Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

for some reason buying the game early and getting to be involved in (or at least observing) the creative process leads some people to expecting they should somehow be in control of that process. /boggle

They are in control of how they choose to feel about it. ;)

On a serious note, though, quite a lot of user feedback (and bug reports/fixes!) have come by way of the forum so this is definitely not a one way road.

And what IF A17 were a beta? Technically that would mean a content lock but TFP are more flexible than that so at best it would be an alpheta.

Then there is the issue that there is no specific time frame for how long an alpheta can last. It could be B17, B18, B19 and so on.

This is all fighting over one word that doesn't even mean anything special here! This is also why no one is seeing this as a problem that needs to be adressed...

Could you add Alpheta Cheese as a food item to the game? Please?

I'll have to ask for a Bucket Of Salt emote.

Joking aside, I think a lot of us are so comfortable with one another that it's easy for US to see the sarcarsm, salt, jokes, whatever it is you want to call it, so we're more comfortable being sarcastic, funny, and salty, which doesn't help the "newer" members.

<shrug>

Guppy's 2 cents.

Yeh, that part I don't get either; but nevertheless, the confusion is there and the people are speaking their minds, which... is the entire point of a forum, Maharin. =)

Whatever. Not like you sit back and assert your opinion as fact or anything. :p

(still not seeing the people who are expecting to be in control of the process...)

Have you even read the threads on underground bases?

Whatever. Not like you sit back and assert your opinion as fact or anything. :p

I make it a point to be as non committal to an issue as I can possibly be, unless it's an issue I'm absolutely committed to, and even then I reserve the right to do a 180. lol

re: controllers

Those people are arguing against each other, not against the pimps. I do see that as a distinct difference. Don't get me wrong, there have been a fair share of people who think they "know better" than the devs and who think the game project management should be run a specific way (not to be confused by those who think it's not being run well), but those guys are few and far between.

- - - Updated - - -

Around here Guppy's opinion is lore, not fact. =)

I am always right though, even when I'm wrong, so there's that. =)

Joking aside, I think a lot of us are so comfortable with one another that it's easy for US to see the sarcarsm, salt, jokes, whatever it is you want to call it, so we're more comfortable being sarcastic, funny, and salty, which doesn't help the "newer" members.

<shrug>

Guppy's 2 cents.

Agreed... not being thinned skinned should be a prerequisite to using the Internet. It would be a much more civil place... well, less hostile at least.

Minibike is already random to do circles counter-clock-wise almost as perfect as a zombie circle.

but on a more serious note :)

apparently people are not paying attention while in game... i recently found a clue that MM has met an unfortunate turn for the worst whilst eating beard...

https://i.imgur.com/94XpV51.jpg

LMAO nice... Wish we could add our own tombstones with custom words.

*yawn*

I just woke up from the three day weekend. Here’s what I see:

People claim they want Madmole to post speculatively like he used to but they still show that they can’t handle it whenever he does.

Madmole broke his rule and showed the copter and speculates it might not make A17. Madmole also speculates that we may be at beta by time A17 releases.

Forum erupts with people upset over what it all means.

I've read them all. Hell, I argued in most of them. I don't recall people expecting to be in control. Being assertive in your own wants for the game is not the same thing. I do remember a lot of people claiming others were trying to assert control over their game play but that isn't the same thing.

yeah at least we have wooden signs that we can write some text on for now, that was a start.

in Rust we had a mod that would let you load a 32bit image on signs. that made for cool effects like adding sponsor logos to venues like an arena for PVP but also kids adding lots of ♥♥♥♥♥ pics making the life of an admin LOL and a pain. luckily all the images are in one folder so we could go and replace them all with a picture of Mother Theresa or something like that.

LMAO nice... Wish we could add our own tombstones with custom words.

I have one for Pacco in the medieval mod I've been working on. So it's doable, it's just a question of how easy it is to do. :)

For that texture, you'd need to dynamically create the texture, the normal map, the specular map, the occlusion map, the ... etc, well you get the idea, on the fly, to allow for it to be something like an xml edit. Unless you went the 1x3 sign route, but that would look horrible.

- - - Updated - - -

*yawn*

I just woke up from the three day weekend. Here’s what I see:

People claim they want Madmole to post speculatively like he used to but they still show that they can’t handle it whenever he does.

Madmole broke his rule and showed the copter and speculates it might not make A17. Madmole also speculates that we may be at beta by time A17 releases.

But are they the SAME people...

(still not seeing the people who are expecting to be in control of the process...)

"There is a point, where there is no point". Roland would probably call it an inflection point, but I digress. Last few days, people have decided to wallow in trivia: What will A17 be called even though its called Alpha 17...

Edit: Maybe Roland developed an allergy to a specific allergen spreading through the forum like the plague: Cockamamie.

I've read them all. Hell, I argued in most of them. I don't recall people expecting to be in control. Being assertive in your own wants for the game is not the same thing. I do remember a lot of people claiming others were trying to assert control over their game play but that isn't the same thing.

If someone makes a demand then they're asserting control. There were a whole lot of demands on both sides of most of those threads.

I'm not arguing against stating an opinion, even forcefully so. But the minute someone digs in and refuses to acknowledge that other opinions are possible (or even possibly right) is when it stops being a discussion. Never argue with a zealot and all that.

- - - Updated - - -

But are they the SAME people...

Release notes via private messages confirmed for Alpheta18?

I'm not arguing against stating an opinion, even forcefully so. But the minute someone digs in and refuses to acknowledge that other opinions are possible (or even possibly right) is when it stops being a discussion. Never argue with a zealot and all that.

Oh well, that's in every discussion with everybody everywhere, every time... I thought you were talking specifically about something that had happened here. Carry on then. :)

I acknowledge your incorrect opinion and non forcibly say I disagree with you. ;-)

- - - Updated - - -

"There is a point, where there is no point". Roland would probably call it an inflection point, but I digress. Last few days, people have decided to wallow in trivia: What will A17 be called even though its called Alpha 17...

Give 'em something else to wallow in.

Nothing new to see here, it is what it always has been.

Oh well, that's in every discussion with everybody everywhere, every time... I thought you were talking specifically about something that had happened here. Carry on then. :)

Not everywhere and not every time. Just certain people, for the most part.

Even though you joke about being always right you will still debate while trying to understand where the other person is coming from. We actually have a higher percentage of people here in that category than most message boards I've been on.

I won't go so far as to say we're a mature group but we're still a respectful group for the most part.

Can't we just ignore those people and carry on?

Developers and moderators are allowed to change their minds, they are even allowed to make mistakes and we don't need to address anyone who disagrees.

Give 'em something else to wallow in.

Nothing new to see here, it is what it always has been.

Hmm, a noble idea. I have always wanted a leader board. This would give some Youtuber's some "street cred" if they were in the top 100 or top 10 definitely.

-Zombie kills should be important and that would silence the call for any crazy stuff for the underground folks (I do want some good threats down under though)

-Maybe number of POI's explored and extra points for clearing larger POI's

Any other ideas before Roland makes it a new thread? :)

Bunny kill count confirmed for Alpheta17? :p

I think that's probably the least killed animal in the game, though. If you're going to be reincarnated as an animal in 7DTD a bunny would be the wisest choice. I've easily found more dead next to a cactus than I've killed.

If someone makes a demand then they're asserting control. There were a whole lot of demands on both sides of most of those threads.

I honestly don't remember people making demands. Maybe we just have different definitions of that word.

Bunny kill count confirmed for Alpheta17? :p

I think that's probably the least killed animal in the game, though. If you're going to be reincarnated as an animal in 7DTD a bunny would be the wisest choice. I've easily found more dead next to a cactus than I've killed.

Hey! That's a good idea! Its just about the hardest thing for me to do (pre crossbow/firearms). So Bunny MELEE kills! OMG that would be interesting how some people do that. I will gladly pay them some Dukes, for that information today. :)

Archived