Subquake's Undead Legacy

Subquake

Can you write a converter for modlets to make them working with UL ?.

I've already spent easily 1000 of hours working on A17. Spending time on something, that's not Undead Legacy, doesn't add to the mod in any way.

The mod isn't even out for A17 and you are already considering modding it? You have so little faith in me? :(

Haha I know were hes commin from ... I will be adding my own modlets to Undead too but only because there things I want in the game, Unless of course there already there...I will probably convert them to work for others too as your Mod will be a big thing as I imagine alot of people will come back to this game purely because of the mod...

I've already spent easily 1000 of hours working on A17. Spending time on something, that's not Undead Legacy, doesn't add to the mod in any way.

The mod isn't even out for A17 and you are already considering modding it? You have so little faith in me? :(

of course I have faith in you. Thats the reason why I am hyped to play your mod. There are modlets with great ideas and why not adding some of them into your mod ? That wouldnt tought the worth of your work n any way.

Most mod creators don't add modlets, or even seek to make them compatible, because they feel it doesn't fit with their vision of how they want the mod to be played.

Something you folks should consider before trying to work out what you're going to stuff into UL. It might ruin the carefuly crafted experience for the sake of you wanting more shiny stuff. :p

Agreed

I have to agree, I am very much looking forward to this mod as I have enjoyed for all previous versions for pre A17. I would also like to point out I enjoyed those mods without modlets and I am absolutely positive that I will thoroughly enjoy this mods for months after it is released. But I have to agree lets play the mod the way Sub intends it to be before we toss a bunch of modlets into it. I have faith that Subquake will once again make an enjoyable mod for us all! Keep up the awesomeness Quake!

I have to agree, I am very much looking forward to this mod as I have enjoyed for all previous versions for pre A17. I would also like to point out I enjoyed those mods without modlets and I am absolutely positive that I will thoroughly enjoy this mods for months after it is released. But I have to agree lets play the mod the way Sub intends it to be before we toss a bunch of modlets into it. I have faith that Subquake will once again make an enjoyable mod for us all! Keep up the awesomeness Quake!

I am sure this there are good arguments for playing this mod as it is. But there should be a choice. I play 7 days to die because of its freedom to do what I want... so I like the idea to add this freedom kind of in adding modlets I want.

Both of you have valid reasons! For the first time A17 offers that freedom to have multiple mods installed at the same time with the introduction of modlets. It's a sandbox game and I am all for having the game to be played however you want, just keep in mind, that requests outside of a particular mods scope usually is a bit too much.

For example, I'm making Undead Legacy by myself and not only I have to worry about making my mod so that it works and have to keep it up to date with all the changes TFP make with their game, something you asked WhiteLion is basically now on top of that I have to worry about every single modlet out there, that's made for vanilla + modlets, that aren't even made yet. It's an unrealistic request. If you want to play multiple mods together, you'll have to sort out compatibility issues yourself, not the mod authors, because it's not humanly possible to follow along with every other mod, that's coming out there and keep track with their updates.

A general rule is that if multiple mods try to change the same things in the game, then they aren't compatible with each other. For instance, if Undead Legacy changes how nutrition, food & water consumption, stamina & health regeneration works in the game, then it most certainly won't be compatible with any other mod, that adds/changes that kind of items.

Undead Legacy won't be simply an additive mod, it's an overhaul at its core, multiple systems are changed in the game and how it plays, how items work etc.

Most modlets are additive and add stuff to vanilla content, without changing much how the core game works, those kind of modlets won't be compatible without major rewriting of XML code to accommodate to the UL changes.

To give you a perspective:

In Undead Legacy I have rewritten progressions.xml from the ground up, writing everything from scratch.

Vanilla progression.xml - 1626 lines of code;

Undead Legacy progression.xml - 3510 lines of code of which 0% is vanilla.

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Don't get me wrong here I think the modlets are a neat thing for sure. One I use on the vanilla side is the one that makes the pallets lootable because I really enjoy having the box stacks have the ability to be looted. It adds a little bit of that reality to the game that you are rummaging through the belongings of the people that used to live there. However I digress, my meaning as more to the point of trying to toss a bunch of modlets into your overhaul is kind of like pouring salt and pepper on a really good meal before you even try it. I like to see how well the chef did before I toss on the additives.

Hi Subquake

Do you plan to locate the mod in Spanish?

The mod will be compatible with the stable 17.2?

Sorry for my English, I'm Spanish

Thank you for your work. The mod looks great!

I will be releasing tools to translate the mod, there are already a few people waiting inline to start and translate the mod in diff languages :)

Here's something I've been working on lately:

hFEg0Lh.png

Edited by Subquake (see edit history)

Just finished all the functionality for a Recycling workbench, where you could recycle certain items and get back their components (similar how it worked in Undead Legacy 1.3, but without the quest system working as middle man), now it's properly integrated in the recipe system:

unknown.png

And here's the recipe for that example:

<recipe name="ammoArrowStone" scrapable="true" craft_area="scrapper">
<output name="resourceRockSmall" count="1"/>
<output name="resourceWood" count="1"/>
<output name="resourceFeather" count="1"/>
</recipe>

To be honest this looks........ Amazing!

Any eta when I can take it for a spin?

ETA is long due, wanted to release it around Christmas 2018, but life is life... so one deadline missed after another and I'm still working on the mod, but all for greater good, because I don't want to sacrifice quality and rush things.

New ETA: Sometime soon in 2019 :D

ETA is long due, wanted to release it around Christmas 2018, but life is life... so one deadline missed after another and I'm still working on the mod, but all for greater good, because I don't want to sacrifice quality and rush things.

LOL take your time. I'm more excited about your mod than I was for A17 release.

IT Takes a woman to have a baby and give birth about 9 months .. So .. Let's have patience. It's a coming.

54fb96626f34a5a806afe8018c6e-yes.jpg.24074b592b69acc2020b88789a756cb8.jpg