True Survival

Spider

@unlike them Thanks for the advice. I am going to have to give that a try. I really want to get into the meat of this mod. I love the crafting and building aspect of the game. I like what spider has down with the skills and also the use of different "facilities" like the blast furnace and others. The killing zombies is fun but my true passion in the game is the other stuff. I just have to find a way to survive until I can get some weapons up and running.

@wolverine I will do that. Just need to find a way to survive for longer then 5 minutes. That is the name of the game though. I have also found out just how hard it is to throat punch a screaming chicken to death...lol

Yea, the survivors you can have follow you around are quite helpful at the start as unlikem pointed out. Spider is adding starter weapons for the professions to the next version. They will be single use items, meaning they will degrade but you will be unable to repair them. And spider is working quite hard on the next version of the mod, prob why hes been a little afk.

Yea, the survivors you can have follow you around are quite helpful at the start as unlikem pointed out. Spider is adding starter weapons for the professions to the next version. They will be single use items, meaning they will degrade but you will be unable to repair them. And spider is working quite hard on the next version of the mod, prob why hes been a little afk.

I like the sound of how he is going to do the starter weapon. Give you something to get going but forces you to get replacements crafted. I am excited by everything I have read and where this mod is headed! Will fit my style of game play the best once I get to where I can live a little longer.

I have also found out just how hard it is to throat punch a screaming chicken to death...lol

LMAO spit my coffee on my computer screen lol. Ya peps been busy doing tedious coding. I did want to put out a request for help in a few sections of the mod. Looking for people that have knowledge and understanding in the game code either to help do something for the mod or just for me to ask you some questions so I can figure out how to do it. Need help with the Weather System, RWG Terrain Generation, Adding/Editing Sounds, Importing 3d meshes for use in the game. If you know how to do any of that drop me a message or post somewhere and I'll get in touch with you. Thanks

So correct me if I'm wrong but the game doesn't seem to really take off until level 10 and the forget unlocks.

I'm sorry to tell you, but to unlock forged iron you need to have Woodworking 75 (in the current version). And usually it comes much later than 10 levels. This mod is very different from vanilla (and from most other mods), so stone axe is not a temporary tool until you find a forge POI, but a large part of the game you run around with it. It is an intended feature, so players 'enjoy' each stage of the game :)

But I agree with you that the game feels very limited until you unlock forged iron.

edit: I meant Stoneworking 75, not woodworking.

Edited by unlike them (see edit history)

Need help with the Weather System, RWG Terrain Generation, Adding/Editing Sounds, Importing 3d meshes for use in the game. If you know how to do any of that drop me a message or post somewhere and I'll get in touch with you. Thanks

I have played around quite a bit with the RWGMixer so might be able to help in that area. I have changed the weather settings a bit too, but there doesn't seem to be much out of the box you can do there. You can change temps, storm frequency, make it snow in the desert etc. But you cant make it rain cats or anything like that.....

@xyth-

Well i don't need any help with the mixer just the terrain generating part. I would like to make some flatter areas and some mountain areas but i haven't dived into that code yet. I was reading some of the threads about it and used some of their codes but they are either too flat or to mountainie. I wouldn't mind rings. Like a flat area in the center 0.0 then hills. Then a few K out a real big and steep mountain range. Something creative. If anyone can explain that part or point me to a thread explaining it, that would be great. Or if your good at it post some code and ill load it up while im testing.

As for the weather I was wondering if you could tie it to the day. like make it get real cold from day 65 to 90 and real hot from 120 to 150. Something like that.

So i just started a new game using the recommended settings. When I connected to the server I spawned next to a factory. I walk down to it and there is a lorry prefab next to it so I investigate while making my stone axe.

Inside I find an auger blueprint, a BikeInABox, 507 qual rechargable battery, 417 qual nailgun magazine and a tool and die set.

Is this normal with this mod or am I super lucky?

http://pasteboard.co/l8ShfClWX.png

Edited by PiggeryJokery (see edit history)

So i just started a new game using the recommended settings. When I connected to the server I spawned next to a factory. I walk down to it and there is a lorry prefab next to it so I investigate while making my stone axe.

Inside I find an auger blueprint, a BikeInABox, 507 qual rechargable battery, 417 qual nailgun magazine and a tool and die set.

It is definitely possible, and yes, youre super lucky lol.

This is absolutely normal. You anyway can't do much with that loot in early game. Finding the tool and die set is lucky though))

Minibike is not a lategame item in this mod. Nailguns are quite common to find in building/working crates too.

When I started my game with this mod I found so many cool prefabs with forges (one with 7 forges in it), bunkers made of reinforced concrete, lost my motivation to build my own base a bit.

I have a gameplay question guys.

Is it possible to find nitrate powder in snow biome veins? I understand there's a random generation for ores, but I also have seen gravel veins having a particular ore in it (default ore generation working in this mod?).

Looking for caves just to find a little bit of nitrate powder is tedious and not very rewarding.

I dont think there is any on the surface but according to the biomes.xml file there is some under the gravel thats under the snow. So dig down 4 blocks of snow, then 1 of gravel, then your chance of hitting nitrate starts. I'd say its less tedious just heading to another biome though, or otherwise I just bust small boulders and get all I need that way.

I dont think there is any on the surface but according to the biomes.xml file there is some under the gravel thats under the snow. So dig down 4 blocks of snow, then 1 of gravel, then your chance of hitting nitrate starts. I'd say its less tedious just heading to another biome though, or otherwise I just bust small boulders and get all I need that way.

I do not get any ores, except zinc, by smashing boulders.

Just a few more quick questions, are we able to relocate forges with wrenches, and how do I complete the last step in the last survivors quest? I've crafted and placed my todryleather workstation, which looks like a chest,but I'm not able to finish the last step of gather 4 cured leather. Ty for the help. I'm cooping this mod with Haladmer if any of you folks watch his channel and were having a blast, just survived the first 7 day horde!

Anyone know any solution or fix: whenever opening campfire I get lag/stuttering. Also whenever I search for something in craft menu game freezes for a few seconds. Annoying small things. Thanx for any help

The cause is that all the added recipes in this mod and how A15 searches EVERYTHING on the crafting menu causes the slowness. Only decent work around is make favorites of those items you commonly use and switch to the favorites screen when crafting.