Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

getting same exact message

The mod just keeps showing a black screen when done loading. Mod launcher gives me this error Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Mods ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data\Config ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data\Prefabs ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\7DaysToDie_Data ...

Copying is done.

Checking for DMT...

Scanning for Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\10 Slot Toolbelt\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\DarknessFalls\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\SphereII Legacy Distant Terrain\Harmony

Scanning for Scripts

Scanning for PatchScripts

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

Starting SDX Launcher: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods

0|Parsing arguments

0|Auto Build

process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods

Parsing arguments

Running BackupFiles

This Assembly-CSharp.dll file has already been patched by SDX so can not be used as a backup. Reset your game files and try again.

Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

SDX Successfully compiled.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

The mod just keeps showing a black screen when done loading. Mod launcher gives me this error Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Mods ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data\Config ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\Data\Prefabs ...

Copying is done.

Copying folder \TempMods\KhaineGB\dfexperimentalclient.git\7DaysToDie_Data ...

Copying is done.

Checking for DMT...

Scanning for Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\0-SphereIICore\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\10 Slot Toolbelt\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\DarknessFalls\Harmony

C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\Mods\SphereII Legacy Distant Terrain\Harmony

Scanning for Scripts

Scanning for PatchScripts

DMT Scripts Detected.

Downloading DMT...

SDX Downloaded. Checking SDX Dependencies.

Starting SDX Launcher: C:\7D2D\Alpha18\Darkness_Falls\DF_Experimental\SDXRepos\DMTViewer.exe /Silent /ScriptOnly /GameFolder ../ /ModFolder ../Mods /EnableAllMods

0|Parsing arguments

0|Auto Build

process started /InitialPatch /GameFolder "../" /ModFolder "../Mods" /ScriptOnly /EnableAllMods

Parsing arguments

Running BackupFiles

This Assembly-CSharp.dll file has already been patched by SDX so can not be used as a backup. Reset your game files and try again.

Build failed

process exited with error code -1

SDX Exit Code: 0

SDX Successfully compiled.

Launching \7DaysToDie.exe -logfile 7DaysToDie_Data\output_log.txt -configfile=\SaveConfig.xml

Game Started

I'll push a fix to get around this. However, the issue is that you have EAC still on. If you turn off EAC, then try, it should work.

^ what sphereii said for the black screen. :)

Some users in the discord have discovered that, even if you select EAC off in the MOD launcher, it still launches with EAC ON because that's set as the default in the 7DTD launcher.

Run 7dtd from steam (the vanilla one), select show launcher, turn off "use easy anti-cheat."

^ what sphereii said for the black screen. :)

Some users in the discord have discovered that, even if you select EAC off in the MOD launcher, it still launches with EAC ON because that's set as the default in the 7DTD launcher.

Run 7dtd from steam (the vanilla one), select show launcher, turn off "use easy anti-cheat."

Fixing that bug too :) Seems like it was only turning off EAC on successful compile, rather than something more intelligent.

I'll post feedback here if it's alright.

I let the mod launcher do his thing through the night, and this morning I created a new game for my first run in DF. So far so good. I love the LBD system, and how you integrated it with the new ....and you were not kidding about it getting hairy at night. Thought I would continue to sneak around a bit after dark, but like a tortoise quickly duck back in to the hole I dug.

So far the only thing that might cause a issue, is the trader guards. Their awareness might need to be changed to a 360 angle. The trader I had to visit for my first quest, was being recked from the inside. Don't know how the Zombie got in there, but with all the guards facing away, he was just breaking down the place and no one paid him any notice, until I engaged the zombie. Then all hell suddenly broke lose and the zombie got perforated.

EDIT : Had a kek laugh at myself now. Made it through zombies, survivors, wolves, budgis and bees. Spent the first night out in the wild, and finally found a place where I'm happy to start building..., then get trampled by a freaking cow.... lol

Edited by Marinxar (see edit history)

A little later than I intended due to some bugs that needed to be fixed, but Darkness Falls V2.4-EXPERIMENTAL-B1 is now on git for you all to enjoy. :) Notes as follows.

- Civilian changed to Scavenger

- Arrows do not stick.

- Spears cannot be thrown, but have a power attack.

- Changed survivalist to grant all 3 ranks of the Leather Armor perk.

- Added resource boulders to all biomes. (repalces the nodes you find on the surface in A18)

- Cooked food shouldn't have food poisoning anymore.

- Boiled water shouldn't give you dysentry.

- Canned food now has a food poisoning chance.

- Removed random stats from loot.

- Changed guns back to using actual gun parts instead of TFP's system.

- Added a new receiver item for the M60.

- Reverted MOST loot back to how it was in DF A17

- Changed mod recipes back to using generic schematics.

- Made sure new mods unlock with science crafting

- Removed mod recipes and recipe unlocks that no longer exist.

- Changed DF Small 1 so you dont spawn on the cliff.

- Reinstated "wellness" from Alpha 16.

- Fixed near death to give -25% XP gained (instead of debt) and -10 health/stamina (wellness) per death.

- Slightly lowered Archery XP requirements for levelling.

- Slightly increased Automatics XP requirements for levelling.

- Rebalanced guns a little.

- Changed the junk turret magazine count.

-

Is it possible to have the spears be thrown in the future builds of the mod?

Armor has 2 recipes. One is made in the backpack (and costs more resources). One is made in the tailoring workstation (and uses less resources).

Make the one that uses more resources.

Cant make. Survivalist questline dont open Leather armor recipies, they are still locked thats the problem

What is the name of the new Forge-Tool on the right side? cant find it

Some Bugs:

empty jars from the forge are different to empty jars you loot. different stacks

if you make sterile bandages with jars of sap and you stop producing you get back bowls of sap instead of jars

if you throw away a torch the model is magenta which laying on the floor (I guess Mac only)

missing help txt for Hammer & Forge it's not clear what they are for

I'll have a look at the bandages, but this is what i've fixed so far over the past couple of days...

- Fixed the forge/big forge glass jar recipe.

- Fixed compound bow not unlocking with the bow perk.

- Augers and chainsaws should now be scrappable

- Tweaked Blessed Metal drop rate.

- Changed the quality template used by quest rewards so players should get higher quality items.

- Resource boulders now have a high chance of sitting directly over an ore vein.

- Fixed quests causing NRE's when used from the toolbelt.

- Added Empty Shopping Cart to the disassemble list for both shopping carts.

- Vehicle Mod: Armor now has an icon.

- Taza's Spear now has the correct icon.

- Titanium Crossbow now has localization.

Currently working on localization for class perks. THe problem is the localization DOES exist, but because it's duplicated, the game only loads the first lot, so it doesn't show up.

As for the chemistry station... the issue there is actually a vanilla one. So if you read the schematic, it DOES unlock the recipe. But it won't TELL you that if you aren't in the correct workstation to make it (pretty sure it's the metal one for the chem station) and you don't have the perk. It'll insist you need the perk.

When you use the correct station, it'll show unlocked.

Oooh, okay. It's that nonsense. It means you're missing pre-reqs to unlock the perk and you unlocked it early.

And I can't change that "Disabled by status effect" text to show the reqs. Unfortunately.

But you need Weapon Crafting 2, Science Crafting 2 and Tool Crafting 3.

AH now I remember, I was missing toolcrafting 3. In 17 you had this information somewhere int the helptxt - some month ago that I played DF

I may go through the localization and add requirements directly to the perk descriptions tbh. :) A lot of work, but worth it.

does knuckles count as blunt or blade weapons ?

Blunt. :)

There is one major bug in my eyes. Because of this one-block-crouching you see through the world while mining. If you go forward while you mine with an auger you always have to stop moving, because you looking through the blocks in the world. Don't know how to describe it - its like falling through the world without falling :)