Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

3 hours ago, Spladow said:

Objects appearing as matte black in Undead Legacy?

I am noticing that a number of objects, especially vehicles, are appearing with no color – just dark black - in Undead Legacy. This also happens with signed Iron Chests in my base.  Some cars look fine in the game.  Cars do appear with the right coloring in the Creative Menu when I select them to drop into the world, but appear pitch black when dropped?  See screenshots below.

Is this just some kind of graphics setting on my part or maybe the model has too dark a color?  If its a setting on my end I appreciate the tips for improving the look of this storage material.  This makes choosing a car to repair less enjoyable 😜

-- Spladow

2022-11-08_09-16-54.jpg

2022-11-09_07-59-08.jpg

Update your graphics drivers and make sure in your graphics options Reflections are turned at least to Low

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

Update your graphics drivers and make sure in your graphics options Reflections are turned at least to Low

I tried multiple video setting changes, including setting Reflections to "High", with no change in the look of the iron chests or vehicles.  Note the screenshot below.  It's only the one iron chest model that is coming up as matte black, and only some cars and trucks (maybe ones that are always black). The other iron chest version (in the stack of boxes above) is showing up correctly in the gray color.

With vehicles, the police vehicles, some ambulances and trucks, goKart, some motorcycles, etc. appear in this matte black.  Cars that are bright colors (red, yellow, white, etc.) seem to display fine.

I'm on Mac OS 12.6.  27" iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 24 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB.  Can't really update the drivers, as this is controlled by Apple. Maybe it is something that can be tweaked some other way.  Maybe in the code itself.  I had a similar issue with graphics problems in a game called the Long Dark (Hinterland), that the developers had me switch to some other graphics engine until they could fix the standarm Mac graphics engine.  Not sure if that tidbit helps this discussion...

I seem to recall vanilla 7D2D also had some objects that were matte black, but I would need to double check that.

2022-11-09_12-51-50.jpg

2 hours ago, Spladow said:

I tried multiple video setting changes, including setting Reflections to "High", with no change in the look of the iron chests or vehicles.  Note the screenshot below.  It's only the one iron chest model that is coming up as matte black, and only some cars and trucks (maybe ones that are always black). The other iron chest version (in the stack of boxes above) is showing up correctly in the gray color.

With vehicles, the police vehicles, some ambulances and trucks, goKart, some motorcycles, etc. appear in this matte black.  Cars that are bright colors (red, yellow, white, etc.) seem to display fine.

I'm on Mac OS 12.6.  27" iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2019), 3.7 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i5, 24 GB 2667 MHz DDR4, Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB.  Can't really update the drivers, as this is controlled by Apple. Maybe it is something that can be tweaked some other way.  Maybe in the code itself.  I had a similar issue with graphics problems in a game called the Long Dark (Hinterland), that the developers had me switch to some other graphics engine until they could fix the standarm Mac graphics engine.  Not sure if that tidbit helps this discussion...

I seem to recall vanilla 7D2D also had some objects that were matte black, but I would need to double check that.

2022-11-09_12-51-50.jpg

Shame Apple not good for gaming because can't update driver I think should switch to Window 10 or 11 work fine update driver for AMD or NVIDIA.
Apple for media & art & heavy edit video & any create things.

Windows for gaming & light edit video.

18 hours ago, Wolves Hero said:

Shame Apple not good for gaming because can't update driver I think should switch to Window 10 or 11 work fine update driver for AMD or NVIDIA.
Apple for media & art & heavy edit video & any create things.

Windows for gaming & light edit video.

Well Wolves Hero, how's about we don't tell people their personal views on platforms and stick to my posted issue.  I don't have any issues on any of the other games I play (including Vanilla 7D2D) with graphics rendering.  7D2D is a multi-platform game and as long as it stays that way, it should work equally well on any system: Mac or PC.

I'd love to hear from any other Mac gamers playing UL if they are experiencing the same issues, or maybe I am missing some sort of graphics setting to fix the issue.  It could also just simply be some incompatability with the 3D models and coloring in the code.  I don't know at this point.  Maybe Subquake can dig in a little on this to see if he could solve the problem (I am a paid supporter!)

-- Spladow

A little bit crappy to test, but if you create a new copy of the 7 days to die folder, and put in a new copy of UL, does the issue persist? That will narrow down whether its an issue with your game specifically, or just an issue with UL. 

If the issue does persist, can you try making a new clean copy of your 7 days to die game, and put in the last stable UL release and see if that makes any difference. If that works then at least it tells Subquake that there is an issue, and its specific to the experimental version.

Just helping him narrow it down.

Edited by Onoes (see edit history)

On 7/14/2022 at 11:20 AM, Anarath said:

I got it running on macOS 10.14.6 (Mojave) and it probably works for higher versions of macOS as well (?).

[7 Days to Die Alpha 20.5 (b2) and Undead Legacy 2.5.82]

Just started the game, generated a new world (which took quiet long and close to the end I thought the game may had crashed, but it didn't - so be VERY patient!) and looked at my surroundings for like 15 seconds.

So, following these steps gets you at least to that point. Anything after that ... you have to find out yourself 😅

Installing Undead Legacy
1. Download Undead Legacy and open the UndeadLegacy folder afterwards.
2. Open your 7 Days to Die folder (user/Library/Application Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7 Days to Die).
    2.1 Make a backup of your current Mods folder!
3. Move the following files and folders from the UndeadLegacy folder to your 7 Days to Die folder:
    BepInEx
    doorstep_config.ini
    doorstep_libs
    Mods
    run_bepinex.sh
4. Right-click on the 7DaysToDie application, press and hold the Command key and choose "Show Package Contents".
5. Copy following files and folders from the 7 Days to Die folder to the 7DaysToDie application:
    Mods
    serverconfig.xml
6. Open the Terminal application.
7. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die 
8. Copy & paste this and hit enter: chmod u+x run_bepinex.sh
9. You have successfuly installed Undead Legacy.

Starting Undead Legacy
1. Open the Terminal application.
2. Copy & paste this and hit enter: cd Library/Application\ Support/Steam/SteamApps/common/7\ Days\ To\ Die 
3. Copy & paste this and hit enter: ./run_bepinex.sh
    3.1 It may take a few moments till the game starts.

3.2 Don't close the Terminal window as long as the game runs.
4. Have fun.

Step3MoveFiles.png

Step5CopyFiles.png

InGame.png

Instructions are great, except for one missing step I had to perform on my Mac running OS 12.6:

• After running bepinex.sh I got a warning from Mac OS saying that the application was from an unknown developer and gave me the options to "Move to Trash" or "Cancel".  I Chose cancel until I got to the end where it stops running.
  • Go to System Preferences > Security and Privacy and click on the "General" tab.  Near the bottom, you should see an option underneath the bullets for "Allow apps downloaded from:" section where it lets you override the security concern for bepines.sh.  
  • Once you click that button, you can return to Terminal and run bepinex.sh.  This time it should launch successfully.

-- Spladow

11 minutes ago, Onoes said:

A little bit crappy to test, but if you create a new copy of the 7 days to die folder, and put in a new copy of UL, does the issue persist? That will narrow down whether its an issue with your game specifically, or just an issue with UL. 

If the issue does persist, can you try making a new clean copy of your 7 days to die game, and put in the last stable UL release and see if that makes any difference. If that works then at least it tells Subquake that there is an issue, and its specific to the experimental version.

Just helping him narrow it down.

Not crappy at all. Great advice! I am a software developer myself (although not a game developer), so the process is meaningful.  Your post is actually one of the steps I planned to take if there weren't other settings or other ideas the community and/or Subquake might have on the issue.  Thanks for a useful and constructive suggestion!

Okay, so I just did a fresh reinstall of Vanilla 7D2D on my Mac (OS 12.6), and installed the latest UL mod so I can run some visual tests to see what happens.  Versions - Alpha 20.6 (b9) and UL 2.6.14.

The first step of getting a fresh copy of 7D2D wasn't easy, as Steam thinks it is still installed even when I move my Vanilla and UL versions of 7D2D out of the root Steam folder.  I used the "Verify Files" option in Steam and it looks like it is reinstalling a fresh copy of them (I noticed no thousands of ".update" files so it looks fresh.

Okay, Just fired up a new world and hopped into GOD mode to fly where I could see some cars.  Dang!  Looks like the issue is definitely in-game and wasn't a corrupted file.  Still see the matte black cars.  What is weird is that when I preview dropping items in-game, even cars, they look fine in the preview, but not after being dropped (see images below).  Maybe the bug/issue is only with certain textures and colors.  

Also tried setting ALL graphics options to ULTRA (regardless of performance) and restarted Steam then UL to see if maybe that might fix the rendering, but the problem persists.  Currently I am noticing the weird "matte black" color on only three objects. There may be more, but these are the only ones I have spotted:

1. Vehicles (some models and colors but not all).  Mostly SUV, Ambulance, Sedan, GoKart, and Black & White, but may be more
  2. Iron chests and large iron chests (see my previous posting pictures).
  3. Recycling table (just discoivered this one) - but only part of it is rendering weird?

#3 with the recycling table really seems to point to a texture that might be bad or being mis-interpreted by the graphics drivers on Mac incorrectly.  99.9% of the game renders perfectly.  If it was a general driver issue, I think I would see a complete mess of rendering problems and the game would be unplayable.  I am really leaning to a texture/object issue, since these are not objects in Vanilla.

Maybe this will help Subquake dig into this issue more.  Any other Mac gamers out there seeing the same things?  It would be nice to get more feedback from other Mac users out there to help resolve this.

2022-11-10_12-37-17.jpeg

2022-11-10_12-40-03.jpeg

1 hour ago, Spladow said:

Not crappy at all. Great advice! I am a software developer myself (although not a game developer), so the process is meaningful.  Your post is actually one of the steps I planned to take if there weren't other settings or other ideas the community and/or Subquake might have on the issue.  Thanks for a useful and constructive suggestion!

Okay, so I just did a fresh reinstall of Vanilla 7D2D on my Mac (OS 12.6), and installed the latest UL mod so I can run some visual tests to see what happens.  Versions - Alpha 20.6 (b9) and UL 2.6.14.

The first step of getting a fresh copy of 7D2D wasn't easy, as Steam thinks it is still installed even when I move my Vanilla and UL versions of 7D2D out of the root Steam folder.  I used the "Verify Files" option in Steam and it looks like it is reinstalling a fresh copy of them (I noticed no thousands of ".update" files so it looks fresh.

Okay, Just fired up a new world and hopped into GOD mode to fly where I could see some cars.  Dang!  Looks like the issue is definitely in-game and wasn't a corrupted file.  Still see the matte black cars.  What is weird is that when I preview dropping items in-game, even cars, they look fine in the preview, but not after being dropped (see images below).  Maybe the bug/issue is only with certain textures and colors.  

Also tried setting ALL graphics options to ULTRA (regardless of performance) and restarted Steam then UL to see if maybe that might fix the rendering, but the problem persists.  Currently I am noticing the weird "matte black" color on only three objects. There may be more, but these are the only ones I have spotted:

1. Vehicles (some models and colors but not all).  Mostly SUV, Ambulance, Sedan, GoKart, and Black & White, but may be more
  2. Iron chests and large iron chests (see my previous posting pictures).
  3. Recycling table (just discoivered this one) - but only part of it is rendering weird?

#3 with the recycling table really seems to point to a texture that might be bad or being mis-interpreted by the graphics drivers on Mac incorrectly.  99.9% of the game renders perfectly.  If it was a general driver issue, I think I would see a complete mess of rendering problems and the game would be unplayable.  I am really leaning to a texture/object issue, since these are not objects in Vanilla.

Maybe this will help Subquake dig into this issue more.  Any other Mac gamers out there seeing the same things?  It would be nice to get more feedback from other Mac users out there to help resolve this.

2022-11-10_12-37-17.jpeg

2022-11-10_12-40-03.jpeg

Half you tried changing the texture settings in the game from full to half?

7 minutes ago, Magnus33john said:

Half you tried changing the texture settings in the game from full to half?

Yep, tried all settings per my prior posting.  Tried none, half and full on Textures.  None affect the matte black issue.  Set everything else to ULTRA.  See screenshot.

2022-11-10_14-25-20.jpg

Edited by Spladow (see edit history)

Hi I am loading the undead legacy mod for the first time and an error message keeps appearing at the top of the loading screen then the game stops loading without any menu options, error message is:

2022-11-12T20:04: 16 EXC MissingFieldException: Field 'XUiC_ServersList.serverCounts' not found.

I am also extremely new to using mods for 7 days to die. Currently using 7 days to die mod launcher by Sphereii as most mods were not working by unzipping the files into a mods folder in 7 days to die folder. So I apologise if this is a super easy or difficult fix.

Tom

..... So it would probably help if i was using it on A20.5 as recommended in the instructions.... will change this via steam and I think that will fix this... I hope 😅

Edit:

This did not work but the amount of messages after the initial message reduced.

Edited by tornven2003
update on current issue (see edit history)

17 hours ago, tornven2003 said:

..... So it would probably help if i was using it on A20.5 as recommended in the instructions.... will change this via steam and I think that will fix this... I hope 😅

Edit:

This did not work but the amount of messages after the initial message reduced.

Just install Undead Legacy Experimental 2.6.14, it's for A20.6, also it will go as stable next week anyway

7 hours ago, Subquake said:

GG
Mind sharing for others what was wrong with your setup and why it wasn't working in the first place?

Yes of course, I was stupid. 🙂

I forgot to activate the webpermissions in webpermissions.xml.

If someone is interested to do all this in an Docker and if it is o.k. to link  it -

I did all my research as a beginner on  an unraid server.

Read here (or delete if it is not o.k.)

https://forums.unraid.net/topic/130094-docker-dedicated-game-server-csmm-game-7daystodie-7dtd-howto/

btw. any idea when there will be a stable release for Version A20.6 b9 ? 🙂

Edited by onkelm (see edit history)

Hi,

any Idea what is the cause of this error message ?

2022-11-20 23:14:08 0 Error Block on position 738, 61, 655 with name 'bedroll' should be a parent but is not! (1)

I have the message several times in the LOG file, sometimes only once, sometimes up to 6 times.

Always same coordinates.

2 hours ago, onkelm said:

Hi,

any Idea what is the cause of this error message ?

2022-11-20 23:14:08 0 Error Block on position 738, 61, 655 with name 'bedroll' should be a parent but is not! (1)

I have the message several times in the LOG file, sometimes only once, sometimes up to 6 times.

Always same coordinates.

Since UL is currently at the update phase.

What version do you play ?

Do you use other modlets or POI packs (combopack,PEP) ?

On 11/20/2022 at 2:30 AM, Subquake said:

Дают только заболевших, и это вероятно на 50% шанс, то, что дает переработчик, не вырезо в камне, есть минимальные/максимальные значения и вероятность.

in the last version it was 100% and it also seemed to me that office chairs also give Kevlar

we're talking about so much recycling right? not about the wrench?

Edited by Slicker (see edit history)

On 11/21/2022 at 12:17 PM, Canute said:

Since UL is currently at the update phase.

What version do you play ?

Do you use other modlets or POI packs (combopack,PEP) ?

Hi,

Original is on ALpha 20.6(b9)

UL is according on 2.6.15

No other Game Modpacks so far.

Only thing is Alloc`s Map Mod installed.

Edited by onkelm (see edit history)