Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

4 hours ago, Fren said:

we played on the server for weeks, since latest update on steam we can't access it. Server is being updated automatically as well so I really dunno why it's telling this now. 

I could have sworn @KhaineGB mentioned something in 19.6 required a new game. Is that still a thing?

6 hours ago, Fren said:

2021-08-04T20:15:03 21.226 ERR XML loader: Loading and parsing 'blocks.xml' failed
Exception: Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster!

There's your error. You don't have the modified assembly_csharp.dll installed on the server to load custom code. I can tell that from the log because none of the harmony patches have outputted their "I have loaded" logs.

3 hours ago, kinoob said:

My wife and I are really enjoying this mod in alpha 19. Today we went to the research lab and had a strange issue with an incubus guarding the laser workbench. He initially got 7500HP when we shot him, his health went down shortly and then up to 22.5k, so we decided we could not kill him. Also in my game the console popped up constantly saying:

InvalidCastException: Specified cast is not valid

I was ready to file a bug report, but thought better check all parameters. Doing that I found out we were playing DF3.6 for 7days 19.6 on 7days 19.5, so I wiped the mod with the mod launcher and did a fresh install with the new 19.6 game copy. Now it turns out, we cannot play our save game with the new version because we had power items in our base 🤪 https://community.7daystodie.com/topic/24924-my-friend-is-getting-an-error/?do=findComment&comment=438385. So my question is: can we anyhow get the DF version for 7days 19.5? I searched on github but didnt find any option to download an old version. Any help would be much appreciated.

There's a backup on nexus: https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=posts&BH=1

You can go all the way back to 19.0 with the files on nexus. I only clear them out on new alpha. So when A20 drops, everything from A190 to A19.5 will be deleted, so only the A19.6 files will be there (also has A17.4 and A18.4 on there for folks who want to do that)

1 hour ago, SrslyGTFO said:

I could have sworn @KhaineGB mentioned something in 19.6 required a new game. Is that still a thing?

It's still a thing. I tried to avoid that, but sadly couldnt

I noticed recently that at least some items take multiple repair kits to repair. For instance, our lvl 41 auger is taking 4 repair kits for a full repair. Is that a new-ish thing? It's probably been a thing for a while, but we only just started DF again recently, and before this I haven't played DF in probably 6 months at least.

Found something odd, although you may already be aware; If you try to make bottles of acid, one of the recipes is impossible to make because it calls for "empty glass jar" which isn't in the game.  Was probably meant to just be "glass jar" but even searching the dev items I didn't find "empty glass jar" nor can it be crafted.

2 Lead Car Battery

1 Empty Glass Jar

14 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

There's your error. You don't have the modified assembly_csharp.dll installed on the server to load custom code. I can tell that from the log because none of the harmony patches have outputted their "I have loaded" logs.

So what can I do about that? 

We really have to start over again now with 19.6 ? 

59 minutes ago, Aradael said:

Found something odd, although you may already be aware; If you try to make bottles of acid, one of the recipes is impossible to make because it calls for "empty glass jar" which isn't in the game.  Was probably meant to just be "glass jar" but even searching the dev items I didn't find "empty glass jar" nor can it be crafted.

2 Lead Car Battery

1 Empty Glass Jar

Aha. Thank you. Probably just forgot to change one of the items.

4 minutes ago, Fren said:

So what can I do about that? 

We really have to start over again now with 19.6 ? 

Talk to your server host. They may be blocking DLL uploads.

And yes, you do.

Addendum to the acid...

There's only ONE acid recipe in DF.

<!-- Battery and Engine Crafting -->
		<recipe name="resourceAcid" count="1" craft_time="60" craft_area="chemistryStation" tags="learnable">
			<ingredient name="resourceCoal" count="50"/>
			<ingredient name="drinkJarBoiledWater" count="1" />
		</recipe>

And that's it.

So any other recipe is likely added by a modlet, and therefore not my responsibility. ;)

On 8/4/2021 at 11:36 AM, KhaineGB said:

You need to go into dm, press f6 for the spawning menu and spawn them from there. But you need to make sure "From Static Spawner" is ticked or they'll despawn when you logout

I have absolutely no idea what that is. Definitely not something i've mssed with though.

You wont be missing out on anything. Solo currently starts with 2 class books vs 1 on servers. You can make more later. Just keep your difficulty around nomad or lower if you dont want it too hard.

Thanks, appreciate it!

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Aha. Thank you. Probably just forgot to change one of the items.

Talk to your server host. They may be blocking DLL uploads.

And yes, you do.

Addendum to the acid...

There's only ONE acid recipe in DF.

<!-- Battery and Engine Crafting -->
		<recipe name="resourceAcid" count="1" craft_time="60" craft_area="chemistryStation" tags="learnable">
			<ingredient name="resourceCoal" count="50"/>
			<ingredient name="drinkJarBoiledWater" count="1" />
		</recipe>

And that's it.

So any other recipe is likely added by a modlet, and therefore not my responsibility. ;)

I first unzip all your files, then upload them with FTP.

Usually all files are uploaded without errors and if there are, you get a report. 

There wasn't any.

Only explanation I have is that patch 19.6 changed files in the server properties which made a collission somehow with the old files. 

too bad i have to reinstall it again. 

I wonder when A20 is coming tho, we probably need to update then again 😛

14 minutes ago, kxvb said:

Hi all, ive set up this mod on a new server - fresh install. When i try and connect i am stuck on receiving and loading configs. Does anyone know if im doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance

Step I use for first time/install: 

-Delete 7 days from server completely

-Reinstall Fresh 7 days Vanilla Version, wait till server is up and running

-Download server files from first page of this topic

-Unzip server files and unpack zip file to local directory

-Use FTP to access ur server and connect. 

-Upload "mods" "data "7daystodieserver_data" to your server, through FTP, overwrite existing files

-Adjust settings which u want to use, restart the server (use map PREGEN02 or PREGEN03 is my opinion) 

-Turn EAC OFF !!  (important!) 

-Delete ur 7 days to die from Steam + Local Files on ur harddrive, Reinstall Fresh Vanilla game

-Download 7days to die ModLauncher

-Scroll to Darkness Falls, Install Game Copy, (copy from existing copy) 

-Only Click REFRESH mods Automatically (ONLY THE FIRST TIME!) and Click Update Registry

-Press Play Mod

-Access ur server through IP or name

Don't forget to unclick the REFRESH MODS AUTOMATICALLY the next time u play, in my opinion that might give issues.

1 hour ago, Fren said:

Step I use for first time/install: 

-Delete 7 days from server completely

-Reinstall Fresh 7 days Vanilla Version, wait till server is up and running

-Download server files from first page of this topic

-Unzip server files and unpack zip file to local directory

-Use FTP to access ur server and connect. 

-Upload "mods" "data "7daystodieserver_data" to your server, through FTP, overwrite existing files

-Adjust settings which u want to use, restart the server (use map PREGEN02 or PREGEN03 is my opinion) 

-Turn EAC OFF !!  (important!) 

-Delete ur 7 days to die from Steam + Local Files on ur harddrive, Reinstall Fresh Vanilla game

-Download 7days to die ModLauncher

-Scroll to Darkness Falls, Install Game Copy, (copy from existing copy) 

-Only Click REFRESH mods Automatically (ONLY THE FIRST TIME!) and Click Update Registry

-Press Play Mod

-Access ur server through IP or name

Don't forget to unclick the REFRESH MODS AUTOMATICALLY the next time u play, in my opinion that might give issues.

Thanks so much it works!

hi, google sent me here

not interested in mod itself, but in its FOV part - is it still part of the mod? if so - can it be used separately from everything else?

returning to the game after 2 years brake and was really disappointed by hard locked FOV, 85 still unplayable for me and all options to change it no longer works, looks like here is my last chance

FYI, KingGen has a new update and warns that all 'Old POIs lists are no longer compatible with this version.' :(

I'm afraid you'll have to figure out what he changed and update your DF POI list  😕

/thanks as always for your work

I actually just pushed a list for that in the discord earlier today. Waiting on feedback atm.

If anyone wants to take a risk and try it, here's the link: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/873338138272088164/DFPOIList-CompoPack.txt

SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS.

When your world is made, go to the folder for it and open prefabs.xml.

Replace DFalls_settlement_caitlin with DFalls_settlement_trader.

This will force caitlin to spawn in the correct biome. 

If you don't do this, you won't have a caitlin.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

I need some help with the elevators. i placed a 3x3 ground but when i tried to place the floor i got the message "this is the wrong elevator" removed the ground, placed the floor first and when i tried to place the new ground i got the same message "...wrong elevator"

Edited by kanealpha (see edit history)

On 7/28/2021 at 9:53 AM, KhaineGB said:

It was posted in my discord, though I also put it on my google drive.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_87KDm2TsLkrXJ3tIRxI5huPb_W53yTH/view

I’m call this the arachnophobia mod, cause for a straight week of in game time, it’s just inundated me with wave after wave of spider hordes. 

Now I actually do like the spiders in the DF mod, so that was never the problem, just figured at some point in that week I would have gotten a horde of zombies at least once. 
Im gonna continue on with it to see what happens but was wondering if anyone else had that happen to them with that mod

Edited by Yopo (see edit history)

Hey Khaine

Huge Fan of your mod!

From my last playthrough I wanted to share some balancing ideas me and my friend stumbled across while playing your mod.

Things like the Stun Baton I also veryfied myself looking at your xml files.

Weapon Crafting / Weapon Parts

Currently I think weapon parts are a bit useless. They save up on resources, but that´s all.

I think it would be cool, if there is a game phase, where you rely on finding weapon parts, (regardless having luck finding the Lathe or not)

More Punishing Example: AK 47 crafting Level 1 allows you to assemble the gun in the workbench

AK 47 crafting Level 2 (unlocked on a certain level cap) allows you to craft the parts in the Lathe

Less Punishing Example: All weapon assemble recipes are always unlocked

The Stun Baton is a bit odd considering following topic: For the Action Skill it seems to count as Blunt Weapon but not for the Pummel Pete Skill, or maybe it was the other way around. And also you get the damage bonus from science crafting I think, but none of that is mentioned in the description of the Baton.

Antirad

Like in the description of the item already stated, it would be cool, if it only partly removes radiation and doesn´t make you 100 percent resistant.

My idea for the more complex fix:

Instead of just getting the full radiation effect upon entering the radiated area, you could have radiation buff, which elevates your radiation value.

On certain stages of the radiation buff you get more and more negative effects, such as health loss, the screen effect...

Pills and all Radiation Protection just lowers the rate of which the value goes up. (To a maximum of full protection (or not))

Starving

Just a small issue my friends faced.

You (sometimes?) don´t really get a warning when you starve. Especially since it goes really fast, sometimes they died because they didn´t keep an eye on the hunger bar.

It´s also their fault, but maybe some hurt sounds just before you start taking damage would help.

Water Sources

Just a small thing.

Coconut and all other fruits should also give some water.

Lead to a dramatic death, where normally a coconut would have saved your life.

Parkour Jump boost

Should be removed and added to the Transhuman Perk.

First- everyone wants the Resistance against mines, but nobody wants to jump that high.

Second- it´s unrealistic to jump that high.

6. Rad Remover and Blessed Metal

Very powerful Mods.

They should require more advanced resources.

For the Rad Remover maybe the Radiation Ores / ingots like Plutonium

And for the Blessed Metal maybe silver or demonic essence or something which is harder to obtain, it is the most powerful Mod in the game.

7. Bread

Very complex to craft.

Gives just 5 hunger points, so no point in making it.

Should provide around 15 hunger points.

8. Portals

Maybe a bit easy to break. Maybe it would be more of a challenge if you need a specific explosive like C4 (or C4) to break it, which you need to place directly on the portal (so not from distance with the Rocket Launcher).

9. Clay

It would be more realistic if you also needed to fire the pottery in a camp fire before you can use it.

3 hours ago, Yopo said:

I’m call this the arachnophobia mod, cause for a straight week of in game time, it’s just inundated me with wave after wave of spider hordes. 

Now I actually do like the spiders in the DF mod, so that was never the problem, just figured at some point in that week I would have gotten a horde of zombies at least once. 
Im gonna continue on with it to see what happens but was wondering if anyone else had that happen to them with that mod

There's probably gonna be a new version soonish.

1 hour ago, Squall94 said:

Hey Khaine

Huge Fan of your mod!

From my last playthrough I wanted to share some balancing ideas me and my friend stumbled across while playing your mod.

Things like the Stun Baton I also veryfied myself looking at your xml files.

Weapon Crafting / Weapon Parts

Currently I think weapon parts are a bit useless. They save up on resources, but that´s all.

I think it would be cool, if there is a game phase, where you rely on finding weapon parts, (regardless having luck finding the Lathe or not)

More Punishing Example: AK 47 crafting Level 1 allows you to assemble the gun in the workbench

AK 47 crafting Level 2 (unlocked on a certain level cap) allows you to craft the parts in the Lathe

Less Punishing Example: All weapon assemble recipes are always unlocked

The Stun Baton is a bit odd considering following topic: For the Action Skill it seems to count as Blunt Weapon but not for the Pummel Pete Skill, or maybe it was the other way around. And also you get the damage bonus from science crafting I think, but none of that is mentioned in the description of the Baton.

Antirad

Like in the description of the item already stated, it would be cool, if it only partly removes radiation and doesn´t make you 100 percent resistant.

My idea for the more complex fix:

Instead of just getting the full radiation effect upon entering the radiated area, you could have radiation buff, which elevates your radiation value.

On certain stages of the radiation buff you get more and more negative effects, such as health loss, the screen effect...

Pills and all Radiation Protection just lowers the rate of which the value goes up. (To a maximum of full protection (or not))

Starving

Just a small issue my friends faced.

You (sometimes?) don´t really get a warning when you starve. Especially since it goes really fast, sometimes they died because they didn´t keep an eye on the hunger bar.

It´s also their fault, but maybe some hurt sounds just before you start taking damage would help.

Water Sources

Just a small thing.

Coconut and all other fruits should also give some water.

Lead to a dramatic death, where normally a coconut would have saved your life.

Parkour Jump boost

Should be removed and added to the Transhuman Perk.

First- everyone wants the Resistance against mines, but nobody wants to jump that high.

Second- it´s unrealistic to jump that high.

6. Rad Remover and Blessed Metal

Very powerful Mods.

They should require more advanced resources.

For the Rad Remover maybe the Radiation Ores / ingots like Plutonium

And for the Blessed Metal maybe silver or demonic essence or something which is harder to obtain, it is the most powerful Mod in the game.

7. Bread

Very complex to craft.

Gives just 5 hunger points, so no point in making it.

Should provide around 15 hunger points.

8. Portals

Maybe a bit easy to break. Maybe it would be more of a challenge if you need a specific explosive like C4 (or C4) to break it, which you need to place directly on the portal (so not from distance with the Rocket Launcher).

9. Clay

It would be more realistic if you also needed to fire the pottery in a camp fire before you can use it.

1) You do realise you can ONLY craft weapons from the parts, right? It's supposed to be as close to the A16 system as possible.

2) Yes it does get a bonus from pummel pete...

Stun Baton

<item name="meleeWpnBatonT2StunBaton">
			<property name="Tags" value="melee,grunting,light,perkFlurryOfBlows,weapon,meleeWeapon,attIntellect,perkElectrocutioner,shockbaton,canHaveCosmetic,blunt,1HandBlunt,weaponCrafting,noBlades"/>

Pummel Pete.

<perk name="perkPummelPete" parent="skillBlunt" name_key="perkPummelPeteName" desc_key="perkPummelPeteDesc" base_skill_point_cost="1" min_level="0" max_level="5" icon="ui_game_symbol_stunned">
				<level_requirements level="1"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkASBlunt" operation="GTE" value="1" desc_key="reqBluntWeapons1"/></level_requirements>
				<level_requirements level="2"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkASBlunt" operation="GTE" value="10" desc_key="reqBluntWeapons10"/></level_requirements>
				<level_requirements level="3"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkASBlunt" operation="GTE" value="20" desc_key="reqBluntWeapons20"/></level_requirements>
				<level_requirements level="4"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkASBlunt" operation="GTE" value="40" desc_key="reqBluntWeapons40"/></level_requirements>
				<level_requirements level="5"><requirement name="ProgressionLevel" progression_name="perkASBlunt" operation="GTE" value="60" desc_key="reqBluntWeapons60"/></level_requirements>

<effect_group>
					<requirement name="HoldingItemHasTags" tags="blunt"/>

3) We don't need to make things more complicated, and quite a few players like the anti-rad since it means you don't need to rely on finding hazmat/making hazmat mods.

4) I'm not messing with this. It's literally using the in-game food system, and there's a FOOD BAR on the UI. If your mates can't keep an eye on their food bar, that's their problem.

5) This is how it works in vanilla, so it's not getting tweaked.

6) If I make them tougher to make, people won't be able to actually make them when they're needed. I MAY look at this, but right now i'm not planning to change it (at least for blessed metal). What you're basically saying is "Hey, add thing to this you need to fight demons for, even though you need this to fight demons". You do see how that would be a problem, right?

7) It's not intended for you to eat. You just can if you need to. It's intended to be used in other recipes. It's also NOT locked to any kind of class or recipe which is why the food is low.

8 - That's the point. If they're too hard to break, you just end up with constantly spawning stuff that can't be dealt with (This was playtested extensively and the current version was settled on)

9) Or you can just let it air dry, which is what the more expensive recipe is supposed to represent.