True Survival

Spider

Not sure if this is discussed elsewhere in the 100's of posts here, but why no traders? And no dukes in cash registers and such?

Workchickencoop Has no description

Venison Steak, has no description, or Icon

Just made my first chicken coop, is it correct that it takes 5 game days to craft a baby chicken? Timer in the coop says 348 minutes..? Thats 5 real life hours?

Edited by wolverine576 (see edit history)

@spider-

I'm sorry to bother you again with "overstuffed" buff issue I have. Last time you said to get rid of it I need to cancel the hidden "stuffed" buff, as it is causing the overstuffed buff to appear. Typing "debuff stuffed" in the console doesn't do anything, it says there's no "stuffed" buff. Could you please tell me how to cancel the stuffed buff?

Well, that update didn't help my character. I had to cancel "overstuffed" every 5 minutes or so. Using any item which gives wellness gave me "overstuffed" too, immediately.

It seems my character has to die for a clean test)

edit: alright, suicide commited. It is funny how many times I killed myself. Moreover, all my deaths are suicides)) Let's see how it goes from here...

Also, does anyone else experience their minibikes engines break instantly after running over a zombie or a steep hill? Changed my minibike engine about 20 times already. Maybe I need to be more careful.

Edited by RomRomRya (see edit history)

Also, does someone experience their minibikes engines break instantly after running over a zombie or a steep hill? Changed my minibike engine about 20 times already. Maybe I need to be more careful.

Yeah, they break from 100% to 0% after riding over 1-2 zeds. Spider knows this but he's not willing to fix it because he hates bikes :mad-new: But you don't have to build new engines, just always have in bike's inventory 'scavanged parts' to repair the engine with.

@unlike them-

That's what I meant saying "changing" - repairing it.

"he hates bikes"

Well, we have that in common with spider!

I don't hate the concept of bikes, but just the way it works within the game engine. Just riding it feels laggy and not working properly. The very first time I used a bike I thought something is wrong with my computer - that's how bad it is.

But it's the only way to travel long distances fast, so I guess we have to deal with it)

@RomRomRya-

Ok let me know how it works out. You do know you get a fast travel buff for walking on paved roads

@unlike them-

How do you fix it? The mini Bike is vanilla. Its too buggy, I don't like to mod it because then I get blamed for all its problems. If you know a way to fix it let me know.

@RomRomRya-

Ok let me know how it works out. You do know you get a fast travel buff for walking on paved roads

K, I'll let you know. It seems, overstuffed takes some time to accumulate before it appears.

Yes, I do know you get a wondrous speed buff on roads. Hard to not notice it))

Dedicated Server nullreferenceexception

So..

I have done everything I can find to resolve this error ... I even ran a local random gen map to make sure the files where in the right place..

Everything works great when in game "so far" but when I log off from a dedicated server using this MOD i receive a never ending run of nullreferenceexception errors in console and have to force quit the application.

things i have tried to resolve this;

reinstalled server

updated all files as per install guide

Same error.

Installed fresh copy of client local

installed mod files local

ran local single player map

this ran fine on exit of the game

Logged back into server , logout after integrity checks... oddly every time i logout and get this error the same 31 files need to be repaired....

any thoughts ?

@Loxodrome, its a known issue, caused by the buff UI, it can't be helped, but it doesn't cause any harm so we just kill the process in the task manager when we quit the game.

@dinusocol, no wiki, the mod is changing rapidly, even the front page is outdated, no use updating it until the SDX version is out. If you have questions, ask them here.

@Loxodrome-

No this is from the detailed buff information in the new SMX UI . It is harmless and TFP have been notified. It only happens on servers and you can windows out the game and close it to get around the error. I like the detailed buffs so i didn't change it, to me its worth the 2 extra clicks to leave the game. Im hoping this gets fixed and if not it will only effect servers and if it becomes a problem I might change it.

Most of the stiff on the front page is close to accurate so if you read it you will still have a good idea how things work. Unlikem them is right the SDX version I'm working on will change most things. When I'm done I'll write up a new description. Just no point to editing it until everything is finalized. Thanks for your patience.

Edited by Spider (see edit history)

Ooooooh! Im still learning the XML. Your mod is awesome! Its exactly the style we play, slow progression, realism in crafting.

I made a small list of missing things here , didnt know if you saw :)

Whats the differences in the Forge, and blast furnace? Is there a material yield difference?

Edited by wolverine576 (see edit history)