Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Back in 2.6.08 I was storing food in a fridge, when it filled up I placed a cardboard box on top of it for the overflow but UL decided that the box was part of the fridge. I can't interact in any way with the box, it just brings up the dialogs for the fridge. I could axe it but I'm nervous about the game thinking that I'm axing the fridge.  Upgraded to 2.6.12 and nothing changed, any suggestions ? I can live with it but it's not working as intended so figured it was worth mentioning.

On an unrelated note my game has started to run a bit like a zombie - slow, jerky, lots of chattering (from the hard drive), and sometimes gets stuck. Could this be because I only have 16gb of ram ? The PC runs flight simulator just fine so it's not lacking in grunt ...   I do have a pair of shiny 16GB TridentZ ram sticks that I've never gotten around to putting in so if more ram will help this could be the motivation I need LOL

Update : I sucked it up and swapped out the 16gb of ram for the 32gb. OMFG, I wish I'd done that as soon as I bought it, everything is so much faster and UL is purring like one of Khaine's kittens.

Screenshot - 19_10_2022 , 4_03_06 pm.png

Edited by Grolbu
Decided to actually attach the screenshot, not just take it ... (see edit history)

8 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Back in 2.6.08 I was storing food in a fridge, when it filled up I placed a cardboard box on top of it for the overflow but UL decided that the box was part of the fridge. I can't interact in any way with the box, it just brings up the dialogs for the fridge. I could axe it but I'm nervous about the game thinking that I'm axing the fridge.  Upgraded to 2.6.12 and nothing changed, any suggestions ? I can live with it but it's not working as intended so figured it was worth mentioning.

On an unrelated note my game has started to run a bit like a zombie - slow, jerky, lots of chattering (from the hard drive), and sometimes gets stuck. Could this be because I only have 16gb of ram ? The PC runs flight simulator just fine so it's not lacking in grunt ...   I do have a pair of shiny 16GB TridentZ ram sticks that I've never gotten around to putting in so if more ram will help this could be the motivation I need LOL

Update : I sucked it up and swapped out the 16gb of ram for the 32gb. OMFG, I wish I'd done that as soon as I bought it, everything is so much faster and UL is purring like one of Khaine's kittens.

Screenshot - 19_10_2022 , 4_03_06 pm.png

Hmm, I tried to put a box above fridges in vanilla and it doesn't do that, I'll investigate why it's doing that.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

4 hours ago, Subquake said:

Hmm, I tried to put a box above fridges in vanilla and it doesn't do that, I'll investigate why it's doing that.

It appears the hit boxes for some items seem to be larger then they should be.

It looks like this is only vertically though and not horizontally.

Edited by Magnus33john (see edit history)

18 minutes ago, Magnus33john said:

It appears the hit boxes for some items seem to be larger then they should be.

It looks like this is only vertically though and not horizontally.

I found the issue in the base games code, that for whatever reason picks the block beneath as the bock when interacting with an interactable block above, after commenting it out, it now works as intended. Now I don't know what will be the long term implications of that change and will it affect other areas in the game, we will just have to wait and see once .13 update is out for further testing :) 

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

I found the issue in the base games code, that for whatever reason picks the block beneath as the bock when interacting with an interactable block above, after commenting it out, it now works as intended. Now I don't know what will be the long term implications of that change and will it affect other areas in the game, we will just have to wait and see once .13 update is out for further testing :) 

Cool, thank you !  

Todays noob question is about power, since there's no journal entry - my game is at the stage where traders are selling me generator banks and engines, and solar panels and cells, and oh so many batteries, but I haven't seen any sign of a battery bank yet. Is power in UL the usual chain of power source --> battery bank --> relay --> device, and I need to research battery banks ?  I've got a solar setup feeding directly into my recycling station so I can work the power ok, just not sure if I need batteries.

Thanks !

Edited by Grolbu (see edit history)

2 hours ago, Subquake said:

No surprise there so much left over code from all the updates they done. I get waiting tell they are done to to optomise things but not doing a general clean up when updating going to make that a lot harder to do latter on . I dont envy them when they have to clean up the mess and try not to break things.

Noticed all the leftovers when i was looking at why the sliding doors were sometimes not seen by the zombies. Similar to the electrical where needed code was buried too deep because of left over stuff and would cause electrical setups to reset tell ocbMaurice  noticed and fixed.

Crazy that you need to fix the game to do the overhaul !!

Edited by Magnus33john (see edit history)

19 minutes ago, Magnus33john said:

No surprise there so much left over code from all the updates they done. I get waiting tell they are done to to optomise things but not doing a general clean up when updating going to make that a lot harder to do latter on . I dont envy them when they have to clean up the mess and try not to break things.

Noticed all the leftovers when i was looking at why the sliding doors were sometimes not seen by the zombies. Similar to the electrical where needed code was buried too deep because of left over stuff and would cause electrical setups to reset tell ocbMaurice  noticed and fixed.

Crazy that you need to fix the game to do the overhaul !!

Can't really blame them, considering how many years the game is in development. My code isn't any better, but I do try do as best as I can :)

1 hour ago, Subquake said:

Can't really blame them, considering how many years the game is in development. My code isn't any better, but I do try do as best as I can :)

Budgets are tight so it's understandable but it really going to hurt when they do start doing optimization.

Of course i am not one to point finger as i been mostly blind for the last two years because covid delayed my eye surgery.

Now that its done i been looking at what i done and shudder 🤣

Scrap brass was broken on A20.6 UL 2.6.12 no scrap button & sexy women painting poster mod broken went vanilla painting indoor building. I go back old A20.5 UL 2.5.82 worked fine scrap brass & random sexy women printing, weird. But Compo Pack don't worked didn't loaded in A20.5 UL 2.5.82.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, Wolves Hero said:

Scrap brass was broken on A20.6 UL 2.6.12 no scrap button 

2.6 removed the ability to scrap lots of things in your inventory  e.g. ore. I presume brass items are the same, try scrapping them in a workbench. Makes the starting quest where you need scrap iron good fun since you can't just whack an iron node a couple of times then scrap the ore any more, you have to find things made of iron and hack them to pieces.

17 hours ago, Grolbu said:

Cool, thank you !  

Todays noob question is about power, since there's no journal entry - my game is at the stage where traders are selling me generator banks and engines, and solar panels and cells, and oh so many batteries, but I haven't seen any sign of a battery bank yet. Is power in UL the usual chain of power source --> battery bank --> relay --> device, and I need to research battery banks ?  I've got a solar setup feeding directly into my recycling station so I can work the power ok, just not sure if I need batteries.

Thanks !

UL don't change anything about the electrical power.

Battery bank works best together with Solar bank, so it can store surplus daytime power for night use.

Generator bank wouldn't need a battery bank. The fuel use of the generator depend on how many power for the connected stuff.

Relay you only need to extend you power grid by range or more devices. Generator/battery bank can only support 3 devices.

When you got a constrant source of new loaded batteries from salvaging cars, you could use the battery bank as only power source too.

4 hours ago, Canute said:

UL don't change anything about the electrical power.

Battery bank works best together with Solar bank, so it can store surplus daytime power for night use.

Generator bank wouldn't need a battery bank. The fuel use of the generator depend on how many power for the connected stuff.

Relay you only need to extend you power grid by range or more devices. Generator/battery bank can only support 3 devices.

When you got a constrant source of new loaded batteries from salvaging cars, you could use the battery bank as only power source too.

There also the ElectricityOverhaul mod here which expands upon whats in the game.  It allows you to connect multiple sources to a battery and chose which the battery bank charges from first or connect multiple sources together and then to the battery bank. It also gives you quite a bit more info on how it's being used. Things you logically be able to do in real live but the game wont allow you to do for some reason.

The modder made a version just for UL.

5 hours ago, Kirilg658 said:

How to change the language? When I try to change it, nothing changes after a restart. (system MacOS)

If it gets stuck and wont change there is a language.txt in the 7 days to die folder.

You can open it and change the language there...if says it says English and you want french you delete English and type French then save.

Been so long since i seen that bug i forgot how lol.

20 hours ago, Wolves Hero said:

Scrap brass was broken on A20.6 UL 2.6.12 no scrap button & sexy women painting poster mod broken went vanilla painting indoor building. I go back old A20.5 UL 2.5.82 worked fine scrap brass & random sexy women printing, weird. But Compo Pack don't worked didn't loaded in A20.5 UL 2.5.82.

spacer.png

Many things have been disabled for scrapping in inventory, because it makes little sense that you can do those things with your flimsy bare hands in backpack. Now all those things are only recycleable in the Recycler.

5 hours ago, Kirilg658 said:

How to change the language? When I try to change it, nothing changes after a restart. (system MacOS)

Change it on steam, then with next boot of game it should have the changed language 

25 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Many things have been disabled for scrapping in inventory, because it makes little sense that you can do those things with your flimsy bare hands in backpack. Now all those things are only recycleable in the Recycler.

Change it on steam, then with next boot of game it should have the changed language 

Oh see, I was confused I thought broken scrap button.
Issued on random map generator went stuck not responded after generator completed can't view map same on vanilla 7DtD. I have task manager end task then load UL again lucky didn't lost map after generator.

30 minutes ago, Wolves Hero said:

Oh see, I was confused I thought broken scrap button.
Issued on random map generator went stuck not responded after generator completed can't view map same on vanilla 7DtD. I have task manager end task then load UL again lucky didn't lost map after generator.

how much ram you have? maybe increase pagefile size and also it does take some time to render the preview, the bigger the map, the more ram you need and time for it to render, if you Alt-Tab out of the game, do not tab back in unless it's finished or it might freeze up the client (it's an a20 issue)

48 minutes ago, Subquake said:

how much ram you have? maybe increase pagefile size and also it does take some time to render the preview, the bigger the map, the more ram you need and time for it to render, if you Alt-Tab out of the game, do not tab back in unless it's finished or it might freeze up the client (it's an a20 issue)

I have 32Gb RAM, all same 4k 6k 8k 10k 12k 14k still freeze after finished generator just issued on A20

See pic task manager did nothing 0Mb/s on disk

spacer.png

Edited by Wolves Hero (see edit history)

Just now, Magnus33john said:

If it gets stuck and wont change there is a language.txt in the 7 days to die folder.

You can open it and change the language there...if says it says English and you want french you delete English and type French then save.

Been so long since i seen that bug i forgot how lol.

Thank for help, but I have the system MacOS, I can't find this file anywhere.

Hi all. I have a problem with zeds spawning :(

Yesterday i had an electricity outage during game (i live in Kyiv, so outages are often now due to russian airstrikes to power plants). And when electricity came back and i launched game again, zeds stop to spawn.

I turned "enemy spawning" off, loaded save, then exit and turned on again, and the zeds begin to spawn again, but only in wilds. All POIs are empty. Zeds spawn on trader's quests, but not all zeds, so i can't find all of them to complete quest.

How can i fix this? Maybe some concole commands to reset sleeper volumes or something? I do not want to start a new game and lose current save with 40 2-hour days :(

10 minutes ago, Adelinchik25 said:

Hello, faced with the problem of installing the mod version of Undead Legacy 2.5.82, after installing the game does not start. I also can't find the version of Undead Legacy 2.6.11. where can I download it?

Undead Legacy 2.5.82 NEED 7 days 20.5, since the current version is 20.6 you need to use the beta tab at steam to install it,

Check the Download link from the first page to get 2.6.12. But i think it could be get from the modlauncher too, just be sure you don't use version 2.x from the modlauncher !