True Survival

Spider

Hey i have big question. Playing on a random map (game is set for this mod) my base is At -28 altitude . Day 30. The base is not fully covered. Needs some walls and such . Every day i have 2-3 screamers that spawn ferals. Is this a mod feature xd? Or is it because i have a forge and it attracts them?

Not sure if this is discussed elsewhere in the 100's of posts here, but why no traders? And no dukes in cash registers and such?

Workchickencoop Has no description

Venison Steak, has no description, or Icon

Just made my first chicken coop, is it correct that it takes 5 game days to craft a baby chicken? Timer in the coop says 348 minutes..? Thats 5 real life hours?

-Traders are in the mod

-ty

-ty

-5 Hours/Days to hatch an egg doesn't seem to long to me.

First off, this is a great mod and it really spices up and changes how the game flows playing it with a few friends and we're wondering a few things.

- Fishing? how does that work? fishing line is is the game, and fish recipies, but seems not be able to do anything about it?

- Zombiespawningdistance seems to be really low and it's awful to see zombies just pop into existence (especially when a screamer pops in, safe behind most of the spiketraps -.-)

- The npc/followers AI. we found a rocketsilo site and on another location an large building with concrete walls around it, where there was many many of the NPC's guarding it. but most of them didnt move a muscle when zombies came and attacked them. The ones randomly standing in the world does start shooting at zombies when they see them though. Is there some way to easily remove the NPC system? it seems like they probably just waste resources as it is now.

- Performance/prefabs, noticeable in large city parts. while the prefabs makes the place look great, it really, really, -really- chokes up the Unity engine and causing massive fps drops for me. It's not a matter of slow computer performance, more likely the classic Unityengine problem when it reaches a certain point of complexity. neither cpu nor ram nor gpu is overutilizied, but the game chokes down to sub 30 fps in those areas. (tried to copy the default rwgmixer into this mod, and with that active, a new world's largecities had no performance problems)

(i7-4790K,GTX1070,24Gb ram system) would it be possible to tone down the usage of prefabs just a bit in those areas somehow? a prefabs lite version mayhaps?

-Holo-

So..

I have done everything I can find to resolve this error ... I even ran a local random gen map to make sure the files where in the right place..

Everything works great when in game "so far" but when I log off from a dedicated server using this MOD i receive a never ending run of nullreferenceexception errors in console and have to force quit the application.

things i have tried to resolve this;

reinstalled server

updated all files as per install guide

Same error.

Installed fresh copy of client local

installed mod files local

ran local single player map

this ran fine on exit of the game

Logged back into server , logout after integrity checks... oddly every time i logout and get this error the same 31 files need to be repaired....

any thoughts ?

First off, Spider, your mod is awesome! A big thanks to you and everyone who have helped you for bringing us this, my friends and I absolutely love it! I had been trying every which way I could think of to tweak our server to make things more of a challenge (without going to mods) and it was never enough. We finally loaded up your mod earlier this week and everyone is happy!

@Loxodrome - The 31 files needing repaired when you run the integrity check are the ones changed by the mod. The check sees that something is different with these vs. the vanilla game and says "Hey! Something's wrong here!" No worries, nothing is wrong. If you really want to stop the crash out you can go into your xui.xml (needs to be changed both server and clientside) and around line 93 (using Notepad++) change:

<window name="SMXBuffFrame3" anchor="LeftBottom" />

to

<window name="SMXBuffFrame1" anchor="LeftBottom" />

and it'll close out fine. However,....however! You will lose all sorts of buff/debuff info.

@KorruptkSwades-

Thank you

@Holo-

-Fishing is not in the current build you are playing. I have Morts SDX Fishing working in the new build I'm working on. So it will be back.

-Nothing can be done about the distance zombies spawn behind you. Its been a big problem with the game now for over a year and TFP don't seem to want to admit it or do anything to fix it.

-The NPC's at the Silo were Bandits the ones that will follow you are followers. They way they are incorporated in to the mod now was just for testing purposes and how/where they spawn in the world is changing. Followers trapped in POI's guarded by Bandits is the plan.

-In my mod i remove all large out of place POI's. I remove all POI's with too much loot, I turn off all POI lighting including candles and torches. But for some computers it still bogs down. Though I would consider 30fps really good for walking through a city. You start to have problems when it gets below 10 lol. In the next build I am removing most of the POI's that are more than 3 or 4 stories high. High buildings really make it easy to get away from the zombies right now because their pathing sucks. This should also help FPS performance in citys.

@TheJarlDoom-

Thanks.

@wolverine576-

You can already make animal guts and rub them on a follower and he will smell and attacked zombies. I can see those gore blocks being used as a huge exploit. Make 10 place on south end of city run to north end and loot free and clear. Or. Place 10 around a players base and laugh as it gets destroyed. Or. Make 50 of them and place them down and crash a server. I could go on. Some things are really good ideas but make terrible game play like Morts Water Collector Blocks, really cool idea but a nuclear bomb to a server in the wrong hands.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

@wolverine576-

You can already make animal guts and rub them on a follower and he will smell and attacked zombies. I can see those gore blocks being used as a huge exploit. Make 10 place on south end of city run to north end and loot free and clear. Or. Place 10 around a players base and laugh as it gets destroyed. Or. Make 50 of them and place them down and crash a server. I could go on. Some things are really good ideas but make terrible game play like Morts Water Collector Blocks, really cool idea but a nuclear bomb to a server in the wrong hands.

Good points. I do have a nice pile of brain matter lol

Can anyone provide their method for advancing efficiently through the crafting ranks? Looks to me like it's get to level 10 and get the forge up and running and then make nails for days then start crafting wood frames and getting preliminary base up and running. I'd this familiar to anyone? Any tips after that?

Invisible items

hello :) just downloaded the mod ,and some items are invisible in my inventory ,i can see the name of the item if i hover my mouse over it and i can use them but theres no item icon etc ,any idea what i did wrong and how i could fix it? thanks! :)

Did you ever figure out a fix for this? It's really annoying.

Can anyone provide their method for advancing efficiently through the crafting ranks? Looks to me like it's get to level 10 and get the forge up and running and then make nails for days then start crafting wood frames and getting preliminary base up and running. I'd this familiar to anyone? Any tips after that?

I smash the following - sticks, bows, stone axes, splints ( they earn engineering skills ), bandages and plant fibre cowboy hats. I use the splints as fuel and scrap anything else that can be scrapped in additoin to some of the things others have mentioned.

My first base is a hole in the ground then i find a multi-story building ( I cut out some stairs ) or get on the roof of something solid like pass n gass or car yard..

Edited by Jolly (see edit history)

Invisible icons

Hi spider. Great job an this mod. Keep up the good work. I just downloaded it a few days ago. I don't know if I did something wrong (I followed install instructions to a T) but a lot of the icons don't show in my inventory such as first aid kit, stone hoe, plant fiber, carrot, etc. I tried deleting the mod and downloading again and still the same issue. Makes sorting difficult as half my items don't show up. Is this something that you are working on or maybe I need to do something on my end?

Thanks for this great mod. I appreciate your hard work and time you've put into it.

Mod Details - HeadShot Damage - Zombie Difficulty

I am trying to get a sense of what the mod does to the zombies / weapons to encourage head-shots .. as it seems at the moment, they are not really doing much damage to the heads.

I see in the items xml there are lines for headshots.... but not a huge number thats for sure over what the default was .. What should i be looking at to get a better sense as to how the HS line up ? ...

Other then jacking up the damage multiplier for HS in the items.. what else was changed to encourage HS kills ?

Thanks

Zombie Heahshots - weapon damage

Not sure.. but it looks like my post vaporised ..

But I was hoping to get some additional data on what was changed in the mod to make the head-shot more effective .. I see in the items xml there where some changes to certain weapons head shot multiplier.. but not overly much ..

What encourages HS in the mod, and what if anything can i experiment with to alter HS and Body damage other then the zombie entity class or item damage for heads ..

Is there other code which controls damage resisted, damage done, amount of health per "limb" or "torso" other then Max health ?

thanks

@Loxodrome-

I posted this on the steam forums for another player-

Type 1)

Increase all weapons damagebonus.head by x10 and then increase all zombies health points by x10. This will get you the experience you’re looking for but it messes up PVP kinda.

Type2)

Add a buff to all weapons that does a lot of damage only to zombies when they are hit in the head. This keeps PVP intact but has the draw back of a slight delay in the Zombies death (they will complete their death animation, some players like this some do not) and does not give the player that killed the zombie the bonus XP for the finishing shot because the buff actually killed it.

Just to be clear... your mod does not modify, or increase damage (at the moment) for Headshots? I thought i read in a post that it was .... the game i was in as a doctor with a bow skill of a mere 24 took over 250 arrows and nearly an entire in-game day to take down 4 slow walkers ..

I was looking for an easy solution for this as it did seem a little excessive... day 7 i had to hide in attck and destroy my ladder as i was unable to kill anything fast enough with a bow and arrow and the spike traps "zip" to deter or do damage.

as my server does not have PvP i would go with the first option .. unless another more reasonable solution presents itself.. the Buff of option 2 sounds fine.. but zero XP would be a huge deterrent.

What makes the zombies so hard to kill in this mod ? ... increased health ?

@Loxodrome-

I posted this on the steam forums for another player-

Type 1)

Increase all weapons damagebonus.head by x10 and then increase all zombies health points by x10. This will get you the experience you’re looking for but it messes up PVP kinda.

Type2)

Add a buff to all weapons that does a lot of damage only to zombies when they are hit in the head. This keeps PVP intact but has the draw back of a slight delay in the Zombies death (they will complete their death animation, some players like this some do not) and does not give the player that killed the zombie the bonus XP for the finishing shot because the buff actually killed it.