Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

• 4 months later...

@Subquake: I saw you posting in the A16 bug reports thread. Any news here on this project? Maybe you can share your files on github, so that other people can work on the mod, too.

@Subquake: I saw you posting in the A16 bug reports thread. Any news here on this project? Maybe you can share your files on github, so that other people can work on the mod, too.
Actually yes, but I was intentionally not posting anything on this thread, because I wanted to post only when I'm confident to release it for download.

But since you have asked, then here's some progress update:

Added a new workstation: Tool Bench, that is a workbench, that has tool slots on it. Currently used to craft ammo by using special tools such as Bullet Reloading Press and Hydraulic press to make bullet casings. Default ammo recipes removed from workbench.

Added tool slots for chemistry station, because I plan to have tools. Added Mortar And Pestle tool for making paint and plan to add a molecular analyzer tool for making antibiotics.

Added even more items (40+ on top of what I had), reintroduced molds - specifically for bullet making at the moment, because different bullet diameters can't have same size bullet tips. Too much to list, so here's a pic: http://i.imgur.com/XQWhv0N.png

All the new organic related items such as food can be scrapped into organic waste, that can be used into crafting fertilizer. I will also go through the default ingame food items to make them scrap able as well.

I've completed the first iteration of implementing all the new items within the loot.xml and rebalanced some of the existing loot probabilities, since I was unhappy to see, that most loot containers had a chance to get from 0 to 2 items, and most of them I changed: 1 to 3 items to also compensate the increased influx of new items, that can be gained.

Currently I am working on adding recipes, that will integrate all the new items in the game, once it's done, I will pass the mod to some people to bug/balance testing before public release.

Things, that will probably be done later after the release: Map UI, Skills UI, Journal UI, Quests UI, Players UI, Electricity related UI.

ETA: Ready for A16 Non-experimental.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Wow, that's amazing. And the quality of the pictures of the new items is very nice. I'm really looking forward to play this mod. Keep up the great work! And thanks for the ETA ;)

Chears!

I'm wondering when you do fully release this, will you have the UI as a separate download?

Cause I love the look of the ui so far.

Clean and allot better than what it looks like now.

I am considering it.

But it will look slightly different, because the default game doesn't have 6 tool slots for the workstations as well as the inventory space of the minibikes basket is much, much smaller.

My primary focus will still be updating/developing the mod, because the UI portion is just supplementary for the mod to give that feeling, that I want to achieve while playing it, since I'm not a big fan of the flat gray default UI.

Note: If The Fun Pimps won't make drastic changes to the UI XML structures, it won't be difficult to keep it updated, since I'm not editing XML files by hand.

So I've been busy for the last couple of days tweaking the recipes and while I was doing that I realized, that I wasn't quite happy with how ammunition was done with the modifications I made with the mod.

In the end I repainted almost all the ammunition related icons and here's the result:

Currently in the mod there are following round types: 9mm, 10mm, .44 Mag, .357 Mag, 7.62x39mm, Shotgun Slug, Shotgun Shell, Rockets

i47YXDO.png

Bullets that are in 1st to 4th column can't be crafted and can only be found as loot. The idea for this was, that they are basically pre-apocalypse manufactured bullets. However from 5th to 7th column, those are DIY bullets, that have slightly lower stats than factory manufactured ones, since they don't have a coated lead bullet/projectile, but just crude lead poured into a mold in the forge.

There are three types of bullets for each round type (except shotguns): Standard, Hollow Point and Incendiary. Incendiary has only DIY version, because they are basically a modified version of Hollow Point rounds with an igniting compound filled in the empty hollow end of the bullet.

And here are the bullets and casings for respective rounds:

jycxvxk.png

To make the DIY bullets you will require to learn the required perks just as in the default game, but they will be divided into 3 perk levels:

1st lvl - standard round, casing and standard bullet;

2st lvl - hollow point round and bullet;

3st lvl - incendiary round and bullet.

Casings, bullet tips for standard and hollow point are made in the forge, but the incendiary is made on the chemistry bench using the hollow point bullet as the base item.

As for the shotgun stuff and rockets:

95vT45I.png

They will get some love a little bit later on down the road, since they don't have much variety, just the regular shell and slug.

Also, since the stacks are of 500 units for the ammunition, I made this stack for auto turrets, that can't be converted back to bullets or used as ammo for hand held guns:

gYNbS3h.png

It's crafted from 9mm stock or DIY bullets, however this item will probably be obsolete once I get my time on increasing the slot count for the UI of auto turrets.

And as an end note I would like to add, that all the bullets, gun parts and guns have balanced prices (based on existing costs and resource costs of making bullets) and recipes are all done, not to mention, that all the new icons are made with a resolution of 232x160, then scaled down to 116x80, that means that the images won't lose as much detail when rotated, scaled or clipped (such as adding bullets alongside the ammo boxes). Here's some examples:

DGCXoDT.pngmB993KO.png

Next thing, that I am going to focus on are all the consumables and their recipes, that will come with the mod.

Bullets that are in 1st to 4th column can't be crafted and can only be found as loot. The idea for this was, that they are basically pre-apocalypse manufactured bullets. However from 5th to 7th column, those are DIY bullets, that have slightly lower stats than factory manufactured ones, since they don't have a coated lead bullet/projectile, but just crude lead poured into a mold in the forge.

There are three types of bullets for each round type (except shotguns): Standard, Hollow Point and Incendiary. Incendiary has only DIY version, because they are basically a modified version of Hollow Point rounds with an igniting compound filled in the empty hollow end of the bullet.

To make the DIY bullets you will require to learn the required perks just as in the default game, but they will be divided into 3 perk levels:

1st lvl - standard round, casing and standard bullet;

2st lvl - hollow point round and bullet;

3st lvl - incendiary round and bullet.

Casings, bullet tips for standard and hollow point are made in the forge, but the incendiary is made on the chemistry bench using the hollow point bullet as the base item.

LOVE concept of pre apocalyptic ammo being loot only and slightly better.

A16 is out, already? And I'm here stuck at work, doing work stuff. I'm sure I checked it yesterday and it wasn't out yet and last build had so many bugs and glitches.

Regarding the mod. I recently added Sulfur items and updated recipes on how to make gunpowder. It always bugged me, that you could make it just using coal and nitrate and don't worry, in the end it will be cheaper to make gunpowder than before, but only using chem station (7 coal + 2 nitrate + 1 sulfur = 10 gunpowder).

And it will take me a few more days to add recipes for food and other things before play testing it.

Hopefully it will be ready for play-testing/debugging by the end of this week (by a small group of people, that I will share it with on steam) and if everything goes well, next week perhaps? Well see :rapture:

I think i am more excited for this release than when A16 came out lol :)