schematic. But it teaches your character a level of the steel armor perk. But the player does not learn this from the book -- you have to study other things to learn what it is that "you" have learned.

I agree. As a new DF player, I was a bit confused as well.

On top of that, I can't understand why I have to read the same schematics multiple times before they get marked as read. :confused2:

2 hours ago, VicWint said:

I'm not going through all the localization for all the books to duplicate the same information that people could find if they looked at the book, what it unlocks, went "Oh, it unlocks this perk" and then looked up the perk.

That's several HOURS if not DAYS with time better spent elsewhere just because people can't be bothered to look.

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I'm not going through all the localization for all the books to duplicate the same information that people could find if they looked at the book, what it unlocks, went "Oh, it unlocks this perk" and then looked up the perk.

That's several HOURS if not DAYS with time better spent elsewhere just because people can't be bothered to look.

I went through Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config/items.xml and built a list of all items which had a  requirement name="ProgressionLevel"  and  property name="Extends" value="schematicMaster"  and then compared those to the rows in Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config/Localization.txt

Here's the items from that list which did not have a row in that Localization.txt:

armorIronSetSchematic
armorLeatherSetSchematic
armorSteelSetSchematic
cementMixerSchematic
chemistryStationSchematic
workbenchSchematic

(I did not do this by hand, I wrote a little script to do it.)

I hope this saves you some time.

I suppose I could also chase through and find the corresponding perk descriptions and build descriptions for each of those schematics that list the requirements. I would have to rely on google translate to help me with the other languages, and I do not know how bad that would turn out, but that's currently the biggest obstacle I can see. (Do you have friends who help you with translations?)

8 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

I miss animal tracking. was hoping hunter had it T_T

It should do.

6 hours ago, VicWint said:

I went through Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config/items.xml and built a list of all items which had a  requirement name="ProgressionLevel"  and  property name="Extends" value="schematicMaster"  and then compared those to the rows in Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config/Localization.txt

Here's the items from that list which did not have a row in that Localization.txt:

armorIronSetSchematic
armorLeatherSetSchematic
armorSteelSetSchematic
cementMixerSchematic
chemistryStationSchematic
workbenchSchematic

(I did not do this by hand, I wrote a little script to do it.)

I hope this saves you some time.

I suppose I could also chase through and find the corresponding perk descriptions and build descriptions for each of those schematics that list the requirements. I would have to rely on google translate to help me with the other languages, and I do not know how bad that would turn out, but that's currently the biggest obstacle I can see. (Do you have friends who help you with translations?)

I'll have to check that but i'm pretty sure that code doesn't do what you think it does.

T

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I'll have to check that but i'm pretty sure that code doesn't do what you think it does.

That could very well be -- I am a novice here.

(I think that that code is the code that identifies (creates) the "schematics" which now give the player perks. (And, I think that the missing entries in Localization.txt mean that the descriptions do not tell the player that they are giving perks to the player.))

5 hours ago, VicWint said:

T

That could very well be -- I am a novice here.

(I think that that code is the code that identifies (creates) the "schematics" which now give the player perks. (And, I think that the missing entries in Localization.txt mean that the descriptions do not tell the player that they are giving perks to the player.))

I was experimenting with some of the schematics to give them back to the player if the schematic is already known. I suspect it's that.

My point stands though. I'm not going through the localization to add to every item (and all appropriate translations) what they unlock when the player could just look at the "Unlocks" tab to see what perk it unlocks, and then look up the perk.

Now if THAT tab is missing, that's different and something I need to fix.

EDIT: Been and checked and apparently that tab is missing, even though the schematic has the correct "unlocks" property. I'm still not going through every item and adding what it unlocks because that would SERIOUSLY take me 1-2 days.

3 hours ago, Nickguy5467 said:

it should do? what do you mean?

What I said. Hunter should have tracking. I know it does for me.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

7 hours ago, khzmusik said:

He probably just doesn't know the Queen's English. "It should do" = "it should" for Americans and other commoners. :) 

yeah sorry . I'm uncultured swine. T_T

8 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I was experimenting with some of the schematics to give them back to the player if the schematic is already known. I suspect it's that.

My point stands though. I'm not going through the localization to add to every item (and all appropriate translations) what they unlock when the player could just look at the "Unlocks" tab to see what perk it unlocks, and then look up the perk.

Now if THAT tab is missing, that's different and something I need to fix.

EDIT: Been and checked and apparently that tab is missing, even though the schematic has the correct "unlocks" property. I'm still not going through every item and adding what it unlocks because that would SERIOUSLY take me 1-2 days.

What I said. Hunter should have tracking. I know it does for me.

oh you're right as usual sir. i never fully read the hunter class mastery level 2 . sigh well thats good to know 😃

Hey Khaine I just downloaded the "Anywhere Anytime" Mod and it seems that there are only Ferals spawning. I would like to have the option to mix it between normal and Ferals, because having 20+ Ferals running after me is... well...

I couldnt find it by myself what I have to change, it seems that there is no option in this mod for.

Thank you in advance. This mod is great!

3 hours ago, Krisrennt said:

Hey Khaine I just downloaded the "Anywhere Anytime" Mod and it seems that there are only Ferals spawning. I would like to have the option to mix it between normal and Ferals, because having 20+ Ferals running after me is... well...

I couldnt find it by myself what I have to change, it seems that there is no option in this mod for.

Thank you in advance. This mod is great!

You have to do it in XML. It's intended to be a horde night replacement, hence the ferals.

1 hour ago, Nickguy5467 said:

"summon the fallen trio" how do you finish this quest if you die? it doesnt show as failed quest but is still active exccept the fallen are no where to be seen when you go back to where you died. should i just cancel it?

that sounds like a Sorcery problem.

gamestages.xml controls the wandering horde spawning

Just now, Arastir said:

Just did a clean reinstall of 7D2D, got the latest version of DF. Going to try and use KingGen for the first time, so I've got the DFPois txt file for that. What exactly do I need to do with that file?

When you open kinggen, click advanced and there's a POI list dropdown.

Click that, select use custom, click the text file you downloaded, done

Sorry for asking again.

I changed the horde in the xml files from (example)

BMHordeGS1

to

wanderingHordeStageGS1

But now I am getting errors. Sure I did something wrong with writing down the wandering horde. Can you correct me please?

error.jpg

4 minutes ago, Krisrennt said:

wanderingHordeStageGS1

Check to see if the first letter needs to be capitalized - WanderingHordeStageGS1 vs wanderingHordeStageGS1 (and also check to make sure you got it correct).  The game is looking, but can't find the object.  That makes me believe you might have an issue with the change you made (does not match up to the group name).