Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

2 hours ago, illusions said:

Questions if I may.  I’m new to the UL, and I’m trying to sort out how this works. I have a server through gameservers, 8 slots, they have to increase me to 16 slots for the UL.  So before I start it and switch over…

I see you have an update coming out.. should I wait till after the update to start it up? Will I lose the progress at updates?

Maps, do I generate a RGW map on a single player game and load it onto the server, as I did on vanilla server? 

thanks!!

Undead Legacy 2.5.82 does not work on A20.6 and you have to roll back your game and server version to A20.5 to keep playing UL and that will fix the issue until UL 2.6.01 is released. For client you can do that by right clicking your game on Steam, then Properties. In the Property window go to Betas and select Alpha 20.5.

In theory UL 2.6 will be old save compatible. I usually generate RWG map locally, then upload it to server via FTP

6 hours ago, Subquake said:

Undead Legacy 2.5.82 does not work on A20.6 and you have to roll back your game and server version to A20.5 to keep playing UL and that will fix the issue until UL 2.6.01 is released. For client you can do that by right clicking your game on Steam, then Properties. In the Property window go to Betas and select Alpha 20.5

I should have clarified better.. the above I understand. No problem here.

its the server side I’m concerned on with this … having to have the host install, I read that updates currently take a full reinstall ( old save should be compatible you commented, thanks that helps me there ! ) so on updates, does the server side need reinstalling as well?, just to clarify that portion.  

Your overhaul looks freaking amazing! I’m very impressed on the work you done, coming in late to the game on this on this one. Never played much with an overhaul… I feel like I’ve been missing out on this!! 

thanks subquake !!

Just now, illusions said:

I should have clarified better.. the above I understand. No problem here.

its the server side I’m concerned on with this … having to have the host install, I read that updates currently take a full reinstall ( old save should be compatible you commented, thanks that helps me there ! ) so on updates, does the server side need reinstalling as well?, just to clarify that portion.  

Your overhaul looks freaking amazing! I’m very impressed on the work you done, coming in late to the game on this on this one. Never played much with an overhaul… I feel like I’ve been missing out on this!! 

thanks subquake !!

For the most part 2.6 will be be compatible with old saves.

Gasoline ...  I've been picking up empty cans and filling them wherever I found gasoline, now I have a bunch of cans each holding a small amount of gasoline. How do I dump this into one container ? I collected one of the groups of 4 drums and managed to empty one of my small cans into it but when I equipped the next small can all I could do was collect what I'd just put into the drums. What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers

5 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Gasoline ...  I've been picking up empty cans and filling them wherever I found gasoline, now I have a bunch of cans each holding a small amount of gasoline. How do I dump this into one container ? I collected one of the groups of 4 drums and managed to empty one of my small cans into it but when I equipped the next small can all I could do was collect what I'd just put into the drums. What am I doing wrong ?

Cheers

hold E on the fuel block for multiple options.

6 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Cheers

You should place a barrel or a 4barrel palette at your base, then you can empty you half filled can at these barrel.
Empty barrels can be filled at the barrel, like you maybe did before.

5 hours ago, Subquake said:

hold E on the fuel block for multiple options.

HOLD E. Right. Ok, if anybody wants me I'll be over in the corner eating crayons and licking windows and getting ready to get cooked like the potato I truly am. This is embarrassing.

1 hour ago, thanosgr99 said:

so i installed it playing at alpha 20.5 and i get spammed with errors telling me : xui error while updating window group. can anyone help?

I need more information. Did you install it using Mod Launcher or manually? Is Compo Pack involved, anything more?

1 hour ago, thanosgr99 said:

so i installed it playing at alpha 20.5 and i get spammed with errors telling me : xui error while updating window group. can anyone help?

Well, lets check the list ;)

Did you generate a new map?

Do you use other overhaul mods? Or an mod, that alters things like gas and gas consumption?

Try to delete those and generate a new map.

Try to redownload UL and reinstall it.

Try to do an fresh install of 7DtD and UL only.

Edit:

Subquake postet while I was writing :D

Edited by Iewie (see edit history)

Hi Subquake, thanks for this mod, it's really great. I have been trying to enjoy it but I am having crashes all the time every 15 minutes to 30 minutes. I used the mod launcher to do the install and I made sure to use Alpha 20 b42. I also generated a new world with the mod installed. Is there anything you could think of I could check on my side to fix this? Thanks!

Edited by Belenos
spelling (see edit history)

37 minutes ago, Belenos said:

Hi Subquake, thanks for this mod, it's really great. I have been trying to enjoy it but I am having crashes all the time every 15 minutes to 30 minutes. I used the mod launcher to do the install and I made sure to use Alpha 20 b42. I also generated a new world with the mod installed. Is there anything you could think of I could check on my side to fix this? Thanks!

You need A20.5b2, as for crashes, it heavily depends on your PC setup

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

You need A20.5b2, as for crashes, it heavily depends on your PC setup

Thanks for the reply. I reinstalled the mod through the launcher and I could see it advises to use A20.4... anyway, I grabbed version 20.5 and the game started fine. I tried my old save from 20.4 and it crashed so I generated another world and went I tried to start a new game it crashed after a long while while "Looking for survivors".

New user here.. On my first load in after the loading I seem to had froze on the cool ass graphic before the game have dropped me in ..

I control alt deleted out.. restarted, and been fine since.

7D2D as much as we love her can be a little buggy. 
Happens. 

And, Holy Zed Dead of all unholy !!!

This freaking Overhaul is AWESOME!!

Mr Subquake,  fkng job well done !!

thanks for your hard work and giving us the new challenges!!! 

Edited by illusions
Spelling/corrections (see edit history)

13 hours ago, Belenos said:

Thanks for the reply. I reinstalled the mod through the launcher and I could see it advises to use A20.4... anyway, I grabbed version 20.5 and the game started fine. I tried my old save from 20.4 and it crashed so I generated another world and went I tried to start a new game it crashed after a long while while "Looking for survivors".

9 hours ago, Tales said:

same problem with me game crash after about 10 to 15 minutes in game, sometimes crash in loading the map too.

Version game: A20.5b2 - last version UL 2.5.82

Check the error logs, but a safe bet would be your game running out of memory.

Undead Legacy needs a lot of ram to work properly, I had the same issues with 16GBs until I got to increase my pagefile size.

8 hours ago, MassiveGiraffe said:

Check the error logs, but a safe bet would be your game running out of memory.

Undead Legacy needs a lot of ram to work properly, I had the same issues with 16GBs until I got to increase my pagefile size.

It was the paging memory, I made some changes here and now it works without problems.

Thanks bro;

Hello Subquake! I would like to congratulate you again for the mode. I had some bugs with a dedicated server that occurred after 200 Days. as a dedicated server I use a Core I5 4210U with 6GB of ram, 120GB SSD and GeForce 840m. Bugs are varied, from item loss, workbench timer bug, redenrization loss, and loss of artifacts such as trees and grass. Could these bugs be related to the hardware configuration?

6 hours ago, DotaScar said:

Hello Subquake! I would like to congratulate you again for the mode. I had some bugs with a dedicated server that occurred after 200 Days. as a dedicated server I use a Core I5 4210U with 6GB of ram, 120GB SSD and GeForce 840m. Bugs are varied, from item loss, workbench timer bug, redenrization loss, and loss of artifacts such as trees and grass. Could these bugs be related to the hardware configuration?

Not enough ram, 6gb is not enough, I would recommend at least 10-12gb for UL server

53 minutes ago, Kman03 said:

Just curious, do nests respawn their loot even when the No Loot Respawn is checked?

Yes.

I play allways with no loot respawn , and destroy all nest normaly.
But these nest around traders i couldn't destroy, got refilled the other days.