Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

4 hours ago, Llamas notsheep said:

I started a new game using a new NitroGen map for A19, with the Compo Pack v45 fix in the OP on this thread.  When I create my new game (and I've tried this with maps using about 5 different "traders" settings from NitroGen), the initial quest of "Journey to Settlement" says "Locate Trader NO TRADER" and has no compass or map point.  It seems like the quest is glitching out in trying to find the nearest trader.

Any ideas?

As per the first post, Nitrogen is NOT supported with DF.

The old list will have the old trader prefab names, which is why you'r getting that error.

4 hours ago, scubahalo said:

You SHOULD remove them. Because as it stands right now they're totally ridiculous. They just stand there and do nothing while zombies rip the Trading Post to pieces. IMHO, they should either be functional like before or gone completely.

They work for me. They just don't work as well as they used to, which is partially because I decreased the amount (for performance reasons) and partially because something got tweaked in the ranged attack AI (not my doing).

3 hours ago, Nomadrocket69 said:

hi KhaineGB i've been playing this mod for a while, here's what i got:
-the animal snare collect having some sort of delay after collecting
-cant place other block after removing raincatcher
-the "buried treasure" tier III quest can be shared but the chest is gone after looted(it's the first tier III quest we did)
-the glasses which increase the loot bonus,and quest item +1 bonus not stack with the scavenger +1 quest item perk(or am i misundestood the glasses)
-fps breaks to 10-15fps after the screamers screaming and start spawning around the trader
-shotgun normal damage seems too low and the price for coilshotgun normal ammo is using polymers each is too much to compare the damage it dealt the slug is good enough. maybe more polymer from cars?
-cant seems to find any wandering trader/archer
-i got red card in 7th horde and not any cards in 14th horde, does the lootbag despawn? as the hazmat and lab zombies spawn earlier?

-machete seems to deal massive amount damage when crouching is it the feature? or intended only when uncaught sneaking attack?

i cant wait to meet succubus

Not sure what you mean with the snare. That seemed ok with me. But I have noticed there's OCCASIONALLY lag with opening things in general. Not all the time though.
Rancatcher bug may have been fixed as of 3.01. It was due to a blockreplace method in the caves script.

Will have to test that but the buried chest is using vanilla code... just different loot list.
Will check those later, but eh... if it doesn't work with 1 specific perk, i'm not too fussed since you still get an XP boost.

Shotguns had their damage intentionally decreased by reducing the amount of pellets because pretty much all the testers were saying "There's no point having any other gun since a shotgun just deletes things in 1 hit"
Wandering trader is there. Archer is not.

Yes, lootbags can despawn.
Yes that's intended on the machete. That's actually vanilla. Knife-type weapons do a LOT of damage on a sneak attack.

The Scavenger class is not balanced, the player receives a bonus to loot, additional rewards from the merchant due to perks.
With all this, he also gets a bicycle, this makes it easier to complete quests and, accordingly, get loot, experience, coins.
The player will be able to buy his own transport.
It is necessary to transfer the bike to the Survivor class.

The Survivor class is completely useless at the start.
I would like a perk to reduce the poisoning of food, canned food- Delicious rubbish.
Jerky open with or instead of a watch (balance of saturation and workmanship will be needed).
The late jerky is simply not needed, the farmer makes the best products.
With newer mods, the temperature perk is simply not needed.
When completing the initial class quests, some of the items in the perks do not open.
(usually 3 points of different perks of the selected class open)

Bonjour, je voudrais savoir si un bug ou normal que quand on meurt la nourriture remonte pas à 100 % Merci

Hello, I would like to know if a bug or normal that when we die the food does not go back to 100% Thank you.

je suis désole je parle peu anglais et si le sujet à etait deja parler

I'm sorry I don't speak much English and if the subject was already spoken

Edited by synople (see edit history)

15 minutes ago, Winkiss said:

The Scavenger class is not balanced, the player receives a bonus to loot, additional rewards from the merchant due to perks.
With all this, he also gets a bicycle, this makes it easier to complete quests and, accordingly, get loot, experience, coins.
The player will be able to buy his own transport.
It is necessary to transfer the bike to the Survivor class.

The Survivor class is completely useless at the start.
I would like a perk to reduce the poisoning of food, canned food- Delicious rubbish.
Jerky open with or instead of a watch (balance of saturation and workmanship will be needed).
The late jerky is simply not needed, the farmer makes the best products.
With newer mods, the temperature perk is simply not needed.
When completing the initial class quests, some of the items in the perks do not open.
(usually 3 points of different perks of the selected class open)

Not getting changed anytime soon, because doing so will break saves (messing with quest rewards results in a character reset).

I might remove the bike though so no-one gets one. Other than that, I don't see the issue. No-one has complained about the class being "too op" for the entire time it existed in A18.

You're not getting a perk to reduce food poisoning from cans. Cook it. There's recipes available to do so (2 cans + 1 bowl = cooked version with no food poisoning for most of them). However, I suspect intrinsic immunity isn't work as well as it probably should, so I will investigate that (will probably make it grant immunity to food poisoning and dysentry at rank 5, and a small bonus to infection immunity)

No idea what you mean with items/perks. They were working fine for me.

2 minutes ago, synople said:

Bonjour, je voudrais savoir si un bug ou normal que quand on meurt la nourriture remonte pas à 100 % Merci

Hello, I would like to know if a bug or normal that when we die the food does not go back to 100% Thank you.

Intended.

That way people don't suicide to refill their food.

Unless I move my base I cant build blocks in some places. It's like theres an invisible block in the way. The game physically wont let me place them. I was really enjoying the game up to now but cant play it like this. Does anyone have a solution other than accepting the bug and moving the base?

This is happening on a new game

Edited by SheepMaiden (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, SheepMaiden said:

Unless I move my base I cant build blocks in some places. It's like theres an invisible block in the way. The game physically wont let me place them. I was really enjoying the game up to now but cant play it like this. Does anyone have a solution other than accepting the bug and moving the base?

This is happening on a new game

And is it DEFINITELY on the update I put out yesterday? (v3.01) Because I'm pretty sure it's related to the cave code, but I had to remove a lot of that due to linux server issues.

2 minutes ago, braniel said:

There any way to increase the maximum HP and Stamina? im lvl 88 and only have 102 (yes i died a lot xD).... i have health nut perk 5/5

Check your journal under wellness. There should be a list of food/drink that will increase wellness, and thus increase your health/stamina.

Just now, KhaineGB said:

And is it DEFINITELY on the update I put out yesterday? (v3.01) Because I'm pretty sure it's related to the cave code, but I had to remove a lot of that due to linux server issues.

Check your journal under wellness. There should be a list of food/drink that will increase wellness, and thus increase your health/stamina.

Hi Khaine, I started this save 2 days ago through the mod launcher... the game didn't update or tell me about an update. Should it of? What do you recommend I do? Thank you

Just now, KhaineGB said:

Thanks, and about the cave thing, yesterday i entered in the caves (never enter before V3.0.1) and only can put block after destroying another, but only tested one or two times

Okay. When you load the game, it should have the version number on the main menu.

If it says v3, it's the old version. In which case, kick the mod launcher up the butt to update. ;)

If it says v3.01, that's the one I put out yesterday morning (my time, about 7am GMT) in which case I need to do more digging into the issue.

9 minutes ago, SheepMaiden said:

Using the debug mode and flying beneath the "invisible" block you can put a dirt block. When you destroy the dirt everything comes back to normal.

1 minute ago, KhaineGB said:

Okay. When you load the game, it should have the version number on the main menu.

If it says v3, it's the old version. In which case, kick the mod launcher up the butt to update. ;)

If it says v3.01, that's the one I put out yesterday morning (my time, about 7am GMT) in which case I need to do more digging into the issue.

yep i have the last version, i use manual update (Gdrive)

Just now, RBN said:

Using the debug mode and flying beneath the "invisible" block you can put a dirt block. When you destroy the dirt everything comes back to normal.

I'll be totally honest, I've never used the debug mode. I always play my games as the developer intended... how do i do this?

3 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Yep, 3.01 Khaine! Best get your scrap iron shovel out :(

3 minutes ago, SheepMaiden said:

I'll be totally honest, I've never used the debug mode. I always play my games as the developer intended... how do i do this?

Yep, 3.01 Khaine! Best get your scrap iron shovel out :(

Press f1 to bring up the console.

Type dm and press enter.

Close console and press esc.

In the right menu select fly and no colission.

Back to game you can fly  with space to get up and c to get down.

Fly beneath the block and put the dirt block.

when you're done uncheck the fly and no collision open the console and type dm again and you will be in normal mode again.

Ok.

3.01. Brand new save (DFalls-Medium1, though that shouldn't matter).

Dug down 10 blocks, out 5 blocks, then made an 11x11 room.

I can put down and pick up frames with no issues. I also destroyed some wood blocks and put frames back where they were with no issues.

So i'll do more testing, but ATM that's a bug I can't reproduce.

20 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

Ok.

3.01. Brand new save (DFalls-Medium1, though that shouldn't matter).

Dug down 10 blocks, out 5 blocks, then made an 11x11 room.

I can put down and pick up frames with no issues. I also destroyed some wood blocks and put frames back where they were with no issues.

So i'll do more testing, but ATM that's a bug I can't reproduce.

How can I show you? 

2 minutes ago, SheepMaiden said:

How can I show you? 

No idea, but this is what i'm working with atm.

spacer.png

So... yeah. For me, it works absolutely fine. Clean 7DTD from steam. Clean 3.01 install. Completely new save. Working as intended, and i've also destroyed AND replaced some of those upgraded blocks with no issues.

So right now, my advice is going to be "try a new save."

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, KhaineGB said:

No idea, but this is what i'm working with atm.

spacer.png

So... yeah. For me, it works absolutely fine. Clean 7DTD from steam. Clean 3.01 install. Completely new save. Working as intended, and i've also destroyed AND replaced some of those upgraded blocks with no issues.

So right now, my advice is going to be "try a new save."

No problem Khaine, i suppose a new save it shall be!

If I run into this problem again... Can you join my game so i can show you?