Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

1 hour ago, MajorMunchy said:

May i Suggest some gun love to Snipers? I see a lot of pistols machine guns etc, but just a M1 garand makes me sad panda! Add that classic L92 or even a Barret :)

More sniper rifles are coming in next update as well :)

Would it be possible to add a "favorites"-section to shapes?

I feel pretty overwhelmed with the selection. Being able to manually narrow it down by selecting my own favorites would be a pretty big QoL feature for me, and I would think a lot of others as well. Anyway, just an idea to throw out there.

Regardless I love the mod :) Very well put together!

On 7/14/2022 at 8:20 PM, Anarath said:

I got it running on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and it probably works for higher versions of macOS as well (?).

[7 Days to Die Alpha 20.5 (b2) and Undead Legacy 2.5.82]

Just started the game, generated a new world (which took quiet long and close to the end I thought the game may had crashed, but it didn't - so be VERY patient!) and looked at my surroundings for like 15 seconds.

So, following these steps gets you at least to that point. Anything after that ... you have to find out yourself 😅

Installing Undead Legacy
1. Download Undead Legacy and open the UndeadLegacy folder afterwards.
2. Open your 7 Days to Die folder (user/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days to Die).
    2.1 Make a backup of your current Mods folder!
3. Move the following files and folders from the UndeadLegacy folder to your 7 Days to Die folder:
    BepInEx
    doorstep_config.ini
    doorstep_libs
    Mods
    run_bepinex.sh
4. Right-click on the 7DaysToDie application, press and hold the Command key and choose "Show Package Contents".
5. Copy following files and folders from the 7 Days to Die folder to the 7DaysToDie application:
    Mods
    serverconfig.xml
6. Open the Terminal application.
7. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die 
8. Copy & paste this and hit enter: chmod u+x run_bepinex.sh
9. You have successfuly installed Undead Legacy.

Starting Undead Legacy
1. Open the Terminal application.
2. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die 
3. Copy & paste this and hit enter: ./run_bepinex.sh
    3.1 It may take a few moments till the game starts.

3.2 Don't close the Terminal window as long as the game runs.
4. Have fun.

Step3MoveFiles.png

Step5CopyFiles.png

InGame.png

I've played for several days now and can confidently say: The Mac installation guide works and the mod runs flawlessly (so far).

Just letting you know in case more Mac users want to play Undead Legacy (you should, it's awesome!).

Would be happy to get feedback from users of macOS 10.15 and higher though.

@Subquake When I stumbled across your mod I was desperate to find a working instruction for installing the latest version on macOS and working out a solution on my own wasn't exactly fun ... 😅 So feel free to use this guide on your UL website, if you want to.

Edited by Anarath (see edit history)

5 hours ago, Anarath said:

When I stumbled across your mod I was desperate to find a working instruction for installing the latest version on macOS and working out a solution on my own wasn't exactly fun ... 😅 So feel free to use this guide on your UL website, if you want to.

Thanks, I've been sending the link to the post for people in need for a mac guide, but yeah, I should probably update it on the site too! :) 

Hello all,

I've been watching Gunsnerdsandsteel youtube series on this.  This mod looks like it brings new life to 7 days.  I tried to install this mod by making a copy of 7daystodie and coping the files as shown.  When trying to run the game, it starts up with the new music and then I get a "Could not initialize steam" message and the only options are to retry or exit the game.  Retry does nothing.

I have disabled easyanticheat before running too.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks

wenSkYb.png

Hello,

I had been playing many hours every day and absolutely having the best of times when suddenly I can't play for more than 5 mins with freezing and subsequently crashing. I haven't changed anything with the mod or vanilla 7D, or my computer.

I've tried the usual uninstall/reinstall of both the mod and the base game to no avail.

Is there another solution I can possibly try? This is on a freshly generated map using the in game generator. No other mods or CompoPack or anything like that.

This is what the log says at the bottom.

1. 2022-07-24T14:54:09 2278.741 WRN No chunk for position 64, 39, -1082, can not add childs to pos 63, 39, -1082! Block couchSofa01
  2. 2022-07-24T14:54:25 2295.220 INF Time: 27.50m FPS: 39.95 Heap: 6133.9MB Max: 6170.5MB Chunks: 306 CGO: 187 Ply: 1 Zom: 8 Ent: 12 (47) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 12500.9MB
  3. 2022-07-24T14:54:26 2295.763 INF [DECO] written 141732, in 48ms
  4. 2022-07-24T14:54:26 2295.767 INF [DECO] write thread 4ms
  5. 2022-07-24T14:54:55 2325.245 INF Time: 28.00m FPS: 48.45 Heap: 5951.3MB Max: 6170.5MB Chunks: 306 CGO: 186 Ply: 1 Zom: 9 Ent: 11 (30) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 12564.6MB
  6. 2022-07-24T14:55:20 2349.434 INF 68357+1 Origin Reposition (-48.0, 32.0, -1264.0) to (192.0, 32.0, -1184.0)
  7. d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x21 mode 0 size 25720) [0x887A0005]
  8. d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x10 mode 0 size 1536) [0x887A0005]
  9. d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=2 d3dfmt=10 [887a0005]
  10. d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=2 d3dfmt=10 [887a0005]

1 hour ago, modtillitbreaks said:

Hello,

I had been playing many hours every day and absolutely having the best of times when suddenly I can't play for more than 5 mins with freezing and subsequently crashing. I haven't changed anything with the mod or vanilla 7D, or my computer.

I've tried the usual uninstall/reinstall of both the mod and the base game to no avail.

Is there another solution I can possibly try? This is on a freshly generated map using the in game generator. No other mods or CompoPack or anything like that.

This is what the log says at the bottom.

1. 2022-07-24T14:54:09 2278.741 WRN No chunk for position 64, 39, -1082, can not add childs to pos 63, 39, -1082! Block couchSofa01
  2. 2022-07-24T14:54:25 2295.220 INF Time: 27.50m FPS: 39.95 Heap: 6133.9MB Max: 6170.5MB Chunks: 306 CGO: 187 Ply: 1 Zom: 8 Ent: 12 (47) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 12500.9MB
  3. 2022-07-24T14:54:26 2295.763 INF [DECO] written 141732, in 48ms
  4. 2022-07-24T14:54:26 2295.767 INF [DECO] write thread 4ms
  5. 2022-07-24T14:54:55 2325.245 INF Time: 28.00m FPS: 48.45 Heap: 5951.3MB Max: 6170.5MB Chunks: 306 CGO: 186 Ply: 1 Zom: 9 Ent: 11 (30) Items: 0 CO: 1 RSS: 12564.6MB
  6. 2022-07-24T14:55:20 2349.434 INF 68357+1 Origin Reposition (-48.0, 32.0, -1264.0) to (192.0, 32.0, -1184.0)
  7. d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x21 mode 0 size 25720) [0x887A0005]
  8. d3d11: failed to create buffer (target 0x10 mode 0 size 1536) [0x887A0005]
  9. d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=2 d3dfmt=10 [887a0005]
  10. d3d11: failed to create staging 2D texture w=128 h=2 d3dfmt=10 [887a0005]

Not to sure if you have tried this. I had those errors and UL would nt run. I removed the game, even the directories. Installed UL again, dame errors. Before that I ran the game without mods and it ran fine. HMMmmm that got me thinking about part of a post I read. It said something like either a bad game install or a bad mod install. So, I re-downloaded the mod and installed it again. I do not use the mod-launcher, restarted the computer, just to be sure but not really needed. The mod runs.

Just my input and you might have tried that.

I have 16GB of RAM so I know it's cutting it very close but I was able to play UL  for at least 1000+ hrs  just fine, it's just been in the last few days I've had problems. I was able to create and run a game in vanilla just fine awhile ago.

I didn't delete any leftover folders after uninstalling so that's an easy enough thing to do, so I'll give it a shot. Thanks.

After deleting the UL directory and reinstalling again I was able to play for 45 mins straight w/no issues. Thanks for the simple idea that never crossed my simpler mind. New POI's and loot awaits, cheers!

Edited by modtillitbreaks
It lives! (see edit history)

Hello everyone!

First of all, sorry if you encounter any grammar errors, I am not good with english.

Second, very thank you for your efforts and creation into this marvellous overhaul mod!

Third... I come here to show my opinion about this mod, things I think can be improved.

1: Zombies sense: I am not sure, but I fell zombies are more aware than normal and can sense my presence very easy, specially during the night. I am playing single player, insane difficulty, Agility build specialized in parkour, stealth and sneak attack. Sometimes they awake inside a room even before I enter, even with me playing without armor, using bow and dont steped into any trash...
If you developers have improved zombie senses, I ask you to undo this, because the game already have a option, and I particularly think this totally broken stealth gameplay...

2: To be able to craft plates I need Artisan's Table > Forge > Blacksmith. To be honest I think Forge and Blacksmith Forge can be merged into one.

3: How about forge have more slots for molds? And how about more molds like: arrow head, bullet casing, bullet tip...

4: Building is trully a pain! To craft a wood frame I need 5 wooden planks and 5 nails, to upgrade to wood I need 5 more wooden planks. I need 5 wood to craft 10 wooden planks, 1 tree with 4000 HP drop 15-22 wood approximately (without skills) and 30-44 in late game (full skill and perk). So, in the early and mid game...

1 Tree = 20 wood
20 wood = 40 wooden plank
40 wooden plank = 4 wooden blocks...

100 wooden blocks = 25 Trees...

I think it is too much and I suggest rework these numbers.

5: The nights in early game are very very very boring, I cant even open a box inside my base, without the zombies coming looking for me. All I can do is stay still and wait the sun rise... Even with me not moving the zombies all come to my location and start wandering around my base... In the early game I cant build a underground base, because I dont have proper tools and skills to do that.

Enough of the criticism...

Now my positive view:

1: I really loved the new item system, new crafting and recipes. And Data? Amazing!

2: I am in love with the new vehicle system. S2

3: New weapons and ammo? HELLZ HYEAH!

4: New traders and new places for the traders! AMAZING!

Anyway, I am just loving this mod!!! Again very thank you for this!

Cya.

Beijos e queijos.

On 7/23/2022 at 5:49 PM, Brill said:

It does not.  I can run the original game normally.

Since you made a copy of the original.

Does you maybe need to allow it for your virus/firewall tool to call out ?

Or does the windows firewall asked about it, and you didn't allowed it ?

On 7/23/2022 at 12:40 PM, Brill said:

Hello all,

I've been watching Gunsnerdsandsteel youtube series on this.  This mod looks like it brings new life to 7 days.  I tried to install this mod by making a copy of 7daystodie and coping the files as shown.  When trying to run the game, it starts up with the new music and then I get a "Could not initialize steam" message and the only options are to retry or exit the game.  Retry does nothing.

I have disabled easyanticheat before running too.

Any help is appreciated!!!

Thanks

wenSkYb.png

Hello friend!

1: Unzip and copy all files to main game folder.
2: Initialize Steam.
3: Open the game folder where you have instaled UL and start the game by initializing it in the 7DaysToDie.exe located there.

Hope I have helped!!!

wenSkYb.png

Edited by Biscoitoso (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Biscoitoso said:

1: Zombies sense: I am not sure, but I fell zombies are more aware than normal and can sense my presence very easy, specially during the night. I am playing single player, insane difficulty, Agility build specialized in parkour, stealth and sneak attack. Sometimes they awake inside a room even before I enter, even with me playing without armor, using bow and dont steped into any trash...

You should check the Zombie Feral Sense option. Sounds like you got it setup to Night.

Then ofcouse alll the Z around you can sense your presence and come to get a bit of you.

2: To be able to craft plates I need Artisan's Table > Forge > Blacksmith. To be honest I think Forge and Blacksmith Forge can be merged into one.

Forge is the thing you smelt things.

Blacksmith forge, is just to heat up the things before you work with it at the anvil. Not nearly the same temperature like at the forge.

5: The nights in early game are very very very boring, I cant even open a box inside my base, without the zombies coming looking for me. All I can do is stay still and wait the sun rise... Even with me not moving the zombies all come to my location and start wandering around my base... In the early game I cant build a underground base, because I dont have proper tools and skills to do that.

That is your difficult.
At my playthrough (Warrior i think) i could walk around at night. Sneak kill lonely Z with the bow/xbow.
Ofcouse you need to turn off your lights and don't have feral sense.

20 minutes ago, Canute said:

You should check the Zombie Feral Sense option. Sounds like you got it setup to Night.

Then ofcouse alll the Z around you can sense your presence and come to get a bit of you.

Forge is the thing you smelt things.

Blacksmith forge, is just to heat up the things before you work with it at the anvil. Not nearly the same temperature like at the forge.

That is your difficult.
At my playthrough (Warrior i think) i could walk around at night. Sneak kill lonely Z with the bow/xbow.
Ofcouse you need to turn off your lights and don't have feral sense.

Hello.

I appreciate your advice but...

1: I already checked about Feral Sense before play and before come to this forum. Of course I do, that would be stupid from me complain without being 100% certainly about my situation.

2: I know very well what is forge and what is blacksmith forge, but looking to your words, I am sure I dont have expressed my suggestion clearly. By merging forge with the blacksmith forge you have a unique bench with the forge AND blacksmith forge in just one place. I am just looking for more optimization of the game.

3: Of course I know very well how to play stealth, maybe I can even teach you one or two tricks... But again, thank you for your advice, I am sure any newbye what read your post will find your tips useful.

feral sense.png

Edited by Biscoitoso (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Biscoitoso said:

2: I know very well what is forge and what is blacksmith forge, but looking to your words, I am sure I dont have expressed my suggestion clearly. By merging forge with the blacksmith forge you have a unique bench with the forge AND blacksmith forge in just one place. I am just looking for more optimization of the game.

Optimization is one thing, but Subquake specifically expanded on the crafting aspect of the game.  One method of doing that is adding additional workstations to the process.  The fact that Subquake modded in intermediate recipes to make more components that go in the final assembly shows how much they wanted to expand on the process.

Doesn't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you.  The fact that a lot of work was put in expanding on the crafting system in UL means that simplifying things just for optimization might not be on the list of changes they want for this mod.

1 hour ago, BFT2020 said:

Optimization is one thing, but Subquake specifically expanded on the crafting aspect of the game.  One method of doing that is adding additional workstations to the process.  The fact that Subquake modded in intermediate recipes to make more components that go in the final assembly shows how much they wanted to expand on the process.

Doesn't hurt to ask, but I wouldn't get my hopes up if I was you.  The fact that a lot of work was put in expanding on the crafting system in UL means that simplifying things just for optimization might not be on the list of changes they want for this mod.

Hello.

You have a good, really a good point, but pay attention: I am not suggesting reduction in the crafting system, in esscence all schematics and way to craft and forge items still the same, the only change I am suggesting is the reduction of one bench. But ok if he dont like my suggestion.

Thank you for your attention.

6 minutes ago, Biscoitoso said:

Hello.

You have a good, really a good point, but pay attention: I am not suggesting reduction in the crafting system, in esscence all schematics and way to craft and forge items still the same, the only change I am suggesting is the reduction of one bench. But ok if he dont like my suggestion.

Thank you for your attention.

Subquake is just building the core of his mod. When this is stable, a hole lot more content will come. And thats where the forge and blacksmith forge come in.

And, as already mentioned, a smelter (forge) and an forge (blacksmith forge) runs on different temperatures.  You would either just dont smelt ore or you riun any ignot, as the fire is WAY to hot.

I see your point in having these combined, but there are just not the same item or serve the same purpose. So, you can ask Subquake, sure. But i wont get my hopes up, sorry.

Regarding to your wood related calculation...

Well, thats basically correct. It is way to expensive, to craft your own base at the start. And thats just intentional. You are supposed to take shelter in an prefab. To repair and strengthen it for the first few bloodmoons.

Hint: skip building with wood, when not necessary. Gather clay instead and use it to craft with bricks. They are much more durable and clay is in the forest really easy to come by in abundance. You can later upgrade it to cement, for better protection.

Oh, and im with you about having more molds and more moldslots. We could craft ammo without them, but at a higher cost, and the molds for ammo should be loot only. Just my idea :)