A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

nice. btw. the glass&ceramic station uses a strange item....

the Tool&Die Set can be placed into, just no recipes use it ;)

and if i may add a tiny prayer.... so much wood, why cant one turn it into coal like one does all the time at a campfire?

That workstation is new and a work in progress, just like the entire mod. Its not finished, I just made it and moved the existing glass and the one problematic porcelain item to it. I tossed the tool and die set in there as a placeholder. I plan to make custom tools when I have time, setting it up like the cooking station.

All in due time, lately work is getting in the way of modding.

Thats a good idea for a recipe,..thanks!

Hi

Just some feedback.

I love the challenge your mod brings, but in my opinion no groups of enemies should ever in any game or mod just spawn on top of you out of nowhere. Referring to the airdrop and car alarm spawn triggers. One should always have a reasonable chance to survive a encounter with enough experience. Spawning a horde right on top of a player is not challenging, it's taking a bit too far.

Hi

Just some feedback.

I love the challenge your mod brings, but in my opinion no groups of enemies should ever in any game or mod just spawn on top of you out of nowhere. Referring to the airdrop and car alarm spawn triggers. One should always have a reasonable chance to survive a encounter with enough experience. Spawning a horde right on top of a player is not challenging, it's taking a bit too far.

Good feedback. Maybe we should have them spawn a bit further away now that the zeds are faster.

We will discuss. Thanks!

Also, I'm not sure how others are feeling about the balance progression of their game, but for me there is a considerable slowdown in the new version with the quest "Fight the plague 4/7" where it requires you to craft a chemistry station. To unlock that, you need to be level 60 and purchase level 7 in science before you can even unlock the recipe for the chemistry station. That's quite a huge leap just to make some pesticide if you ask me. I never use the stuff anyway because I don't really see it make much difference, so the only purpose was to continue the quest line. Perhaps it's just me though.

Edit:

Wanted to also add that when I started my game up today, my pigs that I had tamed and put in a pen de-spawned even though they had a trough with animal feed in the pen. Was I supposed to do something to keep them around?

Edited by Delerium (see edit history)

Also, I'm not sure how others are feeling about the balance progression of their game, but for me there is a considerable slowdown in the new version with the quest "Fight the plague 4/7" where it requires you to craft a chemistry station. To unlock that, you need to be level 60 and purchase level 7 in science before you can even unlock the recipe for the chemistry station. That's quite a huge leap just to make some pesticide if you ask me. I never use the stuff anyway because I don't really see it make much difference, so the only purpose was to continue the quest line. Perhaps it's just me though.

Edit:

Wanted to also add that when I started my game up today, my pigs that I had tamed and put in a pen de-spawned even though they had a trough with animal feed in the pen. Was I supposed to do something to keep them around?

You make a good point on the quest. We will discuss options for that progression.

Can you provide more data on the missing pigs? Were they enclosed on all sides at least 3 blocks high? Was this Sp, MP, or Dedi?

You make a good point on the quest. We will discuss options for that progression.

Can you provide more data on the missing pigs? Were they enclosed on all sides at least 3 blocks high? Was this Sp, MP, or Dedi?

They were enclosed in a pen on all sides 2 blocks high, inside my enclosed house with all the doors shut. it was SP

Edit, I think I may have left a door open. I just didn't know they could get out of a 2 block high fence. perhaps that is what happened. I just raised the wall height to 3 and put new animals in there. I'll post again if they disappear.

Edited by Delerium (see edit history)

If they find an opening they will be gone in a flash. I opened a door on my rooftop pen to quickly enter, and 2 pigs ran past me to suicide off the skyscraper roof. Now i use double doors and 3 block high walls. No more problems. Oh, i had 1 climb up a 10 block ladder to try to escape, but she couldnt go past that next closed room. :02.47-tranquillity:

If they find an opening they will be gone in a flash. I opened a door on my rooftop pen to quickly enter, and 2 pigs ran past me to suicide off the skyscraper roof. Now i use double doors and 3 block high walls. No more problems. Oh, i had 1 climb up a 10 block ladder to try to escape, but she couldnt go past that next closed room. :02.47-tranquillity:

Wow, feisty buggers! I'll keep that in mind. Also related, I found out that you can level up husbandry by whacking anything with the whip, living, dead, animal, mineral, vegetable. Not sure if this is intended or not, possibly so considering how hard it is to level it otherwise. Anyway, figured I should report it if it's indeed a bug.

Just downloaded stavation, find a great place that has a underground base through the well. Finally break through 8000 steel door with my 25 strength axe, killed what I thought was sleepers to find out I just killed my Scientist and 2 other guys that where supposed to help my colony.

face palm, wish I read that there was colonies. oh well restart

I am having little bit of the problem. I can still hear the sound from the flies/bees constantly even though I took the flies and bees away from the blocks and buffs. Is there any way to disable that sound file, cause it is irritating as hell! :-(

The sound is attached to the bee and flies particle. It is also attached to the trashbag that has the 3 flies flying around it. The sound issue "seemed" to be related to the trashbags only, which were removed and replaced with a different vanilla trashbag last patch. Are you running the latest version of the mod?

- - - Updated - - -

Once installed with the launcher and played once, you can run the game directly from the install directory as in vanilla. Once it stars, chooose a multiplayer game, not single player.

- - - Updated - - -

Could we technically play this mod with 16.4 experimental ? - I understand you would not have looked at it in great detail and so wouldn't be any support.

The fixed POI spawns ( revision 8 ) are a must have I feel in my game.

We have not looked at A16.4 yet, but I doubt all of our custom code would work against a different binary without at least some issue. Give it a try and let us know how that works out. We only build against stable versions of the game.

Just downloaded stavation, find a great place that has a underground base through the well. Finally break through 8000 steel door with my 25 strength axe, killed what I thought was sleepers to find out I just killed my Scientist and 2 other guys that where supposed to help my colony.

face palm, wish I read that there was colonies. oh well restart

Interesting, were any dressed as firemen? I found a similar sounding one last night, and there was 3 fireman zeds there.

ok good to know,

there seems to be a tiny problem with plastic/rubber as well

some items u can scrap for "scrap rubber", but u can not use it anymore for anything, neither to make new rubber, nor melt it for plastics.

and for the coal recipe, dont make it to much coal for wood, at least a change of 10 wood for 1 coal or even less. u burn a lot if u use an open fire. but a (dunno the english word) "coal-oven" could efficiently craft coal from wood. would be like a simple cobbelstone-oven for like 10:1 instead of 20:1 for example.

Edited by Archmage105xy (see edit history)

before i forgot, there is one more "tiny" problem..... SNAKES, well a15 u could sneak up behind em and catch em with a stone axe.

Now, when u get closer than 3 squares they turn around chasing you. U can only kill em and get an animal hide.

How are we supposed to fetch a rattlesnake to squeeze the poison for snake-antidote?

One idea, not all birds nest are "birds-nests" some may have snake eggs inside. U can hatch them and use the snake (maybe a few times) for crafting snake-venom

Are they going back to the other launcher they had?

The old launcher is being worked on, and may become an option at some point. But the plan remains to continue using the 7D2D launcher as well, as that is the default launcher standard for 7D2D at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

FYI Item 649 (Smith Station), the text says "Storage bos". I assume it supposed to be "Storage Box"?

Version 16.0.0.24

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

ok good to know,

there seems to be a tiny problem with plastic/rubber as well

some items u can scrap for "scrap rubber", but u can not use it anymore for anything, neither to make new rubber, nor melt it for plastics.

and for the coal recipe, dont make it to much coal for wood, at least a change of 10 wood for 1 coal or even less. u burn a lot if u use an open fire. but a (dunno the english word) "coal-oven" could efficiently craft coal from wood. would be like a simple cobbelstone-oven for like 10:1 instead of 20:1 for example.

There will be future uses for scrap rubber, but thanks for pointing it out. Again, the game is a work in progress.....:smile-new:

1. I'm guessing bad luck... Me on the other hand, collapsed my suspended farm cause I didn't enclose my rain collectors properly :)

2. Gauges are rare loot. So yes, they relate in some way to scavenging.

I've collapsed 1 or 2 farms in my day too, it sucks especially when it's fertilized all the way.

This means we are going to have to wait for rain or is there a way to modify the xml to make it rain more cause right now playing on 120 min for 13+ days it hasn't rained and i'm sure the desert gets more rain than us.

The old launcher is being worked on, and may become an option at some point. But the plan remains to continue using the 7D2D launcher as well, as that is the default launcher standard for 7D2D at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks

- - - Updated - - -

There will be future uses for scrap rubber, but thanks for pointing it out. Again, the game is a work in progress.....:smile-new:

good job, we will have many nightmares again,

in my opinion the old launcher was very good you could see the guides and also the developers wrote that new things put

we all know its a game in progress. but tiny errors should also be pointed at.

here is the next....

MP7.... i found it, could assemble it in my inventory.

Result: ammo into backpack, MP7 lost health like i repaired it. game send a red message at console (forgot to write it down) didnt needed the ammo-workbench for that