Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

Oi, I take that personally! :smile-new:

I'm guessing you're a dwarf based on your name. This morning I was making a character for my next campaign, and I almost made a dwarf battlerager since I loved Thibbledorf Pwent in the Drizzt novels. I ended up going with and elf bladesinger, though. Sometimes I wish they would let me play 2 characters...

If any of the devs are able to answer, will more of the buff system be exposed in xml for alpha 17?

Specifically, I wanted to make an AOE buff, but I saw this comment in the buffs.xml file "Campfire AOE. Hardcoded. You can not define new AOE effects."

I had wanted to make an air conditioner buff that has the opposite effect as the campfire, cool down by X number of degrees within Y number of blocks. I was going to have the AC block capable of being hooked into electricity and turned on. Will this be possible in the future?

- - - Updated - - -

Shoot. What I would like to see is the player being able to use both hands.

Such as holding a torch in one hand and use a weapon with the other.

It's hard to fight what you can't see.

For a while I got in the habit of using a torch as a weapon at night. Sometimes I got lucky and lit them on fire, but usually I just end up getting killed.

Dear Sirs.

Since you confir the existence of two camouflages, one green and another with leather

I wondering if or when you will place:

The Radio transmiter

The ship containers

The motocross motorcicle for two players

The buggy for two players

The armoured upgradable for buggy

The machine gun or minigum on the roof of the buggy

The minigun

the piping water system that drives water from lakes or river to the base

The water colector

The White Van Like the A-Team but white coloured

The scubba suit

The oxigen tanks

The new lamp bove the wood table on the last video 26-03-2017, but a little big bigger for a better scouting throu the river and beneath

The Cargo elevator for vehicles

The small elevator for players

The tiny elevator ( food elevator)

The bus to drive

The caravan to drive

The Semi Truck - American semi truck

The hilness for players, cold, fever, new types of infections, venon

Fishes and mutant fishes

New perks for water terrain

Fishing and shark fishing

worms on terrain

New painting vehicles

rats and new sewer system on underground system

Ambulance van to drive

Tank to drive

Build ammo for tank

The little airplane similar to cessna

Maybe jetpack

New packs to add on players

More vegetables inserted on game: tomato, potatoes, carrots

If player doesn't have camouflage any of the two camouflages he can place mud near the lake or river because zombies will be more smarter

If not submarine sinked so it will be a sinked big boat baneath the lake or river

Plase confirm mysuggestions if you please,

Keep up the good work and my sorry to be a spoiler alert :D

Greeting from Portugal :D

So about this list......

- - - Updated - - -

All this talk about NPC and Skyrim etc, and Im sitting here thinking "Man if they could JUST copy the AI from the game Subsistence that would be good enough for me honestly".

I mean they aren't the best NPCs but it beats what we have in game now, and it is VERY fun attacking their bases. Someone needs to take a look at that and gain some inspiration. If only to watch what the NPCs would BUILD in 7 days :D

I'm guessing you're a dwarf based on your name. This morning I was making a character for my next campaign, and I almost made a dwarf battlerager since I loved Thibbledorf Pwent in the Drizzt novels. I ended up going with and elf bladesinger, though. Sometimes I wish they would let me play 2 characters...

Actually my favorite character was a classic "good ole boy" type except he was a dual class rogue/ranger with the dual wielding specialty as opposed to ranged combat. I once double backstabbed a crown prince which was an insta-kill while criting my stealth attack check. Still being hidden, I was able to rob the body, (many many MANY valuables) kill a royal guard, (at this point the DM was in hysterics) and frame the dead guard for the murder, thus collecting the reward for "catching the killer" as well as the reward for returning some heirlooms (which had a surprising low street value anyway).

I would like to note that this wonderful tale took place over a few minutes of "in-game" time and happened while the royal court was feasting with a few hundred guests. I am now permanently banned from playing rogues as a result of this. :tickled_pink:

"Man if they could JUST copy the AI from the game *Subsistence* that would be good enough for me honestly"

Subsistence is on my short list when I take a break from 7dtd. One dude, pretty amazing. Remind me to send him money again.

Did you see the video on the new NPC dialogue system? Traders are NPC's. Really limited NPC's but that doesn't mean they are not NPC's. The new quest system, the new dialogue system, and the work on the AI ALL point to a) the Traders being easily made into more robust NPC 's and 2) non-trader NPC's being easier to add in since more of their systems are working now.

You seem to really hate this game and the company that made it. Yet, here you are posting in their Forums and I'm assuming you have quite a few hours played. Did TFP kill your puppy too? Is that why your default tone in the Forum is indignation?

Yes. If the traders get their dialogue system, then they are NPC's. But we don't know if this system will be implemented in A17. So for now, with how the traders are implemented in A16, they cannot be classified as NPC's.

I do not hate the game or its creators. I give positive and negative feedback. Since you brought up puppy's; sometimes it's good to remind puppy's of their bad behavior, so that they can distinguish it from their good behaviour. Some people on the other hand can only see good behaviour. A puppy chewing up your shoes? It's good for its teeth!

There is a limited number of ways to say "no".

lol. You could not leave that alone could you Gazz. You must be bored... ;)

You know, this may be the first time I ever understood you and I don't mean this video which was very funny. Thanks. :)

No, what the problem was is that when I asked no one would answer my question. I though that it was missed. So I asked again. Still nothing. I finally stop asking and then after I stop. I get a response asking if I changed color. -shakes head-.

lol. You could not leave that alone could you Gazz. You must be bored... ;)

You know, this may be the first time I ever understood you and I don't mean this video which was very funny. Thanks. :)

No, what the problem was is that when I asked no one would answer my question. I though that it was missed. So I asked again. Still nothing. I finally stop asking and then after I stop. I get a response asking if I changed color. -shakes head-.

Sometimes u only get attention to your question if at first you throw in thinly veiled disses. Ruffle up Rolands feathers a bit, then u backpedal after he rages, then you pretend he has some good arguements and finally you get the answers you were looking for.

Its a process but it works ;)

Sometimes u only get attention to your question if at first you throw in thinly veiled disses. Ruffle up Rolands feathers a bit, then u backpedal after he rages, then you pretend he has some good arguements and finally you get the answers you were looking for.

lol. Thanks I will keep that in mind.

Hehe, that's a good strategy, but I think I got an even better one. Look.

Roland! Roland! Math s*cks!

So i wanted to ask if we can still assemble and disassemble guns?

As far as I know, there will be only full guns (no parts) in A17 (or should I wrote B1?). But you will be able to attach different mods.

Assembly will be the act of adding and/or removing mods to/from a gun. But there won't be parts anymore, so you can't disassemble a weapon to a non-working state.

nope

no more gun parts

Lol, madmold said you will be able to craft gunparts, probably never loot one again though. So they are still in, kinda.

I'm kinda sad for removing gun parts so.... I had idea! What if gun locks after assembling and gun parts dissapear and then you just add upgrades and etc? also you could combine fully assembled weapons to improve their quality.

- - - Updated - - -

Can someone find a witty meme or gif please?

Srry madmole

https://pre00.deviantart.net/5dd8/th/pre/i/2015/242/a/8/mad_mold_logo_by_motorhed-d97ts8h.png

Archived