[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

I mean, he does have some kind of a point in that it might take a bit too long to scrap some things. It's just like pulling teeth to find out exactly what. If it's just that he doesn't like to wait for things that are automatic in vanilla, he would NOT like some of my proposed changes in making cars Hardness 5 and having 1000 hit points. Think multiple in-game hours to disassemble a car... along with suitably increased yields of metal for such an endeavor. One car should be a decent haul of metal... if your wrench lasts, maybe even enough to build you an anvil.

Of course, at that rate, the noise you would be making, the time involved, and the fact that you're going to be outside means that there is a great chance of you being interrupted by a small horde by the time you're done.

I was thinking just that thing, i mean i scrap a whole car, and get back a few scrap iron, and an exhaust...I like where you are going with this idea

I mean, he does have some kind of a point in that it might take a bit too long to scrap some things. It's just like pulling teeth to find out exactly what. If it's just that he doesn't like to wait for things that are automatic in vanilla, he would NOT like some of my proposed changes in making cars Hardness 5 and having 1000 hit points. Think multiple in-game hours to disassemble a car... along with suitably increased yields of metal for such an endeavor. One car should be a decent haul of metal... if your wrench lasts, maybe even enough to build you an anvil.

Of course, at that rate, the noise you would be making, the time involved, and the fact that you're going to be outside means that there is a great chance of you being interrupted by a small horde by the time you're done.

I don't mind the time when I am doing something I prefer pass a day cutting trees down for sticks to make traps instead of cut 4 trees and sit on base scraping for sticks for 69min when I am alt tab watching Netflix if I sit to play I want to play not wait, I like the progression and I was having a blast until this update is too much time for sticks

Re: Branch>Stick scrapping. It seems to perform the scrapping in one big group lump instead of each branch individually. Meaning if you tell it to scrap 500 branches...your backpack crafting job is going to run for 30m or so...then you get all the sticks at once when its done. This is a problem since you cannot cancel that scrap job without losing all the progress.

Running over aniamls on mini bike results in no damage to bike, makes getting meat to easy.

Hey I lost half of bike durability trying to turn is this intended?

Yeah, something does not seem right, between these two statements. I don't think either of those is as-intended. Minibikes are a strange thing. They're almost cobbled together with duct tape, spread across the XML and DLL files. I might be able to some day do something about the run-over-animals mechanic, but that durability thing? I'm not even sure what could cause that.

"Relax"? I ask for more information on your reply, and you tell me to "relax"? Now you're just "not a fan" because I asked you to clarify so I could better help you?

Children. Absolute children. That's what I feel like I'm dealing with, at times. If you have an issue, and someone on the development team asks you to clarify, it's not because they are upset at you. It's because they need more information. Take a note from Nikola, up there. He states his position and responds to requests for clarification sanely, and in return gets talked to like an adult. Not patronizingly, like I'm doing to you.

So please, don't misunderstand me. I am not (well, wasn't) telling you to suck it up and deal. I was asking you in what way the experience wasn't optimal for you, in case it was something that could be addressed. It seems, however, that your laconic method of speaking can only parse verbosity as anger. How pissed I must seem. That, you will have to deal with. If I speak to you at all, it is because I found something worth responding to in your words. And if I ask you for clarification, it is because I wanted to see if I could help.

Now... not so much.

yikes

Sorry if I came across as abrasive, but really... I'm here to help, not fuss at people.

- - - Updated - - -

Whoa, lets not jump the gun here. Im not part of any ts team.:nono: In fact im basically worthless to spider now that he has others to listen to his "should the redwood tree.... bla bla bla etc" lol(private joke). I made some npcs and thats it. I offered to keep making them and possibly some zombies because i enjoy that aspect of the game. So give kudos to spider, jeoshua and xyth and thats it. Btw, this mod is getting cra cra, keep up the awesome modding guys!

Don't let DS fool you, he is invaluable. You won't escape the shared blame!

Sorry if I came across as abrasive, but really... I'm here to help, not fuss at people.

- - - Updated - - -

Don't let DS fool you, he is invaluable. You won't escape the shared blame!

That's ok is difficult to see the real intent in text messages especially when people with different countrys

Which tree? Some are pretty gigantic and need lots of wood. Others not so much.

I mentioned fully matured pine trees in my original post a day ago, but it's actually not any specific tree but rather the amount of wood each log/small log can be refined down to, I think it's something like 40 wood per log and 20 per small log? So while the amount of logs dropped per tree is proportional to the physical size of the tree's trunk, the amount of wood received is now over twice as much as before the update.

Personally I felt like the resources given per tree before the update was pretty good for the mod, now it feels like vanilla 7DTD, take down one tree > build 1/4 of a base.

Archived