Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

Ahh a windows 95 user. ;) I'll try to fix this but not sure if I can test my changes. Just give me some feedback after the next update, mkay?

(...just, i think it's easily feasible...?)

Yes, should be easy. :)

I'm a fan to create a huge prefabs, I thirst for gigantism, epic....

Ohh, ok. I am working on a 160 blocks tall godzilla. It takes ~65 hours to voxelize the 3d model (the anteater skeleton took 6 days due to its high polygon count).^^ Isn't this epic? ;)

qJjnxv4.jpg

Looks really natural. So the whole desert is a prefab or the rift?

After reinstalling OS and updating the Editor - i haven't seen it .... I'm probably something i messed up..

Alrighty.

@Stompy

The vanilla ones are missing a faction.. use mine instead :p

Link (?) or it does not exist. ;p

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

Ahh a windows 95 user. ;) I'll try to fix this but not sure if I can test my changes. Just give me some feedback after the next update, mkay?

.....aaaaa....ummmm.....:D....I thought, for everyone also :D...

Looks really natural. So the whole desert is a prefab or the rift?

only rift.

I can't recall exactly the dimensions, but the depth almost reaches the bedrock in the low places of the world.

(it made for RWG spawning)

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

Looks very nice. I hope you're going to release it...

It has long been released with the my mod. Separately, i don't share because many of my prefabs is incompatible with the vanilla and it takes time for adaptation. Specifically this prefab - is compatible, but is still refined (wip).

Changelog v0.3y (September 7, 2017):

- added very popular function already known from Hal's Editor: 'load prefab from text file'. if you have a txt file, you can load a prefab from it*. Theoretically, this can be used to import 3d models. However, the voxelization of the models requires 3th party software. I guess it's pretty useless to you. lol^^

where it is possible to take such a voxel model (prepared) ?

only an independent conversion using third-party utilities?

Edited by n2n1 (see edit history)

where it is possible to take such a voxel model (prepared) ?

Mhh I don't know. I haven't searched yet.

There are a few models on cgtrader...:

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/voxel

only an independent conversion using third-party utilities?

Atm yes, since I haven't implemented a converter. So the editor doesn't understand standard 3d formats (e.g. stl).

If you want a certain model, you could ask Pille. Maybe he would do the conversion (if the model isn't to complex...). :)

How to rotate a prefab

We're going to rotate the football stadium (file name is football_stadium.tts).

W1IpA7j.png

There are two ways. Either we can use the xml paramater RotationToFaceNorth (see Xml -> Rotation to face north; it doesn't work according to stallionsden ) or we can do the following:

1st step (calculate the size of the prefab you're going to rotate):

The size of the stadium is 173 x 44 x 138 (length in x-direction x height x length in y-direction). To determine the dimensions of the prefab we can use the layer slider.

Length in x-direction = (highest possible slider position of side view) + 1

Length in y-direction = (highest possible slider position of front view) + 1

Height = (highest possible slider position of top view) + 1

Yfqmq1i.png

2nd step:

Press Ctrl + N. The longest side of the stadium is 173 blocks and its height is 44 blocks. So we can use the following lengths (name your new prefab 'Temp'):

WHHrlfw.png

3rd step:

Click on tools -> insert prefab and select your prefab (football_stadium.tts). Then select a rotation (we choose 90°).

v4dl2YC.png

4th step (placing the prefab):

Go to the top view, to layer 0. Click on one of the following corners

- lower left corner if you use a rotation of 0°

- upper left corner if you use a rotation of 90°

- upper right corner if you use a rotation of 180°

- lower right corner if you use a rotation of 270°

9ODwwBs.png

The blue box represents the prefab you're going to insert/rotate (should be completely inside your Temp prefab).

5th step.

Click on fix position (tools tab -> fix position) and remove the unwanted air blocks (see Guppy's tutorial video).

SkNe1zw.png

6th step.

Click on File -> Save As and choose a save you rotated prefab.

Edited by Pille
I meant football not foodball ^^ (see edit history)

@all

I couldn't spot the exact calculation, but it appears there is a gamestage adjustment to the emptyChance

If you are not getting sleeper spawns, and especially if you see "Triggered empty sleeper volume." in the logs, then you need to raise your gamestage (settime 1000 7 0 should do it) or increase the difficulty adjustment for the sleeper volume, or set it to one of the loot volumes with sleeper groups that have an emptyChance of 0

I am still having trouble with empty sleeper volumes. I've set the day counter to 50 and the character level to 200 and used one of the 'badass' groups (GameStageAdjust is set to hard). Nevertheless, sometimes i am still getting dozens of 'Triggered empty sleeper volume' messages. Using a sleeper groups that have an emptyChance of 0 works but it's not a good solution.

Any further pro tips?

@Mana

If you need more detailed instructions, I can make another how-to...

Just realised what i wanted was not what i needed LOL (story of my life). What i needed to do was flip the selection to place on opp side to mirror the existing layout. Probably not possible?

You can by using the same process pille did above. Use the 180 option. Then reimport it using hals editor commands or stompys api mod while in game. Which you do by standing in the exact position you need to to import it to where you need

You can by using the same process pille did above. Use the 180 option. Then reimport it using hals editor commands or stompys api mod while in game. Which you do by standing in the exact position you need to to import it to where you need

Sounds like he needs to mirror a prefab not rotate it. I don't think thats possible with the editor?

No that is not going to work. If i rotate 180 i get this.

rotation.thumb.jpg.5e241b921bad16ab2d1015b8da4981db.jpg

Just realised what i wanted was not what i needed LOL (story of my life). What i needed to do was flip the selection to place on opp side to mirror the existing layout. Probably not possible?

No, sorry. Not implemented yet (or maybe just deactivated^^) because there were some missing block rotations. So it would not work with all blocks.

Damn I'm missing awesomeness.

Rotation gui suggestion:

Special select (green instead of red?) to grab all layers.

Rotate button (all the options)

Rotates all layers pivoting around a corner, then can be dragged around for placement before being "set".

Wow, that's brilliant. Unfortunately, I have no clue what you mean but maybe it's just because I'm very tired atm. Will reread it after a nap. ^^