Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

So I tried husbandry.

When trying to spawn inside base, no animal is spawned?

But when I went outside on grassy terrain, I can spawn just fine.

Also, their HP keeps decreasing. :o

I've setup food and water storage and placed some animal feed inside.

Am I missing something?

Hello. I am having an issue to where when I try to equip my backpack on a fresh server, I get the error:

"IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array"

This has only happened ehrn I try to equip a backpack. Everything else so far works just fine. Any ideas?

So I tried husbandry.

When trying to spawn inside base, no animal is spawned?

But when I went outside on grassy terrain, I can spawn just fine.

Also, their HP keeps decreasing. :o

I've setup food and water storage and placed some animal feed inside.

Am I missing something?

I need to look into why their HP is plummeting like a stone, because I don't get it. Everything is setup fine.

When you tried to spawn them, you said you're in a base. Is that in the claim block area?

Hello. I am having an issue to where when I try to equip my backpack on a fresh server, I get the error:

"IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array"

This has only happened ehrn I try to equip a backpack. Everything else so far works just fine. Any ideas?

Is this using the latest version? I changed the backpacks to no longer equip (you eat them, don't ask), so that shouldn't be a problem.

Hi people.

I made my first travel to Wasteland trying to find some titanium.

first thing I saw was a kind of Gate of Hell.

Curiosity made me pull over the 4x4.

Not the best decision I made in this game.

A lot of demonic zombies and a demonic behemoth.

the zombies was tough but the behemoth....

I managed to kill the zombies, destroy the gate and looted it but I couldn't kill the behemoth.

The beast ate more bullet than a horde.

I saw the life going down when I emptied my M60 but in a instant he regenerated at 60000? o something crazy like that.

Even the fragmentation rocket could take him down.

At the end, no ammo or titanium, I must run away.

There is a special weapon or mod to managed these beast? Other than the blessed metal that was already in my M60 and rocket launcher. It was not enough :frown-new:

How can I kill him?

I need revenge.

Edited by RBN (see edit history)

Why are shotguns seemingly so useless in late game Darkness Falls? Especially with advanced brass catcher ... AK47 or M60 or M4 etc is just way better.

Combat shotgun is what, 190 damage if every pellet hits? Meanwhile the M4 with all the mods etc can be 150+ damage per shot, yet has much higher ROF with much better range.

Combat shotgun is taking almost an entire clip to kill 1 zombie with 1000hp - this is like 7 rounds for the AK yet still has 50+ rounds left in the clip.

Shotguns just seem insanely unbalanced, I am playing DF on multiplayer server and everyone on the server agrees that shotguns are now useless (each player is like level 50+) in comparison to the 7.62mm automatic weapons (mostly because all your stronger zombies are bullet sponges and the reload and ROF on the shotgun just can't keep up)

Unless I'm missing something, with all the strong zombies your mod adds, why would anyone want to use the shotgun? (especially considering we have the advanced casing catcher now)

In vanilla the shotgun has its perks because it doesn't use brass and speccing into shotguns + modded pump shotgun is almost OP but it's because there isn't a ton of 1000hp demons and stuff running around.

DPS is just too low with the combat shotgun for late game Darkness Falls in my experience. It can't keep up when you have 5 zeds all with 1000hp each on screen.

Let me know if there's something I am missing .. I'm fully specced into shotguns (5/5) and it still feels like a joke. The combat shotgun feels like a peashooter trying to take down the guys with 1000hp due to its low RoF and constant reloading.

Edited by Zentri (see edit history)

Have you tried Coil weapons? I crafted a 71 coil rifle but haven't tested it against anything serious yet.

No, i don't have any of this but...make more damage than a fragment rocket?

The Demonic Behemoth of Hell takes 1600 7.52 bullets and around one stack of fragments rocket plus the shots he can take when the other zombies are in business.

I take more bullets for the wasteland travel than the bullets I take for a horde and he ate all of them in minutes.

when I run away from him i have to return to base because i run out of ammo.

and all of this in the 50 firsts meters of wasteland.

Edited by RBN (see edit history)

Hi people.

I made my first travel to Wasteland trying to find some titanium.

first thing I saw was a kind of Gate of Hell.

Curiosity made me pull over the 4x4.

Not the best decision I made in this game.

A lot of demonic zombies and a demonic behemoth.

the zombies was tough but the behemoth....

I managed to kill the zombies, destroy the gate and looted it but I couldn't kill the behemoth.

The beast ate more bullet than a horde.

I saw the life going down when I emptied my M60 but in a instant he regenerated at 60000? o something crazy like that.

Even the fragmentation rocket could take him down.

At the end, no ammo or titanium, I must run away.

There is a special weapon or mod to managed these beast? Other than the blessed metal that was already in my M60 and rocket launcher. It was not enough :frown-new:

How can I kill him?

I need revenge.

You can kill it with a fully modded M60, because I did... but it was a 70-something quality. Advanced mag extender + blessed metal are REQUIRED.

But you want laser weapons. They disable the regen.

Why are shotguns seemingly so useless in late game Darkness Falls? Especially with advanced brass catcher ... AK47 or M60 or M4 etc is just way better.

Combat shotgun is what, 190 damage if every pellet hits? Meanwhile the M4 with all the mods etc can be 150+ damage per shot, yet has much higher ROF with much better range.

Combat shotgun is taking almost an entire clip to kill 1 zombie with 1000hp - this is like 7 rounds for the AK yet still has 50+ rounds left in the clip.

Shotguns just seem insanely unbalanced, I am playing DF on multiplayer server and everyone on the server agrees that shotguns are now useless (each player is like level 50+) in comparison to the 7.62mm automatic weapons (mostly because all your stronger zombies are bullet sponges and the reload and ROF on the shotgun just can't keep up)

Unless I'm missing something, with all the strong zombies your mod adds, why would anyone want to use the shotgun? (especially considering we have the advanced casing catcher now)

In vanilla the shotgun has its perks because it doesn't use brass and speccing into shotguns + modded pump shotgun is almost OP but it's because there isn't a ton of 1000hp demons and stuff running around.

DPS is just too low with the combat shotgun for late game Darkness Falls in my experience. It can't keep up when you have 5 zeds all with 1000hp each on screen.

Let me know if there's something I am missing .. I'm fully specced into shotguns (5/5) and it still feels like a joke. The combat shotgun feels like a peashooter trying to take down the guys with 1000hp due to its low RoF and constant reloading.

What version are you playing? I ask because I did add some extra benefits to the various weapon action skills.

I'm not sure if I added an ROF to it. Don't forget the combat shotgun is also a fully-auto weapon, so if you're in a zombies face, just hold down fire and melt it.

You can kill it with a fully modded M60, because I did... but it was a 70-something quality. Advanced mag extender + blessed metal are REQUIRED.

But you want laser weapons. They disable the regen.

Was a 71 quality M60+blessed metal but with normal mag extender. That must be the reason why he regenerated again, not enough bullet in a row.

So the trick is laser weapons to kill his regeneration skill. For that I need a laser workbench and this one is in the large bunker.

I hope that no Demonic Behemoth spawn in there. It would be diabolic ;-P

Started playing this mod with some friends a few days ago and I have to say, so far I love it.

I am however mildly stumped right now. I chose the hunter class, and as I have played I spent some points in the hunter perk tree. Two of my hunter perks (From the Shadows, and Huntsman) are 2/5 but the number 2 is in red, when I click on them they have a red check mark on level 3 for them. Mousing over them says "Disabled by status effect" ... but according to my character screen I am not suffering from any status effects. The information is not detailed enough to tell me what status effect so I have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it. Any ideas?

Started playing this mod with some friends a few days ago and I have to say, so far I love it.

I am however mildly stumped right now. I chose the hunter class, and as I have played I spent some points in the hunter perk tree. Two of my hunter perks (From the Shadows, and Huntsman) are 2/5 but the number 2 is in red, when I click on them they have a red check mark on level 3 for them. Mousing over them says "Disabled by status effect" ... but according to my character screen I am not suffering from any status effects. The information is not detailed enough to tell me what status effect so I have no idea what is causing it or how to fix it. Any ideas?

check whether you meet the requirements for that skill to be unlocked in the first place. if for example you had a buff to a skill that allows you to unlock a skill requiring it. if later on you get rid of that buff because it was tied to equipment or a temporary consumable the unlocked perk loses it's power untill you meet the requirements again.

We've got two players on our server who have finished all of the classes and their masteries (and all the perks in each class) as well as have technology crafting maxed but The Completionist isn't unlocking for them to take. Are we missing something?

Pretty sure that's a bug I fixed in the experimental version. :)

So what happened is you spent points, and then your quest line GAVE you free points, which unlocked the perk early.

All the class perks are level-based. IIRC, level 5 unlocks by player level 25, so just continue to level and the red levels will "unlock" and go white. :)

Anyone have an issue with this pack where you can play for 10 minutes to an hour tops then it locks locks up and crashes? Any idea on how to fix it if you have experienced it?

I have 6 players (7 including me) and one of our players is experiencing this lock up but only with this modpack. We've gone through most of the standard settings changes to try to improve FPS and whatnot for him but its just not helping. Any ideas would be great, we all want to keep playing but if he cant get stable we will probably have to switch to something else (I will still play this solo if I have to, love this pack!).

Hi KhaineGB.

I have some chests and workstations in a distant trader and last time I visited him I noticed that the guards and the captain aren't there.

I reload the game and the captain respawn but the guards not.

I know they can die but I only be there 3 or 4 nights in 50 days and no zombie break in.

Is this a bug or intentional to prevent living in the trader?

PD:

Last time I was there I put a land claim to move the workbench and forgot to remove it before. Don't know if may be related or no...

What version are you playing? I ask because I did add some extra benefits to the various weapon action skills.

I'm not 100% sure because it seems like the folders you upload don't appear to have the name of the versions in it, but we are playing on the 18.3 exp version BEFORE the newest one where you fixed the superman punch, changed quests and told everyone they'd have to make new saves. (I think that's the newest one anyway.)

I'm not sure if I added an ROF to it. Don't forget the combat shotgun is also a fully-auto weapon, so if you're in a zombies face, just hold down fire and melt it.

I know it's fully auto and I do hold fire but for it to be accurate and do full damage (all pellets hit ) you basically have to be in the zombies face and that hurts when it's 3 big guys, you're basically guaranteed to take damage with multiple zombies coming at you. With the automatic rifles you can be much further back at a safe range and your clip is 50+ so they have a huge advantage when their damage is similar (like I said I believe a modded M4 is 150+ damage)

I don't want to seem like I'm complaining, really like the mod and the crazy amount of new stuff, especially skills/recipes you've added! Thank you for your time.

Edited by Zentri (see edit history)

Anyone have an issue with this pack where you can play for 10 minutes to an hour tops then it locks locks up and crashes? Any idea on how to fix it if you have experienced it?

I have 6 players (7 including me) and one of our players is experiencing this lock up but only with this modpack. We've gone through most of the standard settings changes to try to improve FPS and whatnot for him but its just not helping. Any ideas would be great, we all want to keep playing but if he cant get stable we will probably have to switch to something else (I will still play this solo if I have to, love this pack!).

That can be lack of RAM, specifically lack of VIRTUAL RAM. 7DTD starts hitting virtual memory when it hits 8GB, regardless of how much you have in your system. So the person crashing may want to make sure they have a sufficiently large pagefile.

Hi KhaineGB.

I have some chests and workstations in a distant trader and last time I visited him I noticed that the guards and the captain aren't there.

I reload the game and the captain respawn but the guards not.

I know they can die but I only be there 3 or 4 nights in 50 days and no zombie break in.

Is this a bug or intentional to prevent living in the trader?

PD:

Last time I was there I put a land claim to move the workbench and forgot to remove it before. Don't know if may be related or no...

Guards don't respawn. It's possible it might be land claim related, but never tested it to confirm since I don't use the trader for more than 2-3 days.

I'm not 100% sure because it seems like the folders you upload don't appear to have the name of the versions in it, but we are playing on the 18.3 exp version BEFORE the newest one where you fixed the superman punch, changed quests and told everyone they'd have to make new saves. (I think that's the newest one anyway.)

I know it's fully auto and I do hold fire but for it to be accurate and do full damage (all pellets hit ) you basically have to be in the zombies face and that hurts when it's 3 big guys, you're basically guaranteed to take damage with multiple zombies coming at you. With the automatic rifles you can be much further back at a safe range and your clip is 50+ so they have a huge advantage when their damage is similar (like I said I believe a modded M4 is 150+ damage)

I don't want to seem like I'm complaining, really like the mod and the crazy amount of new stuff, especially skills/recipes you've added! Thank you for your time.

Don't worry, I didn't take it as a complaint. More like.... valid criticism.

I added an ROF increase to the pistol and shotgun action skills. :)

And on that note, Darkness Falls V2.5 is now STABLE. Here's your patch notes.

- Updated for A18.3b4

- Updated SphereII's GotoPOISDX which fixes Eve's quest 3 on servers.

- Fixed Turret perk not adding to magazine size.

- Can no longer just chug/food drink to spam wellness increases. You must wait for the average/good buff to expire.

- Traders now greet the player when within 3 blocks. This currently has a buff to prevent the greeting being repeated for 10 minutes.

- A couple of traders now have "idle" sounds.

- Fixed "UnlockedBy" for Mega Crush.

- M4A1/M60 guns and parts now have the correct 'UnlockedBy'

- Fusion Forge and Laser Workbench now have the correct 'UnlockedBy'

- Moved the acid recipe from Master Scientist to Yeah, Science 1.

- Updated localization for Yeah, Science 1.

- Added 'UnlockedBy' to Acid.

- Steel bullet casing can now be made in the Big Forge.

- Door lockpicking re-enabled.

- Doors are now randomized on Locked/Unlocked status.

- Tweaked a couple of trader prefabs to prevent issues with doors due to new lockpicking.

- Removed tier's from batteries to see if it fixes issues with battery banks.

- Fixed up some minor UI alignment issues.

- Added a legendary cow (RIP JD).

- Added Desert Eagle.

- Added Master Scavenger perk (which unlocks the Desert Eagle recipe)

- Fixed missing Pure Mineral Water recipe for the oven.

- Fixed Forged Steel occasionally not unlocking for the Advanced Forge.

- Added an attack speed modifier to blunt/bladed weapons skill, so levelling those means you now attack faster.

- Added a reload speed modifier to all gun action skills, so levelling those means you reload faster (55% with max skill + bandolier).

- Lowered the amount of meat on rabbits and chickens.

- Increased Stag/Doe movement speed.

- Adjusted Coilgun damage so it should scale a little better.

- Books/schematics should now be refunded, with a tooltip, if the player is at max skill (some may be missing this code)

- Added Irrigation.

- Re-organised display for some perks.

- Moved Mortar and Pestle off Workbenches 1 perk and into Basic Farming 1.

- Reworked the basic farming perk unlocks a little bit.

- Reading the laborer class book later on during your game will now reset and refund skill points for perks that you would be locked out of.

- Slightly increased XP required to level.

- Reworked gamestage so it's more forgiving on solo players/very small groups.

- Slightly increased gamestage multipliers for Adventurer, Nomad and Warrior difficulties.

- Added cooked versions of most canned food. Uses more cans, but removes food poisoning chance.

- Added 25% XP penalty for harvesting to both augers to stop people power levelling.

- Removed the iron club schematic and the need to learn it in order to make an Iron Reinforced Club.

- Slightly decreased the damage of spears.

- Slightly increased the damage of iron knuckles.

- Slightly increased the attack speed of all knuckle weapons.

- Removed the schematic requirement for the Iron Reinforced club.

- Changed Laborer 6 to "Craft Iron Reinforced Club."

- Porkins shotgun should now display it's stats correctly.

- Combat shotgun and Porkins shotgun should now take the same mods as other shotguns.

- Added Demolitions Expert to the Scientist class.

- Moved Self Medicated from the Scientist class to the Survivalist class.

- Moved Stealth Assassin from the Survivalist class to the Hunter class.

- Removed the 3-level perks that some action skills have. Added their effects to the 5-level perks instead.

- Reduced the cost of making action skill books and generic skill point books.

- Added working hydroponics system.

- Cooked food now has localization.

- Action skill tooltips now have localization.

- Re-done Yeah, Science localization to account for changed recipe unlocks.

- Living off the Land localization edited to reflect new unlocks.

- Sous Chef localization edited to reflect new unlocks.

- Master Farmer localization edited to reflect new unlocks.

- Big Forge description changed to say it's only made in the Workbench.

- Wasteland Treasures benefits should now work correctly.

- Rebalanced food/drink so only Sous Chef 4 or higher food/drink gives 5 wellness.

- Medical items should now work with Physician.

- Antibiotics (both types), painkillers and codeine should now work with self medicated.

- Added slower regen buff for the weak rad zombies.

- Most ammo can now be disassembled for some of it's parts.

- Added a SpawnEntity patch by Myth that should HOPEFULLY stop duplicate traders.

- Removed the rad biome.

- Wasteland is now radiated.

- Uranium and Plutonium moved to the wasteland.

- Wasteland spawns changed (ferals/rads during the day, rads/demons at night).

- Demon portals now spawn in the wasteland.

- Added new RWG by myth that mostly works (may need further tweaks)

- Added a player crafted lockable pill case. (same storage as other blocks)

- Added a player crafted lockable toolbox. (same storage as other blocks)

- Chainsaw, Auger, Aloe Cream and Large Backpack now all have the correct unlockedby.

- Advanced Engineering 4 now states it unlocks the chainsaw and auger.

- Added scrap polymer recipe to the chem station.

- Fixed the mortar and pestle recipe for aloe cream (was supposed to be cheaper and it wasn't)

- Edited Navezgane to be DF compatible.

- Added AP and HP versions of coilrounds.

- Added Entity Penetration to laser guns (requires levelling the future crafting perk).

- Added recipes for uncraftable items/blocks, so they can be searched in the recipe list and inform the player they are loot only items.

- Fixed Aloe cream not being locked.

- Fixed missing empty jar name.

- Paint brush now works like A16, so no more spam-clicks.

- Added an EXCEPTIONALLY rare chance for Trader Caitlin to stock the Fusion Forge and Laser Workbench crating stations (secret stash needed, hopefully only a temp fix).

- Fixed missing Shotgun Tube Extender recipe.

- Re-added the smokestorm effect to the wasteland from previous alphas.

- Fixed the attachments on the Deagle.

- Zombies are now much more resistant to pain and harder to stun-lock.

- Players have a 25% chance of causing knockdown on POWER ATTACK with ANY melee weapon.

- Blunt Specialists have a 25% chance of causing knockdown on a NORMAL attack once they reach Blunt Weapons 60.

- Fixed one of the inside wedge blocks not upgrading properly.

- Tweaked Air Drop loot. Greater variance of items, less likely to get the decent food.

- Added Titanium Knuckles.

- Added Titanium Knuckles unlock to Master Scavenger.

- Added craft tier increase for knuckles to the scavenger class.

- Edited the Power Attack journal entry to inform players of the knockdown chance.

- Fixed unlockedby on the Shotgun Tube Extender mod.

- Added a customized version of Mecanim that removes pain animations.

- Swapped all behemoths, succubus, incubus and night stalkers to the new mecanim.

- Increased sight range of the Succubus so she's more likely to fly over and punch you in the balls.

- Added AutoReload=True to a lot of the guns added by the mod. This forces the gun to reload if the clip is empty and the player attempts to fire.

- Lockpick bundle recipe was locked when it shouldn't have been. It's now not.

- Edited Jax's zombie hand adjustment modlet to include my new zombies, and included it in the server build.

- Slightly adjusted player XP gain for lower than level 100.

- Added a sleeping check to NORMAL zombies that buff other zombies (not the mutated ones). This means the buff should only apply if the nearby zombies are awake.

- Fixed a random NRE with the trader on severs only.

- Fixed some missing localization for animals.

- Fixed the splinted arm buff missing an icon.

- Trader guards no longer cause damage to blocks.

- Removed the fergettin' elixir from creative since people keep breaking their characters. This is why you can't have nice things.

- Fixed some books not properly levelling perks.

- Demon zombies now have a slow regen.

- Demon bosses (Succubus, Incubus, Demonic Behemoth) now regenerate faster... a lot faster.

- Laser weapons can now disable demon regeneration.

- Added a melee and archery weapon mod unlocked by future crafting that stops demon regeneration.

- Made the laser rifle more accurate. Because it's a laser.

- Slightly increased the reload speed of the laser rifle to be similar to other rifles.

- FINALLY FIXED THE COMBAT SHOTGUN FIRE SOUND WHEN IN FULL AUTO MODE AFTER NEARLY 2 YEARS!!!!

- Tuna Sandwich is now Fish Sandwich.

- Fish sandwich can now be made with canned tuna or canned salmon.

- Fish tacos can now be made with canned tuna or canned salmon.

- Mods no longer give extra block damage on the auger due to an XP issue that TFP said they fixed. (they didn't)

- Replaced the medium maps with new ones (created in nitrogen) due to terrain issues. Please be aware these have BIG cities and thus use more RAM.

- Added bundles for sand and clay.

- Radiation buff is now removed on leaving the wasteland if you don't have hazmat/power armor.

- Shorter duration (10 second) buff is now added on leaving the wasteland, so it still hurts but shouldn't kill you.

- Players with the Elemental Coat buff (so lower than level 5) are now immune to wasteland radiation (buff should not take effect).

- Re-added missing flaming arrow/bolt recipes that somehow got deleted.

- Lowered wellness cap to 200.

- Health nut now increases wellness cap by 20 per level.

- Character Stats (trophy icon) now displays current and max wellness.

- Fixed the superman punch.

- Compound bow leveling now properly levels off hunter.

- Slightly tweaked trader quest rewards so you shouldn't always get tools and armor. It still happens a lot, but it's not as bad now.

- Added T3-T5 buried supplies quests.

- Admin books to give classes and levels should now work.

- Added a small Rate of Fire increase to pistol and shotgun action skills, so levelling those means you can level faster.

First page links have been updated. Gitlab has been updated. Launcher SHOULD be updated but might be showing the wrong version number.

Oh, and here's a small, added bonus for you all. ;)

2.51 DEV B1

- Updated 0-SphereIICore (player should no longer be immune to their own explosives)

- Updated the mod to work with A18.4b3 Experimental.

Pushed to the experimental branch. First post updated and should also be on the launcher.

Pushed to the experimental branch. First post updated and should also be on the launcher.

Hello,

sorry for noob question - does it is compatible with first version for 18.3? ( i have things like desert eagle or fixed localization already, so i think yes, but i want to make sure )

Second: What are possible mods for junk turrent? I have them already on 71 lvl, but i dont know exacly what mods go well with them

Is there any xml that shows this mods?

First page links have been updated. Gitlab has been updated. Launcher SHOULD be updated but might be showing the wrong version number.

Oh, and here's a small, added bonus for you all. ;)

2.51 DEV B1

- Updated 0-SphereIICore (player should no longer be immune to their own explosives)

- Updated the mod to work with A18.4b3 Experimental.

thank you so much, really appreciate your work. i bought you a coffee :)

Guards don't respawn. It's possible it might be land claim related, but never tested it to confirm since I don't use the trader for more than 2-3 days.

Is logic, they must be so OP but there is any way to respawn them if they despawn without game reason?

Hello,

sorry for noob question - does it is compatible with first version for 18.3? ( i have things like desert eagle or fixed localization already, so i think yes, but i want to make sure )

Second: What are possible mods for junk turrent? I have them already on 71 lvl, but i dont know exacly what mods go well with them

Is there any xml that shows this mods?

Yes it should be. Stable version is just EXP B3 with like... 2 bug fixes extra. Just minor ones, but they annoyed me.

Actually not sure what mods go in the junk turret. I never tried to use them tbh.

thank you so much, really appreciate your work. i bought you a coffee :)

Much appreciated :) I'm chugging coffee like a maniac right now. 3:20am here...

Is logic, they must be so OP but there is any way to respawn them if they despawn without game reason?

F6 menu, make sure "From static spawner" is checked.

Also, just letting folks know, apparently there's an issue with the experimental version and servers. Going to look into that today.

Edited by KhaineGB (see edit history)