Darkness Falls: They mostly come out at night...

KhaineGB

The 1.7 does sound awesome :D I'll definitely be giving this a go once it's ready, I'll start a season 3 on stream the week after next (if it's out by then) so I can show all the new plants and things :D

I really want to add some SDX stuff for FennecMod but only if I had the time... Maybe the A17 version ;) Looking great though :D

So I've been playing A LOT of DF 1.6.1 and here is some feedback.

First off this is my fav mod and I played a lot of them.

Behemoth:

Runs faster than me and kills me with one hit at level 95. How am I supposed to fight this thing.

Pistol Bandits:

Spawn behind me and kill me before I can react to the machinegun rate of fire. Not really fun or cool.

Edited by Erik Louden (see edit history)

Will double check the behemoth, but pretty sure I already lowered her speed AND range. Right now I believe she's slower than normal feral zombies.

Pistol bandits are pretty rare, but I'm looking at changing those so they ONLY spawn in the wasteland... and maybe throw in some bandits with crossbows instead.

Hello! I was wondering if a 'clock' is available? Maybe a SunDial even? lol

Yes and no.

The time is on any trader window (vending machine, trader, guard captain). The radio, which is unique to the survivalist, also shows the time.

An actual clock item? Can't do it with XML.

With SDX? I think I can, and I'm looking into it as a possible findable or craftable item. :)

Hello! I was wondering if a 'clock' is available? Maybe a SunDial even? lol

To be honest .. I've gotten use _ to not having a clock .. sun comes up / sun goes down ... we have the day and I think that is the most important thing ....... But it was nice .. I built my home base in a POI with a vending machine and I have a battle base else where.

Just a thought ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

V1.6.2 Update!

• Localization HEAVILY edited to show where items are crafted, including if they can be made in multiple workstations (one will have a reduced resource cost) and what tools may be needed. This took me forever. I have gone crosseyed from editing this file. Send help.
  • New icons for the Iron Knuckles and Spiked Knuckles added courtesy of a fan from Games4Kickz's community!
  • Iron Lockpick added! Made in the Metal Workstation with Calipers. Opens safes in half the time of the Basic Lockpick (yes the Lockpick has been renamed)
  • Scoped Repeating Crossbow recipe fixed... cos the survivalist didn't get it. They just got a steel crossbow recipe, so you can make that item now.
  • Crucible recipe fixed. Was supposed to only be made in the Metal Workstation, not the workbench.
  • Class specific recipes that used to have books no longer have books that can be found (removed from loot list, but the book still exists in items.xml so saves won't be broken)

I think that's everything! It's already on GitHub, so go update. :) No restart required for this.

Now... important information.

The next version of the mod, barring any major bugs, is going to be v1.7. It will be ENTIRELY SDX based. That means no more EAC version and 45 slot bag will now be the default. This is partially so I can make the mod look better, and partially so I'm not maintaining 2 code bases at once. If you do not want to use the SDX version, I recommend updating to 1.6.2 and then turning auto-update off.

However, this is likely the route I'll be taking for A17. I've had people testing and they said their saves updated from 1.6 to 1.7 with no issues at all (aside from odd visual bugs on workstations that were fixed by picking them up and putting them down again), but I will be recommending a restart so you can take advantage of the new rwgmixer and biomes file with new trees!

To be honest .. I've gotten use _ to not having a clock .. sun comes up / sun goes down ... we have the day and I think that is the most important thing ....... But it was nice .. I built my home base in a POI with a vending machine and I have a battle base else where.

Just a thought ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

I understand! I also know the usage of the underscore, so you may not be as old as you think <G> Technically I go way back to look down Moria on original IBM PC XT server lol Played Pin Balls and juke boxes where the only things around, till many years later when Pong came out lol So to me - everyone's a whippersnapper lol

What I've resorted to (yes - I noticed that the traitor does have the clock) is DM'ing and then opening the console to see what time it is. When playing this game I take it as Time being your worst enemy.

OH! I can't seem to find the right 'workbench'/'etc' to make bullets. :(

I understand! I also know the usage of the underscore, so you may not be as old as you think <G> Technically I go way back to look down Moria on original IBM PC XT server lol Played Pin Balls and juke boxes where the only things around, till many years later when Pong came out lol So to me - everyone's a whippersnapper lol

What I've resorted to (yes - I noticed that the traitor does have the clock) is DM'ing and then opening the console to see what time it is. When playing this game I take it as Time being your worst enemy.

OH! I can't seem to find the right 'workbench'/'etc' to make bullets. :(

Well this ... old Gamer .. is going on 73 and I don't mind saying so

Have Fun and Enjoy .. :02.47-tranquillity:

If you mean the actual parts of guns, then you need a CNC Machine. :)

I noticed when Kage was streaming the mod today that the gun part descriptions were not updated to state that, so I need to do that.

But the CNC machine has a "tool" slot for a car battery.

Small update.

It was brought to my attention that Titanium blocks are bloody awful. Their explosion resistance was WAY too low, along with the Max Load.

So I've fixed it. They now have the highest explosion resistance, a max load of 400 and a mass/weight of 15. That means you should be able to build a pillar out of titanium and then go approx 26 blocks out before it collapses. :)

Fix has been pushed to github already.

Good day KhaineGB

Just a quick update on base build: [ATTACH=CONFIG]24383[/ATTACH]

and it is using the wireless junction boxes for shotguns.

PS: Thank you for fixing the Titanium .. maybe it won't fall down now. lol

Have yourself a great week ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

Ooooh! That build is looking good! I like it :D

Thank you ....... If you want to see the rest of it and how I build one of them .. When you get a chance, check out my G+ page and if you don't mind leave a note on page if you get by. .... : https://plus.google.com/u/0/+GaryCico

Thank you again for a Great Mod ... the Old Gamer .. :02.47-tranquillity:

PS: Look for the ones dated 2/05/2018 .. they have step by step pictures.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)