A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Can we get a bed that doesn't turn into a spawn point? During a scavaging mission, I might camp out. Starvation requires bed rest. But if you lay down a sleeping bag, it becomes a spawn point. That then deprives your base of it's anti-zed zone, so they spawn inside the base.

I can't loot "powerBookElectricity" book in game, which is needed to learn how to craft lathe and as i see this is the only one way to learn how to craft lathe because "ElecticityEnergyPerk" is removed. I checked xml files and i find out that the only way to obtain this book is to buy it from traders because is not included in any loot groups like "commonBooks" or "rareBooks" neither in whole loot.xml file. Or maybe I miss other way to learn how create lathe?

I can't loot "powerBookElectricity" book in game, which is needed to learn how to craft lathe and as i see this is the only one way to learn how to craft lathe because "ElecticityEnergyPerk" is removed. I checked xml files and i find out that the only way to obtain this book is to buy it from traders because is not included in any loot groups like "commonBooks" or "rareBooks" neither in whole loot.xml file. Or maybe I miss other way to learn how create lathe?

I looted it just fine from normal loot, had a couple of them so far or maybe I'm crazy I know I can craft a lathe but I can't place it unless I have starvation generator which requires a gauge which after wrenching 100 cars I haven't found.

It's possible I got it from the trader since I've consistently played the trader game during a16 so I always go there.

Edited by Toxleh (see edit history)

I looted it just fine from normal loot, had a couple of them so far or maybe I'm crazy I know I can craft a lathe but I can't place it unless I have starvation generator which requires a gauge which after wrenching 100 cars I haven't found.

It's possible I got it from the trader since I've consistently played the trader game during a16 so I always go there.

To place lathe (it's on lathe description):

• craft a "failure relay" and place it down.
  • Place the lathe next to the failure relay.
  • Connect electrical wire to the failure relay
  • If there is power (generator on), its display should light up (of the failure relay).
  • You can now use the lathe.

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

They created a new fridge, with a fridge bottom that must be connected to power, with a top for food. 50w power demand.

wtf. thats why it all spoils.... made the fridge and its power supply and wondered why its not working....

btw. was wondering about those rattlesnakes.

couldnt get one, after killing hundreds of them, i got ONCE a rattlesnake, well u need 2 to craft an antivenom :(

maybe that should be improved a bit?

talking about beds, maybe it should be possible to create a "permanent bed" or a "choice on beds" like interact: "ignore other bed/-rolls", "common function"

if u choose first, all newly placed bedrolls, beds will not set a new spawn point

would also help a lot considering that nice flu....

in desert... at -57m.... core temp around 20°C (roughly the temp with weathercontroll off) Zero wetness, flu.... bedroll for a min, gone, walk 5 steps, flu..... (a reason why our home got bedrolls as carpet)

Edited by Archmage105xy (see edit history)

talking about beds, maybe it should be possible to create a "permanent bed" or a "choice on beds" like interact: "ignore other bed/-rolls", "common function"

if u choose first, all newly placed bedrolls, beds will not set a new spawn point

would also help a lot considering that nice flu....

in desert... at -57m.... core temp around 20°C (roughly the temp with weathercontroll off) Zero wetness, flu.... bedroll for a min, gone, walk 5 steps, flu..... (a reason why our home got bedrolls as carpet)

I don't think we will implement complex code to change the bedroll spawn function just to address flu symptoms. Flu is a work in progress, so we will likely address any tweaks to that buff instead.

sounds fair :D just been a "hope" so TFP might realize that they need to put that into the game as well, like they took your system kind of for electricity, sure changed so its no "copy" :D

maybe u could do a tiny change to the notes though...

i have a "journal-Note-35" (twice) all it says is "35".....

thats kinda strange.

since u also implemented ores like salt, copper, zinc, maybe you could modify the journal about mining so one gets an idea where to find em?

btw. either the "crossbow" is seriously underpowered without chance to chop of limbs or the advanced that chops of limbs with roughly 99% of the shots at Q50 is slightly overpowered...

(and if i remember the other prayer i just had, ill send it your way:unconscious: )

maybe u could do a tiny change to the notes though...

i have a "journal-Note-35" (twice) all it says is "35".....

thats kinda strange.

Can i get a screenshot of this please? I'm not following, nor finding anything that might cause that.

I am playing on a buddy's server and we are not getting random spawns, als ono spawn on 7th days. What should we bew looking at to help resolve this. It was working then it just stopped.

For what we've been told it happens in vanilla too... You have a zombie that got "stuck" before he reaches you, as far as we know.

EDIT: we will still look at those reported "slow runners", see if that actually increases the chances of that occuring

Edited by Mortelentus (see edit history)

A custom HUD is being written for Starvation and should be in the next release. We may include a slightly bigger backpack in that next release, but it probably will not exceed 45 slots.

Slightly bigger would be nice ... but def food and water levels pretty please. If you can.

Man you DEV's SUCK!!! How you going to make a grown straight man decide "Should I take the Vibrator or come back for it?" Lmao!!

Also, I too have the constant sound of buzzing around me, mostly noticeably when game paused. (And no its not the vibrator, I left it :p)

OMG Thank you. I just laughed so hard ... I can't breathe. But so worth it.

Crafted the fridge and the texture looks ugly what happen to the stainless steel look it had before or has that been fixed already and i have to create a new fridge?

Also Day 16 still no rain in sight at this point i'm about to sacrifice a chicken or two for the 7dtd gods. Can anyone tell me how to change the xml file so i can increase the chances of rain.

Thanks in advance

Crafted the fridge and the texture looks ugly what happen to the stainless steel look it had before or has that been fixed already and i have to create a new fridge?

Also Day 16 still no rain in sight at this point i'm about to sacrifice a chicken or two for the 7dtd gods. Can anyone tell me how to change the xml file so i can increase the chances of rain.

Thanks in advance

It is what it is... It's made of scraped material, don't have high hopes to see it changed...

As for the rain, much depends on your biome and ... luck?

But you can take a look at biomes.xml and tweak to your liking... if you can.

ok that it.. im done.. untill a update with less zompies..

it day 2.. I run to the air drop.. when i got there.. 1 boss spawn 3 zompies.. ( 2 running ) and dogs.. in day 2.. no no.. that just not fun or playable at all.. :( the animals are fine.. but the zompies just kill the fun in the game.. :(

normal the Stavation mod is the best mod i know.. but now its just not fun at all..

i even try to kill them in cheat mode.. take over 10 bullet.. for a zompie in the head.. and my game is only on normad :)

hope for a better update.. :)

Yes, the zombie boss horde on the airdrop .... that was ... special. I will never go for another airdrop again. :D And that's not counting the killer bees in the stumps, and the flies in the trash ... I'm waiting for cops to show up in the cars. Spiders everywhere. Tigers in the desert. Crocodiles in the water. It's ... adventuresome. :jaded:

Great tip. I use the "run and bop" technique and pretty much never get hit unless im out of stamina or get cornered carelessly. Run and bop means run at your target zombie and time your swing so it lands right before you pass "through" the target. Run a little past the zombie, turn, and repeat till its down, then 1 or 2 head hits while its down finishes it. Zombies have a swing delay so you will never get hit doing this. Standing still in combat without a spear is dangerous.

Note to self: Randomize Zombie swing delay in transmorgifier at some point if folks says the mod is getting too easy...:smile-new:

Note to self: Tie the tongue of anyone who mentions the mod is too easy into a bow. :D

We have not looked at A16.4 yet, but I doubt all of our custom code would work against a different binary without at least some issue. Give it a try and let us know how that works out. We only build against stable versions of the game.

Hmm, been trying to test but after installing the Starvation Mod on top of Alpha 16.4 experimental the game top left says Alpha 16.3 (b12) again so not sure what version I am actually playing with. :distrust:

If it is 16.4 (b8) so far I not seen any immediate issue, that to report.

For fun I will keep playing/testing and let you know.

Hmm, been trying to test but after installing the Starvation Mod on top of Alpha 16.4 experimental the game top left says Alpha 16.3 (b12) again so not sure what version I am actually playing with. :distrust:

If it is 16.4 (b8) so far I not seen any immediate issue, that to report.

For fun I will keep playing/testing and let you know.

Starvation replaces some dlls with the modified ones. Modified ones were compiled over 16.3. So it will always be basically A16.3, with some possibility of something breaking with mismatching files :)

before i forgot, there is one more "tiny" problem..... SNAKES, well a15 u could sneak up behind em and catch em with a stone axe.

Now, when u get closer than 3 squares they turn around chasing you. U can only kill em and get an animal hide.

How are we supposed to fetch a rattlesnake to squeeze the poison for snake-antidote?

One idea, not all birds nest are "birds-nests" some may have snake eggs inside. U can hatch them and use the snake (maybe a few times) for crafting snake-venom

I agree. The snakes are WAY too aggressive and fast. I know some other posts you've said you're looking at this. Maybe you can just slow the snakes down a little, and maybe up the chance of them dropping a snake body ... more like at least 50% chance ... maybe 75% chance. Because I mean really ... if you kill a snake you're going to have a snake body. It might be a bit mangled, depending on how you killed it ... but there will be a snake body there. Maybe make it so they don't provide meat or hide or whatever ... but only provide dead snake bodies.

It is what it is... It's made of scraped material, don't have high hopes to see it changed...

As for the rain, much depends on your biome and ... luck?

But you can take a look at biomes.xml and tweak to your liking... if you can.

Can you maybe add so we can paint it? Yes, I know it's the end of the world, and all that ... but there's no reason we can have pretty stuff. :D

Also ... is there anyway to add the PaintAllSides function from creative to the base game?

I am playing on a buddy's server and we are not getting random spawns, als ono spawn on 7th days. What should we bew looking at to help resolve this. It was working then it just stopped.

You will need to post a link to the server log for us to have any idea what happened.