Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

I am having problems installing Undead Legacy.  I used the V3 mod installer and have 20.5 B2 installed via steam.  I selected 20.5 copy over when installing the mod.  The error I am getting occurs when at the startup screen, music starts then cuts out.  Then the console starts spamming several errors that say stuff like:

Warning Could Not preload texture #@modfolder(UndeadLegacy_Coremodule) Resources/subquake userinterface.ulm?subquake

Error while updating windowgroup mainmenu

EXC Texture has not finished downloading

ERR unable to open archive file (lists my mod folder) subquaksounds.ulm

ERR Failed to read data for the assetbundle subquake_sounds.ulm
ERR Loading Assetbundle  (lists my mold folder) subquakesounde.ulm

I've tried updating/unistalling rebooting etc.

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Reduvid said:

I am having problems installing Undead Legacy.  I used the V3 mod installer and have 20.5 B2 installed via steam.  I selected 20.5 copy over when installing the mod.  The error I am getting occurs when at the startup screen, music starts then cuts out.  Then the console starts spamming several errors that say stuff like:

Warning Could Not preload texture #@modfolder(UndeadLegacy_Coremodule) Resources/subquake userinterface.ulm?subquake

Error while updating windowgroup mainmenu

EXC Texture has not finished downloading

ERR unable to open archive file (lists my mod folder) subquaksounds.ulm

ERR Failed to read data for the assetbundle subquake_sounds.ulm
ERR Loading Assetbundle  (lists my mold folder) subquakesounde.ulm

I've tried updating/unistalling rebooting etc.

Any help appreciated. 

Thanks.

From the error messages i would say, something is missing, didn't fully downloaded/installed.
When i remember right, the mod launcher got an alternative download too, try that.

Alternative, just download the mod (link at the 1.page) and instal it manualy. Basicly just a copy over your allready UL installation.

1 hour ago, selissi said:

Are there any plans to let multiple users use the same chest at once? 

Not possible within the limitations of the game

54 minutes ago, Adelinchik25 said:

for as much as 5 minutes)) and then it threw out the start again, it throws out now constantly or throws out errors, how will it cope with them?

How much system memory you have, sounds like your hardware isn't strong enough to run Undead Legacy. One of the solutions is to increase pagefile size to 32gb

45 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Невозможно в рамках ограничений игры

Судя по тому, сколько у вас системной памяти, ваше оборудование недостаточно мощное для запуска Undead Legacy. Одно из решений — увеличить размер файла подкачки до 32 ГБ.

and how and where is this done?

50 minutes ago, LordRagnar said:

I would like to see a locking inventory slots for vehicles, so i can put some gas tanks that i dont always transfer around.

Is that possible ? 

Also, having a blast with the modpack. Thanks for that.

It's complicated, but I'm hoping I will be able to come up with something after A21

And glad you're enjoying the mod 

48 minutes ago, majinkhan said:

One Thing i would wish that could be integrated in Undead Legacy is a powered Stove.... i hate building my kitchen with a campfire xD

Powered Workstations is something that I really want to be implemented in the game, but it's complicated and messy, I will do it eventually, but no ETA

On 10/21/2022 at 9:47 AM, concolor said:

Hi all. I have a problem with zeds spawning :(

Yesterday i had an electricity outage during game (i live in Kyiv, so outages are often now due to russian airstrikes to power plants). And when electricity came back and i launched game again, zeds stop to spawn.

I turned "enemy spawning" off, loaded save, then exit and turned on again, and the zeds begin to spawn again, but only in wilds. All POIs are empty. Zeds spawn on trader's quests, but not all zeds, so i can't find all of them to complete quest.

How can i fix this? Maybe some concole commands to reset sleeper volumes or something? I do not want to start a new game and lose current save with 40 2-hour days :(

Your region file for that location is corrupted. You need to identify whose file corresponds to that location, and remove it from the region files in your saved game. If you go to yoursaves\yourworlds\yourgamesaved\region you will see a lot of files named like "r.0.-6.7.rg" changing the numbers after the first "r".

So to know wich one of them is the one corrupted, start your game, and after it loads your world, press F1 and type "dm" to enter debug mode, then press F3 to open the UI, and in the UI mark the "ch" checkbox to see chunk information. One of the informations there is the region file correspondent to your actual location. Once you find wich one is it, just close the game, remove the file from the region folder, then start the game again so that it'll be recreated. But CAUTION with that since it'll will reset that whole part of the map, so if you have a base or storages there, move it to anoter place outside that region file first.

I'm having a lot of problems with unity crash randomly poping-up and closing the game. In the crash log right at the start it has:

mono-2.0-bdwgc.dll caused an Access Violation (0xc0000005)
  in module mono-2.0-bdwgc.dll at 0033:466dd29e.

Error occurred at 2022-10-22_175746.
D:\7DTD-UndeadLegacy\7DaysToDie.exe, run by Kletian.

59% physical memory in use.
32717 MB physical memory [13219 MB free].
19773 MB process peak paging file [19611 MB used].
15624 MB process peak working set [5681 MB used].
System Commit Total/Limit/Peak: 33120MB/53581MB/34428MB
System Physical Total/Available: 32717MB/13219MB
System Process Count: 238
System Thread Count: 3980
System Handle Count: 116731
Disk space data for 'C:\Users\Kletian\AppData\Local\Temp\The Fun Pimps\7 Days To Die\Crashes\Crash_2022-10-22_205655228\': 34460106752 bytes free of 254996152320 total.

Read from location 0000000000010000 caused an access violation.

Can it be corrupted files? How to solve it without losing my saved game?

Edited by Kletian (see edit history)

1 hour ago, Magnus33john said:

Actually it does been using it for sometime now.

Before anyone asks i dont have that many eggs this is a test bed where i throw stuff at it to see what works and what doesn't😁

stove.jpg

It looks broken, it's not showing category tabs...

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

It looks broken, it's not showing category tabs...

It doesn't fully ingrate hence the lack of tabs.

For cooking it's functional and better looking then the campfire tell you make something better.

You lose the sorting options  but for cooking it's no nearly as important and get something that looks like it should be in a kitchen.

It also causes no errors so wont mess with UL.

14 minutes ago, 9-lives said:

7 Days To Die: A20.6

UL: 2.6.12

The damage to block isn't correct when i try to mine with argue. Can you check that?

Auger is good only for sand, dirt, soil etc... you need a Jackhammer if you want to mine ore or stone

SCORPIONS ...

TL/DR: scorpions are broken

I attempted to do a play-through in harder biomes (no grasslands), in the 20.6 UL build. (Nomad/permadeath) And scorpions are just out of control.

Ended up in the snow biome. And on my map, scorpions were about as common as lumberjacks.

The playthrough degenerated into 100% focus on avoiding scorpions, and none of the rest of the game mechanics mattered at all.

I killed a zombie bear and a regular bear on days 1 and 2, just because I had to kill bears to find pathways where I wouldn't aggro a scorpion. I cleared a tier 3 POI (the house with the brick & iron fence around it, and the main loot in the sewer underneath) to use as a base. It's a great base poi. I was playing 'very well' you could say.

But late on day 2, a scorpion finally heard me inside my house. I helped it break 1 brick block out of the wall so i could fight it. I put 12 arrows, and 75 9mm rounds into it, and then just melee'd it for about 5 minutes. As soon as I ran out of 9mm, it started out-healing my melee attacks (i have health bars). I was in a near perfect defensive position, and I had found a 'good' pistol, and used every offensive resource I had. And it just busted apart my wall, tore a drive-through through the house, and chased me out into the night, in the snow biome, on night 2, poisoned.

Once the scorpion heard me in my base, the next 15 minutes was really just me dragging out my inevitable demise and the end of the play-through. Rather frustrating. especially since I was playing smart, and doing everything right. I mean I killed 2 bears, a dire wolf, a cougar, countless lumberjacks, and cleared a tier 3 poi with some ferals in it to use as a base ...all half nekkid using twigs & rocks. I don't think I was having a skill-issue.

A demolisher, or a radiated cop or wight (even all 3 at once) would have been FAR easier to deal with.

I like a challenge, I'm not apposed to hard enemies. But these things were 'everywhere'. 3/4 of the town was inaccessible because of roaming scorpions.

I'm afraid I'm going back to the 20.5 version. The version with scorpions is still "7d2d" while you're in the grasslands, and then if you leave the grasslands, zombies don't matter at all, and the game becomes almost purely "Scorpion Apocalypse" instead. If i turn down the difficulty to n00b, maybe they'd be manageable, but then the zombies would be far too easy. Also, that massive health & damage resistance they have, plus the regeneration, and on top of that the 1-shot (delayed) kill attack.. they are just wildly out of balance unless they're used sparingly as a late-game boss fight type creature. If you turn up difficulty at all, scorpions turn the game into a crazy ammo-grind "at best".

I love the look, animations, etc. Very cool. But mechanically, they're just game breaking. When a player with a bone shiv, club, crude bow, and trash 9mm consciously chooses to attack a zombie bear (and has the skills to win), just because every other compass direction has a scorpion in it... something's very not right.

PS: This is my first post here. And I wanted to add that I LOVE the mod. UL has become my default 7d2d. The experimental version gave me zero bugs, fantastic work.

But I'm going back to the previous version for now. The scorpions just throw the game balance too far out. Rare, or GS-linked spawning would work. But if they're gonna be like ants at a picnic, they need to be nerfed, hard. Personally I'd rather see them NOT nerfed, just rare. I'm also not too sure about gate-keeping the poison cure behind being able to defeat them. It makes sense, but it's pretty brutal balance-wise.

Edited by K4te (see edit history)

12 minutes ago, K4te said:

SCORPIONS ...

TL/DR: scorpions are broken

I attempted to do a play-through in harder biomes (no grasslands), in the 20.6 UL build. (Nomad/permadeath) And scorpions are just out of control.

Ended up in the snow biome. And on my map, scorpions were about as common as lumberjacks.

The playthrough degenerated into 100% focus on avoiding scorpions, and none of the rest of the game mechanics mattered at all.

I killed a zombie bear and a regular bear on days 1 and 2, just because I had to kill bears to find pathways where I wouldn't aggro a scorpion. I cleared a tier 3 POI (the house with the brick & iron fence around it, and the main loot in the sewer underneath) to use as a base. It's a great base poi. I was playing 'very well' you could say.

But late on day 2, a scorpion finally heard me inside my house. I helped it break 1 brick block out of the wall so i could fight it. I put 12 arrows, and 75 9mm rounds into it, and then just melee'd it for about 5 minutes. As soon as I ran out of 9mm, it started out-healing my melee attacks (i have health bars). I was in a near perfect defensive position, and I had found a 'good' pistol, and used every offensive resource I had. And it just busted apart my wall, tore a drive-through through the house, and chased me out into the night, in the snow biome, on night 2, poisoned.

Once the scorpion heard me in my base, the next 15 minutes was really just me dragging out my inevitable demise and the end of the play-through. Rather frustrating. especially since I was playing smart, and doing everything right.

A demolisher, or a radiated cop or wight (even all 3 at once) would have been FAR easier to deal with.

I like a challenge, I'm not apposed to hard enemies. But these things were 'everywhere'. 3/4 of the town was inaccessible because of roaming scorpions.

I'm afraid I'm going back to the 20.5 version. The version with scorpions is still "7d2d" while you're in the grasslands, and then if you leave the grasslands, zombies don't matter at all, and the game becomes almost purely "Scorpion Apocalypse" instead. If i turn down the difficulty to n00b, maybe they'd be manageable, but then the zombies would be far too easy. Also, that massive health & damage resistance they have, plus the regeneration, and on top of that the 1-shot (delayed) kill attack.. they are just wildly out of balance unless they're used sparingly as a late-game boss fight type creature. If you turn up difficulty at all, scorpions turn the game into a crazy ammo-grind "at best".

I love the look, animations, etc. Very cool. But mechanically, they're just game breaking. When a player with a bone shiv, club, crude bow, and trash 9mm consciously chooses to attack a zombie bear (and has the skills to win), just because every other compass direction has a scorpion in it... something's very not right.

PS: This is my first post here. And I wanted to add that I LOVE the mod. UL has become my default 7d2d. The experimental version gave me zero bugs, fantastic work.

But I'm going back to the previous version for now. The scorpions just throw the game balance too far out. Rare, or GS-linked spawning would work. But if they're gonna be like ants at a picnic, they need to be nerfed, hard. Personally I'd rather see them NOT nerfed, just rare. I'm also not too sure about gate-keeping the poison cure behind being able to defeat them. It makes sense, but it's pretty brutal balance-wise.

That's the whole point behind introduction of scorpions, to deter people going early on in the game in the other biomes outside of forest.

You're not supposed to fight them with bone shivs and wooden clubs

11 minutes ago, Subquake said:

That's the whole point behind introduction of scorpions, to deter people going early on in the game in the other biomes outside of forest.

You're not supposed to fight them with bone shivs and wooden clubs

Well, they certainly do that.

But on a balanced map, that does turn 7d2d into a 1/4 zombie survival game, and a 3/4 scorpion survival game. That's a very large change to the game.

It's subjective of course, but it's not my cup of tea.

Is there a way to edit files to remove them or change their spawning on my end? Cuz literally everything else about UL is superior to vanilla or DF in my opinion.

(technically I found a steel spear in the basement of the poi, so I was hitting it with that, but i wasn't skilled in it)

Edited by K4te (see edit history)