Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

i just ran into a crafting problem w/ the motorcycle. spent ten points on master mechanic so i could build the motorcycle. crafted the chassis and handlebars. got a engine, two wheels and battery. i have the chassis and handlebars in my inventory but the crafting window for the motorcycle doesn't show them, shows the wheels engine and battery only. had a similar problem with quest crafting in WotW where if i closed the crafting window and came back the item would craft but not show as crafted in the quest. tried that method here, kept the window open and crafted another set of handlebars and again they don't show up in the motorcycle crafting menu. tried exiting and continuing but that didn't work either. i iz open to suggestions. have the minibike but i want more loot capacity. 

ok, i'm an idiot. tried the metal workstation and it says crafted at the mechanics workstation. ah so. will make that and see if works.

Edited by oldguy67
solved problem (see edit history)

There's 2 versions of the motorcycle.

One uses WAY more resources and is made in the workbench for folks who aren't a master mechanic. The other uses less resources and is made in the mechanics workstation (it can also take mods. The other one cant)

well that worked out for the best as i made it at the workstation. i want the turbo anyway. hopefully it's the right one seeing i made the chassis and handlebars at the regular workstation. if not i'll build another one. i have plenty of goodies. thank you Sir!

Dear KhaineGB

WE was try 19.1 mod with server, unfortenally the hotbar additional was cannot use, and we need delete every user who had that false.

Should now we try which version for the best experience ? 

We also try 18.4 but when try to go ingame always stuck at reciving and dowload config screen for like 1 hour and cannot move

Thanks 

So, there I was...out in the middle of the desert getting ready to dig up some treasure with my trusty shovel. Suddenly, out of the blue, here comes a Supply Crate - all smoking and blinking like they do - and not an airplane to be seen (or heard). It lands right next to me. Now, I'm on Day 9, mind you, and I've got my Air Drops set to every 7 days in the game settings. So, WTF? I knew they were having issues with the planes and supply crates disappearing but this is new. Anybody else have that particular experience?

15 hours ago, oldguy67 said:

i just ran into a crafting problem w/ the motorcycle. spent ten points on master mechanic so i could build the motorcycle. crafted the chassis and handlebars. got a engine, two wheels and battery. i have the chassis and handlebars in my inventory but the crafting window for the motorcycle doesn't show them, shows the wheels engine and battery only. had a similar problem with quest crafting in WotW where if i closed the crafting window and came back the item would craft but not show as crafted in the quest. tried that method here, kept the window open and crafted another set of handlebars and again they don't show up in the motorcycle crafting menu. tried exiting and continuing but that didn't work either. i iz open to suggestions. have the minibike but i want more loot capacity. 

ok, i'm an idiot. tried the metal workstation and it says crafted at the mechanics workstation. ah so. will make that and see if works.

Exactly the same problem. The steering wheel and frame, made on a metal workbench, are suitable for making a motorcycle at the mechanic's workplace. And to make a motorcycle on a metal workbench, you need parts made at the mechanics ' station. There was no such problem in DF 3.02.

Could this be a problem due to the game's localization?

I installed the Russian client 7D2D.

I tried to gather info about the crop growing system, but still not clear. What is the purpose of the pump and irrigation tubes? They need only for indoor crop growing? If i do an outdoor "greenhouse" what is opened on the top, then i still need to build the irrigation system, or i just need to put water blocks / rain catchers on every few blocks that  hydrates the sorrounding farming plots in a 3-4 block circle?

Edited by kexes (see edit history)

10 hours ago, scubahalo said:

So, there I was...out in the middle of the desert getting ready to dig up some treasure with my trusty shovel. Suddenly, out of the blue, here comes a Supply Crate - all smoking and blinking like they do - and not an airplane to be seen (or heard). It lands right next to me. Now, I'm on Day 9, mind you, and I've got my Air Drops set to every 7 days in the game settings. So, WTF? I knew they were having issues with the planes and supply crates disappearing but this is new. Anybody else have that particular experience?

It's been doing that in vanilla too. It's like the supply crate doesn't "load" unless you're in the chunk where it's supposed to drop.

5 hours ago, Swist75 said:

Exactly the same problem. The steering wheel and frame, made on a metal workbench, are suitable for making a motorcycle at the mechanic's workplace. And to make a motorcycle on a metal workbench, you need parts made at the mechanics ' station. There was no such problem in DF 3.02.

Could this be a problem due to the game's localization?

I installed the Russian client 7D2D.

As mentioned, ONE of them is a higher cost motorcycle that does not need the mechanics workstation and cannot take mods. The other one is mechanic only.

8 minutes ago, kexes said:

I tried to gather info about the crop growing system, but still not clear. What is the purpose of the pump and irrigation tubes? They need only for indoor crop growing? If i do an outdoor "greenhouse" what is opened on the top, then i still need to build the irrigation system, or i just need to put water blocks / rain catchers on every few blocks that  hydrates the sorrounding farming plots in a 3-4 block circle?

You don't need irrigation for outside plants. You CAN use it, but you don't need it. Water blocks/ rain catchers work fine.

Is anyone having problems getting mushrooms to grow?  I have tried several different places, underground, in buildings and they do not grow.  I guess i will try in dirt but that was never needed before.  Did that change and i missed it in the notes?

Good Day Sir KhaineGB

I have a question and not sure if you can help me, But since you are linked in the Mod Launcher .. figured it was worth a shot.

How can I get ahold of the person that is doing .. Romero Mod on the launcher .. I don't see anything in the forums about him or mod.

I have a couple of question in reference to it .. Bloodmoon is supposed to be disabled (it is in the menu, But I just had a 600+ kill on what was not supposed to Be and that was the day 7 horde) .. Thank goodness for the CM. Plus a couple of other things, I have question on.

Thank you .. as Always .. Be Safe and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌 .......... and I will say thank you now for any help.

PS: I finally found it, it's you. 😉

Edited by gpcstargate
found it (see edit history)

Hey Khaine   No this post is not about is not about non working forges or glitching objects or server errors.  I  was  just wondering if the update for 19.2  will require a new map or if we will be able to just update and continue with our current map.

4 hours ago, gpcstargate said:

Good Day Sir KhaineGB

I have a question and not sure if you can help me, But since you are linked in the Mod Launcher .. figured it was worth a shot.

How can I get ahold of the person that is doing .. Romero Mod on the launcher .. I don't see anything in the forums about him or mod.

I have a couple of question in reference to it .. Bloodmoon is supposed to be disabled (it is in the menu, But I just had a 600+ kill on what was not supposed to Be and that was the day 7 horde) .. Thank goodness for the CM. Plus a couple of other things, I have question on.

Thank you .. as Always .. Be Safe and Take Care ... the Old Gamer .. 😌 .......... and I will say thank you now for any help.

Romero mod is mine. ;)

Set bloodmoon to 0, not disabled. I don't know WHY it happens, but you have to do that or you get bloodmoons.

5 minutes ago, calbo2020 said:

Hey Khaine   No this post is not about is not about non working forges or glitching objects or server errors.  I  was  just wondering if the update for 19.2  will require a new map or if we will be able to just update and continue with our current map.

I'm doing my best to make sure that anything I do will NOT require a restart. But I'll be recommending one anyways just because TFP always do when we go between alpha sub-versions. (so 18.0 to 18.1, 18.1 to 18.2, etc)

Hey Kaine,

I was just over on the Romero page checking out your new project (very cool!) and I noticed you increased the dismemberment chance of explosives to compensate for the headshots only thing. I actually play DF with headshots only enabled and would like to increase explosive dismemberment as well. I'm sure I could figure it out, but (because I'm lazy) could you explain how? Thanks!

I just did this via xpath.

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='thrownAmmoPipeBomb']/effect_group">
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".2"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='thrownDynamite']/effect_group">
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".2"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='thrownGrenadeContact']/effect_group">
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".3"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='thrownGrenade']/effect_group">
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".3"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='ammoArrowExploding']/effect_group">
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".4"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='ammoCrossbowBoltExploding']/effect_group">
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".4"/>
	</append>	

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='ammoRocketFrag']/effect_group">
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".5"/>
	</append>

<append xpath="/items/item[@name='ammoRocketHE']/effect_group">
		<passive_effect name="DismemberChance" operation="base_add" value=".5"/>
	</append>	

So you'd need to make an items.xml and drop it into Mods\1-DarknessFalls\Config to apply the extra chance to those items. :) That WONT include the nailbomb and pulse grenade though.

Hey. Not many letters from me:

When disassembling Coilslug, you get 3 fractions and 4 batteries (?), 3 bullets and 1 battery are used for making.
Breaching coilslug - when parsing, you get gunpowder.
Farm plots are not transferred - is this how it should be?
Mushrooms and goldenrod can be harvested with E, the seeds are destroyed.
The mod rechargeable battery can be installed in coil weapons and return batteries, it's interesting, I didn't pay attention before :).
A quality 80 laser rifle has no durability - does not break.
The book of an empty class costs very little - 300 coins, if you remember how many books and recipes you need to disassemble.

Power armor protects against radiation, it would be logical to use hazmat fiber for manufacturing.

Trader caitline has only 300 hp, other traders have 10k hp. a bug in the dialogue with the caitline-breaking character control, possibly appears when the caitline dies.

Caitline, the captain of the guard gives quests, but they do not count anywhere. maybe there is an opportunity to make them universal.
For example, the captain of the guard can give 5 quests, and each quest belongs to a different faction.

When wearing only a part of the hazmat suit, you do not receive damage from radiation, only the "green" effect.
Is it possible to make an accumulation of radiation? And when a certain level is reached, wellness will begin to decline, for example -7 / 1h.
A master scientist can make pills to remove radiation or a cocktail of many drugs.

Should we expect an automatic coilshotgun and an smg-based coil machine?
There are now 4 kinds of temperature mods + perk. should we expect extreme temperatures in certain regions?

Is this a cave system or a world generation bug?

Thank you for your work

A19.1_2020-10-05_15-00-24.jpg

The farm plots I keep changing and somehow just can't get them to actually return as intended. No idea why, but i'm not looking into it because you don't need them. Everyone thinks you do, you don't. Hoe the ground.

Laser rifle is fixed for next version.

Didn't even realise the blank class book could be purchased. That's not intended.

Trader bugs are due to trader protection being off. I can't fix that. And the other traders should also have the same hp as caitlin. I just haven't fixed it.

Guard captains DO NOT increase faction with ANY trader in ANY of the trader encampments. They only increase quest tier. That is intended.

The coilshotgun IS automatic. Try holding the trigger down. 😛

No. Folks just wanted more advanced temp mods for armor, so I added them.

Yes, that's a cave system.