Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

After several thousand hours of vanilla, I just started playing UL and I absolutely love it.  Such a gorgeous UI.  I love the mix of perks and LBD.  The variety of upgradeable workstations, vehicles, and items is fantastic.  My only minor peeve is that I wish there was an option to tweak how much data you get when scrapping schematics, because the data grind is just a wee bit too grindy for my tastes (but that's not a deal-breaker).

I'm on day 33 of my playthrough and realized that I've kind of outgrown (i.e., cleaned out) my starter town.  I would like to move my base to a larger city nearby that has a downtown area.  Given the weight of the workstations, I'm wondering what the best solution is.  Multiple trips on my wee bicycle seems painful.  I'm wondering if I should grind to get a vehicle repair kit and repair one of the cargo vans or SUVs around town.   Would that (and steroids) give me enough capacity to move several workstations at once?

Speaking of workstations, I wonder if it would be possible to add an option for some kind of particle effect when a workstation has something in its output.  I can't tell you how many times I've repaired my wrench only to leave it sitting in the maintenance station and don't realize it until I'm in the middle of a quest.  Or left a bunch of food in the campfire.

Thanks for a great mod, Subquake.  I think I'm down for another couple thousand hours with UL.

2 hours ago, jdifran said:

I'm wondering if I should grind to get a vehicle repair kit and repair one of the cargo vans or SUVs around town.   Would that (and steroids) give me enough capacity to move several workstations at once?

Yes, after 33 days, I'm surprised you are still using only a bike. I would take a look at what you have for looted items saved up (which type of tires, or engines, etc.), which schematics you've unlocked, and go from there. You also may be able to buy a motorcycle or some other vehicle from trader.

1 hour ago, walkingwounded said:

Other than minibikes (and presumably tablesaws?) is there a source for compact engines? I've been looking for one for two game days and coming up short.

Really enjoying UL so far, but still lots to learn.

cement mixers too

5 hours ago, jdifran said:

After several thousand hours of vanilla, I just started playing UL and I absolutely love it.  Such a gorgeous UI.  I love the mix of perks and LBD.  The variety of upgradeable workstations, vehicles, and items is fantastic.  My only minor peeve is that I wish there was an option to tweak how much data you get when scrapping schematics, because the data grind is just a wee bit too grindy for my tastes (but that's not a deal-breaker).

I'm on day 33 of my playthrough and realized that I've kind of outgrown (i.e., cleaned out) my starter town.  I would like to move my base to a larger city nearby that has a downtown area.  Given the weight of the workstations, I'm wondering what the best solution is.  Multiple trips on my wee bicycle seems painful.  I'm wondering if I should grind to get a vehicle repair kit and repair one of the cargo vans or SUVs around town.   Would that (and steroids) give me enough capacity to move several workstations at once?

Speaking of workstations, I wonder if it would be possible to add an option for some kind of particle effect when a workstation has something in its output.  I can't tell you how many times I've repaired my wrench only to leave it sitting in the maintenance station and don't realize it until I'm in the middle of a quest.  Or left a bunch of food in the campfire.

Thanks for a great mod, Subquake.  I think I'm down for another couple thousand hours with UL.

Well, you sure should repair a vehicle. The more it can carry, the better. I would even recommend an truck, if thats possible for you.

Cars can hold quite some wight, but your inventory also counts to that. Not, that you load up your car and start wondering why it wont move ;)

The particle effects sounds cool. But I know no one with these problems. No, never forgot the shotgun in an horde night in the maintenance station. Not me... :D

6 hours ago, jdifran said:

With a bicycle it would be a pain, and i think you would need serveral days to move all the stuff you own for sure.

Minibikes should pretty easy to common by, since the engine for these can get from salvaging table saws/concret mixter.

But motorcycle engines are harder to get, since repairable motorcycle are very rare, you should better buy one from a trader.

Maybe you should take a look at, that give you an overview about the vehicle stats to decide which one you want to own.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OiNGJD7ZP25-TZd4UNpFYLnnpNye4w0tFbQNAygVTIs/edit#gid=1151709785

14 hours ago, Canute said:

T5 mission exist, but it could be at you don't have a suitable T5 location around the traders maybe.

I know there was at last one overhaul i played that have limited search radius for mission POI, so you don't get send 5km away for a lvl 5.

Maybe that is the case for Ul, i don't remember.

But then the trader can't offer you any quests since the lack of close by POI, and buried supplies don't exist for T4/5.

Well crap, that might the problem then. The trader is really close to two large cities, so it seems weird if nothing is suitable for Tier 5, but this is my first time ever getting to tier 5, so can't really say. It has been something like 8 or 9 days since we completed Tier 4, so that shouldn't be the problem. Honestly, we've been talking about  moving to a snow Biome anyway thats more central in the map, maybe we just start over there with a new trader and see what happens in another 50+ hours when we get back to Tier 5 haha

1 hour ago, Onoes said:

Well crap, that might the problem then. The trader is really close to two large cities, so it seems weird if nothing is suitable for Tier 5, but this is my first time ever getting to tier 5, so can't really say. It has been something like 8 or 9 days since we completed Tier 4, so that shouldn't be the problem. Honestly, we've been talking about  moving to a snow Biome anyway thats more central in the map, maybe we just start over there with a new trader and see what happens in another 50+ hours when we get back to Tier 5 haha

If you want to accelerate the trader leveling I think you can just spam T1 and T2's for a few days to unlock T4 and T5's (presuming you are equipped for that strategy). At least in Vanilla and DF you can do that. If UL does not care about it, just spam the lowest level clears and fetches available each day by 'speed running' 3 or 4 in a day and ignore the harder/slower quests until you are ready. If not your cup of tea, well, enjoy it your way, just have fun.

Hi had a question about my server set up. been setting up a server for me and my friends. got everything set up and read to go but when I tried to connect to my own server it said the server had a unknown version on it. Even though i copied the same game files that I used from my client side one. I don't know what is causing this cause from what i see there is nothing that states what version the server is running and what version the client in running other then when you open the game with the mod active. The server works fine with vanilla 7 days to die even when it is set up for alpha 20.5 like it is needed for running the mod. Just wanted to see if anyone had any input that could of changed the server so it would not work with what is installed with the client.

And yes I did do a fresh install of the mod from the website, and put it on both the server and the client, had no issue on the client hosting but as soon i tried to connect to the server it still said that there was a unknown version of the mod on the server. i am stumped over what to do.

1 hour ago, sinsidious said:

Hi had a question about my server set up. been setting up a server for me and my friends. got everything set up and read to go but when I tried to connect to my own server it said the server had a unknown version on it. Even though i copied the same game files that I used from my client side one. I don't know what is causing this cause from what i see there is nothing that states what version the server is running and what version the client in running other then when you open the game with the mod active. The server works fine with vanilla 7 days to die even when it is set up for alpha 20.5 like it is needed for running the mod. Just wanted to see if anyone had any input that could of changed the server so it would not work with what is installed with the client.

And yes I did do a fresh install of the mod from the website, and put it on both the server and the client, had no issue on the client hosting but as soon i tried to connect to the server it still said that there was a unknown version of the mod on the server. i am stumped over what to do.

If server is on linux, you have to run it through run_bepinex_server.sh

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

If server is on linux, you have to run it through run_bepinex_server.sh

i did do that forgot to mention that, we changed the base server that comes with the game file and renamed that old, and changed yours to the base game name. unless that is what is causing the issue?

5 hours ago, Alexmcpyro said:

I have been trying to install UL and it works great but when I go to run 7D2D I get the this error "EXC MissingFieldException: Field 'XUiC_ServersList.serverCounts' not found" please help. 

I had the same issue. Than i looked at the required version of the game and "downgraded" it to A20.5

12 hours ago, Alexmcpyro said:

I have been trying to install UL and it works great but when I go to run 7D2D I get the this error "EXC MissingFieldException: Field 'XUiC_ServersList.serverCounts' not found" please help. 

How did you instal UL ?

When you use the Modlauncher, be sure you don't use the old 2.x version if it. You need to download the 3.x and install that. Update won't update 2.x to 3.x .

Another common mistake is.

You NEED to have 7d2d  version 20.5.

When you have 20.6 installed use the steam beta tab and select 20.5 to install.

unknown.png

Edited by Canute (see edit history)

7 hours ago, Canute said:

How did you instal UL ?

When you use the Modlauncher, be sure you don't use the old 2.x version if it. You need to download the 3.x and install that. Update won't update 2.x to 3.x .

Another common mistake is.

You NEED to have 7d2d  version 20.5.

When you have 20.6 installed use the steam beta tab and select 20.5 to install.

unknown.png

Thank you!

Really hyped to play this mod after watching Jawoodles play through on youtube.  I was wondering if its worth starting a 70+ hour play through with a friend though with 20.6 in mind.  Is there an eta on an update? Also if i were to update it would it mean i have to start a new play through or would it be compatible with a 20.5 save file after updating.  Sorry for all the questions.  Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Llama King said:

Really hyped to play this mod after watching Jawoodles play through on youtube.  I was wondering if its worth starting a 70+ hour play through with a friend though with 20.6 in mind.  Is there an eta on an update? Also if i were to update it would it mean i have to start a new play through or would it be compatible with a 20.5 save file after updating.  Sorry for all the questions.  Thanks.

The only ETA I can give is soon, hopefully old saves will be compatible, but it is to be determined.

Looks like the reason that the scifi doors with the exception of the iron one aren't seen as colladable objects by pathing  is because the fun pimps didn't update what objects effect pathing. From what i can see that part goes back quite a few versions and hasn't been updated. On a side note these guys can tend to freak a person out in the wrong lighting and maybe doing a chucky lol

demon.jpg

3 hours ago, Subquake said:

The only ETA I can give is soon, hopefully old saves will be compatible, but it is to be determined.

Take your time i am quite sure everyone more then happy to wait.

Is there a 'secret' to using the elevators effectively? It seems most of the time my van just falls through the floor (if I'm lucky). First time it did this it went bonkers and eventually destroyed the elevator (thankfully not the van, it was full at the time). Is there a 'sweet spot' I should be aiming for? Any advice would be appreciated.

5 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

Is there a 'secret' to using the elevators effectively? It seems most of the time my van just falls through the floor (if I'm lucky). First time it did this it went bonkers and eventually destroyed the elevator (thankfully not the van, it was full at the time). Is there a 'sweet spot' I should be aiming for? Any advice would be appreciated.

Don't leave the vehicle on the elevator parked, when no one is driving vehicles, their physics calculations stop and/ore are incorrect. And when you use it, best to hop in the vehicle quickly for proper physics to calculate. It's just a platform that physically pushes things up, there's no special code involved with it, pretty much a glorified door :D

10 hours ago, Subquake said:

Don't leave the vehicle on the elevator parked, when no one is driving vehicles, their physics calculations stop and/ore are incorrect. And when you use it, best to hop in the vehicle quickly for proper physics to calculate. It's just a platform that physically pushes things up, there's no special code involved with it, pretty much a glorified door :D

Maybe that is what I been watching online. They perhaps just hop in after activating the lift and I've never picked up on that. Thank you.