Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

45 minutes ago, RBN said:

Press f1 to bring up the console.

Type dm and press enter.

Close console and press esc.

In the right menu select fly and no colission.

Back to game you can fly  with space to get up and c to get down.

Fly beneath the block and put the dirt block.

when you're done uncheck the fly and no collision open the console and type dm again and you will be in normal mode again.

Thank you for telling me that! 

I have tried and still doesn't work! Going to contemplate a new start...

2 hours ago, SheepMaiden said:

Thank you for telling me that! 

I have tried and still doesn't work! Going to contemplate a new start...

In my saves was a bit tricky to find the position to place the new block in the "invisible" place but flying around from beneath the map gives good results.

I don't know how to explain it but you have to stay in a position outside your hole floating in the map.

Somethibg like this

Give it another try, you can always start a new game later

Edited by RBN (see edit history)

On 8/27/2020 at 3:20 AM, KhaineGB said:

They work for me. They just don't work as well as they used to, which is partially because I decreased the amount (for performance reasons) and partially because something got tweaked in the ranged attack AI (not my doing).

I play on Insane so it's a lot more obvious probably. I've spent a few hours going through the code and trying various fixes with no luck so far. They seem to only shoot at targets at elevations between 62-63 for some reason which is why it seems so sporadic. I'll play with it some more today.

Edited by scubahalo (see edit history)

F6, spawn one at ground level.

Then spawn a ton of zombies facing them so they'll attack.

They stop ranged attacking somewhere around 3 blocks, which they didnt used to.

That's what I mean when I say the ranged attack AI got changed. :)  Cos the guards would shoot out the catwalks from under them (so zombies were in the next block)

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

Heyo i have a few issues 
first of all noone of the 6 tech boosts seem to work for me i have all the lvl requirements and tech perks but nothing happens if i consume the boosts
Second is a bit weird but when u start going down to the research lab ( df bunker ) there are a few spots where demons from the very bottom portal can shoot trough the walls
you aint gettin hit by the projectile, you just getting the splash fire dmg 
it is weird because i tought demons or the ai overall would just use ranged attacks on sight but inside the bunker it doesnt work at all

i just read the recent posts and you said something about a latest version wich is from tomorrow but when i check the first page the last edit on the download post is from the 21th

Great work overall youre mod is better then the original game lol ! 

First post should be linked to the git, which is updated, but here's the links.

Client (Git): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19client/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19client-master.zip
Server (Git): https://gitlab.com/KhaineGB/darknessfallsa19server/-/archive/master/darknessfallsa19server-master.zip

Client (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s_Rd1HJcC51oDtzlWmlkokgcvmHwI8yC/view?usp=sharing
Server (GDrive): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1jY-DZhFdZNfgbUUkbf5Surj7uX-jjMhD/view?usp=sharing

Nexus (Both): https://www.nexusmods.com/7daystodie/mods/235?tab=files

Tech boosts were fixed in that update.

And the fireballs do a fire buff on AOE impact, just the same way player molotovs do. Therefore they don't care about walls. That's a TFP problem with how positionAOE works.

EDIT: Also the demons are marked as "feral" and it seems like ferals give 0 craps about LOS or anything. :D No idea why.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)

1 hour ago, KhaineGB said:

That's what I mean when I say the ranged attack AI got changed. :)  Cos the guards would shoot out the catwalks from under them (so zombies were in the next block)

You gave me an idea. Thanks!

Thanks i just updated and tech boost seem to work for first but after i consumed the speed up boost twice i went for the other one crafted out of demonic essence too but it doesnt work
also there are 4 out of 6 tech boosts aviable not sure if thats intended 

also the wellness gaining seems to be a bit buggy i only get wellness for the same kind of consumables once
like i drink 5 orange tea's but i only gain 3 wellnessScreenshot_(49).thumb.png.2c9392c6b308d3933c7ff46bb6aa1641.png

Edited by aCe92 (see edit history)

Okay.

So the tech stuff was cut down from 3 perks per "branch" (tech or bio) to 2 and the benefits were rolled into the other perks. I felt that made it much more of a choice.

I'll check the Accelerated Healing one. It should work fine but it might be a derp on my end.

Wellness can only be gained if you do not have the average/good food/drink buff. So basically you drank orange tea, got a buff (probably good drink) and you MUST wait for that to expire before you get the wellness again.

That was to stop people just spamming stuff for cheap wellness.

I like the A16 repair revert, I'm a fan of there being some cost to using items

oh I started a new game and almost immediately found a collapsed POI.  It's a pretty big one.  I'm not sure if it's a POI problem or just general wonkiness but if you want the location to maybe remove it let me know and I'll go search for it.  It was on small2.

Hey Khaine I forgot to mention the other day, the launcher shows v3 of the mod (3.01 in game).  Just in case you want to update the little summary blurb.

Edited by belowzeros (see edit history)

I have got a few questions:

How is the irrigation system supposed to work?

Well lets assume I have an irrigation pump. Below this, should there be water or dirt? Or does the irrigation pump work when water is nearby? Does it need electricity?

And if you have crops, does dirt work? Or do you need those farm plots? Do you need then to place a pipe between those plots/dirt? If so, what range does a pipe have?

Sorry if it sounds stupid, but I tried it out for 8 days and it doesnt seem to work. 

Or do crops need a longer duration to grow?

Just an example how I built it:

2020-08-29.png

hi KhaineGB thank you for your last reply
-it happens when screamer calls horde spawns around 20 zombies and while we fighting those, another screamer calls in and spawn another 20 horde, man it reaching 80 zombies at a time.
-delay happens when "resetting" animal snare using "animal feed" abit slow like "eating" animation about half sec, so i can't immediately open the next snare to loot.
-i lost my equipped duster when equipping the hazmat jacket

-the titanium machete does not written the 400% sneak damage there, i havent tested it but the base damage is already insane :)
-the robot turret sometimes shoot like crazy minigun(or maybe just the animation and sound like), and most of the time causes fps drop(i use barrel extender,full auto and mag extender).

6 hours ago, DaKillaOfHell said:

I have got a few questions:

How is the irrigation system supposed to work?

Well lets assume I have an irrigation pump. Below this, should there be water or dirt? Or does the irrigation pump work when water is nearby? Does it need electricity?

And if you have crops, does dirt work? Or do you need those farm plots? Do you need then to place a pipe between those plots/dirt? If so, what range does a pipe have?

Sorry if it sounds stupid, but I tried it out for 8 days and it doesnt seem to work. 

Or do crops need a longer duration to grow?

Just an example how I built it:

2020-08-29.png

Pump next to water, connect pipes to pump, pipes run next to your farm plot blocks/hoe'd ground as a water replacement. It can take a while for the system to "fill" up, just FYI. Supplies water to at least 2 blocks, but might be 3 (dont remember off the top of my head)

And yes, it does check it's next to water. :) No electricity needed.

5 hours ago, Nomadrocket69 said:

hi KhaineGB thank you for your last reply
-it happens when screamer calls horde spawns around 20 zombies and while we fighting those, another screamer calls in and spawn another 20 horde, man it reaching 80 zombies at a time.
-delay happens when "resetting" animal snare using "animal feed" abit slow like "eating" animation about half sec, so i can't immediately open the next snare to loot.
-i lost my equipped duster when equipping the hazmat jacket

-the titanium machete does not written the 400% sneak damage there, i havent tested it but the base damage is already insane :)
-the robot turret sometimes shoot like crazy minigun(or maybe just the animation and sound like), and most of the time causes fps drop(i use barrel extender,full auto and mag extender).

Not a lot I can do about the screamer thing. Lots of zombies = lots of FPS loss. Anything over 50 zombies is gonna kill your FPS.

Still dont get what you mean on the animal snare. It triggers, you loot it, you reset it with the animal feed and then you have to wait for it to "trigger" again. That's intended to stop people spamming them for meat.
Will look into the hazmat jacket but that shouldn't be happening.

*ahem*

<effect_group name="sneak damage bonus">
		<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="_crouching" operation="Equals" value="1"/>
		<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="_notAlerted" operation="GT" value="0" target="other"/>
			<passive_effect name="DamageBonus" operation="base_add" value="4" />
			<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="4" tags="perkDeepCuts"/>
			<display_value name="dEntityDamageSneak" value="4"/>
	</effect_group>

That's at the bottom of the titanium machete code in items.xml. You can check it for yourself. So... yes... it does have it's sneak damage.
And the turret... okay? If you're having this many FPS issues then you're gonna have to post your PC specs as it sounds like you may need an upgrade tbh.

2 hours ago, liltriz said:

I tried the gitlab link and had the same issue as for the google link it did not work.

They work fine. People in my discord have been downloading from both and the gitlab link is used by the launcher... had no complaints from folk on that either.

If you can't download from either of those sources, you may need to check your internet.

4 hours ago, KhaineGB said:

Pump next to water, connect pipes to pump, pipes run next to your farm plot blocks/hoe'd ground as a water replacement. It can take a while for the system to "fill" up, just FYI. Supplies water to at least 2 blocks, but might be 3 (dont remember off the top of my head)

And yes, it does check it's next to water. :) No electricity needed.

Not a lot I can do about the screamer thing. Lots of zombies = lots of FPS loss. Anything over 50 zombies is gonna kill your FPS.

Still dont get what you mean on the animal snare. It triggers, you loot it, you reset it with the animal feed and then you have to wait for it to "trigger" again. That's intended to stop people spamming them for meat.
Will look into the hazmat jacket but that shouldn't be happening.

*ahem*

<effect_group name="sneak damage bonus">
		<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="_crouching" operation="Equals" value="1"/>
		<requirement name="CVarCompare" cvar="_notAlerted" operation="GT" value="0" target="other"/>
			<passive_effect name="DamageBonus" operation="base_add" value="4" />
			<passive_effect name="EntityDamage" operation="perc_add" value="4" tags="perkDeepCuts"/>
			<display_value name="dEntityDamageSneak" value="4"/>
	</effect_group>

That's at the bottom of the titanium machete code in items.xml. You can check it for yourself. So... yes... it does have it's sneak damage.
And the turret... okay? If you're having this many FPS issues then you're gonna have to post your PC specs as it sounds like you may need an upgrade tbh.

They work fine. People in my discord have been downloading from both and the gitlab link is used by the launcher... had no complaints from folk on that either.

If you can't download from either of those sources, you may need to check your internet.

Yea i figured it out my bad.

On 8/27/2020 at 1:32 PM, KhaineGB said:

So after a couple of days of trying to hunt down the wonky AI issue with the guards I ended up removing them completely and turning the Trader Protection back on.  That AI tweak that TFP did must be buried somewhere deep in the code that I can't get to. I would have left the guards in but when I turned on the Trader Protection I got the same NRE over and over. I couldn't track that one down either and I didn't want to play with the NoExceptionHijack option turned on as it seems to cause performance issues and I like to play with everything maxed out. It's not an ideal fix but at least I don't have to constantly repair sh*t which gets old REAL fast.

2 hours ago, scubahalo said:

So after a couple of days of trying to hunt down the wonky AI issue with the guards I ended up removing them completely and turning the Trader Protection back on.  That AI tweak that TFP did must be buried somewhere deep in the code that I can't get to. I would have left the guards in but when I turned on the Trader Protection I got the same NRE over and over. I couldn't track that one down either and I didn't want to play with the NoExceptionHijack option turned on as it seems to cause performance issues and I like to play with everything maxed out. It's not an ideal fix but at least I don't have to constantly repair sh*t which gets old REAL fast.

I turned it off because survivors/bandits cause NRE's. 😛