Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

@KhaineGB HI!
Love your mod just now starting to work with it.

I would love to create custom maps using Nitrogen using my presets.

Would it work to rename CompoPack45Hotfix2 xcostum placements in the prefablist.txt with the respective DFP prefabs and are these any different?
Also curious if the generator is working with the Resource Piles lines located at the top of the out of date prefablist for DarknessFalls from NickPhaedra

Is this all you would need to play Darkness Falls on a Custom Map with your POI from the mod or would DarknessFalls be missing a lot more?

Could you help us get all of this stuff working together with Damocles? I want to use Nitrogen to make Custom Map designs with Darkness Falls full integrated.

Im getting this error on MacOS 10.15 Catalina when starting game. Menu just doesn’t appear. Got any ideas how to fix it?

2020-09-05T15:42:48 4.669 INF ApplyTerrainOptions 3
Unable to open archive file: /Users/rembomy/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Contents/../Data/Bundles/Generic/ItemIcons

(Filename: ./Runtime/VirtualFileSystem/ArchiveFileSystem/ArchiveStorageReader.cpp Line: 587)

2020-09-05T15:42:48 4.685 ERR Loading AssetBundle "/Users/rembomy/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Contents/../Data/Bundles/Generic/ItemIcons" failed!
NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at GameManager.InitMultiSourceUiAtlases (UnityEngine.GameObject _parent) [0x001b1] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at GameManager.Awake () [0x0035b] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 

(Filename: <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769> Line: 0)

at NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Awake () [0x0000c] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0

This mod was installed on top of the clean game with the guide provided in the start of this thread.

12 hours ago, LethalProphecy said:

@KhaineGB HI!
Love your mod just now starting to work with it.

I would love to create custom maps using Nitrogen using my presets.

Would it work to rename CompoPack45Hotfix2 xcostum placements in the prefablist.txt with the respective DFP prefabs and are these any different?
Also curious if the generator is working with the Resource Piles lines located at the top of the out of date prefablist for DarknessFalls from NickPhaedra

Is this all you would need to play Darkness Falls on a Custom Map with your POI from the mod or would DarknessFalls be missing a lot more?

Could you help us get all of this stuff working together with Damocles? I want to use Nitrogen to make Custom Map designs with Darkness Falls full integrated.

You would also need to add the DF POI's

Also Nitrogen doesn't obey biome restrictions in my prefab files, so Eve being in the snow biome, one bunker in the wasteland and one in the burnt biome? Won't work. It'll spawn them anywhere. 

That's why I keep telling people not to use it.

16 minutes ago, rembomy said:

Im getting this error on MacOS 10.15 Catalina when starting game. Menu just doesn’t appear. Got any ideas how to fix it?

2020-09-05T15:42:48 4.669 INF ApplyTerrainOptions 3
Unable to open archive file: /Users/rembomy/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Contents/../Data/Bundles/Generic/ItemIcons

(Filename: ./Runtime/VirtualFileSystem/ArchiveFileSystem/ArchiveStorageReader.cpp Line: 587)

2020-09-05T15:42:48 4.685 ERR Loading AssetBundle "/Users/rembomy/Library/Application Support/Steam/steamapps/common/7 Days To Die/7DaysToDie.app/Contents/../Data/Bundles/Generic/ItemIcons" failed!
  at GameManager.InitMultiSourceUiAtlases (UnityEngine.GameObject _parent) [0x001b1] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 
  at GameManager.Awake () [0x0035b] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0 

(Filename: <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769> Line: 0)

at NGuiWdwInGameHUD.Awake () [0x0000c] in <d7c95f421d354b5e851d6f3126817769>:0

This mod was installed on top of the clean game with the guide provided in the start of this thread.

That's odd. I don't really have access to macOS... I mean, I have a hackintosh... that can just about run the game at 5fps... but that's it.

I'll have a look later, but honestly I'd use windows or Linux since I just fixed linux.

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

Also Nitrogen doesn't obey biome restrictions in my prefab files, so Eve being in the snow biome, one bunker in the wasteland and one in the burnt biome? Won't work. It'll spawn them anywhere. 

That's odd. I don't really have access to macOS... I mean, I have a hackintosh... that can just about run the game at 5fps... but that's it.

I'll have a look later, but honestly I'd use windows or Linux since I just fixed linux.

I am playing on Windows most of the time, but it would be great to have an option to play while traveling too. Unfortunately I need to use macOS then. It is not a big deal if you can't fix it tho since I don't think many people play in Macs in general :)

5 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Nitrogen Prefablist.txt supports placements but doesn't support ZONES in any way?😞
//prefab_filename, 7DtD zone (ignored), face north, y-offset, x,y,z, NitroGen zone (; as delimiter)
DFalls_DemonPortal,NOZONE,0,0,15,11,3,alone
For example

Using prefablist generator I pulled names POI's and placements such as DemonPortal and placed it in NOZONE and ALONE
If someone knew the names of each of this list of POI's they could manually place them in the restricted Zones as such? When supported!

DemonPortal should not be placed by nitrogen. It is a deco prefab for the wasteland.

And yes, it supports ZONES. It does not support BIOME RESTRICTIONS.

I'm standing by what I said. Nitrogen IS NOT SUPPORTED nor is it RECOMMENDED for Darkness Falls. Use the built in RWG.

And if my testing goes to plan, it'll be even LESS supported because I'll be adding custom biomes.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Hi again

Im not sure if this is DF or vanilla A19 now, but I really miss that in older game version I had to have schematic before I could repair things. This made it ok to find good weapons early since they could only be used until broken, to repair schematic was needed. Do you have any idea how I can reintroduce this in my DF game, and it it possible to do for a noob like me?

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

35 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Honestly? No idea.

Because I -also- really want to do that!

Oh, and it's vanilla.

Not the answer I hoped for 😛. After posting this I found a small thread about same topic, but only solution suggested was different repair lit for each item/weapon, and that is not very intuitive, and a lot of work. I know it worked like this in earlier versions of the game but I guess it got "streamlined". It was for me an essential feature for making looting fun and still get a feeling of progress.

A top of my head approach could be to make a tier based repair kit system, then only 3-5 different repair kits would be needed. But still not the same.

In Darkness Falls, A19, whenever my wife or I try to repair anything (the axe, for example), the breaking sound occurs and our item disappears. We're running Darkness Falls with no other mods added, so it doesn't appear to be an issue that something else is breaking it. It just isn't working. Is there some way we can fix this, or is this a known issue, or even something that's supposed to happen for some reason?

Please help - we don't want to start putting some serious time into the game just to find out higher-level items can never be repaired without losing them forever.

29 minutes ago, cessp210 said:

In Darkness Falls, A19, whenever my wife or I try to repair anything (the axe, for example), the breaking sound occurs and our item disappears. We're running Darkness Falls with no other mods added, so it doesn't appear to be an issue that something else is breaking it. It just isn't working. Is there some way we can fix this, or is this a known issue, or even something that's supposed to happen for some reason?

Please help - we don't want to start putting some serious time into the game just to find out higher-level items can never be repaired without losing them forever.

In A19 items degrade when repairing, so if you repair low level items they will break and disappear. So lvl 1 and 2 items will break for sure.

1 minute ago, xxx73 said:

In A19 everything degrade when repairing, so if you repair low level items they will break and disappear. So lvl 1 and 2 items will break for sure.

Aha. I was unaware of that. That makes sense. Thank you so much for your quick reply!

16 minutes ago, cessp210 said:

Aha. I was unaware of that. That makes sense. Thank you so much for your quick reply!

Answered back on page 215:

On 8/20/2020 at 8:40 AM, KhaineGB said:

Small tip.

Grab tool crafting 1 and weapon crafting 1 asap. If your tools/weapons are quality 11 or lower (but higher than 6), they won't degrade and break with those skills at 1.

26 minutes ago, cessp210 said:

I know the question has already been answered, but i'm gonna look at returning a quality 1 item rather than breaking.

ALSO, your crafting skill helps. So a perk of 5 in say... weapons... means any weapon of 51 or lower will not degrade on repair (52 would degrade to 47, but then wont degrade further)

1 hour ago, xxx73 said:

Not the answer I hoped for 😛. After posting this I found a small thread about same topic, but only solution suggested was different repair lit for each item/weapon, and that is not very intuitive, and a lot of work. I know it worked like this in earlier versions of the game but I guess it got "streamlined". It was for me an essential feature for making looting fun and still get a feeling of progress.

A top of my head approach could be to make a tier based repair kit system, then only 3-5 different repair kits would be needed. But still not the same.

I think I found the issue.

It's not checking for locked recipes when seeing if the repair button should be enabled or not.

2 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

I think I found the issue.

It's not checking for locked recipes when seeing if the repair button should be enabled or not.

That's sounds great, I guess that's not in xml files so please add, or I have to make a "less ideal" repairing system with many different repair kits ;)

Love the mod, Khaine. Trying to get my friends to like it as well but they don't like to be punished as hard as me I suppose ;)

Wanted to join your discord and I may quite possibly be completely blind but I can't seem to find out how to gain access to the channels (yes, I've read the bit about changing my status to Survivor, but I have no idea how to do that).

23 minutes ago, Phelsior said:

Wanted to join your discord and I may quite possibly be completely blind but I can't seem to find out how to gain access to the channels (yes, I've read the bit about changing my status to Survivor, but I have no idea how to do that).

I just tried this also, think I clicked too fast and now there is no colors to click :D

Damn this discord server have child protection 😛

demons are lighting me up (fireballs) when i travel in the irradiated ares in my stock hazmat suit, so i made all the "radiation ready" mods and installed them in my, as of now, steel armor, and will go back and see how it does.

questions are;

1. seems drinking doesn't stop the fire (as in vanilla ) didn't expect it to as it didn't in DF18 either. is there any thing that does?.

2. is there some way other than taking it off and putting it back on to repair the hazmat gear and radiation ready mods? i notice they degrade after combat. i get hit a lot.

3. i started DF w/ the default map which was navezgane, will i still see the bunkers, labs, and Eve? my other 2 DF play throughs have been on a different map.

only bug i've had so far is the chest i placed inside the POI area of the skyscraper quest ( after activating the quest ) and stashed stuff in as i was clearing the building, disappeared. i've experienced them disappearing if they are on the POI area before activating the quest as the quest resets, but never afterwards until this. i assume it's a TFP thing. being careful now to keep all my good stuff as possible on me or in my vehicle.

i apologize in advance if these topics have already been addressed somewhere.

Just some feedback :

Not a fan of the degrade system. It punish you only at the start, when there is enough things that's already challenging.

Trader guards don't do their jobs. Rather return to vanilla state where traders are protected, than this where their bases simply get destroyed . Cant protect the trader and a base.