True Survival

Spider

Ok sorted through the Medieval SDX mod and pulled out the ones that might fit into the mod still working on balancing the stats but here’s a list of our new melee weapons

2- 1H Swords

1- Saber

2-2H Sword

4-1H Axes

1-2H Axe

1- Dagger

2- Maces

1-Chained Mace

1-1H Hammer

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/263846487457286835/281267157614498BA08A53438208635279199241/

I think we will keep all the guns. I don’t see any reason to not have them since each has its own mesh, ammo and stats. Here’s the list of new guns.

Lsat

LSAT Laser

mg42

Grenade Launcher

Beretta

mk23

mk23Laser

mp443

mp443Laser

Desert Eagle

Luger

ACW

ACW Laser

ak12

ak12Laser

ScarH

ScarH Laser

m4a1

m4a1Laser

g36c

Uzi

Uzi Laser

Cbj

Cbj Laser

amr2

USAS12

USAS12Laser

amr2Player

Multi Rocket Launcher

Minigun

Double Barrel

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

So finally I was able to run the new SDX True Survival and ran through the new mods. My first impressions:

- Police cars look too new and shiny. While we need the variety, these cars are too immersion breaking for my taste. The military and army trucks suit better though.

- Apple trees are fine, though your old apple trees were good too.

- Tomatoes. Sure, why not.

- Fishing. Yes, good fishing pole model. But somehow the process seems too complicated. Especially the part when you need to put the fish on the ground and chop it. For some reason your old fishing (with a very limited graphics part) felt more fun. But we need fishing in the game, I wonder if you could make it better.

- Farming. I didn't try the new farming in the game, just watched the mod's video. Water needs to be implemented, but again, I'm not a fan of the way it is implemented here. Maybe we could 'upgrade' the crops with a water can? But the rain part is good, and I hope we will have weather again in the dedicated server in A15.

- Alchemy station model is nice, a bit big maybe :) I didn't find Engineers desk model in the creative menu, but I read the description, and I liked it. We already have this 'reverse engineering' thing when we craft gun schematics, and I like the perspective of spreading it to other items.

- Medieval weapons just don't fit into the game. And we have enough melee variety (even the spear). Maybe lets take a couple of weapons from this mod, those that look more or less home-made. It would be pain in the ass to balance them all.

- Ranged weapons. Well, I'd love to have them. But how are you gonna balance it all? All those calibers. I got the impression that fire arms don't play much role in your mod, they are end game. The mod intends to make ammo rare, and these things eat much too much ammo. But again, it would be a waste not to include them. Though I don't like the laser variants. It doesn't look good, it doesn't help aiming. I expect it will take ages to incorporate those guns into your mod if you want quality. Some guns (desert eagle, M4a1) seem too dark to me, something wrong with their textures. AMR2 has endless ammo bug? And its model doesn't have a scope, but it uses scope for aiming. And I don't like the way how aiming down the sights looks with many of these guns. Sorry if I sound too negative.

- Double barrel shotgun is good, the question is, do we need the old sawed off shotgun now?

- My best hopes are for power mod. I haven't tried it, but I saw the video. That's the direction I'd love to go.

- Spawner. What do we need it for? You have some evil ideas, don't you?

All in all I feel a bit disappointed. I'm so sorry to say that. I am playing your mod because you have the right balance (for my taste). And the balance is more important than features. The mod is growing bigger and you need more people to develop it, and now we have SDX. Implementing and testing will take ages, so don't take more than you can chew.

Ah, I'm sounding too negative, but I don't mean it. I hope other people post their feed back.

Thanks for the detailed rundown.

A lot of these SDX things I'm just going to use their new meshes like the Apple tree. Most of these will not fit game play wise into True Survival.

The Fishing is awesome honestly once you figure out how to do it. There seems to be a problem with SDX mods using the text file for descriptions. I will get around to making detailed descriptions on things so they are easy to understand without going to watch some vids.

The Framing is also really nice, I just need to sweet talk Morte into including trampling into it correctly so players don't take damage. Then it would be perfect.

The Alchemy thing Im just going to use the mesh that's the only reason that block is in there so I remember. Its a really nice Chemist set up.

The Medieval Mod i kept the ones listed above and did just what you said. I kept the cruder looking weapons that were rigged well and looked right with the game setting.

Ya i also noticed that the laser is an object that stops a certain distant from the player. You can see that in coop. I'll probably drop that part but keep the rest of the guns. There is another SDX mods that i think has a bunch of scope overlays i think. I still haven't loaded them all up yet. I think the person that put the guns in did pretty good balancing the damage, range and stuff per the weapon but i just need to bring them inline with the head shot only system in True Survival.(its done and will be in the next upload later today)

The place SDX really shines is the scripts and the Power Mod is definitely a game changer. 3 types of power seems to complicated so we will only have electricity but you will be able to make electricity in a few different ways. Some of the other new machine code is awesome and im gona use it for many new things.

Dont be disappointed, what's available now is just True Survival with a ton of other mods thrown on top of it. It is not incorporated at all. Just make sure when ever you go to play it you use the Launcher with the mod update clicked because I am constantly updating and uploading the changes.

Yes you will meet the spawner and you will not like it. :)

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

I am doing okay but can't find an augerengine. Where can they be found? Can they be crafted? I can't build a metal crafting table yet as I also can't find hubcaps. If hubcaps are a rare drop from cars then I have been unlucky as I have demolished dozens of cars without finding a single hubcap.

If hubcaps are a rare drop from cars then I have been unlucky as I have demolished dozens of cars without finding a single hubcap.

I also harvested dozens of cars and never had hubcaps, but I found it in the baggage department once. The best place I figured out is trash cans. So I went to a wasteland and there are those 'corner ruins' with a guarantied trashcan, and found a hub cap there, took me a while though.

They also can scratch you and have a very small chance to bite you. Single are no problem but there is also a wandering zombie rabbit horde of up to 20. That can get interesting. Now that I'm getting into SDX I could probably upload some new sounds for the zombie animals.

They also can scratch you and have a very small chance to bite you. Single are no problem but there is also a wandering zombie rabbit horde of up to 20. That can get interesting. Now that I'm getting into SDX I could probably upload some new sounds for the zombie animals.

That explain what happened to me yesterday.

I was hiding behind some haybale on top of a random rock for the night, but there was a huge amount of bark/growl right next to me xD

I should have tried to kill them ... a few leather is always welcome.

But yeah, something else as sound would be really nice.

This mod is GREAT!

My friends and I really enjoy this! This mod adds sooo much! So many new content, blocks, items etc.

It also slow down the pace of the game, making the progression a lot more interesting.

It is also harder and puts emphasis on playing in multiplayer to use strenght of every class!

If you want to have an idea of what it looks like, you can check either my 10 minutes condensed best of video or all of the episodes.

Here is the best of:

Here is the playlist of episodes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IdTgs2BAsc&list=PLgPsnKUDOMFLI7p9q99FNjvggQfwM9nY_&index=2

Please follow, share and subscribe, but first of all, ENJOY!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]16236[/ATTACH]

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTt...oHyiAjLUhA9HDg

https://www.facebook.com/CriticalMaxShow/

https://twitter.com/Critical_Max_

Logo_Twitch_Small.jpg.bd44b2f002cc989e8a77dfca7a2a0db3.jpg

ROFL at the first 10 seconds of this video

I always wondered how players messed up choosing their professions and lose their briefcase. Its so easy, craft, place and open. Never thought you would spin in a circle and toss your briefcase on some grass lol. But seeing that made me think of a way to fix it for ya'll goofballs. Ill make it drop itself when it falls so if that happens it will be lootable dropped item that you can suck up holding "E". Cools vids.

The Official True Survival Xtreme test server is now up and running.

209.222.2.74 port:29220 pw: xtreme

You MUST HAVE EAC OFF and USE THE 7D2D MOD LAUNCHER with the latest True Survival Xtreme Mod files. This will be being constantly updated so always use fresh files for now. Cheat Menu is on and will stay on so new stuff can be tested until i can integrate all the new items into game play. Map may be wiped at any time so don't get invested in the map.

The Official True Survival Xtreme test server is now up and running.

209.222.2.74 port:29220 pw: xtreme

You MUST HAVE EAC OFF and USE THE 7D2D MOD LAUNCHER with the latest True Survival Xtreme Mod files. This will be being constantly updated so always use fresh files for now. Cheat Menu is on and will stay on so new stuff can be tested until i can integrate all the new items into game play. Map may be wiped at any time so don't get invested in the map.

I added the server's IP address and port number to the Launcher config file. When people use the 7D2D Mod Launcher, the IP address and port should populate in the Connect To Server box at the bottom. Useful for people like me who forget quickly!

-SphereII