Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

17 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Is it always a compo pack POI? Because I remember that was an issue.

I have had this happen to but it's always findable.  Some of the POIs do not have the wonky give away panels and the item is behind a real wall or under a sofa etc..

21 hours ago, Sneakypeek said:

On a side note, is it possible to assign suppressed guns to the trader guards?

You can edit the XML to do it. Otherwise no.

14 hours ago, Wraith008 said:

Great Mod! Im currently playing on XLarge1 and i was wondering if there was a way to see the whole map as a picture like .jpg?

9 hours ago, Falaffel said:

You could open  https://kui.github.io/7dtd-map/ and drop all mapfiles, eg from ...Steam\steamapps\common\DarknessFalls - A19.4\Mods\0-DarknessFallsCore\Worlds\DFalls-Large1\ - but you need to use chrome as browser.

^ I'd do that.

8 hours ago, GreenMedici said:

I am currently trying to update my 7 days to die server from DF 19.3 to DF 19.4. Upon finishing rendering configs, However, after 'initilization' I got a Unity box pop up with an ! over the 7Days icon, a red loading bar, then everything quits

Thank you for the mod, and thank you for your assistance in troubleshooting my issue. 

Test it in single player first, but likely a bad client download.

12 hours ago, Khissi said:

I'm playing DF-small1, as well, and have seen this happen.  However, I discovered that, crouching through a 1 block hole in a wall will help you see what you couldn't see before, such as panels placed in the wall that do NOT appear wonky.  So, there's a hole in the wall without the wavy cover that alerts you to the fact that there's a HOLE in the wall with your satchel in it.  Annoying, but not insurmountable.  So far, it's worked every time.  Some of the POI creators for Compo Pack chose to make the wall perfect rather than giving a tell-tale to let you see there might be something hidden there.

Ah yes, I didn’t think of trying that. Thanks.

Hey Khaine! Great mod mate, really good experience so far!

Couple of questions if you don't mind; 

1) Can I remove / disable the health bar on the UI for Z's etc? 

2) Can I remove / disable the shift + number functionality? Extra slots are great, and scroll wheel is fine IMHO, but shift is not a great choice of keys.

Cheers! 

9 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

You can edit the XML to do it. Otherwise no.

Any idea which file that configuration is in? Because my god they are loud (doesn't help I decided to live across the road from a trader)

Also, just finished The Reward quest, got enough Research Notes to make the technology book was thinking to myself "I'm in the end game now" only to see the level requirements for Tech crafting haha 

Edited by Doomofman (see edit history)

13 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Test it in single player first, but likely a bad client download.

Thank you. I reinstalled 7 days and the mod on my side. That allowed me to access the server. However, upon logging into the server (hosted through ChicagoServers if that matters), everything was set back to day 1. 

I backed up all the data from the server before upgrading the mod to 19.4. What files would I have to transfer from the old server files to the new 19.4 DF server to bring everything back to where we previously were before the mod updated?

Again, thank you for the help.

Anyone got the 

ERR XML loader. Loading and parsing " failed Exception: Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster!

Reinstalled twice. Restarted pc. A19.4. Cannot figure this out.

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but the silencer mod on the Coil Sniper floats above the actual gun in my game. I checked the files and it looks like it's missing offset data. I couldn't get it to a position that I liked in front of the gun, so I instead just moved it down and slightly behind (so it covers a few of the front coils instead of sticking off the end) to get it out of the way. Not sure if you are interested in the adjustments I made, but the offset I added was ".01115,-.0475,-.021"

It's not perfect but it's a lot less distracting.

9 hours ago, GreenMedici said:

Thank you. I reinstalled 7 days and the mod on my side. That allowed me to access the server. However, upon logging into the server (hosted through ChicagoServers if that matters), everything was set back to day 1. 

I backed up all the data from the server before upgrading the mod to 19.4. What files would I have to transfer from the old server files to the new 19.4 DF server to bring everything back to where we previously were before the mod updated?

Again, thank you for the help.

That i'm not sure. Never tried fixing a corrupt save.

6 hours ago, happytoast said:

Anyone got the 

ERR XML loader. Loading and parsing " failed Exception: Class 'BlockPlantGrowingWithWater, Harmony-0-DarknessFallsCore' not found on block cropsGrowingMaster!

Reinstalled twice. Restarted pc. A19.4. Cannot figure this out.

Something is installed wrong. You also don't say if this is single player or trying to connect to a server. But it's missing a major DLL file it needs in /Mods/0-DarknessFallsCore/Harmony.

5 hours ago, Whislter said:

In the literal don't have an item or am high enough sense, or there is an action that has been missed... I need a clue or something please

Body bags.

There's your clue. 😛

3 hours ago, Nomad said:

I'm not sure if I'm missing something, but the silencer mod on the Coil Sniper floats above the actual gun in my game. I checked the files and it looks like it's missing offset data. I couldn't get it to a position that I liked in front of the gun, so I instead just moved it down and slightly behind (so it covers a few of the front coils instead of sticking off the end) to get it out of the way. Not sure if you are interested in the adjustments I made, but the offset I added was ".01115,-.0475,-.021"

It's not perfect but it's a lot less distracting.

Already known. I'm remaking all the guns to use TFP's method so the attachments are included in the gun and then just turned on/off depending on if you have it installed or not. (except laser sight)

So it'll be fixed that way.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Love the mod,  my thanks for all the hard work. 

I am having an issue i hope i can get some help or direction on, and that i'm not just completely incompetent with the search function.

Some trader guards aren't shooting. Its really bad with the trader bobs... (traders bob... whatever.), only one or two of his guards ever fire, but on close inspection it seems all the traders have atleast one guard  who doesn't, Jen and Hugh are the best though. If i punch them, they unload into me, but i can lead a zombie directly into their line of fire and nothing. I have seen the duplicate guard captain once or twice as well(only bob, and not always, used the "list entity" command to check a few times.)

Happens on all the maps i've tried, both large DF pregens, one of the mediums and one of the smalls, and over a couple dozen new games now. I get the occasional stutter, but no real lag, and if i alt tab out, my RAM usuage is only at 80 percent, not getting a lot of hard drive access either, so i don't think its RAM (Suggested early in this thread, i do only have 16gigs)

also is there supposed to be a guard in bobs who is on the outter wall but facing inward? even if he was covering the inside, kinda looks like all he'd do is shoot the roof.... almost makes me think its the prefab thats corrupt, but thats oddly specific...

My big worry isn't the guards, i run in an out of the trader as fast as possible, though i do fear a wandering horde spawning in at exactly  the wrong moment, My concern, this is the most visible symptom of a bigger problem that will rear its ugly head later in the game forcing me to start all over. though i haven't seen any other issues as of yet, ( though longest game was only to day 7, the blood moon massacred me)

Single player. tried reinstalling the mod. 19.4 with the 3.4 client. redownloading on a 'whim' isn't an option(i have AT&T, 'nuff said i think, just getting the mod was a real pain., still gonna give the mod launchers sync option a try latter today.)

also was wondering there will ever be ragdoll effects on the custom zombies(haven't searched for this)

again, Great work.

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

That i'm not sure. Never tried fixing a corrupt save.

The save is not corrupted. I had no issue loading into it before upgrading the game to 19.4. When my system was running 19.3, and my server was running 19.3, everything loaded fine. 

After overwriting the files via FTP transfer from 19.3 to 19.4, and fixing my client side issue, the game loaded me into a new game on my server. So there was clearly files from the old server that have been overwritten. Does every update mean that you have to start from scratch with this mod? Or can you explain to me which files from my old server I have to transfer back so that I can have all of my old servers progress back? I'm assuming that when I uploaded the new files, it replaced all of the data from my previous world. I am asking what files I would need from my 19.3 server so I can transfer them to my 19.4 server. Thank you.

Edited by GreenMedici
accidentally quoted two messages (see edit history)

Is it normal i fall into Ground when im walking far South the game just dont let me go there and im respawn in Loop to specific spot i have to dig and fall till i die to go at my base...

Also the test quest from the spicy trader make crash the game im playing on server we have plan to go 19.4 but we are scared about corrupt our save game... Im still learning about this fantastic mod but im not that great when things dont work as we expect and degbug thank in advance excuse my poor english 

3 hours ago, nedlynpopo said:

Love the mod,  my thanks for all the hard work. 

I am having an issue i hope i can get some help or direction on, and that i'm not just completely incompetent with the search function.

Some trader guards aren't shooting. Its really bad with the trader bobs... (traders bob... whatever.), only one or two of his guards ever fire, but on close inspection it seems all the traders have atleast one guard  who doesn't, Jen and Hugh are the best though. If i punch them, they unload into me, but i can lead a zombie directly into their line of fire and nothing. I have seen the duplicate guard captain once or twice as well(only bob, and not always, used the "list entity" command to check a few times.)

Happens on all the maps i've tried, both large DF pregens, one of the mediums and one of the smalls, and over a couple dozen new games now. I get the occasional stutter, but no real lag, and if i alt tab out, my RAM usuage is only at 80 percent, not getting a lot of hard drive access either, so i don't think its RAM (Suggested early in this thread, i do only have 16gigs)

also is there supposed to be a guard in bobs who is on the outter wall but facing inward? even if he was covering the inside, kinda looks like all he'd do is shoot the roof.... almost makes me think its the prefab thats corrupt, but thats oddly specific...

My big worry isn't the guards, i run in an out of the trader as fast as possible, though i do fear a wandering horde spawning in at exactly  the wrong moment, My concern, this is the most visible symptom of a bigger problem that will rear its ugly head later in the game forcing me to start all over. though i haven't seen any other issues as of yet, ( though longest game was only to day 7, the blood moon massacred me)

Single player. tried reinstalling the mod. 19.4 with the 3.4 client. redownloading on a 'whim' isn't an option(i have AT&T, 'nuff said i think, just getting the mod was a real pain., still gonna give the mod launchers sync option a try latter today.)

also was wondering there will ever be ragdoll effects on the custom zombies(haven't searched for this)

again, Great work.

Don't get used to the trader guards. They're likely getting removed because i'm tired of people complaining about them.

Stutter I found is mostly gone (I only get it while looting) with a ton of virtual memory and Dynamic Music OFF.

MOST custom zombies have ragdolls and vehicle collision in my local test build, so yes, but not for a while.

37 minutes ago, Croustian68 said:

Is it normal i fall into Ground when im walking far South the game just dont let me go there and im respawn in Loop to specific spot i have to dig and fall till i die to go at my base...

Also the test quest from the spicy trader make crash the game im playing on server we have plan to go 19.4 but we are scared about corrupt our save game... Im still learning about this fantastic mod but im not that great when things dont work as we expect and degbug thank in advance excuse my poor english 

Sounds like you have a bad chunk.

2 hours ago, GreenMedici said:

The save is not corrupted. I had no issue loading into it before upgrading the game to 19.4. When my system was running 19.3, and my server was running 19.3, everything loaded fine. 

After overwriting the files via FTP transfer from 19.3 to 19.4, and fixing my client side issue, the game loaded me into a new game on my server. So there was clearly files from the old server that have been overwritten. Does every update mean that you have to start from scratch with this mod? Or can you explain to me which files from my old server I have to transfer back so that I can have all of my old servers progress back? I'm assuming that when I uploaded the new files, it replaced all of the data from my previous world. I am asking what files I would need from my 19.3 server so I can transfer them to my 19.4 server. Thank you.

Ah, I misunderstood.

You need to make sure your game name is the same as what you used in 19.3, as that decides where the save is stored and what it's called.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Ah, I misunderstood.

You need to make sure your game name is the same as what you used in 19.3, as that decides where the save is stored and what it's called.

No worries! I misunderstand things all the time haha. I never edited my game name within the XML files though, so all the information in it is 100% the same as it was before the upgrade. I checked all the lines in the mainconfig.xml just to be 100% sure. I will try re uploading my 19.3 server files back to the server just to see if anything changes in mainconfig.xml, but I won't be able to log into the server because I have no way of downgrading my client back to 19.3. 

Edit: Where would I be able to look in my server backup 19.3 files to find the name of my old game? 

Edited by GreenMedici
added more info (see edit history)

Don't get used to the trader guards. They're likely getting removed because i'm tired of people complaining about them.

Stutter I found is mostly gone (I only get it while looting) with a ton of virtual memory and Dynamic Music OFF.

MOST custom zombies have ragdolls and vehicle collision in my local test build, so yes, but not for a while.

My apologies, didn't mean to sound like i was complaining, Sure i don't want the trader to die, otherwise i could care less about the guards and never stay overnight, really i was just worried its a symptom of a much bigger problem on my end that gonna prevent me from enjoying the mod. Thanks for reply.

Just discovered the Military Tablet...  I am in awe.  I cannot begin to understand all the nuance of your modding skill and the skill of other modders.  I can only say, thank you with all my heart.

I really do like the trader guards and I'm one of those who enjoys living with the trader.  I usually take Laborer right away, and the first thing I do is begin their base upgrades. I never fight the Blood Moon horde at a trader base, though.  I do, however, protect it from wandering hordes and screamer insanity. The guards are usually very good at their job as long as you clear their line of sight, though I've also seen some that just don't shoot at zombies, others that just disappear, and a few that glitch through the flooring, but, for the most part, they do their jobs very well which is saying quite a bit when you consider the coding that they must have.  I augment them with turrets by the time I start getting crazy insane wandering hordes, but, before that, I don't have any issues.  Everyone plays differently, though, so I can understand.  I hope they will be protected in some fashion, if only to take them back to vanilla protections.

Speaking of trader protections... Trader Caitlyn is extremely vulnerable, so much so that even doing a quick dash into and out of her base can bring death to everyone there.  Does she still respawn if she's been killed?  I believe I remember that she did in alpha 18, but I'm not sure if things have changed in a19.  She just looks... different.

14 hours ago, GreenMedici said:

No worries! I misunderstand things all the time haha. I never edited my game name within the XML files though, so all the information in it is 100% the same as it was before the upgrade. I checked all the lines in the mainconfig.xml just to be 100% sure. I will try re uploading my 19.3 server files back to the server just to see if anything changes in mainconfig.xml, but I won't be able to log into the server because I have no way of downgrading my client back to 19.3. 

Edit: Where would I be able to look in my server backup 19.3 files to find the name of my old game? 

Honest answer? Don't know. I am not a server guy. ;)

BUT, I do know that the server usually downloads the save to your machine. So if you look in %AppData%\Roaming\7DaysToDie\Saves you'll find a list of world folders. One of those will have your save in it, AND the name. So that should help sort it out.

9 hours ago, nedlynpopo said:

My apologies, didn't mean to sound like i was complaining, Sure i don't want the trader to die, otherwise i could care less about the guards and never stay overnight, really i was just worried its a symptom of a much bigger problem on my end that gonna prevent me from enjoying the mod. Thanks for reply.

It's ok. You didn't come across that way. I've got a plan for the trader that will require the player to actually do some work to set it up and defend them.

BUT, it will also allow you to have more control over the defences.

1 hour ago, Khissi said:

Just discovered the Military Tablet...  I am in awe.  I cannot begin to understand all the nuance of your modding skill and the skill of other modders.  I can only say, thank you with all my heart.

I really do like the trader guards and I'm one of those who enjoys living with the trader.  I usually take Laborer right away, and the first thing I do is begin their base upgrades. I never fight the Blood Moon horde at a trader base, though.  I do, however, protect it from wandering hordes and screamer insanity. The guards are usually very good at their job as long as you clear their line of sight, though I've also seen some that just don't shoot at zombies, others that just disappear, and a few that glitch through the flooring, but, for the most part, they do their jobs very well which is saying quite a bit when you consider the coding that they must have.  I augment them with turrets by the time I start getting crazy insane wandering hordes, but, before that, I don't have any issues.  Everyone plays differently, though, so I can understand.  I hope they will be protected in some fashion, if only to take them back to vanilla protections.

Speaking of trader protections... Trader Caitlyn is extremely vulnerable, so much so that even doing a quick dash into and out of her base can bring death to everyone there.  Does she still respawn if she's been killed?  I believe I remember that she did in alpha 18, but I'm not sure if things have changed in a19.  She just looks... different.

The military tablet isn't mine. I actually don't remember the name of the modder who made it but I think I put notes in the blocks file.

Traders do respawn if killed. The only difference on caitlin is I changed her from Gamma Lighting Space to Linear (which is also what TFP did between A18 and A19).

I've noticed that certain of the rare/unique weapons will actually increase in quality when repaired if you have enough skill for the weapon. 2 questions related to this:

1) What is the calculating factor for what determines if the quality increases. For example, I just repaired my level 42 black sky gun, I have gun crafting 5/5, and also classes/mastery so I can craft pistol weapons at level 71. Repairing the black sky gun took the level to 47, then 52, then 57, but wouldn't improve beyond that.

2) When the black sky gun went from 47 to 52, it didn't gain a 5th mod slot. Is this intended?