Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Yep, I know. It's because they aren't vanilla entities.

1) Find rock. Hit rock. If rock gives oil, get digging. ;)
2) Blessed metal + coil weapon, or laser weapon.

I only can make coil pistols and coil shotguns i hope thats enough , thanks you :)

2 hours ago, Gree381 said:

Please help Steam without my knowledge updated the game and now it does not work

Recomendation , Use the 7d2d Mod Launcher (google it)

Edited by Madcat442 (see edit history)

Anyone been able to get the bdubs vehicle mod working correctly? I can load them but so far (haven't tested all of them), the dirt bike is the only one that works normally. The others you can add fuel and get in but they just roll like they have no power....oh, and they all have -2 billion hp lol

On 3/2/2021 at 4:28 AM, Hinkle1 said:

same as it here I also don't use WhatsApp since I have found about it's new privacy update.

As far as I know and red in some article and forums about this new privacy update of whatsapp on net most of the people are migrated to telegram and signal and I think in the future these two apps are became most popular.

unlocks. i went to make tomato seeds @ the mortar and pestle. looking down the list of available recipes it showed tomato seeds locked by the master farmer (perk?) which i have. in the skills menu it shows it locked by the living off the land perk which i don't have. i feel guilty throwing away those hard to come by red research notes. is there any use for them after buying the future is now?

A lot of the seeds have an incorrect unlock listed. It's living off the land though (fixed locally, may be in 19.5 if the rumours are true).

The research notes can be used to make more books, which still level the Tech crafting perk.

AKA, you dont need to spend points on it if you don't want to. You can just farm notes.

Many thanks for this wonderful mod! Unfortunately, with b19.4 it started crashing any time I press "TAB" button. Clean reinstall onto removed game and save folders, etc. No effect. Here are last lines from the log file: 

2021-04-06T02:10:40 443.045 INF Played Exploration
2021-04-06T02:10:40 443.045 INF Fading in Exploration
2021-04-06T02:10:40 443.046 INF Notified SectionSelector that music played
2021-04-06T02:10:42 445.861 INF Time: 5.14m FPS: 49.68 Heap: 1582.3MB Max: 1605.6MB Chunks: 182 CGO: 105 Ply: 1 Zom: 33 Ent: 40 (52) Items: 4 CO: 1 RSS: 9206.9MB
Obtained 1 stack frames.
#0  0x000000403ae2e9 in (Unknown)

Any ideas? Vanilla works just fine.

18 hours ago, TRNR said:

The elevator mod has a bug where you can't look around after you select a floor and activate it.

I'll have to see if I can reproduce that issue, but it's not my code and I haven't had any issues yet.

14 hours ago, mikhail78 said:

Many thanks for this wonderful mod! Unfortunately, with b19.4 it started crashing any time I press "TAB" button. Clean reinstall onto removed game and save folders, etc. No effect. Here are last lines from the log file: 

2021-04-06T02:10:40 443.045 INF Played Exploration
2021-04-06T02:10:40 443.045 INF Fading in Exploration
2021-04-06T02:10:40 443.046 INF Notified SectionSelector that music played
2021-04-06T02:10:42 445.861 INF Time: 5.14m FPS: 49.68 Heap: 1582.3MB Max: 1605.6MB Chunks: 182 CGO: 105 Ply: 1 Zom: 33 Ent: 40 (52) Items: 4 CO: 1 RSS: 9206.9MB
Obtained 1 stack frames.
#0  0x000000403ae2e9 in (Unknown)

Any ideas? Vanilla works just fine.

No idea. I'd reinstall since the mod is working for other folks.

5 hours ago, ongle said:

Probably silly question but why don’t vitamins protect from canned food poisoning?

Because I don't want it to. It'd be pointless to have food poisoning on them and thus add the cooking recipes if you could just take vitamins to ignore it.

15 hours ago, Canute said:

Vitamin's don't kill bakteria's (salmonellae) or mold which cause from food poisoning.

I get that but in the game vitamins give 100% disease resist and salmonellae is a disease. 

15 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I'll have to see if I can reproduce that issue, but it's not my code and I haven't had any issues yet.

No idea. I'd reinstall since the mod is working for other folks.

Because I don't want it to. It'd be pointless to have food poisoning on them and thus add the cooking recipes if you could just take vitamins to ignore it.

Fair enough :)

Hello. 2 small question for 9.4 version with 7d2d launcher.

1) How I can upgrade double steel blocks? When I try, in right bottom corner I see icon of titanium with red mark, I use nailgun and have forge titanium (tried with raw titanium too) in my backpack, , but still cant upgrade it. I need something else or another tool for it?

2) In vanilla i always changed "TimeStayAfterDeath" for "EntityLootContainer*" classes from 1200 to 3600 (for a long night). But in mod, I changed it in Darkness_Falls\Data\Config\entityclasses.xml and it doesnt work - after a night loot disappears before my eyes like there is no changes and it use old (20 minutes) value.  Should I change something in another xml?

1) You need a titanium clawhammer or a laser multitool.
2) You need to edit the file in Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config. HOWEVER, I do not recommend doing this. Loot bags are entities. Too many entities = FPS hit. You should be running shorter days (90 mins is fine with bloodmoon and the default loot bag settings)

23 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

1) You need a titanium clawhammer or a laser multitool.
2) You need to edit the file in Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Config. HOWEVER, I do not recommend doing this. Loot bags are entities. Too many entities = FPS hit. You should be running shorter days (90 mins is fine with bloodmoon and the default loot bag settings)

Thank you very much, I will try.

Hello there!

I tried to have DF working. It "works", as I can run the game, start a new map and play, but as soon as I do some actions (like opening inventory), my game closes directly to desktop.

I'm on PopOS, fully uninstalled and reinstalled the game, redownloaded DF again, but to no good.

Where can I search for some clues about what is happening?

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Open the Mods folder and delete Redbeardt-ActiveIngredients.

I don't know WHY it crashes, but it does, and ONLY on the Linux version of the game. Works fine in Windows.

Works like a charm! Many thanks!

Mr Khaine, in a previous post you said i could apply the future is now books instead of skill points to pay for the upgrade  levels in the technology crafting skill tree.  ( at least i think that's what you said) 

i just made level 175,  I have 4 future is now books, and 13 skill points.

is it possible to combine books and points, ie. it costs 7 points to go to level 5.  can i combine 4 books and 3 points to buy it? if not i'm not going to wait to get 30 more research notes. could farm them but i'm too impatient, i want the completionist perk and saving 4 points would leave me the points i need, 10, to buy it.

if so how do i spend the books? i would assume reading from the inventory or toolbelt.  and then i would assume read the books first as it will auto-buy if you click on the shopping cart and have enough points ( i found out at tech crafting 4 )

after playing NMS, elite dangerous and serious sam i would love to see this mod in VR. also ready to buy a potato shirt if and when.

wa

Edited by oldguy67 (see edit history)

21 hours ago, darthsawyer said:

Is there any way to stop the wandering traders from walking into my traps? They keep destroying all of my spike traps which is infuriating

Nope. They're just kinda dumb.

10 hours ago, oldguy67 said:

Mr Khaine, in a previous post you said i could apply the future is now books instead of skill points to pay for the upgrade  levels in the technology crafting skill tree.  ( at least i think that's what you said) 

i just made level 175,  I have 4 future is now books, and 13 skill points.

is it possible to combine books and points, ie. it costs 7 points to go to level 5.  can i combine 4 books and 3 points to buy it? if not i'm not going to wait to get 30 more research notes. could farm them but i'm too impatient, i want the completionist perk and saving 4 points would leave me the points i need, 10, to buy it.

if so how do i spend the books? i would assume reading from the inventory or toolbelt.  and then i would assume read the books first as it will auto-buy if you click on the shopping cart and have enough points ( i found out at tech crafting 4 )

after playing NMS, elite dangerous and serious sam i would love to see this mod in VR. also ready to buy a potato shirt if and when.

wa

Sure. The books just give you a level. So you could use 1 book (to unlock it), spend 2 points (for level 2) and then use the last 3 books to get to 5.

Pretty sure they work from inventory or toolbelt.