True Survival

Spider

How should I ever reach gunsmithing 50 to get the bullet parts? I made 20 stacks of blunderbuss ammo but have only lvl 7 in gunsmithing. To make gun powder is science. So how to skill this?

Also you wrote you can find 2 bulletpresses in a policestation. I can't find it there. I guess it is in the ammo-box? (can't open jet)

Best way to improve gunsmithing is to make/recycle blunderbusses (not ammo) while you're on the road disassembling cars and/or beds (prison POIs are great for this).

Does gunsmithing skill not affect the impact of weapon upgrade kits?

Best way to improve gunsmithing is to make/recycle blunderbusses (not ammo) while you're on the road disassembling cars and/or beds (prison POIs are great for this).

Does gunsmithing skill not affect the impact of weapon upgrade kits?

I found that handlebars works on gun skill too, got 1 skill point from about 7-8 handlebars, but they do need duct tapes which as far as I can tell is a loot only resource.

The mod description says that scratches naturally heal after some time, is this info outdated? Because my scratches don't heal unless I treat them.

It should heal on its own. Unless its bugging out, but i can't see a reason for it not to work looking at the code.

http://7days2mod.com/TrueSurvival/14.6/_buff/id=ScratchesHealing

800t per scratch, 8 in game hours.

I found that handlebars works on gun skill too, got 1 skill point from about 7-8 handlebars, but they do need duct tapes which as far as I can tell is a loot only resource.

That's true. I always find myself hoarding duct tape for metal armor. Could maybe add a duct tape recipe based on glue, melted rubber, and cloth at a crafting station at some kind? Dunno what that would be though.

That's true. I always find myself hoarding duct tape for metal armor. Could maybe add a duct tape recipe based on glue, melted rubber, and cloth at a crafting station at some kind? Dunno what that would be though.

I would expect Spider removed it as a recipe intentionally to force you to scavenge/loot to get it for leveling armor and such :)

I would expect Spider removed it as a recipe intentionally to force you to scavenge/loot to get it for leveling armor and such :)

Possibly. At the moment (unless it's changed following this post :X) I generally level up using the iron boots recipe, which doesn't use masking tape but relies on rubber and glue already.

Yes some items are purposely left only in loot with no way to craft them, Duct Tape is one of them. This is done to get players out of their bases and force them to loot, explore and trade instead of just crafting in a hole in the ground.

8/17/2016

Update -

Fixed Rabbit Trap

Fixed Weapon Repair Kits not repairing enough

Fixed "One Scratch" not healing by itself

Dead Batteries can be stacked now

*Thanks to StompyNZ* Made Skill detail window larger so that all skill level rewards can be seen.

Fixed Weapon Repair Kits not repairing enough

The first time I repaired a weapon crapped my pants wondering if the repair amount was an oversight, but then I actually grew to like the repair amount because it made weapons difficult to maintain forcing me to actually gather a ton of cloth, oil and iron.

@ Sirillion

Ya I need to make the buff icons a little bigger, the player level a different color and i want to do something with the body temp. I want it down with the rest of the stats on the left. With A15 and distant terrain i think i will be removing the entire compass from the HUD again so i want to use that room by the player level for time/day/world temp

@Curmudgeon

Thanks I just haven't been in one in a while and always forget them. I added your files and it will be in the next update. Thanks for the help.

I've made changes to the buff frames in my next release. You can now change between 4 buff frames; normal frames with big and small icons and improved frames with big and small icons.

I've also changed the color of the level and created a circular xp bar all while removing the existing top left frame.

The body and map temp will both be in the lower part of the UI in the next release, I just need to decide where I want to put them.

Sadly I have very limited time to work on this when I am here so I will try and get stuff done next week when I am back home.

Game play suggestion

New Skill – Hunting

You would get xp for harvesting animals. The higher your skill the more animal items you can harvest (Animal Hide, Fat, Meat) and the rarer animal parts you get (bladder, Sinew, Pork Belly, Venison Tenderloin, and Bear Flank). Change the Bone Shiv and Hunting Knife to Hunting Skill leave the Machete and new Sword for Bladed Weapon Skill. Have another knife recipe available at maybe lv65 Hunting the “ Butchers Knife”, and it would harvest better than hunting knife but have low damage but high head shot damage. With this we can have a “meat” item that drops as a portion size per the animals size ex: Rabbit has 2 Meat chicken has 3, Pig has 20, deer has 25 bear has 50. Food recipes would need more than one “meat” per recipe so Charred Meat might need 2 Meat and a meat stew might need 8 Meat. At higher level or less chance at lower levels have a special meat items from each animal like Pork Belly for bacon and eggs and Bear Flank for Bear Steaks. Also the higher your Hunting Skill the better chance at getting animal items like Bladders and Sinew.

This would also help out with the new cooking system I’m about ready to put in. I am putting in a system where nearly every item can be combined with ever other item up to four items to make a meal, with added bonuses for more food and different foods. So for every food combinations I have to make a recipe and a food item. With all the different meats Rabbit, Chicken, Pig and so on makes it crazy complicated and if we just had “Meat” it would be so much better. Also with this system we can still keep our animal specific recipes like only pork belly from pigs or Bear stew made from Bear Flank.

So in closing lose the separate animal meats and go to “meat” but still keep separate animal meat drops for animal specific recipes. Add new Hunting Skill that levels off harvesting dead animals and improves loot from dead animals as you level.

Animal Parts Usages

Bladder - large flask - water proofing

Skin - leather

Bone - Shiv - fish hooks, awls, needles, spear points, bone meal.

Brain - Tanning - Food

Fat - Glue - Tallow - Food - Paint - lubricant - fuel,

Sinew - sutures, fish line, bowstrings, lashing and snare line.

Feathers - Fletching - Insulation

Meat - generic "meat" portioned by animal size

Special Meats - Pork Belly, Bear Flank, Venison Tenderloin

Thoughts?

Edited by Spider (see edit history)