True Survival

Spider

Hmm let's see.

I believe A14.6 had a "bug" or something where looted dead zombies wouldn't become flesh and bones. In A14.7 they do become.

I really liked more when a dead body stays that way, not transform into another game object. I understand the performance talk here.

Now, in Valmod mod pack I already asked for no bag version and Valmar told me how to do it. He actually already made a new file just for guys like me.

Well if you figured out how to undo it in Vals the its the same with mine. Only difference in the 2 is that my loot containers are the dead zombie blocks and he uses a backpack. So you should be able to do it just like you did Vals.

Hi

Im testing this mod and I have a icon issue. I have downloaded the client pack but the clip extended ak47 dont have a inventory icon. All the other clip extended weapons have a icon. Anyone have any idea why?

Edit: After more research I found out that the ak-47 dont have a new icon so I used the vanilla icon.

Edited by xxx73 (see edit history)

Hey Spider, I continue playing your mod and have accumulated some more feedback.

The awesome part first:

I love the spear! Normally I don't melee in multiplayer because of lag and zombie's long reach (lets hope they fixed that in A15). But now I enjoy poking my spear in their eyes.

Love the way you pour the concrete with a bucket again, I never liked it when TFP 'streamlined' it with a repair tool use.

Love the journals idea. I never read books in vanilla for a skill up (those skill ups don't count to your overall experience, and if you had almost gained the level and you read the book, it only fills the remaining experience (am I making sense?) and the book feels 'wasted'). Anyway, this idea with the journals addresses both these issues.

I got used to farming and don't ruin my crops anymore.

Now the problems:

I've experienced instant zombies spawn around me twice. I'm not sure if it is yours or vanilla. Both times it was when I was looting a POI, but other players had it in the open. You normally progress thru a POI, killing the resistance one by one and looting/exploring when suddenly a dozen of them spawn on top of your head and hit you. Both times I survived (hardly) and made out, but if I got stunned no steel armor would save me. We all enjoy the difficulty of this mod, but this zombie 'ambush' feels like cheating from their side.

I've suffered all kinds of hurt (poison, bites, scratches, acid and what not), but I have never been infected. Am I a lucky coward not willing to get stunned ('grabbed') or is the virus too rare?

I still cannot get 44 ammo from a box (no problem with any other bullets), there is a greyed out recipe icon.

Some of us (StompyNZ?) says he found a Brain Schnitzel book, but he still cannot cook it. I haven't found the book yet so I cannot confirm.

Blunderbass ammo takes 1 stone + 1 gunpowder + 1 paper, but when scrapped it returnes 3 paper. Feels like exploit for endless paper.

Gun oil is Cop exclusive, feels a bit cruel for other classes. I suggest changing cop book to teach gun oil, so other players could trade for this book.

You find a lot of 'alternators' when harvesting cars, but you cannot scrap/smelt it.

Let me suggest an idea for A15. If you make it possible to assemble 'mobile spotlight' like we assemble bikes, so they drain the battery when ON. Is it possible? Then we will switch them OFF when not needed, and there will be more use for a steam generator to charge the batteries. And maybe some FPS gain if less spotlights are ON? Or even have a 'quality' for spotlights to shine brighter (I think motorbike shines brighter when high quality).

And let me repeat my two questions: any difference in damage between normal/scoped/auto crossbows? Do zombies take damage when walking on radiated terrain?

Thanks for the best mod!

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

@unlike them

Always so detailed. I like it.

The instant spawn behind you is a vanilla bug. It been happening to MM in his videos so maybe they will finally admit that its a f%ed up system in a survival game. I was hoping the new zombie spawns in A15 where they spawn in the world laying on the ground before they stand would help fix this but from the recent test videos it looks like they took that feature out so i don't know. Maybe I can mod it back in we will have to wait and see.

The infection can only happen when a zombie bites you. A zombie can only bite you if they have grabbed you. So if you are not getting grabbed a lot then your not going to get infected. Enjoy it while it last soon infection will have no cure till you finish a super long story quest and all the pills you find in loot will only push the Z Virus back one stage.

Have you updated your mod files recently? That 44 Ammo thing should be fixed. Let me know if you update and it still not working.

First I herd of the cooking book I'll look into it

I lowered the scrap on the Blunderbuss but I don't think it goes any lower. I think ill just make the blunder buss ammo craft into gunpowder and not scrap.

Gun Oil is meant to be only a Cop thing. You can find Upgrade kits in loot and farm them off harder zombies. Or you could find 20 Profession Pages and learn the Cop Profession

Alternators should scrap. But into what iron or copper scrap?

As for the A15 suggestion what you ask can not be done with just xml changes. But I am looking into adding some SDX mods so its something I'll check on.

1)The only difference in crossbows would be quality. They are all the same but for the attachments effects.

2)No they do not take radiation damage from Radiated Soil. *Note* When walking on a trap only the legs are effected by it and legs damage does not count toward killing the Zombie. Only the Fire and Shock traps can damage/kill a standing Zombie. But some Zombies cant catch fire!

Have you updated your mod files recently? That 44 Ammo thing should be fixed. Let me know if you update and it still not working.

I start 7dtd with the new '7dtd mod launcher', so I assume it is up to date.

PS. Another stupid death of mine :) I was crafting in my base and went AFK. Then I learned about SpaceX explosion and totally forgot about the game. My character died of starvation and my backpack expired :( Now Im drinking to memorate both my character and the Falcon 9.

Yes Stompy copy's over from my github depot. Maybe after I finish changing this to a SDX mod I'll have you change it to pull from my depot.

No problem. It's a quick and easy change. Let either StompyNZ or I know when.

Good luck on the SDX integration. Let me know if you need a hand with it. My Steam ID is the same as my forum ID.

-SphereII

True Survival Xtreme

*disclaimer-

I didn't not write any scripts or upload any textures or 3D Meshes. All praise for the individual items should be heaped on their creators for their awesomenessesss!!

A test build is now ready for download and can be found on the 7d2dModLauncher under SDX

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

I have merged about 20 different current SDX mods into True Survival. At the moment they all are in the cheat menu and work but are not incorporated into the game play. Please feel free to mess around with it. I recommend it for testing only and always with cheat on. It is not ready for real game play but I need to know what weapons to keep or toss and I need to balance everything and everything else. Please give feed back.

No SDX required as long as you launch it through the Mod Launcher

List of SDX mods that are partially or fully included-

Lucille

Michonne's Katana

Apple Tree

Tomato Plant

Alchemy Station

Double Barrel

Engineers Desk

Police Cars and Trucks

Medieval

Morte Fishing

Morte Farming

Morte Power

Morte Power Traps

Morte Spawner

Morte Traps

Ranged Weapons

Razor Wire

Power Mod

Workbenches

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Spider, I will test your SDX version as soon as I make it work on my computer. Im trying all day, but I can not launch any SDX mod currently thru the Mod Launcher. Shpereii is trying to help me.

Feel free to add me to steam as we work through this issue. Same username as here.

-SphereII