Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

7.6.1.4 Available   No wipes or save breaks

-Fixed Alum Carbon Steel crossbolts opening to iron instead of proper tips
-Fixed Exploding bolts needing steel arrows instead of the proper steel bolt tips
-Multi Tool Added to Crafting Quality Under Construction Tools
-Tungsten and Chrome Arrows now unlockable
-Updated showquestclearcounts, or added the line entirely that hadn't been adjusted previously.
-Replaced sleeper groups football stadium and abandoned house with other valid groups to prepare for their removal.
-Adjusted biomes if necessary
-Updated several townships and zones to be more king gen friendly, regardless of them working in rwg as normal.
-Included an updated copy of king gen list, renamed RHKingGenPOI_v7613b
-Added rh_zz_saltflat_multiBiomes_1(by_sinder) to king gen list, to fill the salt gap the generator's refusal to include cave pois can fill.

On 9/17/2021 at 10:20 PM, SpaceDuck said:

Amazing mod, can't play it at all though.  The lack of storage just kills it dead.  If you could use world storage I wouldn't care that its much harder to build storage.  If you could build storage easily I wouldn't care I could use world storage.  All in all the mods great with one gigantic fatal flaw the just kills it.

I feel your pain. Not sure if you knew, but you can use your axe on many of the backpacks, purse bags, coolers, and garbage bags around the world and use those for storage until you are able to make better storage. Agreed that it doesn't make a lot of logical sense, but it is a "feature" that impacts progression... it is what it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible for me to remove the item break on repair with xml editing ? I used to play this mod and like its complex items and all now i want to get into it again but carrying a couple of weapons instead of repairing one is a turn off for me. I can't remember if breaking was a thing back then or not, i was playing when there were diamond tools.

16 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

I'm REALLY trying to like this mod, but the storage system just @%$#es me off!

I've got like 20 bags scattered on the floor plus a couple filthy sacks I could craft.

It's just too much guys... :tsk:

I don’t understand what prevents you from picking up the hinges from the doors, picking up wood and nails? It seems like a recipe for normal boxes. Saws are often found at construction sites, in 20 days I found 3 saws already, I don't see any problems with boxes at all

1 hour ago, Delside said:

I don’t understand what prevents you from picking up the hinges from the doors, picking up wood and nails? It seems like a recipe for normal boxes. Saws are often found at construction sites, in 20 days I found 3 saws already, I don't see any problems with boxes at all

The problem is I'm barely able to survive as it is... going to a town to find saws? I get attacked by dozens of zombies and can't even carry the stuff I find back to base.

I'm new to Ravenhearst, and maybe I still need to learn how to survive, but up to now I never died, expand my inventory slots, find some gear and so on...

However, this mod is a total grind and not fun at all. The storage system is just one of many examples, but for sure it's the most irritating.

I was interested in this mod because I liked all the cool stuff you can craft and how you handle vehicles, but I see I was wrong: to get there I'd need IRL weeks of constant grind!

44 minutes ago, Jost Amman said:

However, this mod is a total grind and not fun at all. The storage system is just one of many examples, but for sure it's the most irritating.

I was interested in this mod because I liked all the cool stuff you can craft and how you handle vehicles, but I see I was wrong: to get there I'd need IRL weeks of constant grind!

To be honest, the mod creator specifically stated that the main feature of this mod was to slow down progress quite a bit and turn it into a hardcore time consuming experience  😉

13 minutes ago, BFT2020 said:

To be honest, the mod creator specifically stated that the main feature of this mod was to slow down progress quite a bit and turn it into a hardcore time consuming experience  😉

Yeah, my bad, I guess. But it's such a shame that all that nice content can't be played without all that grind.

If they added some kind of "vanilla mode" this mod would become as popular as DF is (to name one).

9 hours ago, Jost Amman said:

The problem is I'm barely able to survive as it is... going to a town to find saws? I get attacked by dozens of zombies and can't even carry the stuff I find back to base.

I'm new to Ravenhearst, and maybe I still need to learn how to survive, but up to now I never died, expand my inventory slots, find some gear and so on...

This is the main mistake, this mod is not created for beginners, here it is purely hardcore 😉

2 hours ago, Delside said:

This is the main mistake, this mod is not created for beginners, here it is purely hardcore 😉

Well, I'm not exactly a "beginner", I've been playing 7D2D since A7, so...

My point is, adding grind is not adding difficulty, it's just adding more tedious and annoying tasks that provide no additional fun to the game.

A little bit of grind and complexity is welcome, but at this level it's simply too much IMO.

Anyway, just wanted to give my personal feedback to the mod devs. To each one his own.

• 3 months later...

Hello!

I have tried to fill empty glass jars with water from a reservoir and there was no way. I have tried with the right and left button, getting into the water, from the outside ... maybe it can't be done with this mod, is it done differently or is it a bug?

Having some strange troubles. 

Ok so last week i reinstalled 7 days to die and tried out the latest Ravenhearst and it worked fine by getting the required version and everything worked great.

Now when trying to play again it says cannot intialize steam even tho it is running in the background. I also tried another Mod called Undead Legacy and this one does the same thing. 

I will also mention even just copying over the 7 days to die folder out of it's steam folder and making an exact copy I get the same exact steam error...but if click the play button in steam then everything works just ifne. If i right click on 7 days to die inside of steam and go to where the game is installed I ran both the EAC version and Non EAC version and they both give the same stupid steam error.

This makes no sense what so ever when this all just worked not even a week ago and now you can't run the game unless it's with the stupid play button inside of steam. This make it impossible to run overhauled mods where you should install them to their own folders.

i have the latest updated steam and I also opted myself into the latest beta version of steam thinking this was some bug in the live version and it still didn't help.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm stuck on the mission to make the "table shaw", because I'm missing the "saw blade" and it doesn't seem like I can make it in any way so I guess the only way is, or that I find it somewhere box or breaking up any other "table shaw" that I find on the map, to see if the parts I get fit in, there is the "saw blade".
The issue is that I'm on day 77 and I haven't found this "table shaw" in any building I've visited nor has it come out in any box.
The version I'm playing is the latest for alpha 19 of the game, version 7.6.1.4, on the map Ravenhearst Navezgame
Where can I locate it? maybe there is a problem in this map and the table is nowhere? I find it very strange not to have already stumbled upon some "table shaw"

On 3/5/2022 at 10:57 PM, Tocolosco said:

I'm stuck on the mission to make the "table shaw", because I'm missing the "saw blade" and it doesn't seem like I can make it in any way so I guess the only way is, or that I find it somewhere box or breaking up any other "table shaw" that I find on the map, to see if the parts I get fit in, there is the "saw blade".
The issue is that I'm on day 77 and I haven't found this "table shaw" in any building I've visited nor has it come out in any box.
The version I'm playing is the latest for alpha 19 of the game, version 7.6.1.4, on the map Ravenhearst Navezgame
Where can I locate it? maybe there is a problem in this map and the table is nowhere? I find it very strange not to have already stumbled upon some "table shaw"

If I put the message before, before I find a "table shaw". I've located it inside a building called "Book Stop", if I remember correctly.
I've scrapped it and it gave me the "saw blade", so I can now progress through the missions.
I hope this is useful to other people.

On 9/30/2021 at 6:11 AM, Jost Amman said:

Yeah, my bad, I guess. But it's such a shame that all that nice content can't be played without all that grind.

If they added some kind of "vanilla mode" this mod would become as popular as DF is (to name one).

Stick to Vanilla mate. We all come here to play because we HATE vanilla. It is such a bore. And RH murders DF. DF is way too easy.

Patch 8.3.3 Released!

-Iced Tea Should Now Display Wellness
-Fixed Broken Issues with Wellness Option in Menu
-Fixed Missing Unlock Info On Farming Table
-Fixed Wrong Volume Numbering on Spears Books
-Fixed Spear Unlocks in Book Progression
-Fixed Irrigation Pump Not unlocking
-Added Apache Helicopter Recipe
-Complete Rework of the Wandering Horde System. Gamestaged to 1000, less Bears, more Vanilla Zombies and Tiers Added
-Rework of the Blood Moon System. Added Tiered Zombies at Late Gamestages
-Added Tiered Tom Clark Zombie
-Added Missing Ranger Book Craft to Research Desk

Hello Jax Teller... This mod is beyond what i have wanted 7 days to die to be
One super big issue which i wish was fixable by myself, that's the item degradation (when item is repaired, it lowers down a tier until it eventually breaks)
Sorry to break about it, but past modpacks are just not great and finally i found one that IS great, yet this one mod just isn't doing it for me :-(

Any tips? Can i fix it myself?

Patch 8.3.4 Released! Our biggest patch yet. No wipes or Save Breaks

-Iced Tea Should Now Display Wellness
-Fixed Chemistry Station Recipe to Match Quest
-Fixed Blacksmith Forge Recipe and Quest Requirements to Match
-Fixed Radios can not be picked up
-Added Bricks to Brick Stack
-Increased Cobble and Cement Harvest on Pallets by 1-2
-Reduced Bird Nests Spawns
-Fixed Wrong Unlock Info for Farm Table
-Corrected Unlock Info for Scrap Knife
-Jumping Mutant Fix by Yakov
-Red Border Around Tools and Weapons Below 20 Percent Reinstated by Redbeard
-Stoves Are Now Repairable
-Chicken Coops Are Now Interactable
-Rabbit Cage Model Updated So It Is Interactable
-Cannabis Grow Time Now Matches Other Crops
-Cannabis Can Now Be Fertilized
-Added Station Tools to Air Drops
-Added Bicycle Parts to Air Drops
-Increased Count of Loot on Air Drops
-Added Ammo to Air Drops
-Removed Recipes for Wood and Steel Bars Trick
-Added Berry Bush Model That Spawns in the Forest and Gives Berries
-Added New Trash Bin Models to Replace the Ugly Green One
-Reduced Tree Stump Spawns Slightly
-Reduced Ore Node Spawns
-Added to the Wellness Tip
-Reduced timer on crafting Burning Barrel
-Reduced Cook Time on Murky Water in Can in Campfire
-Removed and Replaced Unused Snow Group with Lumberjack Group in 23 POIs
-Reduced Vanilla Crop Harvests from 2 to 1 to match Ravenhearst Crops
-Added a .5 Probability to get seed back from all Ravenhearst Crops to Match Vanilla
-Added 10x10 XL Armored Chest Storage Made With Tungsten
-Added Craftable Reinforced Chain Link Fence Set to Enable Actual Use for Bases with Higher HP
-Removed Individual Building Shape Recipes
-Added New Model for Writable XL Storage
-Added Missing Bowls to Recipes Needing Them
-Fixed Book Bundle Nulling Frome Removed Books
-Fixed Tier 5 POIs Treasure Chests Giving All Low Quality Items
-Fixed Improper Loot Quality That Did Not Honor Loot Gamestage
-Fixed Colliders on Mechanics Bench
-Fixed rh_industrial_Lumber_Mill(by IceJudge) Quest Issue

Hello all  first time posting so I hope this spot is ok for this error I had. I was on day 72 no deaths almost 5200 kills I was moving into the desert using my 4x4 I ended up having a full game crash driving though the desert. when i restarted my 4x4 was gone and it was loaded to much to just cm it back in. I also had a null error near a rad lv5 poi also in the desert. I thought I would share this if I posted in the wrong area please let me know thank you for the mod I am enjoying it.