Ravenhearst Mod

JaxTeller718

A bug has appeared to me when creating a military helmet and adding the mod with the flashlight.

I tried it and it didn't turn on, I guessed it would be a bug, I put on my mining helmet and the light didn't work for me either. I tried the night vision goggles and they don't work either.

Instead the motorcycle light does work.

I have the light on the letter "F", and I say, no helmet or glasses is working for me, except for the motorcycle light.

I tried to change the letter "F" for another, I have seen by Google people who have also had problems with the light and the solutions they put have not worked for me either:

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?110681-Helmet-with-light-mod-does-not-work-if-swapped-in-over-mining-helmet

Does the hull light work or not appear in a key file? by looking to see if it is disabled or something.

Does anyone know what to do?

Problem solved, or so I think. If I keep pressing the "F" with the mining helmet on, a menu appears in which I can choose the light: mining helmet or the "laser light", which I think is a mod that I have put little to the crossbow and that until now I didn't know what I was doing because I didn't see anything.

The fact is that I choose the light of the mining hull and the light appears again.

I would like to be able to make a backup of the current game, but I don't know what folders I have to save.

As I use the Mod Laucher, I see a folder inside 7D2D called "Saves" and there it is "Ravenhearst" and in two folders related to the game I have active:

- Ravenhearst 5 5 Final A17 4 Edition

- Ravenhearst 5 5 Final A17 4 EditionLocal

Would these two folders be the ones to save?

The problem has arisen because playing the console has given an error when loading a "chunk". I got an error in red. I have been able to continue playing but my base has literally erased a good part of it (it was a house that I have been modifying), leaving, in that part that has erased me, the house as it was originally.

That has meant that I lost a lot of boxes with loot, forges with a lot of material, orchards and the part of the farm that I was beginning to develop. A disaster.

Restarting obviously has not been fixed.

What I want to do is a backup every time I leave the game to prevent it from happening again. At least I will only lose what I have done at that time, nothing more.

I would like to be able to make a backup of the current game, but I don't know what folders I have to save.

As I use the Mod Laucher, I see a folder inside 7D2D called "Saves" and there it is "Ravenhearst" and in two folders related to the game I have active:

- Ravenhearst 5 5 Final A17 4 Edition

- Ravenhearst 5 5 Final A17 4 EditionLocal

Would these two folders be the ones to save?

The problem has arisen because playing the console has given an error when loading a "chunk". I got an error in red. I have been able to continue playing but my base has literally erased a good part of it (it was a house that I have been modifying), leaving, in that part that has erased me, the house as it was originally.

That has meant that I lost a lot of boxes with loot, forges with a lot of material, orchards and the part of the farm that I was beginning to develop. A disaster.

Restarting obviously has not been fixed.

What I want to do is a backup every time I leave the game to prevent it from happening again. At least I will only lose what I have done at that time, nothing more.

hi! you might need to also back up the world files in the generated worlds folder. it's kept in app data, which by default is a "hidden" folder, so you'd need to enable viewing hidden files if you haven't already.

the path should be similar to C:\Users\sindalee\AppData\Roaming\7DaysToDie. compare the contents of the mod launcher save, i have no idea if it also keeps your world in there also. if you need more mod launcher help, i'd head over to sphereii's thread for the mod launcher itself.

- - - Updated - - -

Problem solved, or so I think. If I keep pressing the "F" with the mining helmet on, a menu appears in which I can choose the light: mining helmet or the "laser light", which I think is a mod that I have put little to the crossbow and that until now I didn't know what I was doing because I didn't see anything.

The fact is that I choose the light of the mining hull and the light appears again.

yes. with the addition of lights as mods in a17, when you have multiple light sources, you need to do it the clunky way. if you only have one mod providing light, just hitting the keybind as normal triggers whichever mod it is.

• 2 weeks later...

Some teasers for the next release of RH .......

GameOptions and VideoOptions.

Weve been working hard on adding new options so that you guys can decide how to play the game your own way! These are just the start and more will be added over time.

GameOptions - These are options specific to the game and are set for all users with that game (i.e. everyone in a MP game or dedicated server)

VideoOptions - These are options that are specific to the individual user and can be turned on/off by each player (from within the main menu and within the game!)

Also a new SMX UI has been aded which imho looks awesome :slight_smile:

A18.2_2019-11-25_01-37-42.thumb.jpg.24bcf44c57d8c90d393f221ec008a860.jpg

[ATTACH=CONFIG]30737[/ATTACH]

A18.2_2019-11-25_01-37-53.thumb.jpg.a4177c34b29bfe821c2df544b67a6175.jpg

Happy Holidays .. first off

I always loved SMX .. but I for one _ not liking the new version, because it is to Hard to read For Me .. might be the black background, not sure .. but I can not use it.

Not saying it is bad, just that I can not use it. So be it.

Everyone hoping you have a great weekend.

Happy Holidays .. first off

I always loved SMX .. but I for one _ not liking the new version, because it is to Hard to read For Me .. might be the black background, not sure .. but I can not use it.

Not saying it is bad, just that I can not use it. So be it.

Everyone hoping you have a great weekend.

I can agree there. Some of our descriptions are long so i noticed that as well.

Its a moot point anyway as we have added and changed so much to progression that all my attempts to get it to work with smx havent so most likely we are keeping it as is, just the main menu will have that look. We are also looking into designing our own ui for RH.

• 2 weeks later...

I uninstalled the mod launcher and ravenhurst and re installed it after being in alpha 18 (tried after changing version back to alpha 17) and I get a weird error that states "could not read XML file ravenhurst". Is there a way around this bug or do I just have to wait for alpha 18 Ravenhearst to drop?

I uninstalled the mod launcher and ravenhurst and re installed it after being in alpha 18 (tried after changing version back to alpha 17) and I get a weird error that states "could not read XML file ravenhurst". Is there a way around this bug or do I just have to wait for alpha 18 Ravenhearst to drop?

You have to wait for RH 6 to be released. RH 5 only works with A17.

And ALWAYS use a clean, never played Vanilla game for modding.

Edited by mr.natural (see edit history)

Reinstalling RH for 17.4 as a server community i play on just wiped our RH server. Looking forward to RH for A18.

EDIT: I'm having an issue. I made a copy of 17.4 through the mod launcher, I downloaded the RH mod from the front page, installed it, and every time I try to launch the game w/o EAC it says "PreloadData is missing. It should always be there."

Then a button that says OK. I read in another post it recommend I delete the complete mod and copy, reinstall 17.4 and reinstall the mod, which I did, and it still gives the same error.

EDIT2: It does the same error if I try to launch with EAC as well.

Edited by Rizzano (see edit history)

I refresh here every night to see if there are any new updates :D

Update you say?

Current plan is to release before December 25th. The sooner the better. No concrete date just yet but its coming, and when Im 100 percent certain that its fully playable with no need for game breaking wipes or bugs it will be in your hands to play.

I apologize for the long delay this time but we feel it was worth it to ensure that we didnt release 100 hotfixes and have to wipe you guys a week in. Your time is way more valuable to us then to release in that state. Our testers have been busting tail to make sure everything is proper.

I will be posting up a full written preview in the next day or two for you guys to read. Theres a lot of additions and new mechanics for you guys to become familiar with. We have went out of our way to add journal tips for everything so that all your questions can be answered in game by reading the in game journal.

Ive been playing it and i feel like this is the most balanced version yet in terms of difficulty. It starts nice and even, a bit challenging and then slowly increases as your gamestage goes up.

With wookies amazing options for zombies and hordes he added just for you guys everyone will find the perfect way to enjoy Ravenhearst this go around. Excited for you guys to get to play it and read the responses. On top of that we have so much more planned for the future in terms of expanding and strengthening the gameplay and mechanics.

Buckle up guys, the time is soon upon us!

I'm super happy that you're waiting to release it, I wish big companies would do this (with an explanation in the news) because I'd rather have a game that plays well than a game that is released on a promised date! So thank you for doing your best to get it out as quick as possible but making sure that it is done right.

Update you say?

Current plan is to release before December 25th. The sooner the better. No concrete date just yet but its coming, and when Im 100 percent certain that its fully playable with no need for game breaking wipes or bugs it will be in your hands to play.

I apologize for the long delay this time but we feel it was worth it to ensure that we didnt release 100 hotfixes and have to wipe you guys a week in. Your time is way more valuable to us then to release in that state. Our testers have been busting tail to make sure everything is proper.

I will be posting up a full written preview in the next day or two for you guys to read. Theres a lot of additions and new mechanics for you guys to become familiar with. We have went out of our way to add journal tips for everything so that all your questions can be answered in game by reading the in game journal.

Ive been playing it and i feel like this is the most balanced version yet in terms of difficulty. It starts nice and even, a bit challenging and then slowly increases as your gamestage goes up.

With wookies amazing options for zombies and hordes he added just for you guys everyone will find the perfect way to enjoy Ravenhearst this go around. Excited for you guys to get to play it and read the responses. On top of that we have so much more planned for the future in terms of expanding and strengthening the gameplay and mechanics.

Buckle up guys, the time is soon upon us!

Thank you so much for creating this, my friends and I truly appreciate it <3

Also, even though I cannot wait for this to come out and stalk this site everyday, I do understand these things take time and I am willing to wait until you are ready to release. I am very excited to see those previews though eee

*happy dancing*

Thank you again!

Edited by alexiwing (see edit history)

Ravenhearst 6.2.0 for A18.2b5 Stable Has Been Released!

To read up on what has changed and what we are about go here

https://ravenhearst.enjin.com/home/m/47994860/article/5017181

All links have been updated. Thank you to all for your support and patience. I truly hope you enjoy this edition. We are far from done and our journey is just beginning!