Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

I think it would be interesting if it were possible to reduce the research data requirement of learning crafting recipes if you have one to sacrifice (by reverse-engineering it).  Similar to the food recipes, but for other things as well.  I guess it would mean there would be two different research recipes for each schematic, but it would add an interesting (and somewhat realistic) twist on researching them.  Just an idea.

On 9/19/2022 at 5:29 PM, Subquake said:

If you use the World Generator from the Main Menu, the one with a  bunch of configurable options to the left side, once it finishes generating a map, it will show a preview if you wait.

Also 20.6 maps still work with 20.5 UL ive made a map and configured it to have a pine forest with only one city and the rest of the biomes much bigger with multiple cities and it still works great.  Not sure how UL managed to alter the trader outposts after the map is made but it does :) 

1 hour ago, Witchmaster said:

I already write about this, but did not wait for an answer 😃
When dismantling a weapon of any quality, only one part drops out. Wouldn't you like to make a little more fall out with the increase in quality?

That's intentional and no, mechanically it's not possible to give more based on quality.

4 hours ago, GUNR_700 said:

Good to know! When is the next update planned to release?

When it's ready, hopefully soon.

2 hours ago, Canute said:

Maybe, but you will miss some new features.

It is allways recommended to start new world on major releases.

That count for the basegame like for overhauls.

Yeap its my first playthrough with UL and im going to finish it before updating, assuming the update comes out soon.  Happy to wait.  I did have an issue with trader Rekt falling through the floor in one of the traders, i tried to fix it but seems hes stuck, luckily i can still just about talk to him, and he still has a foul mouth :)

1 hour ago, Meow Chow said:

Yeap its my first playthrough with UL and im going to finish it before updating, assuming the update comes out soon.  Happy to wait.  I did have an issue with trader Rekt falling through the floor in one of the traders, i tried to fix it but seems hes stuck, luckily i can still just about talk to him, and he still has a foul mouth :)

I had that issue with Trader Joel and his sidekick falling through the floor and landing on the ground under the base.  They were visible, so it wasn't really an issue.

6 hours ago, MassiveGiraffe said:

The wait is killing us lol.

Will our 20.5 maps be compatible with UL 2.6?

I speak mostly for myself here, I don't really care about my old map and I'm excited to start anew, but I'm afraid not everyone will share the same opinion.

Subquake is putting the finishing touches on that sweet racetrack wilderness POI, so if you play a 20.5/2.5 map with 20.6/2.6 you will miss out on it.  And probably other new or updated POIs and stuff.  Personally, I'm really looking forward to using the new 20.6 random world gen settings, so I will definitely be starting fresh.

5 hours ago, Canute said:

It is allways recommended to start new world on major releases.

.point releases are not major releases..... that's the whole number ones. But yes there will be things missed in this point release if you don't start a new world. Myself? I won't be restarting til A21.

I was wondering if the chance to fail on upgrading a weapon or piece of armor etc...  on the maintenance station is tied to a skill and if that decreases with it or is it tied to how high a tier you are trying to upgrade the said item to, ie A - Largest chance of failure etc...  

10 minutes ago, Llama King said:

I was wondering if the chance to fail on upgrading a weapon or piece of armor etc...  on the maintenance station is tied to a skill and if that decreases with it or is it tied to how high a tier you are trying to upgrade the said item to, ie A - Largest chance of failure etc...  

No, there's no skill that helps with the chances

Do you use 7d2d 20.5 or 20.6 ?

This overhaul currently only works with 20.5.

When you use the modlaucher to instal it, be sure you don't use the old 2.x version (white windows), then download the new 3.x version since the update function don't update to the 3.x.

29 minutes ago, Canute said:

Do you use 7d2d 20.5 or 20.6 ?

This overhaul currently only works with 20.5.

When you use the modlaucher to instal it, be sure you don't use the old 2.x version (white windows), then download the new 3.x version since the update function don't update to the 3.x.

ah, thanks, i will give it a shot, how do i get steam to go back to 20.5 tho?

1 minute ago, Doorthvooder said:

ah, thanks, i will give it a shot, how do i get steam to go back to 20.5 tho?

nvm i got it

22 minutes ago, elite72 said:

Need to start a new game, I guess?

If you want to continue, make sure to backup and check if there are any issues, technically no, but probably yes :D 

1 minute ago, MassiveGiraffe said:

Very nice, thank you very much!

It seems you have removed the Disassembly station, along with the ability to disassemble car batteries.

That is understandable, however where are we supposed to find acid bottles now?

Disassembly station is retired, in its place is a new Recycling station, that works completely differently and requires power.