Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

@KhaineGB I have a few more general questions, would you mind helping with?

1. Is there a more appropriate place to ask such questions?

2. I am assuming that the player information displays are handled within the Xui xml?

3. Is there a place where I can find a list of data names that I reference to display certain information?

By that I mean I would like to be able to display say the current total reduction noise, where would I find the variable name would I need to pull from, other than looking through existing Xui (that might not contain such a variable, since I would only be seeking to display new information)?

4. Talking about noise reduction, specifically from items fitted to armor/clothing, are they meant to only mitigate the effect from the armor?

By that I mean, for example, say a fitting has a value of 5, which could be said to reduce noise by 5. Would that only reduce noise from armor with a high noise value, like steel with an example noise value of 6, resulting in a total noise of 1. Or could it be used with, leather armor with an example noise value 4, resulting in a total noise value of -1?

Ta.

5. Any thoughts on why this does not work?

As you can see I am trying to be able to pick up more things. I thought by using only items added by DF, ie DFxxxxx, I would get around any issues of wandering into a POI and just picking up all the stuffs lol.

Spoiler
	<append xpath="//block[@name='DFLockablePillCase']">
		<property name="CanPickup" value="true" />
	</append>

Edited by Apaseall
Question 5 added (see edit history)

Not sure what you're asking with the first 2 to be honest.

3) Most of that is handled in ui_display. Not everything can be displayed on the player UI unless you get crafty with cvars (which is a pain and sometimes a little buggy).
4) Yes, they only really work on armor.

5) CanPickup only works on stuff that you can hold E on and get a radial menu, like workstations.

I've searched this thread and not found a clear answer:  Why does the battery bank not display stored energy?    Is this just a bug you've decided to live with or can't fix?  None of the batteries I've found or crafted have any quality attribute, but AFAICT this is intentional.  It does work though- powers a couple of turrets and electric fences at night.  It's a little disconcerting to not see the power stored though.  I'm playing via Steam, single player, manual mod install.

Greatly enjoying your mod BTW!  :)

@KhaineGB  Loving the mod mate, and the any horde anywhere anytime addition but I've run into a problem that I'm unsure how to fix.   When placing an elevator base (applies to the 3x3, 5x5 lifts styles and the traditional block style) it won't allow any of the "floors" to be places above it. It gives the error "this is the wrong elevator" no matter what pieces are used. I've tried all the combos, turning occlusion on / off. Restarting the game client. Uninstall / re-install.   Could you possibly take a look at the code and see if something broke?  Thanks!

2 hours ago, domnslave said:

@KhaineGB  Loving the mod mate, and the any horde anywhere anytime addition but I've run into a problem that I'm unsure how to fix.   When placing an elevator base (applies to the 3x3, 5x5 lifts styles and the traditional block style) it won't allow any of the "floors" to be places above it. It gives the error "this is the wrong elevator" no matter what pieces are used. I've tried all the combos, turning occlusion on / off. Restarting the game client. Uninstall / re-install.   Could you possibly take a look at the code and see if something broke?  Thanks!

On 8/14/2021 at 4:41 PM, KhaineGB said:

Yeah, apparently I broke something in 19.6 so just assume they don't work.

Honestly, I don't want to mess with it to fix it after the issues I had with 19.6 in general. I will look into fixing it for the next major version.

6 hours ago, morph said:

Can anyone give me a seed name for a map with plenty of towns in the forest biome? I can't get the nitrogen to work properly & I've tried quite a few without any luck. Thanks for any help. 

Use Kinggen instead.

Download and use this list in KingGen. When your world is made, go to the folder for it and open prefabs.xml

Replace DFalls_settlement_caitlin with DFalls_settlement_trader

This will force caitlin to spawn in the correct biome.

If you don't do this, you won't have a caitlin.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/414452645521260546/875852831066824794/DFCPPOIs.txt

2 hours ago, domnslave said:

Something is definitely broken. I'm not planning to properly look into it after all the issues i've had with 19.6

I feel like it's kinda held together with duct tape, spit and hope right now. ;)

@khaineGB

I tried the WanderingHordeFrequency and for some reason i'm not getting a massive horde or the spider horde, i placed the folder in the Mods folder i'm a i doing something wrong? I looked through the forums didn't couldn't find installation guide for it, i looked at your modlet install video and did that exactly but nothing new ,same horde of DF only showing up. I even did a test game in admin and run the days to day 30 lvl'ed up to 43 and so on. Thanks for the help.

7 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

The spider horde was something I added to troll JaWoodle. It is not included.

Otherwise it's working fine for me. They don't start until after day 1.

oh so the spiders aren't included ☹️ but the installation I did is correct then Darkness Falls/Mods/WanderingHordeFrequency?

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

The spider horde was something I added to troll JaWoodle. It is not included.

Otherwise it's working fine for me. They don't start until after day 1.

For this, you are my hero. The first spider horde he faced was one of my favorite josh moments. Second to the horde day that he accidentally collapsed his horde base just a couple hours before the horde.

I updated the horde mod and I must say after two week of spider hordes I was not at all as prepared for the actual zombie horde that came at me after the update... the 1st left me shattered and broken and as I tried to crawl my way home to recoup a 2nd horde came barreling around a corner, I stood no chance of survival 

1 hour ago, Zyamaia said:

Ok it's been a good while since I've played the mod, but other than scrap iron from boulders how do I get say nitrate and the like?  Is it like the old days where you just go to a specific biome and dig down?

Find a rock, hit it. If it has the resource you want, dig down. Snow has nitrate for sure. Forest and snow have lead. Desert has oil.

58 minutes ago, kanealpha said:

whats the correct order to "install" cctv cameras?

i connected the camera and the screen, the screen is grey and the camera ysay "not connected" and i can't adjut the field of view

I've not messed with them myself so not sure.

On 7/31/2021 at 10:23 AM, KhaineGB said:

One or the other. There is a modlet to make the wandering hordes similar to romero though.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/724696325714739220/867006040583176272/Wandering_Horde_Random.zip

Link seems to be broken for me  😕

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object.
</Details>
</Error>

/think I've finally fixed my weird system problems now that were crashing 7D2D and ready to try again

Edited by Lumpus (see edit history)

Friends and I started playing on my server, DF works great and we love it.  Top job Khaine; you are a gem

I have a couple of questions I tried to google first, to no avail:

1) The server loads and runs fine but logging into it can take a bit longer than usual.  My assumption is the 16km map which that's fine if that's why, the machine has 32GB RAM so there's more than enough to run it even if it takes time to load.  I was mostly curious if there was anything to edit somewhere in a config file since it seems to be sitting on "Receiving and Loading Configs..." for a good few minutes before moving onto Initializing World.  I don't see any errors in the console when a player is trying to connect, so I'm not sure if it's just the massive map or if it's delayed for another reason.

2) Most (if not all) of the custom icons are there but I noticed some things that have no image, like in the creative menu a bunch of the DF ores, (46) DFterrOreTitanium etc.  Do they have no icon because they only appear in cm?  Or am I missing an icon pack?

The only other thing I was wondering about is this warning in the console.  As I mentioned, everything's working fine so far, just wanna cover all my bases 

spacer.png

Thank you very much!

2 hours ago, Lumpus said:

Link seems to be broken for me  😕

<Error>
<Code>AccessDenied</Code>
<Message>Access denied.</Message>
<Details>
Anonymous caller does not have storage.objects.get access to the Google Cloud Storage object.
</Details>
</Error>

/think I've finally fixed my weird system problems now that were crashing 7D2D and ready to try again

I'll have to look into an alternative place to host. May toss it on nexus.

54 minutes ago, Dree said:

Friends and I started playing on my server, DF works great and we love it.  Top job Khaine; you are a gem

I have a couple of questions I tried to google first, to no avail:

1) The server loads and runs fine but logging into it can take a bit longer than usual.  My assumption is the 16km map which that's fine if that's why, the machine has 32GB RAM so there's more than enough to run it even if it takes time to load.  I was mostly curious if there was anything to edit somewhere in a config file since it seems to be sitting on "Receiving and Loading Configs..." for a good few minutes before moving onto Initializing World.  I don't see any errors in the console when a player is trying to connect, so I'm not sure if it's just the massive map or if it's delayed for another reason.

2) Most (if not all) of the custom icons are there but I noticed some things that have no image, like in the creative menu a bunch of the DF ores, (46) DFterrOreTitanium etc.  Do they have no icon because they only appear in cm?  Or am I missing an icon pack?

The only other thing I was wondering about is this warning in the console.  As I mentioned, everything's working fine so far, just wanna cover all my bases 

spacer.png

Thank you very much!

1) Nah, it just takes a while.

2) Those are creative mode only items that aren't intended for player use, so I didnt bother making icons cos i'm lazy. ;)

12 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

I'll have to look into an alternative place to host. May toss it on nexus.

1) Nah, it just takes a while.

2) Those are creative mode only items that aren't intended for player use, so I didnt bother making icons cos i'm lazy. ;)

khaine it may be time to develop some for of zombie that can 1 shot titanium because GrandSpartan is mocking us and as you know the people demand blood every horde night from spartan :)

12 hours ago, Zyamaia said:

Ok it's been a good while since I've played the mod, but other than scrap iron from boulders how do I get say nitrate and the like?  Is it like the old days where you just go to a specific biome and dig down?

Don't forget the caves.

The stalagmites contain nitrate too.