Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

I created the weapons table under 5.4. It's hard to remember now, but it was something like your situation. I got a new diploma and used it. I think this unlocks access to the specialty firearms skill at the bottom of the Pistol category. Later I finished some other quest line I think and THAT unlocked the ability to build the weapon table. Actually, I think it was from completing the ALL weapons chapter which includes blunt, blade, bows, etc.

If you have an older computer with limited graphics memory (I have a GTX 970 w/ 4Gb mem) and "only" 16Gb of memory, then you may struggle with getting the game to load consistently at start up. I run half textures and have reduced my view radius slightly and once the game has loaded it is running >14Gb of memory and that soon ramps up 15.2Gb where I start getting lag spikes from constant memory garbage collection. Right now I've got about a 50% startup success rate on the mod. If you have two monitors then I highly recommend you have the task manager open and showing the graph of memory usage - if it flat-lines during game load then you've crashed/stalled. Also, just before you hit the Connect button to join a server, hit the F1 button to open the debug window - if you start seeing red text there then you've likely crashed. if that happens you'll have to hit Alt-F4 to close the app and start over. I've also had crash logs show I was out of memory even though the task manager showed I was only at 14Gb usage and should have had 2Gb free - not sure what's going on there. I think I'm just going to have to buy more memory as I really like this mod.

I created the weapons table under 5.4. It's hard to remember now, but it was something like your situation. I got a new diploma and used it. I think this unlocks access to the specialty firearms skill at the bottom of the Pistol category. Later I finished some other quest line I think and THAT unlocked the ability to build the weapon table. Actually, I think it was from completing the ALL weapons chapter which includes blunt, blade, bows, etc.

Thanks for the explanation. I will try to finish all the quest lines of all weapons. I would swear that I still have to make a branch, that of cutting weapons (I don't remember what it is called now) and I will see if I can create the weapons table.

If you have an older computer with limited graphics memory (I have a GTX 970 w/ 4Gb mem) and "only" 16Gb of memory, then you may struggle with getting the game to load consistently at start up. I run half textures and have reduced my view radius slightly and once the game has loaded it is running >14Gb of memory and that soon ramps up 15.2Gb where I start getting lag spikes from constant memory garbage collection. Right now I've got about a 50% startup success rate on the mod. If you have two monitors then I highly recommend you have the task manager open and showing the graph of memory usage - if it flat-lines during game load then you've crashed/stalled. Also, just before you hit the Connect button to join a server, hit the F1 button to open the debug window - if you start seeing red text there then you've likely crashed. if that happens you'll have to hit Alt-F4 to close the app and start over. I've also had crash logs show I was out of memory even though the task manager showed I was only at 14Gb usage and should have had 2Gb free - not sure what's going on there. I think I'm just going to have to buy more memory as I really like this mod.

Yes, I also have 16GB and I have already realized that sometimes it consumes all the RAM. I don't know if that's why the game sometimes hits several seconds.

The same with 32GB pauses no longer occur, but it is impressive that it consumes so much RAM. I did not notice Vanila, but I do not think it consumed much less memory.

When you figure out the right places to loot (I've heard its dressers, etc) and get your loot skill up then finding backpacks to increase your inventory is not so bad. I've had a friend find 3 backpacks in just one evening. I think he was around level 76. He gave them to me. I was level 12 of 15 and still had 17 slots closed off. Each of those last 3 BP's gave 3, 4, and 5 slots. With 5 slots that remain locked out by design. I've also found that Air Drops have about a 50% chance for a BP. Rather than play around with config files, just use a cheat code to give the Small Backpack item. That should work.

When you figure out the right places to loot (I've heard its dressers, etc) and get your loot skill up then finding backpacks to increase your inventory is not so bad. I've had a friend find 3 backpacks in just one evening. I think he was around level 76. He gave them to me. I was level 12 of 15 and still had 17 slots closed off. Each of those last 3 BP's gave 3, 4, and 5 slots. With 5 slots that remain locked out by design. I've also found that Air Drops have about a 50% chance for a BP. Rather than play around with config files, just use a cheat code to give the Small Backpack item. That should work.

I find them in washing machines. Looting a laundromat is always my first priority when starting a new map.

Buy the lockpicking perk

It's good. Thank's.

In an earlier version, after typing the name 'lockpick' in the search bar was displayed it. Now, version 5.5.3, I don't see how craft lockpick and think that it loot. Therefore, I didn’t know whether to spend experience points on LOCKPICKING.

Again there is a question.

Previously, for crafting lockpick, need to buy a 2 level perk 'lockpicking'. At the moment I bought this level, but I can’t craft the lockpick.

Need buy all 5 levels of perk 'Lockpicking' ?

You can't make it in your backpack or personal workbench (I think), workbench should do it

Gonna have to ask as well; vanilla 7D2D has always been pretty ''meh'' but we absolutely loved Ravenhearst. With A18 being out, should we expect a new version of the mod for it? Because if this is still being worked on, we're 100% going to wait for the mod to update before we dive in again :)

You can't make it in your backpack or personal workbench (I think), workbench should do it

I write ' lockpick' in search bar workbench and nothing...

In the previous version (5.4) can make lockpick at the personal workbench after reaching level 2 perk 'Lockpicking'.

In version 5.5.3 are some things alpha 18 vanilla. May be lockpick can make after reach level 5 perk 'lockpicking' similar to "Great Heist' alpha 18 ?

Edited by konik (see edit history)

I write ' lockpick' in search bar workbench and nothing...

In the previous version (5.4) can make lockpick at the personal workbench after reaching level 2 perk 'Lockpicking'.

In version 5.5.3 are some things alpha 18 vanilla. May be lockpick can make after reach level 5 perk 'lockpicking' similar to "Great Heist' alpha 18 ?

Not before A18 becomes stable.

- - - Updated - - -

Gonna have to ask as well; vanilla 7D2D has always been pretty ''meh'' but we absolutely loved Ravenhearst. With A18 being out, should we expect a new version of the mod for it? Because if this is still being worked on, we're 100% going to wait for the mod to update before we dive in again :)

Sorry, forgot. In 5.5.3 it has changed to loot only

Edited by mr.natural (see edit history)

Not before A18 becomes stable.

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, forgot. In 5.5.3 it has changed to loot only

''Sorry, forgot. In 5.5.3 it has changed to loot only'' - is it answer for my question ? )

Ok. The more valuable the lockpick will be found.

Hi !

Version 5.5.3. When doing Farming quest - upgrade composter by compost - the status bar came out with red text and the game hung. After restart game composter do not upgrade and farming quest disappeared from quest's menu.

Is it bug ? Can fix server rollback ? How doing server rollback ?

Hi! I haven't played Ravenhurst myself but I read up that Ravenhurst has an inventory management quality of life that the base game doesn't!

A mod that does the following:

"There is a mod for this (it is included in Ravenhearst modpack), which lets you:

Dump all items in a chest (except those outlined in red, which are selected with the hotkey "X").

Dump all items matching those in the chest.

This is done via buttons located at the sides of the autosort button (in the inventory and chests).

The time saved by this mod was incredible."

Source: https://www.reddit.com/r/7daystodie/comments/dicsrm/inventory_quality_of_life_request/

Now I've looked on this Ravenhurst mod page but heck if I can find a mention of this awesome sounding QOL tweak. Long story short can anyone tell me if this is a separate mod we could use outside of Ravenhurst for vanilla 7days? I'm hoping it is a separate mod. *crosses fingers*

This sorting mod sounds amazing and I bet most vanilla 7 days players would be all over if it was an option!

Thanks for your time.

Now I've looked on this Ravenhurst mod page but heck if I can find a mention of this awesome sounding QOL tweak. Long story short can anyone tell me if this is a separate mod we could use outside of Ravenhurst for vanilla 7days? I'm hoping it is a separate mod. *crosses fingers*

This sorting mod sounds amazing and I bet most vanilla 7 days players would be all over if it was an option!

Thanks for your time.

It currently isnt a separate mod and is coded into Ravenhearst only im afraid. I 'may' look into making it a standalone version for A18 once ive finished tweaking it a bit more (needs to work with Sort and with Vehicle storage).

FYI there are in built functionality in vanilla for this that is currently disabled but our version works slightly different :)

If you want to try the vanilla in built options try this modlet : https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?127758-Backpack-Buttons-A18!-(Stash-All-Stash-Stack-Stash-Stack-Smart)

Edited by w00kien00kie (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

The State of Ravenhearst 6.0

With the release of Stable and the simultaneous drop of 18.1 to Exp a lot of you are asking when Ravenhearst will be ready. This is our official statement on our plans for 6.

Right now we do not have any estimates or release windows to offer up for you other than to say it will not be available on 18.0. The reason for this is I am currently in the middle of converting and planning out balance for RH and it would not be fair or realistic to expect it anytime this soon. 18.1? Perhaps but even then that is a very generous estimate.

The team is all in agreement that we want a stable honest and fully enjoyable release when it occurs. wOOkie nOOkie has converted all of his work so the majority of this work is in my lap now, and I am certain you guys want more than a port, but a new integrated experience worthy of our name.

Sinder is currently in her busy season with events and has worked on a few POI conversions but there are so many more to be done. This year we are going the extra mile and hand selecting POIs to give the RH touch.

Cpt_Krunch is busy at work on his maps of which there will be a few to choose from for those who like the static map, but he is mostly handcuffed by me and our team so no yelling at him. He can not produce something he is waiting on from us :slight_smile: Shades2529 is ready to go but is also juggling both RL and waiting on me to produce.

As for me. I will promise to offer updates as to our progress and say I am working hours every single day to get it finished and into your hands. But i am certain you guys would rather have a solid well rounded long term play on release instead of multiple patches and wipes and that is what I am doing my best to deliver. So patience will be key here.

Stay tuned to this channel for information on updates, testing, previews and more as they become available. Thank you all for your appreciation and support. We promise that Ravenhearst will be the wild and in depth ride that you guys come to expect from us.

The State of Ravenhearst 6.0

With the release of Stable and the simultaneous drop of 18.1 to Exp a lot of you are asking when Ravenhearst will be ready. This is our official statement on our plans for 6.

Right now we do not have any estimates or release windows to offer up for you other than to say it will not be available on 18.0. The reason for this is I am currently in the middle of converting and planning out balance for RH and it would not be fair or realistic to expect it anytime this soon. 18.1? Perhaps but even then that is a very generous estimate.

The team is all in agreement that we want a stable honest and fully enjoyable release when it occurs. wOOkie nOOkie has converted all of his work so the majority of this work is in my lap now, and I am certain you guys want more than a port, but a new integrated experience worthy of our name.

Sinder is currently in her busy season with events and has worked on a few POI conversions but there are so many more to be done. This year we are going the extra mile and hand selecting POIs to give the RH touch.

Cpt_Krunch is busy at work on his maps of which there will be a few to choose from for those who like the static map, but he is mostly handcuffed by me and our team so no yelling at him. He can not produce something he is waiting on from us :slight_smile: Shades2529 is ready to go but is also juggling both RL and waiting on me to produce.

As for me. I will promise to offer updates as to our progress and say I am working hours every single day to get it finished and into your hands. But i am certain you guys would rather have a solid well rounded long term play on release instead of multiple patches and wipes and that is what I am doing my best to deliver. So patience will be key here.

Stay tuned to this channel for information on updates, testing, previews and more as they become available. Thank you all for your appreciation and support. We promise that Ravenhearst will be the wild and in depth ride that you guys come to expect from us.

Great news. We will wait for news of a new version of this great mod.