Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Undead Legacy 2.4.26 Stable is out for A19.5 (b60)! 

Patch notes:

- Updated English localization for Pistol Pete book series
- Rebalanced Leather, Iron and Steel knuckle stamina use
- Rebalanced Rusty and Iron Cleaver stamina use
- Rebalanced Stone Pick, Shovel and Axe stamina use
- Rebalanced Scrap, Iron, Steel and Titanium machete damage values
- Fixed not being able to pick up Snowman
- Fixed Scrap Glass to be scrapped into sand
- Fixed modArmorTripleStoragePocket mislabeled as Armor Double Pocket Mod
- Fixed item info panel sometimes showing inaccurate repair material for armor
- Fixed item info panel description background rendering too tall for items with cosmetic slot, but no mod slots

Incremental patch available: http://ul.subquake.com/dl?v=2.4.19-2.4.26
Incremental patch tutorial for mod launcher users: http://ul.subquake.com/mod-launcher-incremental-updates

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

6 hours ago, Subquake said:

@cammel very strange, because if I copy the link in the browser URL bar, it works

@CamouflageUK that's not normal, make sure BEFORE installing the mod you have A19.5 (b60) version of the game, the mod will not work with any other version.

If I left click it opens a new tab and says server not found. If I right click and select open in new tab the download pops up.  Am using Firefox.

57 minutes ago, SideShow_Bob said:

Where are empty laundry baskets found?  I need one to craft the minibike but can only pick up 'laundry basket' from POIs.

Most if not all gas stations have them, some are full, some are empty

On 7/25/2021 at 2:50 PM, Subquake said:

@cammel very strange, because if I copy the link in the browser URL bar, it works

@CamouflageUK that's not normal, make sure BEFORE installing the mod you have A19.5 (b60) version of the game, the mod will not work with any other version.

Hi, thanks for the reply, just confirming I use A19.5(b60).

There was another problem were reading skill books caused a red exception after which I could not eat or drink from the inventory so I reinstalled through the launcher and started a new play. So far all is well.

Should I be reading skill books from the toolbar or is it still ok to read them from containers/inventory?

Hey Subquake, just started trying out you mod and it has eaten up a lot of my time lol. Not hard to lose track of time playing.

One thing I wanted to know is if you have ever made the being able to lock specific slots in inventory as a standalone.

This is one thing I think the vanilla game truly needs. I usually put my items in particular slots such as wood, fiber and stone down the left column, food and drinks down the right column, some ammo and health items along the top and then some tools I may need along the bottom.

I haven't found anything similar to this out in wild and know you may not release as standalone but I do hope the fun pimps see how well it works and add something like it in future.

1 hour ago, Gamida said:

(..) being able to lock specific slots in inventory as a standalone. (..)

Undead Legacy IS NOT a mod pack, it's a single non-modular overhaul mod, pretty much in it's entirety made by me, everything you see in the mod (UI, content, crafting, progression, custom mechanics etc) are tailored to work and compliment each other and to make certain aspects of the mod standalone was never planned. And regarding of what you asked, there's a lot of custom code involved into managing inventory slot locking and it's deeply integrated with the mods core mechanics and the UI.

Closest thing you can have for a standalone variant is Khaine's Lockable Inventory Slots modlet, that just enables the hidden vanilla ingame slot locking mechanic, which is not the same as Undead Legacy, but it's what TFP coded and it's the best you can get right now as a modlet.

And I can't stress this enough, Undead Legacy IS NOT a mod pack. Either enjoy it in it's entirety or don't.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

Undead Legacy IS NOT a mod pack, it's a single non-modular overhaul mod, pretty much in it's entirety made by me, everything you see in the mod (UI, content, crafting, progression, custom mechanics etc) are tailored to work and compliment each other and to make certain aspects of the mod standalone was never planned. And regarding of what you asked, there's a lot of custom code involved into managing inventory slot locking and it's deeply integrated with the mods core mechanics and the UI.

Closest thing you can have for a standalone variant is Khaine's Lockable Inventory Slots modlet, that just enables the hidden vanilla ingame slot locking mechanic, which is not the same as Undead Legacy, but it's what TFP coded and it's the best you can get right now as a modlet.

And I can't stress this enough, Undead Legacy IS NOT a mod pack. Either enjoy it in it's entirety or don't.

Thought there was no harm in asking (seems it was). Guess I won't be enjoying it.

9 hours ago, Subquake said:

Какой? В Undead Legacy нет квестов на разрушение. Перед установкой мода убедитесь, что у вас нет кастомных модлетов

Sorry, I am writing through a translator. Quests where you need to kill at a certain place of anyone else. The place of quest does not appear. No other modlets.

Edited by Sapsan (see edit history)

I think what Sapsan was saying is the picked up quests/challenges. Like the one that tells you to kill zombie cheerleaders, etc. 

Another bug I'm experiencing right now is the treated abrasion lasting for 9991h. I don't know what triggers it, but it only triggered for me after being healed by my ally, normally, when I use the bandage myself, it doesn't trigger. 

@Sapsan I haven't touched how the vanilla challenge quests work, but I will take a look if I can do something about them (and if they are broken in the first place for me)

@Blxckdreadful Yeah, I've heard stories from healing teammates not working at all to when it works, causing this kind of issue (silly numbers for debuffs), I will look into this.

I test most of the stuff solo and thus figuring out multiplayer bugs isn't easy, because every time I ask someone to help debug stuff online, they usually get annoyed of constant rejoins/reloads after tweaks, not everyone has my level of patience :D