Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

I have been playing a little and have some thoughts on some stuff!!

Starter base quest asks for 30 wood to make 15 planks but you need 45 to make them!

Pickled jars should give empty glass jar after you eat the pickles!

Nests i think should break down into twigs not grass to help out with gathering of twigs!

Edited by Henrique (see edit history)

Hi Suibquake,

Curious about a couple things.

1) did you remove scrapping of clothes? I just noticed this past build that I couldn't scrap them any more. Not sure if it's been that way all along.

2) Sky skrapers. Did you remove them from the game? I haven't found any yet. mostly found smaller towns and those western themed places.

Thanks.

New version 1.1.1.6 is out, patch notes:

• Change: New UI while riding minibike.
  • Change: Birds Nests when destroyed now will give twgis.
  • Bugfix: Items made out of cloth material can be scrapped now again - Thanks leaderdog for reporting this bug.
  • Bugfix: Starter quest chain was displaying wrong number of required wood to be gathered (because of the increased cost of planks in the previous patch) - Thanks Henrique for noticing this bug.
  • Bugfix: Pickle Jar after consuming now gives empty jar.

Hey Sub!

sledgehammer doesn't give any resources when used on bolder's is that how it's supposed to be?

I haven't touched sledgehammers yet, so I guess so.

I have to check the code, maybe I can improve it in the next version or so and I should probably make different material tips for it as well. Thanks for telling me about this ;)

I have to check the code, maybe I can improve it in the next version or so and I should probably make different material tips for it as well. Thanks for telling me about this ;)

I also noticed that your moldy bread and moldy bread slice doesn't give you poison when eaten is that intended?

sorry to keep asking stuff i will make a bigger list and ask all at once!! :)

Edited by Henrique (see edit history)

That's the way it is in Vanilla. The sledge does a good chunk of damage but compensates by not giving materials.

Personally, I never saw a need for it so I just scrap them.

Never mind bud it's working fine it gives resources!!!

Sorry thx!!

Empty crates

Let me start... LOVE the UI and am enjoying the mod. Thanks for all the work, it is a great addition to the various mods out there. Also, big thanks for keeping it updated. I meant to ask about the clothes scrapping issue you recently fixed.

I'm wondering if you meant to make certain loot crates empty. I am playing a new world with the Compo pack, just for the variety. I found the Retirement Village and went into the loading docks... the first floor had great loot, but all the boxes upstairs were empty (I think they are called "insecure" or something). I checked maybe 20 or so, all completely empty. Also found another custom POI with the same crates, also empty.

I'm not upset, as when they are filled (like in War of the Walkers) it kinda breaks the game, as the amount of loot you get is silly. I know your mod is not supposed to be like WotW, and I appreciate that difference. But, it would be nice to get SOMETHING in those crates (even if just a tiny chance of something great, or just normal loot like cloth or food).

Anyway, thanks for a great mod.

Let me start... LOVE the UI and am enjoying the mod. Thanks for all the work, it is a great addition to the various mods out there. Also, big thanks for keeping it updated. I meant to ask about the clothes scrapping issue you recently fixed.

I'm wondering if you meant to make certain loot crates empty. I am playing a new world with the Compo pack, just for the variety. I found the Retirement Village and went into the loading docks... the first floor had great loot, but all the boxes upstairs were empty (I think they are called "insecure" or something). I checked maybe 20 or so, all completely empty. Also found another custom POI with the same crates, also empty.

I'm not upset, as when they are filled (like in War of the Walkers) it kinda breaks the game, as the amount of loot you get is silly. I know your mod is not supposed to be like WotW, and I appreciate that difference. But, it would be nice to get SOMETHING in those crates (even if just a tiny chance of something great, or just normal loot like cloth or food).

Anyway, thanks for a great mod.

Thanks and glad you are enjoying the mod! However regarding your issue with Compo pack. Many of the prefabs in the pack aren't fully updated to A16 and some of the crates use player associated loot lists, therefore they will never spawn anything in them. If you could contact me on the discord channel and post some screenshots there with those containers in question, I might look them up in the game files, check what loot list ID they use and we can make this work for the future :)

Thanks and glad you are enjoying the mod! However regarding your issue with Compo pack. Many of the prefabs in the pack aren't fully updated to A16 and some of the crates use player associated loot lists, therefore they will never spawn anything in them. If you could contact me on the discord channel and post some screenshots there with those containers in question, I might look them up in the game files, check what loot list ID they use and we can make this work for the future :)

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm an old dude and this is my first (and only) PC game. I don't really know what Discord is, or even how to take or post screenshots. Maybe somebody with a modicum of PC skills can get SUB the info above... sorry... total PC noob here (counsel gamer until 7dtd).

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately, I'm an old dude and this is my first (and only) PC game. I don't really know what Discord is, or even how to take or post screenshots. Maybe somebody with a modicum of PC skills can get SUB the info above... sorry... total PC noob here (counsel gamer until 7dtd).

Again, sorry for being a noob. To see what I am referring too, please check out Games4Kickz' youtube video (the very first part, intro, shows the types of crates I was referring too):

The screen shows the name: "Storage Box Insecure"

Again, I do NOT want the amount/type of loot you would find in War of the Walkers (like G4K found in the video) as that is WAY TOO much for this mod. Would just like to find some things, even just basic stuff, or just a 1/1000 chance at purple quality loot.

Hope that helps!

New version is out, patch notes 1.1.1.7 2017-12-21:

- Change: New map interface.

- Change: Iron Sledgehammer stats modified.

- Change: Rare Tools loot balanced (included very rare Titanium Tools)

- Change: Reduced scrap metal gained by scrapping Paint.

- Change: Added loot to storage chests with loot list 10 (Should fix some containers not spawning loot in Compo Pack and other custom prefabs using generic storage crates/boxes)

- New Items: Iron Sledgehammer Tip, Steel Sledgehammer Tip, Titanium Sledgehammer Tip, Steel Sledgehammer, Titanium Sledgehammer, Steel Sledgehammer Schematic, Titanium Sledgehammer Schematic.

- Bugfix: Moldy foods didn't have a food poisoning buff chance - now fixed.

- Bugfix: Tools when scrapped gave 1 iron - now fixed, give a little bit less iron than required to make them.

- Bugfix: Player and container dropped bags didn't have enough slots.

- Known issue: Titanium tools can't have material titanium (game won't output any collision hit sounds) so their material is set to iron so scrapping titanium tools won't give you titanium.

Screenshot of the new map window:

LdsCZub.png

Some notes: Initially I wanted to change the size of the map to be much wider, however sadly not only the size of the map is hardcoded, but also the map screen can't be moved, since the icons are also hard coded to that specific screen space in the middle where the map is by default. Also waypoints list is also hardcoded to 8 entries, changing to less results in a critical error, adding more results into empty additional rows.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Is there a way to get gears other than crafting them? Really digging the mod btw!

Yes, they are a part of construction material loot list so garages, construction worker zombies etc. Pretty much anything can be found as loot with the exception of raw titanium ore, scrap titanium or titanium ingots - those 3 items can only be bought from traders.

Yes, they are a part of construction material loot list so garages, construction worker zombies etc. Pretty much anything can be found as loot with the exception of raw titanium ore, scrap titanium or titanium ingots - those 3 items can only be bought from traders.

Oh good. They're pretty deep in the blacksmithing tree! About titanium, can we mine the ore?

Oh good. They're pretty deep in the blacksmithing tree! About titanium, can we mine the ore?

For now no, there is no other way to get titanium other than traders, because titanium tools and armor are that good - endgame stuff. But in the future I have plans to add it as a small % chance to some ore, not sure which one yet though.

Currently there are no plans on changing anything related to world generation or POIs (Points of Interest) in rwgmixer.xml, because TFP are working hard on making new POIs for A17 and I will let them do that bit. This also opens up Undead Legacy to be compatible with prefab mods such as Compo Pack.