Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

Good day JaxTeller718

Question .. I just checked the Mod Launcher .. will it be added to the Launcher anytime soon? .. Have Fun and Enjoy .. the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity:

EDIT .. NEVER Mind .. She just popped up on the Launcher .. I guest I was to quick going there.

JaxTeller .. Thank you and You have a wonderful Holiday and hoping it is a Good one.

the Old Gamer … :02.47-tranquillity::smow:

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

I am wondering the same. Can we use Nitrogen?

Prefab lists for Ravenhearst over at Nitrogen page are not updated. Do I have to use prefablists generator to make it myself?

Thanks

no idea how that gets done. we have some cleanup to do in our prefab xmls from a17 when things weren't spawning well. think he'll be doing that for next one, so might things spawning in weird places using nitrogen since it's extremely efficient.

updated our info-graphic for people that like direct downloads, feel free to share. same method can be applied to any mod on the file handling.

k1eYXaL.jpg

Edited by sinda
fingers; they disobey. (see edit history)

no idea how that gets done. we have some cleanup to do in our prefab xmls from a17 when things weren't spawning well. think he'll be doing that for next one, so might things spawning in weird places using nitrogen since it's extremely efficient.

Alright, thank you for letting me know. I'll create a new random gen map non nitrogen until you guys fix what you have to fix.

I hope it gets fixed fast, the mod seems awesome!!!

Edited by xFORCERx (see edit history)

@ xFORCERx ……. I went ahead and started on one of my Nitrogen maps.

I'm running it on 1 of my 8K maps with the COMPOPACK 42 that I made using .. Nitrogen .. and So far it seems to be Fine .. some the terrain is a bit different (more colorful than before and that is from RH textures pack he is using, I'm fairly sure of that).

The 1 thing my map does not have is a Radiant zone and I don't know if it is Needed for any quest or not .. we will see.

But it seems Ok .. with current 7d2d game A18.2 b5 and using version 0.474 nitrogen. Just my thoughts

PS: I also using the Mod Launcher .. it does take a bit for it to install or run, because how big the prefab list now. But loads nicely.

Edited by gpcstargate (see edit history)

@ xFORCERx ……. I went ahead and started on one of my Nitrogen maps.

I'm running it on 1 of my 8K maps with the COMPOPACK 42 that I made using .. Nitrogen .. and So far it seems to be Fine .. some the terrain is a bit different (more colorful than before and that is from RH textures pack he is using, I'm fairly sure of that).

The 1 thing my map does not have is a Radiant zone and I don't know if it is Needed for any quest or not .. we will see.

But it seems Ok .. with current 7d2d game A18.2 b5 and using version 0.474 nitrogen. Just my thoughts

PS: I also using the Mod Launcher .. it does take a bit for it to install or run, because how big the prefab list now. But loads nicely.

Of course it will work with compopack, you won't have any of the rh prefabs though as those will only be available if you 1. generate the world in-game as it will use the rh supplied rwgmixer which was supplied in the rh mod pack and has the rh entries in it or 2. you need a prefab list to use with nitrogen that has the rh entries in it, currently there is none for rh v6.x, just the older v5.x.

Check your prefabs.xml from your nitrogen output, it doesn't have any rh_xxx..... prefabs mentioned in it.

You could use the prefablist generator but it doesn't output in a way that nitrogen is completely happy with ie it's missing a lot of the tags such as houses, oldwest, farm etc, it will work however but not be as "good" as it could be unless one manually adds those which is not hard as there aren't that many.

I just threw this together, I used the prefab list generator and manually added the most obvious tags to the easily identifiable structures.

Add these lines to the vanilla list for example which is included in the latest nitrogen (make a backup first) so you get a better variety (if you don't add it to a more complete prefab list nitrogen will complain about missing entries such as oldwest, mountain, trader etc as rh doesn't include those on it's own).

I don't mention adding it to compopack prefab list as there will be redundant prefabs but nothing wrong if you want a huge variety with some repetition, I would do vanilla + rh myself.

https://pastebin.com/gQ22aT8w

Double check your prefabs xml output to make sure the new rh_... structures are in there, they are for me.

I'm still trying to figure out how RH creates zinc and copper deposits as I haven't seen any yet, not sure if it's just a vein or also supposed to be a visible boulder on the surface and whether or not that needs to be in a prefab list as deco?

I checked the included rwgmixer and also generated a world in-game but also haven't seen zinc or copper yet, maybe it's just very rare?

Edited by Reytag (see edit history)

there are a few pois marked wasteland zone only, but currently aside from it being a bit more dangerous, there's nothing game breaking about not having the zone currently

Edited by sinda (see edit history)

I'm still trying to figure out how RH creates zinc and copper deposits as I haven't seen any yet, not sure if it's just a vein or also supposed to be a visible boulder on the surface and whether or not that needs to be in a prefab list as deco?

I checked the included rwgmixer and also generated a world in-game but also haven't seen zinc or copper yet, maybe it's just very rare?

it's handled through the biomes file, and i believe is only found in wastelands.

Urgent

We have been made aware of a serious bug regarding food spoilage on servers only. Food will spoil each and every time you open your container. This is 100 percent NOT intended and we will be releasing a fix very soon for this. Single Player is not impacted. This is a server only bug. We apologize for this unfortunate bug making it into release.

If you run a server you can disable food spoilage until a fix is found by going inside the Mods folder and deleting the SphereiiFoodSpoilage folder entirely.

Single Player is not impacted by this bug and should not need to remove it. I have sent updated files to Bluefang. You may need to ask them to remove this folder for you. Again I apologize for this inconvenience.

This only needs to be done Server Side, clients do not have to do this. It can be done by yourself as well if you know how.

Urgent

We have been made aware of a serious bug regarding food spoilage on servers only. Food will spoil each and every time you open your container. This is 100 percent NOT intended and we will be releasing a fix very soon for this. Single Player is not impacted. This is a server only bug. We apologize for this unfortunate bug making it into release.

If you run a server you can disable food spoilage until a fix is found by going inside the Mods folder and deleting the SphereiiFoodSpoilage folder entirely.

Single Player is not impacted by this bug and should not need to remove it. I have sent updated files to Bluefang. You may need to ask them to remove this folder for you. Again I apologize for this inconvenience.

This only needs to be done Server Side, clients do not have to do this. It can be done by yourself as well if you know how.

I reported this to SphereII a while ago but we couldn't repo the bug on his server. The good news is now we have a second case, so that might help track down the bug. We are working on it this morning but still cannot isolate the cause. Perhaps it starts after several days of game play as in my case it just appeared over time, so if anyone finds a reproducible clue please let us know.

I keep getting dllnotfound exception: user32.dll while running the linux client. the error is spammed in console. The ravenhearst background is loaded but no menu. Why is ravenhearst looking for a windows library?

vanilla linux client doesn't have this issue. Only when you install ravenhearst mod, the problem appears.

I reported this to SphereII a while ago but we couldn't repo the bug on his server. The good news is now we have a second case, so that might help track down the bug. We are working on it this morning but still cannot isolate the cause. Perhaps it starts after several days of game play as in my case it just appeared over time, so if anyone finds a reproducible clue please let us know.

I knew you guys would rock this. Awesome to hear. We love this mechanic and everything you guys produce for this community

I have made an official prefabfile for Nitrogen. I personally went through and placed what I wanted here. you can use this file in nitrogen. it includes vanilla pois. Enjoy!

Also a patch will be released tonight for some bug fixes, including the backpack bug with slots.

[ATTACH]31009[/ATTACH]

prefablist_Ravenhearst6.txt

Update Patch 6.2.1 No Wipe Needed

Addition: Added a line to safe zone text saying drawing too much attention will attract zombies

Addition: Added 2 health to insect recipes

Addition: Added Store Shelf Helpers

Addition: Added Chance of broken store shelves

Addition: Ravenhearst Nitrogen prefablist file

Balance: Slightly reduced birds nest

Balance: Lowered amount of loot in weapons bags

Change: Added Fertilizer, Toolbox and Tarps to Cardboard Box Loot

Change: Removed Food Spoilage from Server Files

Change: Bicycle Now Made in Personal Workbench

Change: Commercial Doors now give hinges

Change: Increased tree stumps in world

Fix: Lowered Stack of Chapters

Fix: Bicycle Handlebars now made in Personal Workbench

Fix: Removed Quick Continue Module in Spherecore that may have been causing continue game loops

Fix: Can of Water now has correct craft path

Fix: Fixed Weird Science Quest

Fix: Rotation on Well of Souls

Fix: Backpacks will now unlock properly. Already learned backpack slots will automatically open.

Removal: Cooking Pot and Grill removed as recipes

Removal: Food spoilage removed. You may need to go into your Mods folder and delete Sphereii_FoodSpoilage as well.

Removal: Removed rotten food recipes

user32.dll error non-loading menu on linux seems to be fixed in 6.2.1 ~Thank you.

But new issue on the linux client.

The game crashes to desktop while loading into game/world.

This is spammed in console just moments before server start messages and game initialization messages.

desired shader compiler platform 15 is not available in shader blob

Setting everything to lowest in graphics quality allows me to load in and spawn in the world but a minute later the game crashes to desktop with no error.

Only does it in ravenhearst, as vanilla linux doesn't behave the same or have these messages.

If you run the vulkan renderer, the game doesn't crash and is quite playable if it wasn't for the unity mouse input lag.

So something specfic to MESA/OPENGL and ravenhearst? Mod shaders issue?

Running rx570 4GB and 24GB of ram with i5 2500k.

Also

Strawberry plant has missing texture. Verified in Steamplay/proton win32 and linux client.

Thanks again!

Edit: seems to be missing a lot of textures. EDIT2: Seems to be vulkan/unity issue, can't verify in GLcore since it crashes for me.

7daysravenmissing.thumb.jpg.ac773cc8ba72a099c69222373c95b995.jpg

Edited by Mad Professor
New content, addinfo (see edit history)

I'm having an issue, upon making a new random gen world, when I get to the make and place campfire quest of the intro.

When I place the campfire I get a slow spamming NRE.

I've tried deleting the save and restarting, same issue. I'm not sure where I can find any log information on what may be causing this to happen.

*edit* I placed a campfire from the creative menu and had no issues, it's only when I place it to complete the quest.

Edited by dvl180 (see edit history)

This is really cool. Thank you for the release and update :) Very diligent modder and Team. Below are just some thoughts on my experience with the mod thus far.

While playing last night, on day one at about noon, a tombstone appeared about 50 blocks ahead of us and a screamer emerged from it and ran straight for me...

It's been a long time since this game scared me like that. And it's only day one. In my opinion this is good. I've become too comfortable in my own play-style. The witch will keep me eyeful of my errant complacency. ;)

I'm glad the spear can be crafted on the fly. "Darkness Falls" has the right mouse set to power attack with the spear, while still maintaining hold on it. Something like a charged power-trust. The left is the usual attack. Would it be possible to implement that in Ravenhearst, albeit, coding a hotkey through a Harmony dll that when pressed, will allow the spear to be thrown like in vanilla? Both worlds = more fun? Silly question?

The personal crafting table was a shock to the system, but it became the norm after a short while. I put these things everywhere. And I hate using trash-bags so thanks for that. When I went to make frames and found out that they needed nails, I first cried blood and then applauded you guys for again routing me from my foxhole. Besides, nails are common enough on default loot settings anyway.

The extra bodies and dead animals really give a sense of unease without any zeds around. Early day one is not just quiet, there is an eerie absence of life. It just gnawed at me the whole time. So when the witch appeared, I was not prepared. I believe we need more of this uncertainty and chaos to stress the player.

Really enjoying this so far. And to the person who made the POI that's kind of a ruinous ranger lookout, with a stairs leading up on the inside, I found your trap. Thanks.

EDIT: I have just started a new world and ahead of me was a gravestone among the trees. And of course I had to approach it... I thought they spawned based on heat. Anyways, good spooky stuff :)

Edited by Necrodemus (see edit history)