True Survival

Spider

Im currently playing your mod and Im gonna post my feedback here, but some time later as I have not progressed far enough for a feedback. But the food overhaul is badly needed, as currently food and water is the easiest thing in your otherwise hard game. Cacti and carrots for food and juice and you are never hungry. All found canned food I immediately scrap for iron without eating (why would I lose 0.1 wellness if I can chop some cacti).

As for separate meat types - its up to you as a modder. Just make sure that we need all that food variety, as currently most ppl just cook what gives most wellness, so late game its one food type (stew). I know that your planned food overhaul is gonna adress this.

As for hunter skill - sure, why not? Btw, what is the max level limit in the mod? Are we able to max all our skills?

@unlike them-

Yes i think the food loot needs to be lowered too. Max level is 100

@rakigr-

Its not my server i just make the mod. Drkstardragon owns the server the info is

Official True Survival Mod Server

216.155.140.76 port: 25000 pw = TheRemaining

Make sure you have newsiest Client Pack or Full Mod installed before joining

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

I read through the guide but i couldnt find out how to get the skill to make bullets in the bullet press. Currently i am classed as the soldier but when i go to the bullet press it says i need a skill to make the bullets. What skill do i buy to make bullets?

Also some feed back from our farmer, he said that theres not enough return for the chicken coop, its like 15 corn and you get 24 feathers or 5 eggs so the effort for a chicken coop isnt worth the reward. I dont know if its meant to be like that, but just a suggestion

- - - Updated - - -

The engineer said that the tools are cool but they die too quickly to use and have equal effect as the normal tools

Great mod thanks.

I can't find the iron bars recipe. I can't make them in the forge without the recipe. I haven't built a metal workstation yet. If they are made in the metal workstation that is fine but the reference to iron bars should then be removed from the forge.

Great mod thanks.

I can't find the iron bars recipe. I can't make them in the forge without the recipe. I haven't built a metal workstation yet. If they are made in the metal workstation that is fine but the reference to iron bars should then be removed from the forge.

There is no recipe its one of those things you cant find. I thinks its the window book its bugged.

@Cotterjoe-

What ammo cant you make? All ammo is unlocked in my mod, everyone can craft all ammo from the start(except Rocket Launcher and Doctors Shots). Now you do need to buy the recipes to make the bullet parts like casing and bullets tips you do that in the Skill/Perk screen. The Chicken Coop uses 1 Water and 15 Corn to make 24 feathers in 90 min(real time) or 3 Eggs in 90min(real time). So if your running 60 min days that means almost everyday you can harvest feathers or eggs from you Hen and if you have more than one it starts to add up. This seems reasonable to me what would you suggest changing it to? Also I think you must be running an older version of True Survival the Eng tools have been fixed along with a few other things. Try updating your True Survival to the newest. It should not bother your save game to do so.

@Akrux

Iron Bars recipe is found in a Skill Book in T3 Loot so Ferals and Steel Ammo Crates its called, are you ready, the "Iron Bars Book" tada! lol

@ Hirilus-

I assume by "a" mod you mean this mod. If when you start you do not have a "Start Here" item then you did not install the mod correctly. Make sure if you are playing a SP game you install the whole mod and not just the Client Pack. The Client Pack is for a player playing on a MP server.

No more derailing this thread. I cleaned up all the stuff that should have been handled by pm if at all. Please always be courteous, especially when posting in someone else's modding thread and you are a modder yourself. Any further problems will be dealt with by vacations from the forums.

The Client pack is just the files a player needs to play on a True Survival game. If its on a server the server gets the full mod and players get client packs. If your doing coop the player that is hosting the game needs the full mod and any player that joins needs client pack.

A person can use the full mod instead of a client pack with no problem, the client pack is just 4 files from the full mod(the files that the servers do not push out) and the icons. The reason i have a client pack and not just a one size fits all is because some players do not like installing things so i try to make it as small a download and install as possible. If you only play my mod i would just install the full thing. If you like to play on other servers with other mods the client pack is easier for people to switch out.

The Client pack is just the files a player needs to play on a True Survival game. If its on a server the server gets the full mod and players get client packs. If your doing coop the player that is hosting the game needs the full mod and any player that joins needs client pack.

A person can use the full mod instead of a client pack with no problem, the client pack is just 4 files from the full mod(the files that the servers do not push out) and the icons. The reason i have a client pack and not just a one size fits all is because some players do not like installing things so i try to make it as small a download and install as possible. If you only play my mod i would just install the full thing. If you like to play on other servers with other mods the client pack is easier for people to switch out.

Thanks for explaining that to me. I always thought both players need identical game files to play flawlessly. Looks like I was wrong hah.

No most of the game xml files are pushed from the server/host out to the players. With the new xml files (descriptions and skills/perks) someone forgot to set them up to be pushed out. They did this before with new xml files. They always seem to forget anything to do with mp or modding but i would guess it will probably be fixed in A15 then players might only need icon folder again.

No most of the game xml files are pushed from the server/host out to the players. With the new xml files (descriptions and skills/perks) someone forgot to set them up to be pushed out. They did this before with new xml files. They always seem to forget anything to do with mp or modding but i would guess it will probably be fixed in A15 then players might only need icon folder again.

they will no doubt forget to push the new xmls like npc's dialogs and traders :p

I installed a fresh 14.7 and installed the mod. With the latest release the models for the lighted variants of all the helmets still didn't show up in game and both steel helmets appeared, but removed the entire character head.

Below is what I did to get them all working again, hopefully I didn't screw anything else up in the process, but I wouldn't rule it out.

JZmod armor

Edited by Curmudgeon (see edit history)

@Cotterjoe-

What ammo cant you make? All ammo is unlocked in my mod, everyone can craft all ammo from the start(except Rocket Launcher and Doctors Shots). Now you do need to buy the recipes to make the bullet parts like casing and bullets tips you do that in the Skill/Perk screen. The Chicken Coop uses 1 Water and 15 Corn to make 24 feathers in 90 min(real time) or 3 Eggs in 90min(real time). So if your running 60 min days that means almost everyday you can harvest feathers or eggs from you Hen and if you have more than one it starts to add up. This seems reasonable to me what would you suggest changing it to? Also I think you must be running an older version of True Survival the Eng tools have been fixed along with a few other things. Try updating your True Survival to the newest. It should not bother your save game to do so.

@Akrux

Iron Bars recipe is found in a Skill Book in T3 Loot so Ferals and Steel Ammo Crates its called, are you ready, the "Iron Bars Book" tada! lol

I cannot open ammo boxes or craft any find of ammo except fire ammo the rest are saying i need a skill i dont have

@ Cotterjoe-

Are you playing on a server, joining a Coop, hosting a Coop or playing SP? And what do you have installed the client pack or the full mod?

Also what do y'all think about starting to use this new tool a player made

https://7daystodie.com/forums/showthread.php?48537-The-7D2D-Mod-Launcher-A-Mod-Launcher-for-7-Days-to-Die

Its pretty much like Steam Workshop where you pick what mods you want from a list and then every time you start 7D2D it auto updates your mod list for you so you always have the right files and it is always installed correctly. You can switch back and forth between modded and vanilla with a click. And it will work with ......... SDX!!! One of the main reason I have not touched SDX is because its more complex to install and run and all that crap but with this any player could have everything in one button click and always installed correctly and up to date. Would the players of my True Survival mod be interested in using this?

Oh, that tool looks awesome! I already use your mod and some SDX mods, but it is most definitely a nightmare making sure my players have properly configured everything with SDX on their end. If this tool can streamline that process it is a godsend. I'm going to check this out when I get home.

Hey Spider, let me know if you need any assistance in adapting the mod with SDK elements. I'm interested to see this work as well :)

Hopefully the process is straight forward, and we can publish a tutorial to help other modders add some SDK to their own mods.

Feel free to add me to steam; my username is the same as it is here.

-SphereII