Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

7 hours ago, Subquake said:

Yes, they respawn eggs even if loot respawn is off

You know, it may be a small thing, but this is one of my favorite features of the mod. Loot respawn is necessary for MP but in my single games I always have it off. I think immersion adds so much more to a game, and finding new eggs from the chickens (and you see the eggs in the nest) while not having that bag of garbage magically have new things to find really makes it work. The mods immersion in general is great. Need some quick storage, just grab that empty cardboard box. Small things like that, but it makes it a favorite mod for me.

@Subquake

Really enjoying the mod, Sub!

Between this and DF, dont think i'll never need to go back to vanilla to scratch my 7d itch :)

Though as a newbie to your mod, i do have a cple questions, mainly in regards to noise-generation while i'm at home.

The iron+ storages are obviously going to be better then wood or even the basic cardboard boxes you pick at at first, but they generate a ton more noise. I'm assuming shadowfox helps in reducing said noise, but what about building my crafting area below ground in a basement or above ground in attic spaces (or even making a crafting area on top of your roof, if it's big/flat enough)?

I've always relied on the storage cabinets in DF (big enough for my needs, but quiet enough to not attract any but the closest zoms) so now that i'm exploring your mod, im at a bit of a loss trying to figure the best balance between increased storage space and not making TOO much noise when i'm crafting. Also assuming that building suitably spaced (from my actual home) walls will also help cut down on detection, but i'm not quite there yet in terms of resources.

Thanks for any info you have for me.

29 minutes ago, wolfarus said:

The iron+ storages are obviously going to be better then wood or even the basic cardboard boxes you pick at at first, but they generate a ton more noise. I'm assuming shadowfox helps in reducing said noise, but what about building my crafting area below ground in a basement or above ground in attic spaces (or even making a crafting area on top of your roof, if it's big/flat enough)?

I think the noise range was about 30m/blocks.
That mean you need either be very deep or high. But basicly i wouldn't care about it at my home base.

You should have some minimal defence for it, to deal with a wandering horde anyway.

Robotic sledge before the entrance, (Powered) spike traps, Dart or turrets.

And don't forget the broadcast system (before you ask 10m range storage to player) allow you to craft without opening storages.

HELP

dont know how to use this forum and to post in the right area but i cannt get into UL anymore and i love the mod..

im getting to the point of the load where im about to be spawned into the game and i get these messages: https://imgur.com/vSsqfGW Something to do with the wandering horde not loading or something, ive tried to over ride all the mods game files from the download with no success. after a while my laptop crashes to the blue screen 

5 hours ago, Canute said:

And don't forget the broadcast system (before you ask 10m range storage to player) allow you to craft without opening storages.

IS there ssomething I need to do to activate it? I mean in settings, or be a certain distane away from trader, or use a special container? Because the option isnt popping up for me. Ive taken cardboardboxes n put them near a carpenters table and yet theres no lil icon appearing to broadcast

40 minutes ago, PermaDeath said:

IS there ssomething I need to do to activate it? I mean in settings, or be a certain distane away from trader, or use a special container? Because the option isnt popping up for me. Ive taken cardboardboxes n put them near a carpenters table and yet theres no lil icon appearing to broadcast

For player placed storage (that includes if you pick up a container from a POI and then place it down), there's a broadcast WiFi looking icon next to the sort buttons within the container user interface (when you open it)

3 hours ago, Asarby said:

HELP

dont know how to use this forum and to post in the right area but i cannt get into UL anymore and i love the mod..

im getting to the point of the load where im about to be spawned into the game and i get these messages: https://imgur.com/vSsqfGW Something to do with the wandering horde not loading or something, ive tried to over ride all the mods game files from the download with no success. after a while my laptop crashes to the blue screen 

Sorry, the image is missing the right side and you should use different tool to create one.

You can either use the game screenshot function, but not sure if that works at the main menu.

Or use PRINT key to copy the screen to the clipboard, then open paint or another imageviewer and paste it there and save it.
Or use the windows Snipping tool.

But Word (or Wordpad) isn't the right choise for it.

Check what version of 7d2d you use, it should be shown at the top right corner, you are missing at the image.

When you use 20.6, you need to let steam instal the 20.5 over the beta tab.

On 8/20/2022 at 8:31 AM, thanosgr99 said:

so i installed it playing at alpha 20.5 and i get spammed with errors telling me : xui error while updating window group. can anyone help?

Hi thanosgr99.

Do the xui errors appear when you start and you never get to the main menu? If you are seeing a different problem then ignore my ramblings :)

After I installed the mod with Sphere's older 7D2D Mod Launcher, I tried to the start the game and the console would open and spam endless errors. After validating 7D2D in steam, fresh copies, and multiple download attempts, I finally figured out that the files being downloaded by Sphere's Mod Launcher were invalid/incomplete.

The console errors pointed to the Mod/UndeadLegacy/Resources/*.ulm files so I downloaded the mod ZIP file directly from Subquakes website and compared that with what the Mod Launcher had downloaded earlier.  The Mod Launcher Resources folder only had 10MBs of ulm text files while the ZIP has 3GBs of ulm binary files. I unzipped the websites ZIP file from Subquake's website into the Undead_legacy_Stable folder replacing all the Mod Launcher files with the websites files.... and all works now works!!

Hope you find this helpful.

18 minutes ago, tdrhart said:

Hi thanosgr99.

Do the xui errors appear when you start and you never get to the main menu? If you are seeing a different problem then ignore my ramblings :)

After I installed the mod with Sphere's older 7D2D Mod Launcher, I tried to the start the game and the console would open and spam endless errors. After validating 7D2D in steam, fresh copies, and multiple download attempts, I finally figured out that the files being downloaded by Sphere's Mod Launcher were invalid/incomplete.

The console errors pointed to the Mod/UndeadLegacy/Resources/*.ulm files so I downloaded the mod ZIP file directly from Subquakes website and compared that with what the Mod Launcher had downloaded earlier.  The Mod Launcher Resources folder only had 10MBs of ulm text files while the ZIP has 3GBs of ulm binary files. I unzipped the websites ZIP file from Subquake's website into the Undead_legacy_Stable folder replacing all the Mod Launcher files with the websites files.... and all works now works!!

Hope you find this helpful.

Thank you for sharing this!

Yep, old 2.X Mod Launcher will not download Undead Legacy correctly. It doesn't recognize GitLab's LFS files, which is crucial in allowing people to quickly download the mod as well as me quickly pushing updates. Any other alternative is just not feasible right now for me besides using LFS, that GitLab offers.

3.X Mod Launcher supposedly works and downloads the mod correctly, however I've heard mixed responses from people using that as well.

4 minutes ago, FemmeFatality said:

Hello fellow survivors,

I read through the mod description and looked at the dedicated server installation. Is this a server-only mod or do I need to install client files? I am asking because I am using GeForce Now to play.

Thanks!

Yes, you have to install it both on the server and client side for anyone joining the server

Are Tier 5 missions disabled? The wife and I are 89 days in, and we just completed our last Tier 4 mission from our nearest trader. Did his "unlock a new route quest" and.. now he's got nothing. When we talk to him our only options are "Show me your inventory" and "Goodbye". We have tried going and doing a quest at a nearby town, that works fine. We've shut down the server and restarted with no change. Googling the issue isn't bringing much up, so I started thinking maybe they were disabled as part of the mod? 

Coming up blank on what else it could be.

On 8/23/2022 at 11:31 AM, seven said:

You know, it may be a small thing, but this is one of my favorite features of the mod. Loot respawn is necessary for MP but in my single games I always have it off. I think immersion adds so much more to a game, and finding new eggs from the chickens (and you see the eggs in the nest) while not having that bag of garbage magically have new things to find really makes it work. The mods immersion in general is great. Need some quick storage, just grab that empty cardboard box. Small things like that, but it makes it a favorite mod for me.

Yes, I am the same way. I loot a place and nothing will be there again....( unless to some unfortunate sod tried to make a go of it ). I turned my XP down to 50%.  Now when the loot gives me something I really need.......I really can fell the progression.  Day 17 and only level 8.....feel the pain.....love it.

3 hours ago, Onoes said:

Are Tier 5 missions disabled? The wife and I are 89 days in, and we just completed our last Tier 4 mission from our nearest trader. Did his "unlock a new route quest" and.. now he's got nothing. When we talk to him our only options are "Show me your inventory" and "Goodbye". We have tried going and doing a quest at a nearby town, that works fine. We've shut down the server and restarted with no change. Googling the issue isn't bringing much up, so I started thinking maybe they were disabled as part of the mod? 

You have to wait the next morning for new quests to show up.

6 hours ago, Onoes said:

T5 mission exist, but it could be at you don't have a suitable T5 location around the traders maybe.

I know there was at last one overhaul i played that have limited search radius for mission POI, so you don't get send 5km away for a lvl 5.

Maybe that is the case for Ul, i don't remember.

But then the trader can't offer you any quests since the lack of close by POI, and buried supplies don't exist for T4/5.

16 hours ago, JCrook1028 said:

If what I'm reading is correct that's not gonna work well with the laptop only having 8gb of RAM.

I hope it will work out at least with lower graphics. Vanilla 7D2D was playable with low settings. Not pretty but not bad either. I hope it'll work out with UL too.

@SubquakeBeen playing with the current build of UL for A20.5b2 (as of a couple weeks ago anyway). Was going fine until I noticed something critical. I have been experiencing a huge increase in delays when opening the backpack or containers. It seems to be progressive (getting worse over time). My in game day is only 38. It also seems to be affecting the map (opening and closing the map is taking longer too). Pressing E to get the radial menu is also taking longer (upwards of ten seconds).

Is this symptom a known issue that I can do something about?

My PC spec is pretty low, but I do have 16GB of RAM and a 6 core 12 thread cpu. I run with processor affinity selecting the four most powerful cores in the processor (should not be relevant be noted for completeness). Normally if there is a delay opening containers it is only a few seconds, now it seems like the DMV is in charge.

I did a cursory search for this symptom, but my google fu is weak today.

17 minutes ago, walkingwounded said:

@SubquakeBeen playing with the current build of UL for A20.5b2 (as of a couple weeks ago anyway). Was going fine until I noticed something critical. I have been experiencing a huge increase in delays when opening the backpack or containers. It seems to be progressive (getting worse over time). My in game day is only 38. It also seems to be affecting the map (opening and closing the map is taking longer too). Pressing E to get the radial menu is also taking longer (upwards of ten seconds).

Is this symptom a known issue that I can do something about?

My PC spec is pretty low, but I do have 16GB of RAM and a 6 core 12 thread cpu. I run with processor affinity selecting the four most powerful cores in the processor (should not be relevant be noted for completeness). Normally if there is a delay opening containers it is only a few seconds, now it seems like the DMV is in charge.

I did a cursory search for this symptom, but my google fu is weak today.

Dr8PnXC.png

P.S. Unfortunately 16GB of system memory is barely enough to run Undead Legacy, because the base game is quite demanding in itself.

6 minutes ago, Boot Silver said:

Sorry have not looked around too much but I am trying to find a guide for setting up a Dedicated server to host this mod, is there a link to a page with this answer or resource on this anyone could provide me?

You have to have A20.5b2 on the server before doing anything else, once you do, additional UL related steps are explained here: https://ul.subquake.com/dedicated-servers
For more questions on the topic, you can always join my discord and ask for help there in server section.

29 minutes ago, Subquake said:

Dr8PnXC.png

P.S. Unfortunately 16GB of system memory is barely enough to run Undead Legacy, because the base game is quite demanding in itself.

I will try turning "unused asset unloading' off the next time I play and see what happens. 7dtd will hopefully see some optimization/efficiency done before the 'official' release (finger/toes/eyes crossed).