Mortelentus

CLIENT / SERVER 16.0.0.25 patch

STILL ON A16.3

• underwater now can gets rid of flies and bees
  • Increase chance of finding honey in bee filled stumps
  • more seeds in cupboards.
  • Blueberry and strawberry are now fruity
  • fixed redwood tree collider
  • new bamboo model with good collider and much lighter in file size.
  • tuned bees and flies chance a bit... You want less tune it yourself in xml. I like them (Mortelentus), so they stay as they are now in standard Starvation.
  • flies sound tuned down
  • survivors workstations do not drop anything anymore when destroyed.
  • added crafting location to descriptions.
  • fixed icy farm storage downgrade to normal farm storage (might need to be tuned up or down)
  • fixed ipad icon.
  • removed skill gains from lootable books.
  • added MP7 receip. It can now be assembled/disassembled at the weapons workbench
  • fixed MP7 and KSR preview error.
  • corrected localization error of the Weapon Smith.
  • replaced lead for iron in the insulator recipe
  • for newly crafted survivor workstations, the "placement ghost" will now be visible and rotation possible.
  • another adjustment to transmorgifier, that should make light/dark smoother.
  • Stress Resistence skill has now a chance of slowly raising when a sanity hit occurs. It should be a residual, but if you stress yourself enough, should be noticeable. Please report and comment on this. Thank you.

For people playing on official servers, updates are being applied in the meanwhile.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

Hi everyone, is there any way to add this?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69799-Junction-Box-Block&highlight=junction

And that does not have problem to play ?.

Thanks and regards.

Hola a todos, hay alguna forma de aٌadir esto?

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?69799-Junction-Box-Block&highlight=junction

Y que no tenga problema a jugar?.

Gracias y saludos

Hi everyone, is there any way to add this?

And that does not have problem to play ?.

Thanks and regards.

Hola a todos, hay alguna forma de aٌadir esto?

Y que no tenga problema a jugar?.

Gracias y saludos

Funciona sin ningْn tipo de problema, simplemente aٌade los cَdigos en sus respectivos .xml y listo, un saludo!

bug report : Dogs

having the dog around is to dangerous for now so i decided to put him down and make an description as to why.

the dog frequently glitches under the player causing an collision between player and dog in which the player shoots up and down hard which causes the legs to break. causing severe hinder in any situation. this happened to me twice and i managed to record it once with shadowplay so footage is available if requested.

NEW POST .. For everyone

If you using the .. 7D2D Mod Launcher .. Your game should be FINE as long as You Play A Old or Existing Save game .. The save games are still at A 16.3 (b12)

ONLY if you start a New Game will you have issues ...... UNTIL the Modders have a chance to Update their Mod's to the New Version (A 16.4)

So hope everyone is using the Launcher.

Perdon por ponerlo en espaٌol pero mi ingles es pesimo. Estoy intentando cambiar un par de cosas en el archivo de bloques. Mi problema es que en otros mod que he probado siempre he podido cambiar cosas sin problemas, pero en este segun lo pongo y lo Dguardo cuando abro el juego desde el 7D2D se me borra el archivo y se pone como estaba al principio.

He probado entrando normal y cuando se pone a leer en bloques se queda parado y no inicia el juego.

؟Alguien que me pueda ayudar? o es que estoy haciendo algo mal. En concreto lo que quiero aٌadir es esto:

<drop event="Destroy" name="goldNugget" count="1" prob="0.02"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="silverNugget" count="1" prob="0.04"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="rawDiamond" count="1" prob="0.01"/>

Nota: lo pongo en la piedra que salga una probabilidad al minar.

Love the new labels that tell us where to craft the things that need specific workstations. One question though, some say "Smith Hammer". How do you craft something with a smith hammer? (Nail Trap) I tried the large anvil with the smith hammer as a tool, and it's not listed there.

trying to intall mod using the launcher i am still running 16.3 because I thought that is what the mod is still on but getting Wrong version continue anyway message [ATTACH=CONFIG]23129[/ATTACH]

did you select "copy from an existing copy" or "download from steam"? If you download, steam will probably download the newest version 16.4. Also, unless you have your steam version set to "only update this game when I launch it", then steam will auto update it's stored copy to 16.4 as well, even if you haven't played it.

Also not sure if it has been mentioned, but crafting and repairing the machete seems to be broken, as if I need a skill book learned in order to do so. I was able to craft the blade fine once I purchased the skill, but can't complete the final weapon in the workbench.

Edited by Delerium (see edit history)

Love the new labels that tell us where to craft the things that need specific workstations. One question though, some say "Smith Hammer". How do you craft something with a smith hammer? (Nail Trap) I tried the large anvil with the smith hammer as a tool, and it's not listed there.

Smith hammer is an NPC survivor tool I think..

How far has the zombie attack range been increased? They seem to hit from 15 ft ( in game looks that far) away.

I liked melee in the game, and it seems to be a bit in impractical now. You can run through them and circle back, but it seems a bit cheese that way.

The range was not touched. On the dedi servers there is an issue - in vanilla - where z's hit from a distance further then in SP games. Its possible that Starvation makes it more obvious, as it does some things, but this is an issue with vanilla not a Starvation issue.

- - - Updated - - -

trying to intall mod using the launcher i am still running 16.3 because I thought that is what the mod is still on but getting Wrong version continue anyway message [ATTACH=CONFIG]23129[/ATTACH]

It appears you are using the old launcher from A15. If you read the first post introducing the A16 mod you will see that you cannot use the launcher you used in A15, at least not at this time - it is being worked on. You must use Sphereii 7D2DModLauncer - which is linked on that first post. The launcher yous used for A15 will not work

Perdon por ponerlo en espaٌol pero mi ingles es pesimo. Estoy intentando cambiar un par de cosas en el archivo de bloques. Mi problema es que en otros mod que he probado siempre he podido cambiar cosas sin problemas, pero en este segun lo pongo y lo Dguardo cuando abro el juego desde el 7D2D se me borra el archivo y se pone como estaba al principio.

He probado entrando normal y cuando se pone a leer en bloques se queda parado y no inicia el juego.

؟Alguien que me pueda ayudar? o es que estoy haciendo algo mal. En concreto lo que quiero aٌadir es esto:

<drop event="Destroy" name="goldNugget" count="1" prob="0.02"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="silverNugget" count="1" prob="0.04"/>

<drop event="Destroy" name="rawDiamond" count="1" prob="0.01"/>

Nota: lo pongo en la piedra que salga una probabilidad al minar.

Prueba a poner el .xml que quieras editar en "solo lectura", en las propiedades del archivo.

Prueba a poner el .xml que quieras editar en "solo lectura", en las propiedades del archivo.

You know, if this conversation was in english, alot more people could help. Just sayin'

Smith hammer is an NPC survivor tool I think..

I thought all of the NPC survivors needed a copy of the item in order to learn and duplicate? How does that help me craft a machete?

A16.4, Starvation mod, Crafting bug report (moved from another thread)

G'day @Starvation devs

Found a bug while playing the mod, took a short vid and put it on youtube.

Bug: If you cancel the crafting of Chain and Locks you get all the materials back but the lock gets multiplied instead

of returning both at original quality. (confirmed on a new save aswell)

A link to youtube is fine right, anyways less waffle.

I hope this is of use. -muscip o7

You know, if this conversation was in english, alot more people could help. Just sayin'

I thought all of the NPC survivors needed a copy of the item in order to learn and duplicate? How does that help me craft a machete?

The machete is actually a vanilla tool, not a starvation tool and TFP changed it to be a tool made by learning the skill and no linger needing the book, so they removed the book. The problem was that they did not change it so that the game knew the book was no longer needed. Starvation fixed this in A15 by adding the book back in as a quest reward for completely the bladed weapons quest.

Once you buy the skill and read the book you can make the machete

ya i saw that , I also loaded it through the MoD Launcher and i am getting stuck on items it wont load past that , lol i wanna test the mod out looks awesome but even on our server the same error is there and it will not load keeps saying waiting on server

- - - Updated - - -

20171027180001_1.thumb.jpg.e6ba7cd301aa53418ec69ab3795e9338.jpg

G'day @Starvation devs

Found a bug while playing the mod, took a short vid and put it on youtube.

Bug: If you cancel the crafting of Chain and Locks you get all the materials back but the lock gets multiplied instead

of returning both at original quality. (confirmed on a new save aswell)

A link to youtube is fine right, anyways less waffle.

I hope this is of use. -muscip o7

Report made

The machete is actually a vanilla tool, not a starvation tool and TFP changed it to be a tool made by learning the skill and no linger needing the book, so they removed the book. The problem was that they did not change it so that the game knew the book was no longer needed. Starvation fixed this in A15 by adding the book back in as a quest reward for completely the bladed weapons quest.

Once you buy the skill and read the book you can make the machete

Ahh that makes sense. So we just need A16 Starvation to add the book back in then?

Sorry, I thought that was an survior workstation tool. Since I'm traveling and don't have the xml You will need to wait for Pam or Morte to answer.

I don't honestly know either way as I'm not at that point in my game yet. I just described what I remember about how survivors worked in A15 starvation and how it wasn't really like crafting but instead they had to be given a copy of the items to learn from before they could make more of them.

it installs files, and whatever..... starts the game, BLACK SCREEN, mouse pointer switched to 7d2d-pointer, thats it....

can only quit with alt+F4, game wont start.

if simple, or advanced...

downloaded the fzip-file that the launcher uses. made a fresh copy, put the files in, started game.... black screen.... nothing seems to work at all :(

edit: no starting sound nothing, and every time i gotta accept eac changing things on my computer.... its kinda strange (windows 8.1)

ok, besides, i deleted and reinstalled the game 3 times....

i started over and over and over again....

now guess what.

without anything changed after the felt 50000th time of starting it finally booted and i can play...

As it was posted in the original thread Starvation is not compatible with EAC. You have to turn off/disable EAC. This error is caused by EAC being on. It will work find after you turn off EAC

Maybe this is my error? I have been downloading the dedicated server files from the github page but then copying them into the same directory as the single player files? On the virtual machine I use one of our guest Steam accounts to log into steam perform the steam install of 7 dayys to die then start an unmodded 7DTD server. Then shutting it down I copy in the dedicated files from the github (with merge/replace).

Maybe what I need to be doing is using the Steamcmd to download the server and then copy the github files into that? Now that would make sense since that's how I have been doing it for my Linux virtual machines. Will try it that way after I get home from work tonight. Thank you.

You are confusing client (single player) and server files and cannot mix the two or it will break

If you want to play SP games or play with friends running the game from your computer you need to do so with the Client files. The server files are to install on a server that is set up to host people to play on it and you don't play from thsoe files - you would load up your client (local game - what you also use for single player) and connect to ther that is running the server files. The server files do not run as a program you can play from. If you did as you said and copied teh server files in over your client (sp) files then you have a major mess.

Delete all your 7DTD and just install the client from steam as yuo normally would to play a single player game or host a mp game on your local computer. Then use the launcher to make a copy of that vanilla install and let it install the client mod files there

If you are running a server in your home, you can install and configure the 7DTD server from the Library/tool section of steam and make sure that it is running correctly, has the correct ports forward and people can connect to it and that you can start your 7DTD game on your computer and connect to. Then shut down your server and copy the Starvation mod files in over your server install. Make sure you have EAC disabled in the server configuration. Then start the server. Then go to your client and start it and connect to your server.

You cannot mix the server and client (single player/mp games) files.

I mean, a 6 gig video game that has a 16 GIG mod on it is really kind of silly.

I know it says 10 gigs can be done, but thats not entirely true either.

I'd really like to try the mod, but what on earth is making is require so much Ram?

Is there any future where a less strenuous version of this mod can be enjoyed by other people besides those with beasts for computers?

This is not a 16 GB MOD LOL. The game takes an average of 8 by itself for about 8 players with the mod installed. That is not counting the OS and other apps you have to run an you would want some additional ram left for file sharing so that is why 16 is recommended. Its not silly when you understand how much is added in the way of content and models all of which have to be loaded into memory and consider that 7DTD is a heavy RAM user in it vanilla status. There is no way to make this 'less strenuous' without deleting content and mods and then it would no longer be Starvation. If you need a mod that takes less RAM you should just play one that does.