[WIP] True Survival SDX

Spider

Awesome suggestion! I very much like it. But if we add stamina/health gain to teas, they would become OP.

Maybe, but Im saying take away the onetime increase in health and stamina on teas and instead make it a small Buff over time equal to what you need to mitigate damage over time from poison class buffs. Spider can decide if the positive equals the negative here or leave some residual negative. Things like coffee/medkits still would have a onetime boost, so now you would have a choice between a direct effect and an overtime effect.

Hey Spider, I gave this a try last night and loved what I managed to get done. I got bitten by a spider though within the first 20 minutes so was out to look for antidote items...

Anyhow just wanted to say great work. I know the game isn't optimised but one thing I notice is that using the search bar in the menu causes it to lag out for a couple seconds, but hitting 'Recipes' on an item doesn't do this. It also lags a lot when fighting zeds in towns. I didn't have too many issues when out in the wilderness but as soon as it got to the town and there were about 8-10 zombies around, things started to lag out.

I saw your update too, now there are less NPCs do you think this will improve performance a bit or would this be unrelated?

Machine is i7 4790K @ 4.6 GHz with 16 GB RAM, SSD, and a GTX 970. Graphic settings are Medium with UMA textures on Lowest.

If you got any suggestions to help clear the lag I'd definitely play more of this mod :) I know you said to outsource most to a server which I might have to try.

To limit the lag while moving inventory around in menus, click the "Favorites" button. The lag in the menus is 100% due to the amount of recipes the mod has. It searches the whole list of displayed recipes (whether you can craft them or not, and whether they are on page 1 or 100 of the list) every tick. So clicking on an item and hitting recipes or hitting favorites with very few selected makes that lag disappear.

This isn't something peculiar to True Survival, or even to SDX mods. It's how the engine works.

One thing that could be done, mod side, is to add new crafting stations to the game, and have objects only craftable, there. This is why TS has so many. Note how the burn barrel gives no lag with only a handful of item being craftable, yet the forge seems to lag the most. Personally, one thing I have done while playing the mod is to comment large sections of the crafting table out when I don't need to make the objects, like the A-Z letters or the Adobe blocks when I'm not in the Desert. That's not a permanent solution, and wouldn't work on a server, but it's something for the single player.

@daydark-

-I know the flashlight doesn't work on the crossbow I'm just not sure why. Soon as i figure it out it will be fixed.

-I do want the Field knife and having a leveled Hunting Skill to be generous. It takes a lot to get there it should be rewarding. But a 14 legged deer is kinda messed up (but funny)

-Fixed the Crafting Skills descriptions

-Fixed repair amounts on Pipes

-Thank you for your donation.

@BenjyRomig-

-Fixed the Door Knobs

-Open to suggestions of crafting items to add to misc crafting.

-Yes the x2 harvesting is going to have to be looked at. Going to see if i can just have it apply to a specified tool

-Changed Crossbow to be repaired by Scrap Iron

-1/2 chance to get 1-4 hubcaps per broken car

-Using the screwdriver levels Engineering

-In the description of the campfire it says that you get no XP for crafting in that workstation. I will get them all notated eventually.

@Xamllew-

They were dropping to much i have changed their probability since. Let me know if it still seems to much after you have updated your mod files.

Poison-

Poison is not that bad of a debuff and it last for 3 game days that's 3 real hours. You are given the hardest ingredient to find from the thing that poisons you and the rest of the process has already been made much easier. When you get poisoned drinking tea shouldn't help you and you shouldn't be able to walk around for days and days. The players fate is still completely in their hands. This is not a random buff its from fighting a hornet, a spider or stepping on a poisonous animal. All things the player gets plenty of opportunity to make good choices about or make terrible mistakes in dealing with.

Its completely survivable. Last night I noticed a snake right before I started fighting a zombie . After I killed the zombie and turned to leave i walked right over the snake. Completely my fault, now i kill them soon as I see them. But with in 2 days of looting I found a Gain Alcohol in a Ambulance and cooked me up some sweet anti venom. It was very never racking and exciting. I think the mechanic is playing well. A well made problem in this game should not always end with the player winning. The player should always have the opportunity but never a guarantee of victory.

@Jay_ombie-

You an't running up on no animals and boop'n them on the head here my friend. You gona have to work for that food and learn to aim better. They do have a blind spot still directly behind them so you can still hunt them it just takes more effort than running up on them here. Also there are animal traps, fishing and farming for food sources.

@mdf25-

-Yes the recipe lag is a know problem with mods. nothing we can do i suggest not using the type search unless you are in a secure location. And yes you are correct the clicking on "recipe" on an item is much faster way to navigate the craft ui in the field.

-I suggest you play with your video settings to get better performance

-Biggest performance increases i would say would be to play on a server

You an't running up on no animals and boop'n them on the head here my friend. You gona have to work for that food and learn to aim better. They do have a blind spot still directly behind them so you can still hunt them it just takes more effort than running up on them here. Also there are animal traps, fishing and farming for food sources.

Ohhhhh mannnnnnnn, haha okay fair enough Mr Spider.

Found a bug?!

Hello there

I'm new here

Anyway i jsut create acc to tell you this Spider:

I was allowed to craft one of NPC weapons:: NPCHUNTINGRIFLE

with unlimited ammo

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19484[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19485[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19486[/ATTACH]

Good luck

I will be waiting for new update with Alpha 16 come!

Good work,keep up!

Headshots are insta-kill.

Any other shots and you be chasing the animal for a while.

Always go for the head unless they're stuck on something and can't move.

Okay thanks, even the simpler mechanics are escaping me at times. With this mod it feels like a new game.

@SPider - you can fix the major misc crafting issue by removing the level 20 misc requirement on helmet+flashlight. I beleive it is the only thing gated by misc crafting and by simply setting that to Engineering instead of misc, all the problems are essentially solved.

I am also curious as to the speed at which you expect progression to be made. What day do you think would be appropriate to hit level 25 (for iron) or level 75 (steel)? When would you expect to be able to make mobile spotlights (engineering 50) or cobblestone (primitive crafting 45)? I'm not complaining about time here, just wondering what you have in mind for progression to help to formulate suggestions based on the 'expected' curve of the mod.

Okay I'm encountering a strange issue.

In-game I have no problems, no errors, anything. But when the server restarts, or when I Quit the game, I'm left with this screen (see pic) and I have to kill the 7D2D.exe process to get it to close. Kind of a pain. Not sure if anyone knows how to fix this.

Pic (note this only happens when I exit, or on server restart): http://i.imgur.com/jnb20Z0.png

Okay I'm encountering a strange issue.

In-game I have no problems, no errors, anything. But when the server restarts, or when I Quit the game, I'm left with this screen (see pic) and I have to kill the 7D2D.exe process to get it to close. Kind of a pain. Not sure if anyone knows how to fix this.

Pic (note this only happens when I exit, or on server restart): http://i.imgur.com/jnb20Z0.png

Known bug. happens to everyone. You have to taskmanager kill 7d2d

Poison-

Poison is not that bad of a debuff and it last for 3 game days that's 3 real hours. You are given the hardest ingredient to find from the thing that poisons you and the rest of the process has already been made much easier. When you get poisoned drinking tea shouldn't help you and you shouldn't be able to walk around for days and days. The players fate is still completely in their hands. This is not a random buff its from fighting a hornet, a spider or stepping on a poisonous animal. All things the player gets plenty of opportunity to make good choices about or make terrible mistakes in dealing with.

Its completely survivable. Last night I noticed a snake right before I started fighting a zombie . After I killed the zombie and turned to leave i walked right over the snake. Completely my fault, now i kill them soon as I see them. But with in 2 days of looting I found a Gain Alcohol in a Ambulance and cooked me up some sweet anti venom. It was very never racking and exciting. I think the mechanic is playing well. A well made problem in this game should not always end with the player winning. The player should always have the opportunity but never a guarantee of victory.

Highly agree, i dont see any issues with poison, its annoying, but love the added difficulty!

I'm allowed to Assamble NPCHUNTINGRIFLE?!?!

First of all. FFS STOP SPAMMING THE THREAD!!!!!!! You're a new user, your posts will not show up immediately. Posting the same thing a million times will not help.

Ahem.

Second of all, that recipe is locked behind an unobtainable skill book. You're not updated to the latest installment, as you even have the older version's assorted arrows marked as Basic crafts, instead of just Weapon crafts. Please update the mod.

Highly agree, i dont see any issues with poison, its annoying, but love the added difficulty!

Amen to Spider and you, if there is anything i hear the most complaints about on our server its the poison. I have YET to be poisoned. I think people need to remember we are in hardcore territory here, not vanilla or easy mode. Try looking down while you walk, it saves lives!

I agree, maybe make the hub caps a chance to drop between 1-4, instead of a guaranteed 4?

<drop event="Harvest" name="hubcap" count="1,4" prob="1" tool_category="Disassemble" />

Think thats right lol?

- - - Updated - - -

Amen to Spider and you, if there is anything i hear the most complaints about on our server its the poison. I have YET to be poisoned. I think people need to remember we are in hardcore territory here, not vanilla or easy mode. Try looking down while you walk, it saves lives!

Every time a player gets poisoned, it is the players fault, not the creatures. I actually lol'd at "Try looking down while you walk"

Is there an easy way to dial down the amount of NPC's that are standing about? There are WAY too many in my current game [of default settings]. My idea is that they should be something pretty rare to stumble across given the benefits they can provide.

Is there an easy way to dial down the amount of NPC's that are standing about? There are WAY too many in my current game [of default settings]. My idea is that they should be something pretty rare to stumble across given the benefits they can provide.

I believe Spider already posted in one of the latest updates he did tone down the NPCs, you just need to update to the latest mod files.

Archived