Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

2 hours ago, Falaffel said:

Not really. You can't find nor build vehicles or parts of the vehicles, but you can grab them out of the creative menu. 

Ahhh i see.... as long as it does crash or bugs out the game. Anyway, does anyone experience problems of doing quest and zombie not spawning. Or spawning late?
And have anybody tried
1.Lam's Night vision modlet 
2.PhD Bigger Backpack and Secure Storage Chest (A19-A19.4)
with darkness fall?

I wouldn't use either of those.

1) I already edited nightvision so it doesn't suck.
2) DF already has a bigger backpack and increased storage.

I'm just gonna repeat this...

THIS IS AN OVERHAUL MOD. It is not designed for you to yeet modlets at it. That's what vanilla is for.

You should play DF without any other modlet at first.

Then you see what it got at it own and what you would miss.

You can try to add smaller modlets, but you should try it out at first at a singleplayer game.

But bigger mod prolly won't work, since they base on vanilla files, and DF changed alot of these or use older versions of it, then other mod which would change the same files conflict with the changes.

I'm having trouble with downloading and starting darkness falls.

I have a fresh install of 7 days to die, downloaded link 19.3 client from front page. Copy and pasted folders directly. When I start 7 days to die (not EAC) it loads the fun pimps logo and then black screen with 7 days to die music and that's all. I've attempted 3 times to get this to work, has in the past. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Having difficulty running Darkness mods on Alpha 19.3. Ran it quite awhile ago, alpha 16 I think, without issue.

Atm I can get as far as trying to enter a game, it stays on the initiating world screen for awhile until a pop up appears labelled Unity with a progress bar. Shortly after that it crashes to desktop. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

3 hours ago, jccmuir said:

Howdy Khaine, love your work, fantastic job! I've just begun my 19.3 adventure and didn't get any class papers upon spawning. Is this normal or did i miss something? Cheers in advance 

If i remember right, you start with a useable backpack. That should give you 2 blank books you can use to craft 2 class books.

When these  backpack or the blank books are missing, something isn't right.

Hello. I run a server for 7 days and use this mod. Before hand we had DF worlds we could use now the worlds folder only has the default map and people on my server are reporting they can not sell to traders. Will there be a fix for this at some point?

On 2/6/2021 at 11:11 PM, Picklefart said:

I'm having trouble with downloading and starting darkness falls.

I have a fresh install of 7 days to die, downloaded link 19.3 client from front page. Copy and pasted folders directly. When I start 7 days to die (not EAC) it loads the fun pimps logo and then black screen with 7 days to die music and that's all. I've attempted 3 times to get this to work, has in the past. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Try this instead, https://dev.azure.com/KhaineUK/DarknessFallsA19Client/_git/DarknessFallsA19Client

Gitlab is having issues. Looking at moving over to Azure from A20.

14 hours ago, jccmuir said:

Howdy Khaine, love your work, fantastic job! I've just begun my 19.3 adventure and didn't get any class papers upon spawning. Is this normal or did i miss something? Cheers in advance 

If you're on a server, you get one in the backpack.

13 hours ago, Sandraudiga said:

Having difficulty running Darkness mods on Alpha 19.3. Ran it quite awhile ago, alpha 16 I think, without issue.

Atm I can get as far as trying to enter a game, it stays on the initiating world screen for awhile until a pop up appears labelled Unity with a progress bar. Shortly after that it crashes to desktop. Anyone else have this issue and know how to fix it?

Increase your virtual memory. I had to do it even with a 32GB system or I had the same issue.

12 hours ago, Magnara said:

What i have to do to let this work?

I downloaded and unzipped it

Goes into the /Mods folder.

2 hours ago, Hellfire said:

Hello. I run a server for 7 days and use this mod. Before hand we had DF worlds we could use now the worlds folder only has the default map and people on my server are reporting they can not sell to traders. Will there be a fix for this at some point?

Reboot the server.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Increase your virtual memory. I had to do it even with a 32GB system or I had the same issue.

Sadly no effect. Running 32GB of system ram, and initially tried upping to 64GB of virtual memory, then 128GB and finally 256GB. Same problem at the same point. Might try a full manual reinstall. Thanks though.

7 hours ago, KhaineGB said:
22 hours ago, jccmuir said:

If you're on a server, you get one in the backpack.

I am on single player and i did recieve a backpack but alas, no books or class papers present 😭

Did you open the backpack ? That is on position 2 at your hotbar ? On position 4 are a blank book.

That should give you a backpack you can equip and 1 blank book then you got totaly 2 blank books.

Select recipes for the blank book, that should give you the options to craft the skill books you like.

If you don't have the backpack or the blank book after you started a new player, something is wrong with your installation.

Hi all - I'm experiencing two potential bugs (and one thing I think needs to be tweaked) with a clean-install of Darkness Falls, restarted game from scratch, and NO OTHER MODLETS running:

1) Trader Caitlin for me is INVISIBLE. I can interact with her empty space. A co-op player with me sees her, I do not. 

2) As a mechanic class my questline seems to be broken. I have the wrench and got to the quest point where you have to repair it (needs repair kit). SO I did. And the questline did not advance. Do I need to do something special here?

3) Suggestion: Trader Jenn's compound guards are aiming too high. I assume that they are turrets with a different model, so if this is the case their cone of site is set directly ahead of them. They will shoot at very very distant zombies, but not at anything even at medium range. I watched zombies at medium range jump up ... this got them into the cone of fire and were shot at, but when they stopped the jump or walked closer, guards just would not see them at all. I feel like the cones of fire need to be brought down a smidge.

The mod is incredible. I can't see me playing vanilla again. Really nice job.

JaWoodle is why I started playing it. I'm glad he did.

Edited by AlyssaFaden (see edit history)

Once again, love this mod and why I still play 7DTD - thanks!

Had another weird event - playing 19.3 and DF3.3 using the mod launcher.  Level 62, about ten game days ago moved into a pre-fabbed player base I was thrilled to find (playing medium 1 world) and got set up, set up land claim block.  Had two other land claim blocks I'd left behind in prior bases, but I'd set the game to allow four of them, so well within my limit.  And this one was most recently placed.

Came back into base several days ago, and had 5 high-level military zombies sleeping in my crafting area - I blew in, they all woke up, had several very exciting minutes before I took care of them.  I checked the land claim block and turned on the visible boundaries to confirm the entire base was covered - it was.

Thought this was a one-time event, came home again and found several more rad zombies which of course I woke up again - this time I was careless and encumbered, and died.  Unfortunately I was returning from a raid on a huge building FAR away where I'd put down a bedroll in case I died, so I respawned with no vehicle 4 km away from my base with only my tool belt, no food and water.  That was a fun overnight trek back with several adventures.

This time I destroyed and re-installed the land claim block.  Since then I've been creeping back in each time, but no similar events in the last day or so.  I found a couple sleepers in another room of the base, but honestly I think these were left over from the second time above, and simply hadn't noticed them at that time.  

This has never happened to me before in vanilla, or in several DF play-throughs. Any idea why my land claim block is suddenly not working, after working as it was supposed to for the first week or so?   I'm baffled.  Thanks in advance for any help or guidance. 

Hello, is there demon coming at some point in day 7 at night  ? Because so far this is way too easy. I go with saber and coil rifle at night 7 and we kill them all without the need of a safe base. We just kill them all in the street and use some jump to heal safely when needed. We re around level 110 now. So will I need a safe and strong base at some point ?

6 hours ago, ryan8438 said:

This has never happened to me before in vanilla, or in several DF play-throughs. Any idea why my land claim block is suddenly not working, after working as it was supposed to for the first week or so?   I'm baffled.  Thanks in advance for any help or guidance. 

have you got a bed in the claim?

I have been experiencing the same behavior that is different from previous versions, only the one with a bed seems to work now.  

11 hours ago, ryan8438 said:

Had another weird event - playing 19.3 and DF3.3 using the mod launcher.  Level 62, about ten game days ago moved into a pre-fabbed player base I was thrilled to find (playing medium 1 world) and got set up, set up land claim block.  Had two other land claim blocks I'd left behind in prior bases, but I'd set the game to allow four of them, so well within my limit.  And this one was most recently placed.

Came back into base several days ago, and had 5 high-level military zombies sleeping in my crafting area - I blew in, they all woke up, had several very exciting minutes before I took care of them.  I checked the land claim block and turned on the visible boundaries to confirm the entire base was covered - it was.

Thought this was a one-time event, came home again and found several more rad zombies which of course I woke up again - this time I was careless and encumbered, and died.  Unfortunately I was returning from a raid on a huge building FAR away where I'd put down a bedroll in case I died, so I respawned with no vehicle 4 km away from my base with only my tool belt, no food and water.  That was a fun overnight trek back with several adventures.

This time I destroyed and re-installed the land claim block.  Since then I've been creeping back in each time, but no similar events in the last day or so.  I found a couple sleepers in another room of the base, but honestly I think these were left over from the second time above, and simply hadn't noticed them at that time.  

If i remember right, there is a known vanilla bug where any land claim blocks after the first one do not prevent respawns. They just allow workstation pick up.

You could go back to your other land claim blocks and destroy them, so your only land claim block is in your new base. Then just to be safe, destroy and replace that one. If i am correct, you will no linger get respawns.

belowzeroes said: have you got a bed in the claim?

I have been experiencing the same behavior that is different from previous versions, only the one with a bed seems to work now. 

This may be the issue - I realize that both spawns actually took place after I'd returned from the other giant library building where I'd left the bedroll, so for the first time my active bedroll was out of the base.  I've replaced it, with no respawns since then, so hopefully this episode is over.

katarynna said: If i remember right, there is a known vanilla bug where any land claim blocks after the first one do not prevent respawns. They just allow workstation pick up.

You could go back to your other land claim blocks and destroy them, so your only land claim block is in your new base. Then just to be safe, destroy and replace that one. If i am correct, you will no linger get respawns.

I certainly can't rule this out - I'm headed back to destroy the one other land claim block I have in place.

Guys, thanks much for the knowledge and the help.  I find this board a great resource for learning and understanding this mod and this game. Much fun!

On 2/8/2021 at 5:04 PM, AlyssaFaden said:

Hi all - I'm experiencing two potential bugs (and one thing I think needs to be tweaked) with a clean-install of Darkness Falls, restarted game from scratch, and NO OTHER MODLETS running:

1) Trader Caitlin for me is INVISIBLE. I can interact with her empty space. A co-op player with me sees her, I do not. 

2) As a mechanic class my questline seems to be broken. I have the wrench and got to the quest point where you have to repair it (needs repair kit). SO I did. And the questline did not advance. Do I need to do something special here?

3) Suggestion: Trader Jenn's compound guards are aiming too high. I assume that they are turrets with a different model, so if this is the case their cone of site is set directly ahead of them. They will shoot at very very distant zombies, but not at anything even at medium range. I watched zombies at medium range jump up ... this got them into the cone of fire and were shot at, but when they stopped the jump or walked closer, guards just would not see them at all. I feel like the cones of fire need to be brought down a smidge.

The mod is incredible. I can't see me playing vanilla again. Really nice job.

JaWoodle is why I started playing it. I'm glad he did.

1) Reboot your game/server.
2) No idea what the problem is here. Kickz just did it in his youtube series.
3) Guards are likely getting removed.

On 2/8/2021 at 6:26 PM, ryan8438 said:

I see other folks have said this seems to be a vanilla-related issue, but this is why you don't use POI's as bases. ;) I've been saying that since A16.

22 hours ago, JJJ said:

Hello, is there demon coming at some point in day 7 at night  ? Because so far this is way too easy. I go with saber and coil rifle at night 7 and we kill them all without the need of a safe base. We just kill them all in the street and use some jump to heal safely when needed. We re around level 110 now. So will I need a safe and strong base at some point ?

They're already in. Like gamestage 300+

If it's too easy, turn your difficulty up.

21 hours ago, roger said:

Anyone facing troubles with unable to interact with trader?

Reboot your game/server.

3 hours ago, roger said:

Anyboody knows how to prevent Spawned trader from dissappearing?

You don't. It's a problem with trader protection being off. Just wait.

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

2) No idea what the problem is here. Kickz just did it in his youtube series.

when I was watching the first couple the other day I was struck but what a good job he did explaining DF to beginners.  those two episodes, especially the first one, are a great tutorial.

also, did you change the lathe drop rate?  i saw a few youtubers getting it very early, sometimes week 1 with barely any lucky looter increase.  I got it myself on two restarts within the first couple game weeks.  just curious because that coil gun power spike is huge.