Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

We are having a blast with the mod. Although, we are keeping it at the 18.1 version for now, until we are ready for a full reset. Just a couple of things:

Grease Monkey and Master Mechanic maxed out doesn't unlock the Gyrocopter parts? Although, we have some muscle cars going and HOLY S&%^, those are fun.

We did a RWG not knowing the new labs, bunkers, etc. existed. I added DFalls_Resarch_Lab1 into our prefab list and updated the server. So, it's out there SOMEWHERE. Is that the correct item? I might just add all of the DFalls prefabs in and see where we find them.

Lastly, and in case it's a gameplay feature/surprise, I'm going to go ahead and note that this may be a spoiler to those jumping into the mod.

Night Stalkers aren't targeted by junk turrets? First found out that the guards wouldn't target them and understood. I haven't seen if they are targeted by my actual auto/shotgun turrets, but I'm assuming not.

Is anyone able to help install the mod? Having some trouble. Have tried a few different ways, but this is what happens each time (or some version of it) I try to open a new world. Game loads up fine, no issues, but when I try to open a world...this happens. It also shuts down steam.

1984884027_7DtDDFError.jpg.52d73bb7563e3a51af6db80043d4fec4.jpg

Can i still play this mod with the newest update of 7D ? I tried to install it, but i was unable to generate a world and play. I tought it was an incompatibility or else.

It's working just fine. There are some minor anomalies with some of the custom POIs, but nothing game breaking.

I try to use this with nitrogen and the compopack.

When starting the server i get lots like this:

2019-12-13T19:10:46 37.422 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_Nuket0wn(by_Limodor)" failed: Block "toolCookingPot" used in prefab is unknown.

I assume that conflicts with the darkness falls changes?

So can't use this mod with compopack?

Or can i merge this somehow?

Edit: Ah, i see, there is already a compopack included in darkness falls. Does Nitrogen then use that?

Edited by Liesel Weppen (see edit history)

Hello, a quick note on animal life. Currently at lvl 110 and have not seen any chickens, rabbits , mountain lions or coyotes. Are they in this version? Hard to complete the "By the Farm" quest if not.

Other then that, AWESOME!

They should be in, yes. I'm pretty sure I checked that, but will do so again.

Ok so here is a technical question. Why do i have to run the exe as admin to make this mod work?

Honest answer? No idea. Is it on your C: drive? Cos my laptop has it on my E: drive and I don't need admin, but on my desktop it's on my C: drive and I DO need admin.

some of the skill tree's descriptions are just the name of the skill, (i.e. Pack Mule skill level 1 is named Disorganized, and the description says "Disorganized", is this normal or did I do something wrong during installation?

Fixed in build 5.

Which I just released a few hours ago. ;)

This mod is amazing. Absolutley loving it, its how the game used to be and SHOULD be. Congrats on the excellent work KhaineGB. :thumb:

One minor thing i noticed is when i started the RWG game i had 2 of the class selection books. Is that intented to multi class or a bug?

Glad you're enjoying it. 2 class books for single player is intended. :)

I try to use this with nitrogen and the compopack.

When starting the server i get lots like this:

2019-12-13T19:10:46 37.422 ERR Loading prefab "xcostum_Nuket0wn(by_Limodor)" failed: Block "toolCookingPot" used in prefab is unknown.

I assume that conflicts with the darkness falls changes?

So can't use this mod with compopack?

Or can i merge this somehow?

Edit: Ah, i see, there is already a compopack included in darkness falls. Does Nitrogen then use that?

You'll need a modified prefabs file. I think I have it pinned in my discord, so i'll grab it later.

However, I do want to reiterate... just because Nitrogen DOES now work with custom biomes, it is still not RECOMMENDED since biome restrictions for POI's don't appear to work.

Hi guys,

First this modpack is absolutly amazing and sorry for my english.

I experiment a problem (but not really).

Right now we are 3 players in the same team and the GS is 60. But it's starting to be really hard to build and craft during the day. The spawn rate seem to be really high we received 2 hords of 10 and 20 zombies EVERYDAY with stalker, reaver and other green zombies, etc. Almost harder than the BM

I'm trying to find the specific line in the files or other ways to drop the spawn rate a little bit. I tried to go down from warrior to nomad but the hords during the day is really hard. Maybe it's just me..

Any advices would be appreciated. Thank you!

Selling xp?

Hi

Is it intentional when you sell at the traider that xp is going up not down? If i sell at traider I need more xp to level up.

Example: if I need from level 1 to level 2 10000 xp, when I sell at traider 10 oil or something and check out my xp to level up it goes to 10030 xp?

Hi guys,

First this modpack is absolutly amazing and sorry for my english.

I experiment a problem (but not really).

Right now we are 3 players in the same team and the GS is 60. But it's starting to be really hard to build and craft during the day. The spawn rate seem to be really high we received 2 hords of 10 and 20 zombies EVERYDAY with stalker, reaver and other green zombies, etc. Almost harder than the BM

I'm trying to find the specific line in the files or other ways to drop the spawn rate a little bit. I tried to go down from warrior to nomad but the hords during the day is really hard. Maybe it's just me..

Any advices would be appreciated. Thank you!

It's because you're playing together. It's calculating your gamestage somewhere around 130-140 because there's 3 of you.

Basically just all pile on the wandering horde ASAP.

How do you get the red key? It only gives me blue and green, I have entered the creative mode generating loot container and it only gives blue and green but not red.

Desks/Lockers/Crates in bunkers.

Hi

Is it intentional when you sell at the traider that xp is going up not down? If i sell at traider I need more xp to level up.

Example: if I need from level 1 to level 2 10000 xp, when I sell at traider 10 oil or something and check out my xp to level up it goes to 10030 xp?

That is absolutely NOT intentional. So you found a bug. :) Thanks for telling me!

Anyone get this mod running again on a Mac?

Someone was going to look into it. I'd need to dig out my hackintosh and run the game at like 5fps to test it. Stupid Intel gpu.

You should be able to reduce it for the hand held item, but not for the entity. I've been trying to mess with the entity version (the one you deploy) and it doesn't seem to work properly for mods/effects/etc.
Ok Thanks for clearing it.

Also Advanced wire tool still exist?Can't find it in craft menu.Was just curious about that extended wire connection.