Prefab Editor (Alpha)

Pille

@all

I think the painting bug is not related to my tool. It also happens to prefabs never edited or saved with the editor. If you have a look at the textures of those prefabs using the editor, you will notice that everything seems to be ok. So the bug must be located in the import functions or region files.

@Henk

1. In one of my prefabs the painting system seems not stable:

In the next screenshot ALL the six blocks on the surface are placed as a normal unpainted 'Wood block", but some of them are 'automatically' painted like the underlying ones:

The problem seems to be in the prefab and not the game itself: the next screenshot displays the border between 2 prefabs:

Left 3 blocks: the prefab with the problem / right 3 blocks: prefab with no problem

2. In the same buggy prefab: the block behind the ladder is not placable in-game. I can place it in the editor, but then it doesn't show up in the game:

1. see above. :)

2. I think something is blocking this place. The editor cannot detect such issues atm. If you send me the prefab file, I may be able to help you though.

Edited by Pille (see edit history)

I also noticed when i imported the prefab the trash compacter changes to

A block but still acts like a trash compacter lol with it being able to be looted and the writing coming up saying e to open. Also the block becomes coloured lol

- - - Updated - - -

Will post pics of before inporting and after importing. But will also post in hals editor to

- - - Updated - - -

Set 'Meta' to 14. Then the doors will be locked.

My point is i set the door to be locked prior to exporting. When importing it changes to unlocked. Also the issue you can not interact with the door bar open and close functions. The drop down menu does not appear

So let's summarize the situation:

1. We get those painting issues if we import the prefabs using the rwg mixer (according to stallionsden) or Hal's mod.

2. It happens with and without involvement of the editor.

3. It's random (and relatively rare).

4. Untouched vanilla prefabs seem to be affected as well as exported ones.

Conclusions:

Soon™

@stallionsden

Thanks stallionsden. I will wait for Hal's reply before doing anything. :) It doesn't look like my fault anyway (because of 2.). ^^

Edited by Pille
Corrected 1. (see edit history)

I lose paint values when importing with Hal's, but not Stompys. I lose the block ABOVE A door importing with Stompys, but not hals.

Ahh sorry, I thought you were talking about the textures of the block above the door.^^ Makes much more sense now.

Here's the prefab with the problems:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/it99djusvj13lkf/Crane.zip?dl=0

The two surrounding prefabs, with no problems (including my still a little too much 'Minecrafty' SpaceShuttle version 0.1 which you might like to see):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3idggd47zty85eh/Base%20and%20Shuttle.zip?dl=0

(I hope this works, I'm new to Dropbox :smile-new: )

Edit: almost forgot this:

Map: Navezgane and in 'prefabs' the following lines:

<decoration type="model" name="CraneA16_2Q" position="500, 44, 1215" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="BaseA16_2Q" position="611, 0, 1214" rotation="0" />

<decoration type="model" name="SpaceshuttleA16_2_DEF" position="450, 76, 1435" rotation="0" />

Edited by Henk (see edit history)

....I presume 'small' prefabs are not affected (or less often).

In my case the problem is in the smallest prefab. My (much) larger prefabs are ok.

Edit: it also depends on what you mean by 'small' off course. My smallest prefab is larger than the smallest vanilla prefabs.

s

Hi stallionsden,

A few things for you to try:

1) Does the issue happen with an un-edit export? i.e. export the prefab, don't touch it in the editor and try importing it again.

test 1 -

step 1:

made a small prefab exported using your commands and re imported thru rwgmixer prefab was fine

step 2: used same prefab went thru the editor spawned thru rwgmixer and texture issues came back.

@Henk

Thanks. I will try to find out what's happen. Everything bigger than a vanilla prefab is not a small one.

Yes, same problem here.

That's normal (see Hal's reply):

You can't lock doors that you don't own in-game. Use the [own] flag when importing

@stallionsden

Ok I've found the bug (see reply below).

@all

I am pretty sure that we have two different bugs. One in Hal's import command and another one in my the editor caused by the remove rows and columns functions. Please use the export function in the editor to remove unwanted rows and columns.

I should have enough time to fix this bug this weekend anyway....

@all

I am pretty sure that we have two different bugs. One in Hal's import command and another one in my the editor caused by the remove rows and columns functions. Please use the export function in the editor to remove unwanted rows and columns.

I should have enough time to fix this bug this weekend anyway....

Soooooo which bug do i get up you for and stomp my feet til you fix it and which is Hal's :-D haha lol joking ofc. .....

Brilliant if this bug/s can get squashed thabk you also for looking into it

Version 0.3t seems to have the following bug.

Insert row 1 at row 0 in frontview.

Block texture remains in place before insert.

Probably No texture block is not copy texture.

example

N is No texture block

Non-N alphabets are texture-set blocks

A B C D

E N N F

G N N H

I J K L

When inserting into the row 0 in the block arranged as described above, it becomes as follows

A B C D

E B C F

G N N H

I J K L

I J K L

The expected correct behavior is as follows

A B C D

E N N F

G N N H

I J K L

N N N N

Edited by SevenDaysToDieModEditor
fix (see edit history)

Pille, does the first post contain the latest download link? I haven't updated in a while.

When you open the editor a seperate update box pops up close the editor while keeping the update box open then hit update or you can force update thru one of the top left drop down menus and follow the above written