Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Hi there , is there any way to get only the server files for a dedicated server?

The process to get them at this time is a bit much, needs 3 programs which I doubt ill ever use and it leads to copy and pasting all the files needed anyway in the end. Would like to just weed out the need for installing extra stuff and only would like the files for a dedicated server.

Thanks in advance.

Just got this error come up while i was diggin in the burnt biome just as it hit night time.

https://imgur.com/a/Mvgmv

The fact you are getting the checking animations message means your dll is definitely a few patches behind. That was disabled in 1.07 i believe.

For some reason the customized storage container does not show anything for me in the bottom right corner to change the text. My mate has the option and when he changes the text it does not change for me, if he changes the font i can see the font change though.

https://imgur.com/a/EkB51

Im going to need to see the version number. A new dll was released that fixed this and it is working for us on our server.

Looks like this mods already needing an FAQ to reduce repeated queries! Always use medicinal/food/drink items from your toolbelt for best results!

Yep I will be working on one once I get all the bugs ironed out. Just remember everyone that this IS a vanilla bug and there is nothing I can do about it, although it does seem to be worse in mods so be careful when using health items and food. Schematics and books can also be lost this way.

Hello Everyone,

I admit, I am very much a noob when it comes to modding. I have watched Tex's stream a lot and like the mod from what I can see. I would like to install it and start streaming, however my hosting service is telling me they cant use the mod. This is what they said:

I'm afraid this isn't something we can provide an installation for if it requires a third party program to run. As I had previously mentioned, this appears to be a clientside based mod, which would not work with a dedicated installation.

First - Is this true? If it is, is there a service that someone knows of that I can use to host a modded server?

Thank you for the kind words. That server provider is ABSOLUTELY lying to you. Drop them and if they say I'm lying then have them come to me because I would like a word with their rookie asses. We have it installed on our Bluefang hosted servers. Bluefang provides you access to ALL of your server files so you can install, delete and reinstall all mods and servers as much as you like.

Bug with the Blacksmith table. You cant scrap the materials out of the table.

I still cant place down a Halipad boxcrate, it runs the animation but doesn't place it down. I am running on 1.09 and hotfixes added to the server.

Im not sure I know what you mean by scrapping out of the table. Are you crafting things and then immediately scrapping them? Im not sure the tables are designed for that. Put it in your bag first.

The Halicopter is fixed and working on our servers. You may need a reinstall of the DLL files.

Final testing all day today to ensure we have no major issues. Release of the next version should be sometime later tonight barring any major issues.

Check out the fabulous Lumun who is streaming Ravenhearst right now and having a scary good time!

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks Jax!

I’ll get a bluefang server. One issue is I am still very new to this. How do I find instructions on installation?

Im going to put together a guide for everyone real soon to help with installing mods.

Hi Jax, Just got my Linux server working with your mod, havent played much to be honest! really looking forward to it!

i did have a look through some items etc and the one thing that stood out ALOT, the whole "-All weapon parts craftable with the Weapon Station" that there literally takes away a reason to continue to scavenge for parts, it makes the game alot easier, almost to a point that players will max their weapons quickly, get bored, etc etc

Something i wish the fun pimps would do is make items need players to be a certain level to use the item, on my server level 200 player gives a new player level 600 tools, weapons and armor thinking they helping, but then the player has nothing to play for and gets bored quicker, would you be able to apply something like this on your mod?

Great mod btw! cant belive how much is in it!! :D

Hi Jax, Just got my Linux server working with your mod, havent played much to be honest! really looking forward to it!

i did have a look through some items etc and the one thing that stood out ALOT, the whole "-All weapon parts craftable with the Weapon Station" that there literally takes away a reason to continue to scavenge for parts, it makes the game alot easier, almost to a point that players will max their weapons quickly, get bored, etc etc

Something i wish the fun pimps would do is make items need players to be a certain level to use the item, on my server level 200 player gives a new player level 600 tools, weapons and armor thinking they helping, but then the player has nothing to play for and gets bored quicker, would you be able to apply something like this on your mod?

Great mod btw! cant belive how much is in it!! :D

I am VERY glad that you bring up this discussion. The weapon station was something I thought long and hard about and it only remains in the game right now in my mod because it gives people something to do at end game which is to assemble the perfect guns.

MY preference has always been to scavenge the parts and combine to make the perfect gun. I added the station months ago before the mod was considered for public release and it kind of just stuck around. It does make things a bit easier in the end game. At one point we had completely removed the combine feature in place of the weapon station so you HAD to make parts along the way. We brought combine back after some did not like the change.

For me i dislike both. I think the combine feature DOES give you something to do in a way but it also takes away from the scavenging aspect. I always try to promote scavenging over full on crafting. Will the weapon station remain? I am unsure because it has been so near being cut before. If it feels detrimental to the goal of the mod I will remove it.

We had this same issue on our server. A few players would get together on server wipes and max out different skills and when we had new players they would offer tools and weapons. I know they were only trying to help but those players who were given greater tools would eventually leave because they ran out of things to do eventually. The only real way to stop that is to not allow recipes to unlock until say level 100 but even then people can get others to craft or repair things for them.

I want the mod to remain challenging AND fun, and that can be a tough thing to balance. But yes, gun parts crafting is VERY near the chopping block since it is not available in vanilla anyway and giving that kind of access to players seems to be removing some challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

Watching Lumun has made me realise how much of a scruffy disorganised player I am on this game lol, cheers! Also still wondering why I'm only getting 3KP from every book when others are reporting varying numbers?

Books give more than schematics, but at one point I did increase the scrap rate. I dialed it back a bit because it made getting the KP TOO easy.

Thanks Jax!

I’ll get a bluefang server. One issue is I am still very new to this. How do I find instructions on installation?

When I got mine from blue fang the installed my mod of choice back then on for me, I had to keep it up since then, but to start off they were great. I do not get paid nor do I have a free sever, they have just responded to my request and fairly quick.

I am VERY glad that you bring up this discussion. The weapon station was something I thought long and hard about and it only remains in the game right now in my mod because it gives people something to do at end game which is to assemble the perfect guns.

MY preference has always been to scavenge the parts and combine to make the perfect gun. I added the station months ago before the mod was considered for public release and it kind of just stuck around. It does make things a bit easier in the end game. At one point we had completely removed the combine feature in place of the weapon station so you HAD to make parts along the way. We brought combine back after some did not like the change.

For me i dislike both. I think the combine feature DOES give you something to do in a way but it also takes away from the scavenging aspect. I always try to promote scavenging over full on crafting. Will the weapon station remain? I am unsure because it has been so near being cut before. If it feels detrimental to the goal of the mod I will remove it.

We had this same issue on our server. A few players would get together on server wipes and max out different skills and when we had new players they would offer tools and weapons. I know they were only trying to help but those players who were given greater tools would eventually leave because they ran out of things to do eventually. The only real way to stop that is to not allow recipes to unlock until say level 100 but even then people can get others to craft or repair things for them.

I want the mod to remain challenging AND fun, and that can be a tough thing to balance. But yes, gun parts crafting is VERY near the chopping block since it is not available in vanilla anyway and giving that kind of access to players seems to be removing some challenge.

- - - Updated - - -

I have spent the last 2 months looking into how to balance the game and keep players on the server and having fun, all mods that let you level up quickly with things like survivor notes etc are a good idea but don't help. The quicker players level up the quicker they get bored. Don't give players everything. Let them obtain it by playing. I went as far as to make concrete mix unsellable to traders.

I vote for it to be removed, chopped. :)

Sorry for the trouble. What was the issue with the Mod Launcher? I may be able to help you.

Have Issues too with Launcher.

I heard that it have some fixes for the mod but seems not work !!

1. SIngleplayer with 7 day horde and BBm

2. oil refinery (not work)

3. Heli (does not exist anymore)

4. Flares (not work)

Do i Something Wrong?

4. Flares (not work)

Do i Something Wrong?

Sounds like an incompatibility. You can not install any other mod with this one like Bigger Backpack. Our mod requires our dll and can not be overwritten by anything else. Our mod comes with a 72 slot back built in for those worried about a bigger backpack.

- - - Updated - - -

I vote for it to be removed, chopped. :)

Requirement for making the parts have increased dramatically making them VERY hard to make without a lot of leg work. A good trade off i think for those who still want to plug away at it and can be ignored by those who dont care for it. Patch notes and hopefully 2.0 release coming today.

4. Flares (not work)

Do i Something Wrong?

Did you apply your own bigger back pack mod? Like JaxTeller718 said, it's already included, and would likely break the mod.

Sounds like an incompatibility. You can not install any other mod with this one like Bigger Backpack. Our mod requires our dll and can not be overwritten by anything else. Our mod comes with a 72 slot back built in for those worried about a bigger backpack.

Sorry for the missspell my english is not so good, i mean with your 72 backpack.

Sorry for the missspell my english is not so good, i mean with your 72 backpack.

Okay, let's see what the issue is.

Can you click on the View menu, then go to Log Files? Select the 7d2dlauncher.txt, and click on Upload Log file. Then copy and paste the pastebin.com link here.

I'm very angry !!!! Yesterday after being for more than 10 hours doing my base underground. I went to the city for materials and when I returned my base was not there. It is as if I had never been. It has already happened 2 times .....

Note:

This has only happened to me when I have wandered far from my base. It's like the game respawn the ground again

I'm very angry !!!! Yesterday after being for more than 10 hours doing my base underground. I went to the city for materials and when I returned my base was not there. It is as if I had never been. It has already happened 2 times .....

Logs would be helpful, but this doesnt sound like an issue with the mod since I have not updated anything since Monday afternoon. I have been working on 2.0.