Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

3 hours ago, morph said:

Is there anyway to get a specific map on this mod? I'm trying to get the Carumi Valley world seed... Is there like a seed generator anywhere? 

Not really sure what you mean? Map names are generated randomly.

11 minutes ago, roger said:

anybody have the learnable skill list for the traders

Trader Rekt

Armor Crafting
Basic Farming
Working Sink
Working Oven

Goldenrod Tea
Goldenrod Seed
Red Tea
Chrysanthemum Seed
Corn Bread
Blueberry Pie
Apple Pie
Meat Stew
Vegetable Stew
Fish Tacos
Steak and Potato
Beer

Master Farmer

Trader Joel

Gun Crafting
Ammo Crafting

Pistol Recipe

Double Barreled Shotgun Recipe
Hunting Rifle Recipe
P225 Recipe
Shotgun Recipe
Marksman Rifle Recipe
AR-15 Recipe
Magnum Recipe
Winchester Rifle Recipe
AK-47 Recipe

Master Security
Master Survivalist

Trader Hugh

Tool Crafting
Forge Ahead
Workbenches
Scrap Tools
Iron Tools
Steel Tools
Concrete Crafting
Advanced Forge Crafting
Chemistry Station Crafting

Master Hunter
Master Builder

Trader Jen

Science Crafting
Butchering Tools

Aloe Cream Recipe
First Aid Bandage Recipe
Mortar And Pestle Recipe
Plaster Cast Recipe
First Aid Kit Recipe
Recog Recipe
Fortbites Recipe

Master Scientist

Trader Bob

Weapon Crafting
Sledgehammer Crafting
Do It Yourself Crafting

Electric Basics Crafting
Electric Traps Melee Crafting
Electric Traps Ranged Crafting

Motorcycle Crafting (double cost of the mechanic version, cannot take mods)

Master Scavenger
Master Mechanic

Is radiation in the wasteland still supposed to cover my screen with green static despite wearing a full hazmat suit providing 80% protection against radiation? How to properly get rid of it? Do I need 100% protection?  Do I somehow repair the hazmat suit? It's difficult for me to orientate and see what's around me for that matter.

Edited by DominionZA (see edit history)

1 hour ago, DominionZA said:

Is radiation in the wasteland still supposed to cover my screen with green static despite wearing a full hazmat suit providing 80% protection against radiation? How to properly get rid of it? Do I need 100% protection?  Do I somehow repair the hazmat suit? It's difficult for me to orientate and see what's around me for that matter.

You need 100%

Has anyone tried to use this mod in conjunction with the Weapon/Hands FOV changer (linked below)? From what I gather they aren't inherently compatible due to both mods compiling a new mods.dll. I have tried installing Darkness Falls, installing the modlets required for FOV changer, and then recompiling using DMTViewer however upon starting the modded game I run into numerous errors. Is there any way to make both of these mods work together and if so how would one go about doing it?

Makes sense, I will have to tolerate the vanilla fov then. Out of pure curiosity, how difficult would it be to merge that code with your own? I am interested into getting into modding myself and I legitimately don't know how difficult it would be to do but I definitely am curious
As a disclaimer, I am not asking you to do so, you put so much time and love into creating DF and I don't want to come off as some random entitled guy asking for what is an admittedly niche point of order lol

Hi, 
i have to change my darkness fall map from large to medium as my dedicated server host is unable to handle the ram usage. any idea if its possible to transfer 
1. player levels and skill
2. Trader faction level
3. Items
 over to the new medium sized world? 
Bought extra 5gb on pingperfect yet game still lags ;(

That would definitely be awesome if that occurred, hopefully TFP might be able to make your guys' life easier and work to include some of those quality of life options in future versions, though I doubt that would occur anytime soon. That said, it's great to hear that the possibility exists for separate DLLs down the road!

not sure this is in the right place, i am playing the darkness falls mod with some of my friends and we are having trouble finding titanium. if someone could let me know what im doing wrong, that would be great!

we are on map 1

i am checking the irradiated zone in the center south area(looks yellowish, needs 100% rad protection to enter), just hitting rocks with a steel pick, i have only found plutonium and all the other things, lead, metal, etc, but no titanium, am i doing it wrong?

Hello!  I am trying to get this to work...

I've done a fresh install of 7 days.  I copied the game directory to a new location.  I then copied and overwrote the server zip files into the new 7 days folder.  I made a couple edits to the serverconfig.xml and then launch the dedicated server.  Its an endless sea of red txt in the terminal window.  If I then load another directory with the modded game client it just sits at retrieving configs when connecting.  One of the first errors I see is that it cannot load blocks.xml.  I am running 19.3. Is this an ok version to run?  I would upload my startup log but I dont see a button to do that.

10 hours ago, roger said:

Hi, 
i have to change my darkness fall map from large to medium as my dedicated server host is unable to handle the ram usage. any idea if its possible to transfer 
1. player levels and skill
2. Trader faction level
3. Items
 over to the new medium sized world? 
Bought extra 5gb on pingperfect yet game still lags ;(

It is, I just don't know how. I've never messed with trying to do that.

16 minutes ago, Khazka said:

I've done a fresh install of 7 days.  I copied the game directory to a new location.  I then copied and overwrote the server zip files into the new 7 days folder.  I made a couple edits to the serverconfig.xml and then launch the dedicated server.  Its an endless sea of red txt in the terminal window.  If I then load another directory with the modded game client it just sits at retrieving configs when connecting.  One of the first errors I see is that it cannot load blocks.xml.  I am running 19.3. Is this an ok version to run?  I would upload my startup log but I dont see a button to do that.

My guess is something isn't installed right on the server.

ALWAYS make sure you can play the mod in single player first before you start messing with servers. But I'd need the log to help with the server bit.

3 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Search further, dig under any stone, doesn't matter which ore it shows on the surface.

This is my 5th game of DF, I once even found the lab accidently. But I never found eve. Any hints? Is she a trader? a wandering trader? 

She has a POI in the snow biome.

3 hours ago, Khazka said:

This ist how i got the server working: Installed 7D2D with SteamCMD (https://developer.valvesoftware.com/wiki/7_Days_to_Die_Dedicated_Server), then copied the contents of the server zip.

3 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

She has a POI in the snow biome.

In a city or a solitary building? I found something like an guarded army fort (like a trader, but with US flag) in a city, but there was no eve.

Edited by Falaffel (see edit history)

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

My guess is something isn't installed right on the server.

ALWAYS make sure you can play the mod in single player first before you start messing with servers. But I'd need the log to help with the server bit.

Sorry, I was probably unclear in my explanation.  I have separate directories for the game server and game client.  I can launch the game client just fine and can start a single player game without issues.  The errors are when trying to start a dedicated server from it's own directory.  I've been running a non modded 7days Dedicated server for a while also from it's own directory.

Essentially I have the original steam common directory that has the game downloaded. I have copied this directory to a new location and called it "7Days DF SERVER".  I then unzipped the darknessfallsa19server-master into this directory and overwrote files (according to your YT video).  I then made a couple Edits to the serverconfig.xml and launched startdedicated.   AFAIK, i've done this correctly?   I've also uninstalled 7days from Steam and re-installed and then again did the steps above.

Hopefully this link comes through to my log. It's a zip file but is the server startup log in the 7days data directory. I still don't see a way to upload into this forum the log file.

ftp://ftp.grassvalley.com/incoming/Logs/DES/ForRyan/output_log__2021-02-21__21-51-24.zip

I appear to have resolved my own issue.  I've been running a separate directory for the Client and Server.  I loaded the Client into the same directory as the server and then reloaded (overwrote) the server zip back into the directory.  It's up and running so far with no errors.

Hey @KhaineGB for the laborer quests you have to place and upgrade a certain number of wood frames and cobble stone blocks, is not counting block variations other than the standard cobble block and wood frame towards the quest done on purpose (i.e. instance ramp frame, plates, half blocks etc.) if so can it be changed to include these towards the quest idk about most people but i rarely use standard when building and tossing around 150 plus blocks worth of resources early game is tough. P.S. love the mod great work.

Hello KhaineGB,

Is there anyway that Gamestage don't increase like now it do on insane difficulty,I know that it make game harder but also it make it shorter too.
I already done 2 playthroughs and they were only enjoyable till day 45-50,after that there were no point in going for looting and doing quests since i had already everything,lvl 80 guns and all masteries.
I just want to make the game being enjoyable for longer.

Hi Khaine, need some help. I am interested on how brutal this mod is and followed all the instructions on how to make this work. But I can't seem to make mine do, I was successful on starting the game and go through the menu but unable to start the world. I have this unity crash error popping in and the game would exit itself. I was reluctant in using mods but knowing this mod is just hardcore, I can't resist in trying.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FhJw7GuJeoJs6mOUjyk7v1FvzZNWIWPI/view

Edited by MarshallCross (see edit history)

12 hours ago, Zombokalypse said:

Hey @KhaineGB for the laborer quests you have to place and upgrade a certain number of wood frames and cobble stone blocks, is not counting block variations other than the standard cobble block and wood frame towards the quest done on purpose (i.e. instance ramp frame, plates, half blocks etc.) if so can it be changed to include these towards the quest idk about most people but i rarely use standard when building and tossing around 150 plus blocks worth of resources early game is tough. P.S. love the mod great work.

That's because I cant say to the quest "Place and upgrade this block variant" because selecting the shape selects a different block by name.

So yes, it's intended. If by some chance TFP give me an "OR" switch, then maybe i'll look into it. Until then, no that's intended.

10 hours ago, Nauman Marwat said:

Hello KhaineGB,

Is there anyway that Gamestage don't increase like now it do on insane difficulty,I know that it make game harder but also it make it shorter too.
I already done 2 playthroughs and they were only enjoyable till day 45-50,after that there were no point in going for looting and doing quests since i had already everything,lvl 80 guns and all masteries.
I just want to make the game being enjoyable for longer.

Don't play insane? 😛 One lower is about 2x gamestage.

9 hours ago, Petite said:

Is there any new Challenge and Quest we can add to the mod? I saw somewhere there was a demon challenge that reset the lab so you can do it.

If you want? I know the large lab is currently hooked up as a T5 fetch quest.

4 hours ago, MarshallCross said:

Hi Khaine, need some help. I am interested on how brutal this mod is and followed all the instructions on how to make this work. But I can't seem to make mine do, I was successful on starting the game and go through the menu but unable to start the world. I have this unity crash error popping in and the game would exit itself. I was reluctant in using mods but knowing this mod is just hardcore, I can't resist in trying.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FhJw7GuJeoJs6mOUjyk7v1FvzZNWIWPI/view

Increase your virtual memory/windows paging file.