Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

Roland

Developer Discussions: Alpha 17  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Developer Discussions: Alpha 17

• Newly Updated
    • Check out the newest reveals by Madmole
    • Over 100 new perk books with set collecting and bonuses

1... I strongly Advise you to see how empyrion has their blocks configured.... we would only need to craft one block then right click to select shape.... this would simplify crafting...

2... I also like their texture and paint tool options might be worth a look....

3... More paints and textures

4... Statues

5... One more bladed weapon

6... Harvesters for vegetation (maybe something Electric)

7... Better lights

8... Lower torch heat

9... A look at water physics

Make a way to see all the read books. Or when buying books from the trader we should see if we have already read this book. When playing on couple of servers it is hard to track the progression.

I'm pretty sure it already says "KNOWN" in the description of the schematic/books if you have read them.

I'd really like to see a gas powered jackhammer for stone and metal, and keep the auger just for dirt and gravel. It always bugged me how an auger in this game is effective against rock and iron. I know there's a difference between a game and real life, but still it doesn't make any sense, you might as well be using a shovel to bust up a boulder.

We have separate tools for dirt and rocks for stone, iron, and steel tier tools. It only makes sense that there be a different one for power tools as well. Hell, you could even use the same hold type and animations as the auger if you just remodel it.

Speaking of building blocks and gravel. What I would love to see it a better meshing of the two. When I look around and see were blocks join the ground. They don't mesh right. It looks terrible.

Games like Empyriom do a much better job at this.

Speaking of building blocks and gravel. What I would love to see it a better meshing of the two. When I look around and see were blocks join the ground. They don't mesh right. It looks terrible.

Games like Empyriom do a much better job at this.

Would love for ground blocks to snap to normal blocks like they should. If they're generated properly then why don't they snap when placed by a player?

One thing I'd love is upgraded machines that you can use for crafting. For example, a powered forge which is made using steel, some electrical components, which could smelt and craft at 2x the normal rate. A powered workbench to upgrade items more effectively and craft faster. Also, a powered oven, and a powered fridge to preserve meat and other food.

I'd also love to see automation, i.e. you could feed one electric forge with brass & clay from a piping system, which would output bullet casings. Another is fed with lead & clay for bullet tips, and an advanced chem station is fed with coal and nitrate. These auto-craft and auto-output to an electric workbench that can craft the rounds you want... and maybe have THAT system auto-feed to a turret's ammo supply. Make these advanced machines multiblock structures as well, so getting to automation is expensive, but worth it when you finally get that system. It could even start off really simple, like making a fluid pipe to a nearby water source or rain collector to filter and output to a working sink.

Then late-game you could choose to automate your base a bit more. The machines working could also generate heat so automation would come at the cost of more zombies detecting your presence.

Would love for ground blocks to snap to normal blocks like they should. If they're generated properly then why don't they snap when placed by a player?

Dont know and i dont really take much notice of it, but groundblocks mesh/shape can be manipulated and shaped i dont think the the normal blocks have the same attributes.

If you join a dirtblock together it extends it but if you glue 2 normal blocks together it is 2 seperate blocks next to each other.

Realistically I'd like to see a raft or boat. Maybe a high explosive for demolitions like C4 with a trigger?

Dreaming I'd like to see heavy equipment. An excavator, a bulldozer, a backhoe, a paver. I think the tech is basically there but I understand it's not a priority.

I'm pretty sure it already says "KNOWN" in the description of the schematic/books if you have read them.

I confirmed this the other day when buying recipes from the trader, although I admit it wasn't immediately obvious due to the UI being a little busy with text, etc.

What I don't understand is why people would rather have a zed only world instead of one that feels like a living breathing world with zeds and a few survivors and some of those survivors are good, some are neutral, and some are nasty.

I think all that sounds good. I think a couple evil bandits would be really cool. What I am NOT excited about however is the behemoth. It seems waaaay out there and a bit of an immersion killer. Might as well add an alien invasion while your at it and some werewolves too. It takes some of the realism out of the apocalypse. I hope it can be modded out easily.

I'm most looking forward to the smell/sound triggers and all the stealth stuff coming back. I started in alpha 15 and when it was there it was a COMPLETELY different game. I lost a lot of the horror aspect when it disappeared.

Wow! Now that is apocalyptic!

As a loyal scrap/junk base builder will it be possible to create such walls for Yourself?

I would love to stack scrapped cars and damaged world props as walls against the Z's.

Ye, all it needs is Rad sCorpions, Supermutants and Deathclaws.

When your enemies are fighting... Don't interrupt them!

Its like in FO4 when I was sent out to kill my third Corsair and he was fighting a bunch raiders. I waited. Then "one shot" him with my sniper rifle. The remaining raiders and sinths didn't attack me so I walked past them and left! :)

What makes them bandits? Are they going to innately just attack you, if you help them will they then help you? From there point of view, you are the bandit, coming into their town, camp... and just taking any thing you want.

What makes them bandits? Are they going to innately just attack you, if you help them will they then help you? From there point of view, you are the bandit, coming into their town, camp... and just taking any thing you want.

Yes, they will innately just attack you. There will be NPCs that are friendly, neutral, and hostile. We call the hostile variety "bandits". Perhaps, we are bandits to them philosophically but then again they are just following AI coded subroutines without any free will to decide to do other than they've been programmed to do so I wouldn't normally waste any philosophical breath on their nonexistent point of view of anything.

I'm an AI racist that way. When's West World starting up again....?

Yes, they will innately just attack you. There will be NPCs that are friendly, neutral, and hostile. We call the hostile variety "bandits". Perhaps, we are bandits to them philosophically but then again they are just following AI coded subroutines without any free will to decide to do other than they've been programmed to do so I wouldn't normally waste any philosophical breath on their nonexistent point of view of anything.

I am assuming that if they were survivors (Neutral), and you attacked or just watched them get slaughtered, instead of defending them, they may attack you instead of help/trade with you?

What I would like to see with NPCs is:

1. Different types. Bandits, Survivors who need help, Neutral...

2. Be able to make a encampment, where you have NPCs to protect, and in return help out, similar I guess to what was in one of the mods, but have it make more sense, don't have them just appear, have them contact you and you have to protect them while they are approaching, to go and rescue them. I have built a large castle and I don't want to be there by my self.

I don't generally use air drops, and traders, they don't really make sense to me. If they can air drop stuff, come and pick me up, it would be cheaper. That does not mean they should be removed.

Also stupid ending to season 1. The AIs running around in Dark Matter made way more sense.

Hey dear Devolpers,

some Ideas of mine:

- A Jetski or a Raft to cross lakes etc

- Underwater plants and animals

- Blueprints that can creates by select a area (high and wide) can created and saved in player profile

- flowing water

- A pet

- Recipte for a upgrade inventory space

- More plants, food

If I have more ideas, I update here

I see there are high hopes for the new AI coding.....

Archived