A16 - STARVATION Mod for A16

Mortelentus

Maybe this is my error? I have been downloading the dedicated server files from the github page but then copying them into the same directory as the single player files? On the virtual machine I use one of our guest Steam accounts to log into steam perform the steam install of 7 dayys to die then start an unmodded 7DTD server. Then shutting it down I copy in the dedicated files from the github (with merge/replace).

Maybe what I need to be doing is using the Steamcmd to download the server and then copy the github files into that? Now that would make sense since that's how I have been doing it for my Linux virtual machines. Will try it that way after I get home from work tonight. Thank you.

Your on the right track. Take a look at the Dedicated server install guide I just put together and let me know if it was clear enough for you to get your dedi up and running.

https://7d2dsdx.github.io/Tutorials/DedicatedStarvationDedicatedServerInstallGuide.pdf

If you have questions, please let me know. GoodLuck!

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

Love the mod guys like most have been waiting for it since a16 was released.

Few issues so far, even with machete blade crafting unlocked the repair and creation of the machete is locked behind a quest. And if I remember correctly it's the bladed weapons kills quest but that quest doesn't exist unless it's in paper form or I'm missing something.

Also are your mod specific zombies and bosses in the game? Went through two horde nights now without any bosses, or will they only come during later game stages.

Few issues so far, even with machete blade crafting unlocked the repair and creation of the machete is locked behind a quest. And if I remember correctly it's the bladed weapons kills quest but that quest doesn't exist unless it's in paper form or I'm missing something.

Also are your mod specific zombies and bosses in the game? Went through two horde nights now without any bosses, or will they only come during later game stages.

Yes they are in game. Some are poi bound, and others come later at higher gamestages.

why we can not change data in XML files in Starvation, please. I play alone at home with more than 2000 hours of play. Sorry for my english, I'm french.

You have two choices:

1) Edit the files under TempMods, and disable the Refresh Automatically, and press Play in the Mod Launcher

2) After your first time playing, you can make changes, and run the 7daystodie.exe under your C:\7D2D\StarvationTeam\StarvationMod16 folder, without using the mod launcher.

You will miss any fixes or updates, however.

XML files

why we can not change data in XML files in Starvation, please. I play alone at home with more than 2000 hours of play. Sorry for my english, I'm french.

- - - Updated - - -

sorry for 2 post... bug.

Thanx ! That s an information I can life with. Is there an approximate duration how long it will take ?

I have no idea when this will happen - its high on the priority list so I hope soon There are a number of Linux users that are already up and running using the windows files and maybe one will post and let you know how they did it. You might want to check with sphereii (launcher dev) he has told me last week that it shoudl work with just the windows files so he might have an idea of how to get it working.

You get the recipe when you complete the 4th step of the bladed weapons training quest.

After installing 7d2d launcher and StarvMod per instructions.. What could possibly cause the game only to start in Vanilla? I seen someone in discord had this issue but I didnt make it back to see if it got resolved. any suggestions appreciated.

Are you starting it through the launcher or through steam? If you 'play mod' through the launcher it should run the exe in the destination directory that you set for it to install the game into. If you start it through steam - where you start vanilla it will start vanilla because the mod does not get installed to vanilla folder. You can also go to the destination directory you have the launcher install the copy of the game and the mod to and start it by running the .exe there.

If the main post would have said the step one about installing the vanilla server game and

then paste starvation server files over, that would clear a lot of things.

Those steps should be in the main post IMO.

Actually, the instructions that Morte gave you to copy the server files for the mod over your 7DTD server files should have been all that was necessary. As Morte said - if you don't know how to copy and paste the server mod files over your server files, maybe beinga server admin is not for you. It did not need anymore instructions then than what Morte posted.

If the main post would have said the step one about installing the vanilla server game and

then paste starvation server files over, that would clear a lot of things.

Those steps should be in the main post IMO.

I thought your feedback was good. Many folks need more help getting started with setting up a 7D2D server. I drafted up a beginners install guide to help those folks get started. It uses Starvation as an example, but you can follow it to setup any mod onto the 7D2D dedi install. You will find that now listed on our Tutorial website:

https://7d2dsdx.github.io/Tutorials/DedicatedStarvationDedicatedServerInstallGuide.pdf

I hope this helps. Thanks for your feedback.

Edited by xyth (see edit history)

I request any help offered for running the mod

soooooo I know I am new to this thread and noone knows me around but I have been here since starvation mod A15. the launcher was not expected but great at the same time....now when I use that new mod launcher it shows that the mod is downloaded but when I run the game it shows like if there was no mod.....please if u want to help me in this add me on steam : NeedNone414 because I wont be able to be online all the time on the thread and also teamviewer may be needed.....I still dont know what is the problem yet....hope you guys help me fast

sooo I have tried the way where I download the mod then click on Test Mod Sync....task manager shows that 7D2D mod launcher using some down speed but small amount..........I want to be honest...........my hands are tied and I dont know what to do

In the Mod Launcher, you can check the Direct Download, and see if that improves your download speed. Some countries appear to be hard hit for github downloads.

The mod is 700 megs compressed. It takes a very long time to download. It might be best if you do a direct download and install it that way if you cannot get the launcher to maintain a connection long enough to finish the download then start the game up.

is it going to stay like this for a long time? I know it is downloading but slow speed my task manager shows a very small speed (0.2mbps) I will leave it for 1 more hour and see what happens ( it has been on for 1 hour 30 mins)...till the next update/patch for the mod will this problem be fixed? I live in middle east so I can help you with the info of the countries having problem with it. @sphereii there is nothing showing the download speed as it is still on "test mod sync" and I feel it had downloaded much soooo I will be making cancelling the sync my last resort

is it going to stay like this for a long time? I know it is downloading but slow speed my task manager shows a very small speed (0.2mbps) I will leave it for 1 more hour and see what happens ( it has been on for 1 hour 30 mins)...till the next update/patch for the mod will this problem be fixed? I live in middle east so I can help you with the info of the countries having problem with it. @sphereii there is nothing showing the download speed as it is still on "test mod sync" and I feel it had downloaded much soooo I will be making cancelling the sync my last resort

Unfortunately, the API doesn't have a speed or progress indicator available. It's because it does not know how much it needs to download. We have noticed some Europeans having really slow speeds through the download.

I believe one person went to a local hot spot, that was with another internet provider, and they were able to download much faster.